MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

@chrisl : yes, now i eat very little. sometimes just a bowl of soup already feel like tummy going to explode. hahaha. but on the opposite, i will get the heartburn very soon, not sure whether because gastric juice . Going for my detailed scan tomo and visit gynae after tat. hope able to find out the gender tomo :)

@chrisl : yes, now i eat very little. sometimes just a bowl of soup already feel like tummy going to explode. hahaha. but on the opposite, i will get the heartburn very soon, not sure whether because gastric juice . Going for my detailed scan tomo and visit gynae after tat. hope able to find out the gender tomo :)
ooooo so excited to see their gender! Can u help me ask ur gynae tomorrow if it is recommended to take bloodtest to check for low iron and such in our 20ish week? Tia!

@chrisl : Ok. will ask my gynae tomo. I need to check with him also regarding my cramp. Now i cant really walk much or will get very bad cramp. A usual 10 min walk will take me very long due to frequent stop as the cramp is quite bad. do you experience tat as well?

thanks! hmm...cramps not really . Just lower backache and feet pain if stand/walk too much..

@chrisl: i hv checked with my gynae on the blood test. Do u hv recent blood test? Mine was done last month and all showed ok but slightly on the low side. So he say no need to repeat anymore

thanks! nope my last bloodtest was my Oscar test in week12..nothing more recent..ok will ask my gynae in next appointment. how was ur scan?

Everything ok , only bbs are slightly on the bigger side. Gender same as urs. Haha. Now can shop for both gender

Hi all! I'm also expecting twinnies EDD in sept!

Just passed my 12 wk mark and realised I've gained like 4kg.... Is that too much? How are your experiences like?

Any mummies here started to apply stretch mark creams? I jus passed 12 wks. Any recommendations on the brands? There r so many so I'm confused....

Ive started to apply. Im using bio oil which many says vwry effective. U can try clarins on the higher end which is also effective :)
However, research also shows tt it is base on genetic.. so these stretchmarks cream is to minimise..

Anyone getting twin prams? Any twin pram to recommend that folds smallish (limited boot space) and not too ex.

Not sure if I should get twin pram because I still have 2 single prams bought previously for my first son, 2 yrs old now.

I'm week 26 plus now but like always tired. Can't sleep properly. Is it normal?

@tangoesrulez: im also considering whether to get twin stroller or not. Advise i got from twin mommies is getting 2 single stroller instead cos twin stroller very bulky n not easy to manouver. Im only at my 22 weeks but also feel tired easily n cant sleep properly cos body pain. I think shud b quite normal

I'm also starting to look at twin strollers and baby carriers. Do you think we will use more of the carrier than stroller?
My sis advised me to get the carrier first.

hi ladies

can someone share the growth, heartbeats, size etc, of your cute twins @ 7 weeks. gynae did not mention anything abt what is the healthy range

thanks!!

@ellesie ask u ah..since our edd very closeby..does ur twin1 and 2 de weight differs by a lot? I just scanned yesterday and b is 534gm while g is 658gm..that is like 124gm diff..although doc said nothing to worry abt but still cannot help to be thinking abt it..haiz

Anyone getting twin prams? Any twin pram to recommend that folds smallish (limited boot space) and not too ex.

Not sure if I should get twin pram because I still have 2 single prams bought previously for my first son, 2 yrs old now.

I'm week 26 plus now but like always tired. Can't sleep properly. Is it normal?
hehe..initially I mentioned I wun be getting any twin prams here since I wun be staying for long but thinking twice now cos might be easier to free hands once a while cos also will be carrying diaper dags etc.. I saw this combi stroller at the recent bb fair and most likely will be getting that in near future..it seems kinda easy to fold and rather lighter than others..but one thing I dun like is the wheels though...else all else rather ok for me to use for ard a few mths up to ard 2-3yrs old..

I also feels tired now in 23weeks...hv to take naps very often..

@tangoesrulez: im also considering whether to get twin stroller or not. Advise i got from twin mommies is getting 2 single stroller instead cos twin stroller very bulky n not easy to manouver. Im only at my 22 weeks but also feel tired easily n cant sleep properly cos body pain. I think shud b quite normal

Thanks for the advice. I personally don't know any other twin mummies so no one can advise me on this area. Just as well that I already have 2 single strollers then. Will try to survive with them with sling and carriers first. :)

@ellesie ask u ah..since our edd very closeby..does ur twin1 and 2 de weight differs by a lot? I just scanned yesterday and b is 534gm while g is 658gm..that is like 124gm diff..although doc said nothing to worry abt but still cannot help to be thinking abt it..haiz
hmm, no ler. all along their size is similar. The last detailed scan show their weight at 416g and 436g. since beginning it's the gal which is bigger but last scan suddenly boy become bigger. But if doc din say anything, i think should be ok ba.

thanks Chrisl!
are you taking any supplements ? gynae only give supplements after 1st tri.
that time early trimester I didn't take supplements, just 2 folate acid + duphaston (progesterone pills given by doc to support pregnancy) then just try to eat well balance meals+water everyday..

thereafter when hit 12weeks, doc started me with calcium, fisoils and obimin ..up till now

+want to add I didn take obimin very often ..I only took it daily recently as I hv fainting spells and low bp..

Last edited:
hmm, no ler. all along their size is similar. The last detailed scan show their weight at 416g and 436g. since beginning it's the gal which is bigger but last scan suddenly boy become bigger. But if doc din say anything, i think should be ok ba.

Ellesie, congrats! 1 gal 1 boy!! At how many weeks u found out their gender??

Any mummies here started to apply stretch mark creams? I jus passed 12 wks. Any recommendations on the brands? There r so many so I'm confused....
hmm.I didn't put any creams everyday but only once when I felt skin pull until very tight a few weeks back I applied some essential oils..that's all

i'm using clarins stretchmark cream but still got it cos when my no 1, i also got the stretchmark. now only use it if feel skin very tight and when my gal to apply for me. cos i now delegate the putting of cream to her :)

Twins mummies to be, what stroller would you recommend? Im looking at Maclaren twin triump, Britax B Agile.

Twins mummies to be, what stroller would you recommend? Im looking at Maclaren twin triump, Britax B Agile.
im also looking for one myself ...the other time at bb fair I found combi twin not too bad..kinda lightweight but I didn't really like the wheels though..but im shortlisting that lah..

I'm contemplating to get the joovy stroller at bb fair. But feel its very bulky. Car boot abit small to accommodate.

All the while we could only see 1 fetus and only heard 1 hb until today. Was having spotting on and off very irregularly. Lo and behold, doc saw 3sacs and 2 hb. She said they are fraternal. Great shock. But 1 twin's hb is slower at 127 only, at 8W+ it should be between 149 to 190. Hopefully all turns out well and I can carry them to full term....

All the while we could only see 1 fetus and only heard 1 hb until today. Was having spotting on and off very irregularly. Lo and behold, doc saw 3sacs and 2 hb. She said they are fraternal. Great shock. But 1 twin's hb is slower at 127 only, at 8W+ it should be between 149 to 190. Hopefully all turns out well and I can carry them to full term....
hehe welcome! mine was also 3 sacs initially! But hb and myself are more than grateful for 2! --cannot imagine how to handle 3 on long haul plane trip! just rest as much as u can and eat good :)

Hi, may I know the hospital bill size for deliver twins? Medisave can claim more for deliver twins?
hmm...not sure yet..majority of us here hv not given birth yet..but I remember someone posted something abt cost sometimes back if im not wrong ..u can try to read the past messages posted..

Back