How close is your hubby with his working partner?

sunbelle

Dear all,

How close is your hubby with his female project partner at work ? Wat app cum phone calls.

The reason why I posted this is jus wondering whether for a partnership issit on platonic frenship or wat. I do felt upset when sumtimes I felt hubby getting too close to his lady partner. E.g like asking her to go jogging. After I feedback, he no longer do it n only restricts to work matters. But sumtimes also speak softly after talking finished the work matters. 7 yrs into the marriage n with a young kid now.

Hi sunbelle,

It's good your hubby stopped asking his colleague out for activities like jogging. However, speaking softly after discussing work matters isn't right. If he has nothing to hide, why the need to speak softly?

I don't think a man and a woman can ever be close friends, especially at work. It's easy for work relationships to evolve into something else.

I've always felt a woman should trust her instincts. If you feel something isn't right, then something probably isn't right.

I don't think a man and a woman can ever be close friends, especially at work. It's easy for work relationships to evolve into something else.
not true... my closest bestest friends are guys... one i know since sec sch, another know since poly...
for me, i know my partner is not comfortable with the idea, but still he didnt stop me from hanging out with them.. but of course i cannot travel solo with them anymore..

Be brave and ask your husband? Maybe he will say (just try your luck) Yeah i know guy usually will deny even they do wrong stuffs. i have 2 super close guy friends and i never date them before (10 years friendship).

I believe these kind of things depends on individuals, their comfort level, and their partner's comfort level. For example, between me and my boss, we were very close. When I worked late, we would end up having dinner together at coffee shop, hawker centre, or even a nice restaurant. Usually, when nice restaurant, I try to rope in another colleague because I would feel a bit awkward doing fine dining with him alone. But all these are not without the knowledge of our respective spouses. Now that we are not working together, we still talk about relationships, about some other rubbish, etc. Again, not without our spouses' knowledge.

I have male friends and now some of them, if I wanna talk to my male friends I talk to their wife first. And whatever nonsense we whatsapp, I make sure that if the wife sees, it would not be misunderstood. Sometimes, halfway whatsapping the husband, the wife continues the chat. Sometimes, the other way round! So you see, everyone is comfortable and nothing to hide (except when we were planning a present for wifie). Sometimes I would also be smiling and laughing when I whatsapp my guy friend because he is a funny guy(s) and then I would relate to my husband "he is such a funny guy. he said.... "

The important thing is that everyone should know where to draw the lines, and be mindful that the lines are never crossed. Example, if we arrange for an outing, at least one of our spouses must be present - otherwise, we lug the children along! So, no room for misunderstanding (by one of us or by outsiders). If I invite him somewhere, the spouse and/or kids would be invited as well. If I am invited somewhere, I make sure it is either for official reasons, or else either excuse myself, or bring someone along. I make it a point to not leave them or myself any room for misunderstanding. This is something that I asked of my husband, too - someone used to liked him a lot, so when he was invited for coffee, I told him not to give any wrong impression of give her a chance to mis-understand. Always talk (positively) about wife and kids!!

my hubby once swiped some specks of dust from his female coll's chest (no direct contact with the skin lah), right in front of me and his other colls, like as a matter of fact like that... bo chap... the lady also bo chap... but went on to climb higher and faster than my hubby in the company... go figure...

my hubby once swiped some specks of dust from his female coll's chest (no direct contact with the skin lah), right in front of me and his other colls, like as a matter of fact like that... bo chap... the lady also bo chap... but went on to climb higher and faster than my hubby in the company... go figure...

specks of dust? is he the ultra clean type?
I'm getting old liao.. i can hardly see specks of dust..

Its not bo chap la.. i guess its level of comfort and your hubby didn't intrude her private space sufficient that can cause her to be alarmed..
Don't think too much.. Have faith..

Back