(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Ya mine was couldn't stop puking. I was practically in the toilet or in my room only with horrible migraines as well. I lost weight in my first tri. Gagz
Once the puking stopped it was like sunshine after the rain! Blissful..Hahahaha
Now it's just the random kink of headache sometimes. Lower backache, leg cramps but I think I have combated it with compression socks so far so good.
BUT the bloating/indigestion with rib pain is very uncomfortable.
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for pain after delivery and breastfeeding.
"Bloating & Indigestion with rib pains" - my goodness. What you just said sums up my Wednesday totally! Been feeling a weird ache in my tummy since 7am(?!) + constipated toilet visits... Went away... And it came back with vengeance after dinner + ache in my ribs.

Thought something was wrong as I'm always getting some sort of aches and pains in my body, thankfully my husband was accommodating enough and not doubting is the aches are in my head or not.

Do you know of any home made remedies which can alleviate the pressure? It's been so uncomfortable!

PS/ those pineapple tarts of yours look amazing! Your baby will be so lucky with all that homemade Chinese & Indian festive cookies you make

Nice! I also like baking. FB_IMG_1425478959368.jpg

Seeing ur bread make me hungry, i down a pineapple tart...sinful & guilty..
Gr8 to get help from ur mum n in law, at least u aso got time to rest n aso tc of bb needs during ur confinement...
I dread the tot of confinement food...

I downed a doughnut!! Even worse :(

Tmr gynae checkup, hope I dun put on too much weight and bb is doing well.

The food is fine (except for the longan red date tea yucks) but the confinement itself is not. Dreading how stinky n sweaty i will be…

@cynn04 agree with u regarding the extra cost if theres unforeseen circumstances.
My #1 almost need stay extra day cos she din wet her diaper for entire 10hr!
#2 had extremely high jaundice, n instead of staying in hosp i rent the UV machine baby cot home for 3 days (cost less than staying in hosp!!)
Now duno if kids are weaker, or medically too advance, every thing must test,everything pay soooo much!
@cynn04 Of course we hope for the best but somehow, unforeseen circumstances are the worse.... Will keep both your words in mind as I'm opting for either the 1 or 2 bedder.

I think, it's not so much the kids are weaker. But because we are too prepared/ over loaded with information. Hence, doctors or hospitals are able to cash in on this and provide us with series of tests to give us "peace of mind". Like what my hubby said, spending $$ for peace of mind is better than worrying too much abt what-ifs.

@ellieteow im with dr benjamin tham... Yr 2011 took single room (1st night induce no single end up 2bedded, after delivery slept single bed 1night den following noon discharge)- paid cash $3k
Yr 2013 - no single den upgrade to deluxe single (NO FREE UPGRADE), stayed 2 nights -paid cash $4k
So this yr aso will go for single room...
Cos wen i was in 2bedded (induced during midnight) n the mama next to me had delivered n was resting, can hear she was moaning or sobbing in pain(i guess due to c sec, so wen i hear shuffling sounds, i hear her like in pain...scary to me lah... N cos the nurses service was terrible, requested milo at 2am, 7am nv arrive end up went to delivery room for 2nd pill inducement without food n was dripped to prepare for delivery. I complained to the doc....

I was talking to my cousin abt the auto-upgrade system in TMC, apparently 8 out of 10 times they will upgrade you to the next class??

Didn't know the nurses service was that bad?!! Hope it was just a once off thing thou.... Must be so annoying, with u in pain and still no comfort of milo from nurses.

"Bloating & Indigestion with rib pains" - my goodness. What you just said sums up my Wednesday totally! Been feeling a weird ache in my tummy since 7am(?!) + constipated toilet visits... Went away... And it came back with vengeance after dinner + ache in my ribs.

Thought something was wrong as I'm always getting some sort of aches and pains in my body, thankfully my husband was accommodating enough and not doubting is the aches are in my head or not.

Do you know of any home made remedies which can alleviate the pressure? It's been so uncomfortable!

PS/ those pineapple tarts of yours look amazing! Your baby will be so lucky with all that homemade Chinese & Indian festive cookies you make
@ellieteow I wish I had a sure fix remedy :(
Sometimes I get it like really late at night and I can't breathe at times.
What I usually do and it works sometimes, is to get up walk up and down my house slowly.
Sip some really hot water slowly to try and get the wind out by burping or hurhur farting :p
Then I have this method of rubbing down just the top part of my tummy under my breast bone and it seems to relieve some tightness.
I'm not sure why I get it maybe because I'm petite and there ain't enough space? I'm 165cm and was 47kg pre-preggo. Now I'm like 52kg.
Hahaha yeah my baby will become my kitchen assistant!

I downed a doughnut!! Even worse :(

Tmr gynae checkup, hope I dun put on too much weight and bb is doing well.

The food is fine (except for the longan red date tea yucks) but the confinement itself is not. Dreading how stinky n sweaty i will be…
Huh you are not going to bathe?!
Why??? Thought you would use those herbal bath thingie?

Was looking at the kiinde kozii warmer n bundle. Thinking want to buy or not. What did u get?
@nazriah @sunstarmoon
I got a few cartons of the nuk wipes and that portable uv sterilizer cause I'm just left with small essential items like these.
All my other items I bought much earlier and did up the nursery coz I'm just impatient and kiasu.
But then I will still take a look around when I go to collect the items. Just in case. :)

*Kan Chiong First MTB* JTS:
One of those mornings when I had to get up from bed to pee (maybe 6am)...
Went back to bed sleepily, and while I was sleeping/dozing off, I could feel 2 extra squeeze of liquid coming out. Didn't think much of it (thought it was vag discharge), until I felt extra wetness on my undies + boom, was so worried it was my waters breaking or something, I was immediately wide awake.

1) Wiped the liquid, it was clear + a little sticky
2) No pinkishness (indicates blood/amniotic fluid)
3) After 15mins I went back and did a sniff test; undies def smelled like pee

Never thought I would be so relived to have peed in my pants Made me so so worried. Anyone of you have experienced something similar?

In your experience, how will you know when it's for sure your waters breaking? (Google says it could be either a gush of water or a trickle ; hence the part which got me worried)

THANK YOU.

Went back to bed sleepily, and while I was sleeping/dozing off, I could feel 2 extra squeeze of liquid coming out. Didn't think much of it (thought it was vag discharge), until I felt extra wetness on my undies + boom, was so worried it was my waters breaking or something, I was immediately wide awake.

Never thought I would be so relived to have peed in my pants Made me so so worried. Anyone of you have experienced something similar?

In your experience, how will you know when it's for sure your waters breaking? (Google says it could be either a gush of water or a trickle ; hence the part which got me worried)

THANK YOU.
I think must wait for the more pro mummies to solve your enquiries.. but I'm thinking if waterbag burst.. should be accompanied by contraction pains.. so if there is no pain.. should be safe... baby not ready to come out yet:p

Discharge are quite common for preggy woman.. I think I started having from 2nd trimester.. just take note if the color is weird yellowish or foul smelling then most likely is some infection that also can be cured. So dun worry.. gynae can also check for u if u have doubts. But I heard for my next appt, they will also do routine checkups for the discharge part.

Huh you are not going to bathe?!
Why??? Thought you would use those herbal bath thingie?

Got got definitely gonna bathe everyday w herbs! But wash hair cannot everyday mah.

Plus the hot weather in May and breastfeeding will cfm reduce one to a stinky sticky mess despite one bath a day. Jus a heads up heehee. And fyi my confinement for #1 was in dec which was e cooler months!

THANK YOU.
Not sure man but I get regular involuntary squirts of vaginal discharge (sometimes clear as water and sometimes slightly milky) everyday and have to change my panties a million times!
I used panty liners earlier but they just got irritating after while.
I bought a mattress protector in case of water breakage too.
I was thinking of like placing it under my sheets from Apr maybe?

Got got definitely gonna bathe everyday w herbs! But wash hair cannot everyday mah.

Plus the hot weather in May and breastfeeding will cfm reduce one to a stinky sticky mess despite one bath a day. Jus a heads up heehee. And fyi my confinement for #1 was in dec which was e cooler months!
Hahahaha yeah. "Plaster head" man

I didn't get confinement lady because I can't speak Chinese only can comprehend it and my husband is eat potato kind so sure will have comm probs.
Initially wanted to get confinement lady than messaged this Sabrina auntie as she was highly recommended and she can speak English in the end she was booked during May and June -_-.
So I ordered herbs and the confinement blah blah set from Mummamia and my mom and mother in law both keep offering their help to cook and clean.
Eh I just made some sweet bread for breakfast tmr :) yah I didn't cook and bake during first tri also. Started back again from this year, 2015 and onwards will be great for us! :D
View attachment 497678

Wow your bread looks good. Did u do from scratch or use bread maker machine? I used to do from scratch and it takes a long time and I don't have stamina to Tahan now. Tot of buying a bread machine but not sure if I want to spend the money and an additional space needed in my kitchen.

Great that you have both mum n mother in law to help. But hope they get along cos I've heard from some friends their mothers have conflict.

Nowadays I get breathless easily.... N sometimes I have to sit up during night time till I feel better before getting to sleep. There are few times when I was so bloated after dinner that I got breathless and soft legs....no strength in my both legs.
Every morning, i feel muscle ache at my ribs all the way to tummy when I wake up. It's as if I just exercised the night before after a long time... That kind of ache.

Wow your bread looks good. Did u do from scratch or use bread maker machine? I used to do from scratch and it takes a long time and I don't have stamina to Tahan now. Tot of buying a bread machine but not sure if I want to spend the money and an additional space needed in my kitchen.

Great that you have both mum n mother in law to help. But hope they get along cos I've heard from some friends their mothers have conflict.
I don't use bread maker. Depending on type of bread either my hands to knead, my Kitchenaid or my food processor Magimix. It has a bread dough blade for like country loaves.
Yeah they both have been offering help.
I guess it largely depends on my mood on who comes when and does what.
No way I will have them both over at the same time.
I will go nuts as I'm very anal and prefer things to be done in a certain way etc.
Also they do not have any interaction with each other whatsoever. The very first time they met was during my wedding and then during one of the cny in past years when I had a house party.
Usually both sides are just invited separately.

Nowadays I get breathless easily.... N sometimes I have to sit up during night time till I feel better before getting to sleep. There are few times when I was so bloated after dinner that I got breathless and soft legs....no strength in my both legs.
Every morning, i feel muscle ache at my ribs all the way to tummy when I wake up. It's as if I just exercised the night before after a long time... That kind of ache.
Yeah same same like injured rib pain and can't breathe like a fish out of water. I hate the restless leg syndrome so much though. I curbed the leg cramps but I still get this crappy involuntary jerks in my legs, toes and now sometimes hands and fingers. It's a very annoying and freaky sensation.

@PixiePosh, @sunstarmoon: your pineapple tarts look good. It's not easy. You girls are good. I love pineapple tarts but cut down due to the sugar content but still fail glucose test. Now gotta control diet n cant eat.
But after give birth it will get better right? I hope it gets better even earlier for you so can at least have more food options.

What did u order? Am done buying for now. Else cant stop. Those lil rompers are evil!!!
I get what you mean about those rompers/body suits!! Think I've got an over supply of 0-3mths, got to start stocking up on 3mths onwards from now... So I've got a strict ban on buying clothes for now :D

I think must wait for the more pro mummies to solve your enquiries.. but I'm thinking if waterbag burst.. should be accompanied by contraction pains.. so if there is no pain.. should be safe... baby not ready to come out yet:p

Discharge are quite common for preggy woman.. I think I started having from 2nd trimester.. just take note if the color is weird yellowish or foul smelling then most likely is some infection that also can be cured. So dun worry.. gynae can also check for u if u have doubts. But I heard for my next appt, they will also do routine checkups for the discharge part.

Not sure man but I get regular involuntary squirts of vaginal discharge (sometimes clear as water and sometimes slightly milky) everyday and have to change my panties a million times!
I used panty liners earlier but they just got irritating after while.
I bought a mattress protector in case of water breakage too.
I was thinking of like placing it under my sheets from Apr maybe?

Yeah it's those sudden squirts of discharge which gets annoying/worrying depending on the situation... Things have settled down so I'm just thankful. Can't imagine when May comes.... We will all be wetting our pants some point in time :D Getting really exciting! Reaching the end of 27th weeks tomorrow, so HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER !!!

Talking about PD, when do we select the PD for the baby prior to delivery? Or is it just some random PD from the hospital who is available who will check on the baby once born or I'm supposed to check with my gynae on his recommendation?

Talking about PD, when do we select the PD for the baby prior to delivery? Or is it just some random PD from the hospital who is available who will check on the baby once born or I'm supposed to check with my gynae on his recommendation?
I checekd with my gynae... she asked if there was anyone i wanted to appoint, if not she will recommend... so it's up to you. i didn't know anyone in particular so i went with her recommendation...

may is definitely way hotter than in dec! too bad cannot really choose when baby comes out lol. can turn on aircon (not too cold) right? that might help to keep us all cooler, maybe wash hair every few days? shower everyday with the herbs water should be ok

My gynae has reserved a pd for me. It's Dr Simon Ng from Mt A. His clinic is in the same level as my gynae.

may is definitely way hotter than in dec! too bad cannot really choose when baby comes out lol. can turn on aircon (not too cold) right? that might help to keep us all cooler, maybe wash hair every few days? shower everyday with the herbs water should be ok
Yup, i on air-con 24/7 when i was doing confinement for my #1. it was in May as well. So was very hot. My confinement lady was fine with it as she says only no fan allowed. So I wasn't feeling sticky or anything with the air con so I just use the herbal water to wipe myself for the 1st 2 weeks and then started bathing and washing hair from the 3rd week onwards once every few days.

Yup, i on air-con 24/7 when i was doing confinement for my #1. it was in May as well. So was very hot. My confinement lady was fine with it as she says only no fan allowed. So I wasn't feeling sticky or anything with the air con so I just use the herbal water to wipe myself for the 1st 2 weeks and then started bathing and washing hair from the 3rd week onwards once every few days.

@yveyve18, doesn't your hair gets very oily or itchy scalp after 2 weeks of not washing?

Wondering is it too early to start washing baby clothes and cloth diapers now? Is it ok to store breast milk in the same freezer as my raw ingredients? Will there be cross contamination? Any recommendation for warmer - not too ex and can fit any brands of bottle?

I checekd with my gynae... she asked if there was anyone i wanted to appoint, if not she will recommend... so it's up to you. i didn't know anyone in particular so i went with her recommendation...
Same here I draw a blank when it comes to PD..

@yveyve18, doesn't your hair gets very oily or itchy scalp after 2 weeks of not washing?

Wondering is it too early to start washing baby clothes and cloth diapers now? Is it ok to store breast milk in the same freezer as my raw ingredients? Will there be cross contamination? Any recommendation for warmer - not too ex and can fit any brands of bottle?
I set a reminder in calendar to wash baby clothes etc in Apr. All the clothes and sheets so tiny think can fit one shot into washing machine. I bought two types of baby detergent one is low suds Kodomo coz mine is front loading machine. The other is pigeon that many mother say Wah Wah very good. Just that cloth diapers and inserts must wash many more times for absorbency that's what I was told by the sales person as well as online on their website . I bought Charlie banana. :)

I was talking to my cousin abt the auto-upgrade system in TMC, apparently 8 out of 10 times they will upgrade you to the next class??

Didn't know the nurses service was that bad?!! Hope it was just a once off thing thou.... Must be so annoying, with u in pain and still no comfort of milo from nurses.
I heard of the free upgrade in TMC but usually is only from 4-bedder to 2-bedder. No 2-bedder to single... :(

I always anticipated my career to take a backseat when the baby came, this was a decision my hubby and I sort of briefly discussed way before we got preggo saying to be there for young one blah blah. Alas when I did get pregnant and I was so sick it came as an easier decision because maybe because I had the seed of thought there.
I even joked with my staff before that I might puke on them or during meetings and I almost did a few times!
But I'm thinking for you, since you have slogged so hard and you are almost at the tail end to try and wrap it up if you can since we are in Mar now and May is just around the corner.
Also check when you can quit after your maternity leave because I think there is some MOM clause on maternity leave pay benefits and quitting.
Yeah am slogging to try to close the project by end March then I can be a bit more relax awaiting the arrival of baby. Just worried during the period the stressed level will affect the baby and am trying to cool down and relax as much as I can.

Coz I will use the Klorane shampoo powder for the first 2 weeks. And also coz i'm only in air-con room, I dont feel sweat so dont really feel the stickiness/itchiness.

I washed the baby clothes early in feb and then I ziplock them since its still too early. But I rather do early than later part when start to feel heavy.

Cloth diapers, first wash was early feb, then I staggered 2 weeks between the 2nd and 3rd wash. Then same, put them in ziplock. Next week will be starting to arrange all the baby stuffs on the shelves

Usually gynae side will ask if you hv preferred pd or if not refer to someone they know.

I will use e pd my gynae refer to at e hospital, then go back to my own pd Dr Nancy Tan at sbcc gleneagles for vaccinations and stuff. She's super friendly, like her very much. But her clinic nowadays always crowded.

Sighs, gynae crowded, pd oso crowded!

Haha actually hor, 1st preg i induce and din research much on the process. So wen i had contractions i tot i wanted to poo... Must very milk, so i manage to nap till being pushed to delivery room only when they strapped on the equipments on the belly n told me i having contractions that i started to worry! Lol. So i think not knowing anything is a blessing too

Talking about PD, just to share that the vaccinations 5-in-1 from polyclinic is free, 6-in-1 needa pay. Whereas for PD everything is pay pay pay. 1st visit or 2 is good to follow the hosp PD/ur choice PD, even checks for jaundice can b done at polyclinic (way cheaper). Unless rental of the machine, or if need to be admitted due to high jaundice den jus continue with PD. Other den injections, normal fever n etc i also go to PD cos polyclinic doc only advise the 'normal' stuff.
And also check with the nurses what injections are done at birth (thou the birth booklet is written), den u can get more advise on other injections that u wish for bb to take which are not free-if at polyclinic.

Gynae chkup was good today, other than e horrifying wait of 1.5hrs :( Bb weighs in at 1.2kg at wk29 which is average. Average is good!

So fast next chkup will hv to pay deposit for hospital and book bed liao. Time really flies.

Hey all,
Got this list from August thread. Can give it a try for samples!

http://www.friso.com.sg/sample-request-form.php

https://www.nestlebaby.com.sg/sg/user/register

https://www.posb.com.sg/Contact/posb/deposits/smiley-gift/default.page

http://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/sg50/baby/index.jsp?=MTE3NDg5OQ

https://www.huggies.com.sg/request-sample.aspx

http://www.dumex.com.sg/login?returnurl=http://www.dumex.com.sg/myaccount

http://ssl.kao.com/sg/merries/120401a/

GOO.N -http://www.diapers.com.sg/register.php

http://www.bosomi.sg/freesample.htm

Fitti / Pet Pet: Contact 6861 9155 or email [email protected]
MamyPoko: 6265 1648

Milk for pregnant/lactating mothers:
Enfamama: http://www.meadjohnsonasia.com.sg/sign-up.aspx?sampleReq=1
Similac: http://abbottfamily.com.sg/familycampaign/9c33e92e-db0b-403a-bd71-ae7d7e139130
Friso: http://www.friso.com.sg/sample-request-form.php
S26: https://www.wyethnutrition.com.sg/our-products/free-samples
Anmum: https://anmum.com.sg/home/request-for-sample/

Follow Up Milk:
Karihome: http://www.karihome.com.sg/req-sample.html

Miscellaneous:
Sample store(selected samples free delivery otherwise will be $5.99 delivery for 4 samples): https://www.samplestore.com/r/127948 (current baby sample > sebmed)
Baby Fabric Conditional By Comfort Zone: https://www.facebook.com/ComfortZoneSG/app_366358890078977?ref=mb
Palmer’s Coco butter: https://www.facebook.com/palmerssingapore/app_153284594738391
Poise: https://www.poise.com/samples-and-offers/samples
Skinrevival Babycare: http://www.skinrevival.com.sg/S/ind...chk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=82
Mambaby, breastpad: http://www.mymambaby.com/sg/breast-pads.html
Simba Baby, breastmilk bag: https://www.facebook.com/simbababysg/app_100265896690345

Talking about PD, just to share that the vaccinations 5-in-1 from polyclinic is free, 6-in-1 needa pay. Whereas for PD everything is pay pay pay. 1st visit or 2 is good to follow the hosp PD/ur choice PD, even checks for jaundice can b done at polyclinic (way cheaper). Unless rental of the machine, or if need to be admitted due to high jaundice den jus continue with PD. Other den injections, normal fever n etc i also go to PD cos polyclinic doc only advise the 'normal' stuff.
And also check with the nurses what injections are done at birth (thou the birth booklet is written), den u can get more advise on other injections that u wish for bb to take which are not free-if at polyclinic.
Gawd I'm feeling scared thinking of the vaccinations. I hate injections in general. I think I will cry next time when I bring my baby for immunization jabs. Gulps. What's the difference between 5 in 1 and 6 in 1?
I'm guessing the hospital will let us know which months to bring the baby for the jabs yeah??

Gynae chkup was good today, other than e horrifying wait of 1.5hrs :( Bb weighs in at 1.2kg at wk29 which is average. Average is good!

So fast next chkup will hv to pay deposit for hospital and book bed liao. Time really flies.
When is ur nxt appt? In 3 wks time?
So week 32 pay doctor fee deposit yeah? My gynae said he will make room reservation when I went this week. He didn't mention abt his fees yet. So I guess when I see him nxt at 32 wks in 3 wks time he will mention it..
I'm beginning to feel abit scared..

Back