(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Baby jaundice is back at 10.8.. doc asked if we wanna rent the phototherapy machine or continue sunbath method

Apparently we have been doing it wrong. 5 mins is not enough at all according to PD. Must sunbath 30 mins (include front and back) and must strip naked including mittens and roll down diaper abit.

Sigh really hope baby can be cleared of jaundice soon

My baby has jaundice on day 3. After discharged, I asked CL bring him to sunbath but she said dun need and just on the light in the house will do. I didn't think much as I believe her. Then we went back for review after a week. His jaundice was 198 and PD said must sunbath him n come back for test again after 3 days. CL panic n started sunbath him for ard 20 mins b4 8.30 every morning. We didn't start the sunbath immediately after discharge but baby still manage to clear off jaundice after ard 2 weeks. Dun worry :)

@happycsk , the parentcraft sells that flange le.. I also tried on. V comfy hor... But i nv buy, i think $30+ for a pair.

So far my LO use huggies quite alright. My #2 got sensitive butt, only can wear pampers. I heard MAMYPOKO buy from batam v cheap, yet to go n stock up... My storeroom still full of pampers from cold storage sale :(
Very odd, my #1 uses petpet (one of the cheapest), she so lucky no rash.. All kods butt really different!
The cheapest GOON i bought before was at expo sale..
Anyway, do note that diapers got expiry date wor...
If buy Mamypoko from Batam, how much Singapore dollar per pc (for newborn)?

My baby has jaundice on day 3. After discharged, I asked CL bring him to sunbath but she said dun need and just on the light in the house will do. I didn't think much as I believe her. Then we went back for review after a week. His jaundice was 198 and PD said must sunbath him n come back for test again after 3 days. CL panic n started sunbath him for ard 20 mins b4 8.30 every morning. We didn't start the sunbath immediately after discharge but baby still manage to clear off jaundice after ard 2 weeks. Dun worry :)

I see. Do you sunbath him under direct sunlight? My house area is always shaded and no sun at all. Just wondering if its enough to just bring him downstairs and sit for abt 30 mins

I see. Do you sunbath him under direct sunlight? My house area is always shaded and no sun at all. Just wondering if its enough to just bring him downstairs and sit for abt 30 mins

Yesterday e pd says 5min front and back oso. But this morning i more kiasu sun bath him total 20min.

Oh man the weather is super hot these days! I got abrasions at the bottom of my breasts due to the sweat n my bra rubbing!!! Unbelievable! Now I'm not wearing bra n just paste the breastpads on, so comical lol
No milk come out and flash away your breastpads? ;) hehe... Really very hot leh!

I just had my scan with dr tham ytd and he said its likely blood clots also. I will continue with my post natal massage. Just wondering if you visited him again for review? Are u blood clots gone already? Im wondering if it really dont go away, will there be any side effects. Can we just ignore it? Just having silly thoughts like whether we will still get pregnant again if uterus never contract properly etc..

My next review is 3 mths after the 1st visit wit dr tham. If the clot dont come out all, it be left inside. Wont affect, but u can feel the lump if u press hard enuff, u can ask ur ML to press those parts with lumps n let u feel. I felt mine, after massage 2 huge clot came out.
If u preg n after delivery, the clots may come out tgt but in different colour, like dark green (according to my ML)

Ya i also sunbath for 20-30mins, under sun n cover eyes with cotton! Lol, light got use meh? Ur CL sooo cute!

Oh man the weather is super hot these days! I got abrasions at the bottom of my breasts due to the sweat n my bra rubbing!!! Unbelievable! Now I'm not wearing bra n just paste the breastpads on, so comical lol

Better wear bra leh, or get a size larger if cause abrasions. If not ur boobs will sag n the bottom boobs easily block/engorge...

I just had my scan with dr tham ytd and he said its likely blood clots also. I will continue with my post natal massage. Just wondering if you visited him again for review? Are u blood clots gone already? Im wondering if it really dont go away, will there be any side effects. Can we just ignore it? Just having silly thoughts like whether we will still get pregnant again if uterus never contract properly etc..
Did he ask u to go back for further review? Coz he didn't ask me to go back after the 2nd scan. My next appt is 3 mths later for the usual postpartum Pap smear test.

Any reviews of Hospital grade pump? Thanks @furbee for your recommendation on Spectra 9+ . Getting one of those from your recommended site.

Thinking of getting another hospital grade pump.

Good if it's just blood clots. Keep monitoring n I think massage is good, at least can help to release those clots. I postponed my session to next week coz am afraid of similar episode so I'm just gg monitor my flow this week. Don't mean to scare u but why I decided to go for surgery to flush out is also coz the senior doc at Kkh advised saying if I don't remove the clots and tissues may lead to another gush, infections and possible infertility in the future. Though I may not want a second kid but the risks still freaked me out.

Any mummies staying in the west like Clementi area with good PD to recommend. There's one near my place but my sister in law said ex n no gd. My hubby wasn't impressed with Nuh where I delivered anymore so he doesn't prefer we go back to Nuh to see PD.

Hahhahha.... I did that too in the early days... paste the pads on my tshirt or singlet. Tired leh wear bra!! And also if didnt use the pads, the rubbing of nipple to tshirt was just sooo painful!
Now can control abit lah the leakage. And the nipples season alrdy.

I'm using moony and also got foc mamy poko fr one of the free bags from hospital. CL says mamy poko is the best she has used and baby bottom won't be red or irritated. She also said Huggies is lousy, makes baby bottom red red and not airy. I think Japanese brands in general are superior in their make, even in diapers. I've seen my baby's bottom in huggies, poor bottom turn red red.

How much did u buy per pack and how many pcs inside? I bought GOON NB 90pcs. After 13days only left with 30pcs. Used 60pcs in 2 weeks, is my bb usage too much? Do you think I should buy NB 90pcs x 2 packs?

Talking abt blood clots and blood.... my lochia ended after 47days post partum. And then stop for abt a week or so and now I am bleeding again. Not much. But more to spotting. And if it's period, cldnt be that long, right. Shld be ard our normal period cycle, right? But now, its been abt 10 days (I tired to count alrdy!) and I am still spotting. And everytime I go toilet to pee, there will be some blood clots (very little) whenever I wash my V.

Shld I be concern? It doesn't seem worrying tho. Looks like normal blood during end of menses period. But like so long alrdy now.

Any mummies staying in the west like Clementi area with good PD to recommend. There's one near my place but my sister in law said ex n no gd. My hubby wasn't impressed with Nuh where I delivered anymore so he doesn't prefer we go back to Nuh to see PD.

I stay at Clementi, no good pds here. The only one nearby is Chia baby and child clinic, I brought my #1 there before and i dun like e pd leh. Feels like she dun like kids haha… only good thing is no queue when you make e appt! Dats why I'll still be going sbcc gleneagles for #2.

I tink holland v oso hv pds. Maybe you can chk out the reviews online.

Hey you stay at clementi too, next time can do playdates! :)

Anyone know if it is ok to take the first dose 6 in 1 vaccination at week 8 instead of week 7?

My appointmt for 6 in 1 is on week 10. I didn't book in advance and all fully book and I can only do it on week 10 the latest. The nurse said no problem. But I have no choice now. I never know that even private hospital injection need to book so much early in advance.

My baby likes the pigeon peristaltic nipple most. Dont like avent anymore. But sometimes I'll just make her drink from avent bottle. Dont want her to be dependent on just one type of bottle.

But pigeon's really the closest to our nipples
Yes think it is really not bad!

How much did u buy per pack and how many pcs inside? I bought GOON NB 90pcs. After 13days only left with 30pcs. Used 60pcs in 2 weeks, is my bb usage too much? Do you think I should buy NB 90pcs x 2 packs?
60pcs for 2 weeks? Very good liao! I bought NB 64pcs, finish in 7 days. Every week need one packet of NB64.

I checked JB Jusco, S$0.19 per pc for NB, where in Singapore Sheng Song S$0.26 per pc. (Same brand same packing)

Hehe i bought from qoo10, $20+ for 90pcs NB also. Usage wise I don't know coz I just delivered one week ago leh....

My babygirl's tummy looks so bloated. Like a balloon. Is this normal? Shes bottlefed Ebm usually and latches 1-2 times a day. We burp her after every feed. Shes also pooping and peeing well. Just worried about her tummy size... ):

My babygirl's tummy looks so bloated. Like a balloon. Is this normal? Shes bottlefed Ebm usually and latches 1-2 times a day. We burp her after every feed. Shes also pooping and peeing well. Just worried about her tummy size... ):

Same as my bb. Tummy was big like ballon and so bloated even can see the veins on tummy very clear.

PD prescribed "RidWind" first, but seems not help much. So I went back to PD again, then prescribed "Acolic" (Orange colour) works like magic. Check with your PD better.

Same as my bb. Tummy was big like ballon and so bloated even can see the veins on tummy very clear.

PD prescribed "RidWind" first, but seems not help much. So I went back to PD again, then prescribed "Acolic" (Orange colour) works like magic. Check with your PD better.
So its not normal? I can see my girl's veins on her tummy too. And she does seems alittle crankier than first two weeks of birth recently. Isit due to my diet which causes my breastmilk to lack some essential elements to keep her well?

My appointmt for 6 in 1 is on week 10. I didn't book in advance and all fully book and I can only do it on week 10 the latest. The nurse said no problem. But I have no choice now. I never know that even private hospital injection need to book so much early in advance.

Thanks.. I will be bringing my boy to private clinic for the jab..

Must wear bra to prevent engorgement leh. First week I also didn't wear bra until someone told me cannot don't wear. Even sleeping also must wear. Wear without underwire kind.

Must wear bra to prevent engorgement leh. First week I also didn't wear bra until someone told me cannot don't wear. Even sleeping also must wear. Wear without underwire kind.

Wow i don't know must wear bra to prevent engorgement. I never wear bra at home haha. Will start to wear soon..

I stay at Clementi, no good pds here. The only one nearby is Chia baby and child clinic, I brought my #1 there before and i dun like e pd leh. Feels like she dun like kids haha… only good thing is no queue when you make e appt! Dats why I'll still be going sbcc gleneagles for #2.

I tink holland v oso hv pds. Maybe you can chk out the reviews online.

Hey you stay at clementi too, next time can do playdates! :)
Chia is the one my sis in law said no good. Ya I stay at ave 3. ☺

My freestyle also cant yield much, motor v weak which means the suction slow. Sigh. Tat y i bought a S9+ spectra. So far so gd, only thing is no handsfree. I tried to pump one side with spectra theother freestyle, difference 20-50ml more for spectra. I also considered freemie, but like quite ex .. Add on the cost total ard $300, so like not really worth leh. Maybe will get a handsfree bra to try. But overall spectra suction is quite gd

I just bought the freemie cups and I absolutely love it!! So convenient and I can move around the house doing my things. It makes the 30 mins pumping session less a pain

Any mummies giving pacifier to ur LO? Mine is super cranky I am thinking of giving it to him

Yup i intro ard 3wk old..vwas too cranky n i overfed him till he puke 3x, den next day i buy n stuff in his mouth. He rejected it for couple of days, den took it wen he was sleepy n looking for comfort..cos i used to latch him to zzz, but made me more tired.

Talking abt blood clots and blood.... my lochia ended after 47days post partum. And then stop for abt a week or so and now I am bleeding again. Not much. But more to spotting. And if it's period, cldnt be that long, right. Shld be ard our normal period cycle, right? But now, its been abt 10 days (I tired to count alrdy!) and I am still spotting. And everytime I go toilet to pee, there will be some blood clots (very little) whenever I wash my V.

Shld I be concern? It doesn't seem worrying tho. Looks like normal blood during end of menses period. But like so long alrdy now.

I tot will end ard 6weeks or so.. Cant be menses back so fast right? Mayb can call up ur gynae clinic n check with them...? I tink gd to check jus to be assured its normal...
My lochia jus ended aso ard 40days.. So far no more spots or bleeding..

Yup i intro ard 3wk old..vwas too cranky n i overfed him till he puke 3x, den next day i buy n stuff in his mouth. He rejected it for couple of days, den took it wen he was sleepy n looking for comfort..cos i used to latch him to zzz, but made me more tired.

Should be grow sprut??? My LO also 3wks now and every hr asking for milk. And last night wake up every hour too.

60pcs for 2 weeks? Very good liao! I bought NB 64pcs, finish in 7 days. Every week need one packet of NB64.

I checked JB Jusco, S$0.19 per pc for NB, where in Singapore Sheng Song S$0.26 per pc. (Same brand same packing)

Wow really.. hmm my bb sometimes half way wearing new diaper after poo, suddenly pee again haha.. so I thot her usage is abit too much..

Must wear de.. Even i wear got sag abit, but mine got no support, all cotton, so when full and drag the feed/pump will cause it to sag... :(

I hv yet to give.. and hubby also not keen.. so since I'm still on maternity.. just keep let bb latch on lor.

So different! I not keen my hubby force me buy to give bb, cos bb cry too much n drinks every hr he bth!

The nurse at Mt A told me must wear support bra. If not, breast will sag due to the heavy weight from milk.

Really ah... I never wear too...
Day time only wearing uniqlo airism bratop singlet. Night time wearing loose pyjamas only... Wear bra very hot and troublesome leh... I'm a person sweat a lot, especially weather like this.

I do not dare to introduce the pacifier to LO. Hubby is also against the idea.

On a side note, how much EBM or FM is your 3w old drinking per session? My LO is drinking about 110ml and I'm wondering if it's too much.

On a side note, how much EBM or FM is your 3w old drinking per session? My LO is drinking about 110ml and I'm wondering if it's too much.
Mine 3wks+ taking 90ml EBM & 70ml FM. Gave 80ml she vomit quite a lot.

I'm still wasn't sure I want to give baby pacifier... :/
Everytime she cries...I latch her...she can latch on and sleep with it.. very tiring. Should I start giving her pacifier?

Mine 2w+ baby, I'll feed her 100ml EBM or 90ml FM when want her to sleep longer...like night time.
During day time, mainly latch on or 80ml EBM or 70ml FM for her.

Is it every time baby will burp after bottle feed? I find the burping is a challenge especially during mid nite where I can spend 15 to 20 mins burping but still unsuccessful.

Is it every time baby will burp after bottle feed? I find the burping is a challenge especially during mid nite where I can spend 15 to 20 mins burping but still unsuccessful.
Yes mostly bb will burp if they r full.. mine if drink only 20-30ml she wont burp, but if 40-70ml she will. It takes awhile though.. i guess if cant burp as long as u keep her in sit down position for awhile (like how u intend to burp her), should be fine..
Mine burp faster with FM, longer with EBM.

Back