any 35 and above trying for their first?

I mean it’s just what I think if someone says that to me since I’m not young. I’m sure much younger ladies have super high chance on ivf success so these people actually do mean well. But when people say that on me, I just find it so ignorant.

Thanks for your positivity for me. I wish you the best too.

I mean it’s just what I think if someone says that to me since I’m not young. I’m sure much younger ladies have super high chance on ivf success so these people actually do mean well. But when people say that on me, I just find it so ignorant.

Thanks for your positivity for me. I wish you the best too.
Agree! I also had frens say to me and Im so annoyed. If ur not having fertility troubles best to keep your mouth shut.

maybe they have fertility problem but dont open say I did it thru ivf or my child is fr ivf....yeah but I know what u mean.... just hate to hear these stuff.

my mum go n kaypo and tell pple I hv ivf cos they are childless too and she is concerned that they can look for me for advice if they wan to know. I was so mad. do u have to tell my stuff to other people????!!! I dont tell pple hey im infertile and I did mine thru ivf. if u have any questions, u can check with me. wah lao sianz man... it was my mum. what can I do except to suck it up. hate it!!

I also don't get it some people keep showing you pics of their babies when we go out and they know we are ttcing. I mean super close friends ok... but those not so close ones or surface colleagues are pain in the ass.

Ouch, mrs_tann, your mom blur blur one went to spread haa.

Hi Lilitia, last time i too thought im still young, still got time but now totally is worry so nth is too early or young for ivf

darkrain, I'm so agreeing. Never could understand why all those aunties said don't play too long back then... settle down faster give birth. Now I so understand.

However, we shall not regret the past :)

Ya, that time should start gan chiong already instead we of 'still young'mindset. If start early, can fix early but if drag till like me, everyday is juz like a heartache

I think TCM is somehow about yuan. One doesn't work for someone may work for you and vice versa. I've seen two sinsehs before but stopped many months already. Will be seeing a new one at Chinatown in March. Tan Siew Buoy.

I love Xmas. And I like hariraya and deepavali more than cny :p

After ivf failed attempts, we are just taking things natural. But seeing TCM in March.
Redvel, sama sama I dun like CNY... Not sure about you, my case is dun like people keep on probing where are we going to have baby.!!!!! Lolx!

Sorry for not putting across well. I actually meant more abt the centre closure rather than abt the festive issue. But yes good to seize every opportunity.

I'm trying #2 yup... maybe will try ivf in May if I don't get by then.

Hey babe is okay.. No matter no.1 or no.2 we are jiayou.. Be fast and furious! Blink*

Sorry for not putting across well. I actually meant more abt the centre closure rather than abt the festive issue. But yes good to seize every opportunity.

I'm trying #2 yup... maybe will try ivf in May if I don't get by then.

Hey babe is okay.. No matter no.1 or no.2 we are jiayou.. Be fast and furious! Blink*

maybe they have fertility problem but dont open say I did it thru ivf or my child is fr ivf....yeah but I know what u mean.... just hate to hear these stuff.

my mum go n kaypo and tell pple I hv ivf cos they are childless too and she is concerned that they can look for me for advice if they wan to know. I was so mad. do u have to tell my stuff to other people????!!! I dont tell pple hey im infertile and I did mine thru ivf. if u have any questions, u can check with me. wah lao sianz man... it was my mum. what can I do except to suck it up. hate it!!

I hear you... *pat pat* I think the moment I announced the news on my IVF decision, the WHOLE company will know... Sianz leh....

Redvel, sama sama I dun like CNY... Not sure about you, my case is dun like people keep on probing where are we going to have baby.!!!!! Lolx!
A few closed relatives will ask out of concern about our ttc, which we are ok as we are kinda close. But I don't like cny because have to visit ppl I hardly know. Feel awkward doing things just because of custom.

Hi Chubby1314, thanks for information. Do you mind if I ask more questions? :) How long is an average morning session for follicles etc monitoring? Do you think can finish before 12 noon? If like that, can take leave only half day, can negotiate with boss.
You are right, must set your priorities and if the work is on the way to baby, then must decide which of these two are more important and urgent. For me, my current job is "unfortunately" very convenient - location-wise, and working hours. So I do not want to resign yet. Maybe later, if I cannot cope with babies after delivery.

I don't know what doctor I'm under and no idea about the protocol. I guess I will know it after the consultation? For now I only got referral from my gynae to IVF, then got a call from them and they scheduled consultation and blood test for Jan 20. No more information for now.

Hi mrs_tann, agree, must set your priorities. Unfortunately one of my in-laws have some serious health problem and it has cost us a lot expenses (and will continue maybe for a year or so), so cannot afford to resign, especially now. Will try to negotiate with my boss, normally he is quite understanding.

One more question, ladies, - does any of those who goes for IVF really consider twins? I've heard it's easy to get. Is it possible to plan them for sure or twins may happen by accident? I'm both willing to have twins and scared at the same time. It can cause more complications, and plus, I'm quite a small size, not sure if I can deliver two equally well-developed babies... Worried, but I also think it would be great to have twins... Confused. What do you think?

Lititia, yes half day will be sufficient... Having to resign is always the Bo bian kinda of decision. Even one resign from job also won't guarantee that one's IVF is a success. Treasure your job if it mets your every criteria in the wish list including a supportive boss. :)

Just take note that a short protocol takes a month while a long protocol, 2 months.

As for twins.. I'm more than happy haha. But now hope to have at least one lah.. To let me give my tender loving care to them and also stop people from asking for the time being. Next round people will ask when you are going to have #2.. Aiya always endless of questions! I just let the one above to decide how many I'm going to have.

Don think so much okay... Take baby steps first.

A few closed relatives will ask out of concern about our ttc, which we are ok as we are kinda close. But I don't like cny because have to visit ppl I hardly know. Feel awkward doing things just because of custom.

Sis, just treat it as 一次生两次熟咯。:)

I think TCM is somehow about yuan. One doesn't work for someone may work for you and vice versa. I've seen two sinsehs before but stopped many months already. Will be seeing a new one at Chinatown in March. Tan Siew Buoy.

My friends also told me about Tan Siew Buoy. Two of them successfully conceived. Since she's famous, I may also try. Is three a Chinese Sinseh in Marine Parade as well called Ban something?

My friends also told me about Tan Siew Buoy. Two of them successfully conceived. Since she's famous, I may also try. Is three a Chinese Sinseh in Marine Parade as well called Ban something?
Yes Ban Choon Chong I think. Also very famous but queue long long.

I'm a silent reader here for months. Been reading and trying to learn more from you gals.

I also go to Tan Siew Buoy at upper cross street. @darkrain75 Tan Siew Buoy from tong ji previously and now set up her own clinic at upper cross street. @miss tenacity it's ban choon chan but BCC dun allow you to make appointment, it's all by walk in. Although TSB also by appointment, you can wait as long as BCC so I guess depends on which you are comfy with. And now TSB has sat appointments too.

I think for tcm, like what @redvel said before, it's also about the chemistry between you and the tcm.

When I made the phone appointment, the lady at the other end @ TSB shared that although my appt time is 630pm, we may still have to wait. So I’m expecting that and plan to go dinner with hubby nearby.

Grace, are you still seeing TSB and what’s your review on her?

@redvel Yes when is your appointment day? Mon, Wed or Fri? Yes usually I also reach by 6.30pm to put my number. Then I will gauge and see how many patients before me. If there's a lot, I will go to Chinatown point to eat. If about max 5 before me, I will eat at the soya sauce chicken noodle shop nearby if they open or just wait till I'm done to eat. Usually, in this case, it will be around 8pm when I leave the place.

Yup I'm still seeing her. I've seen her since June 2014. She is the first and only tcm that I saw. In July 2013, I saw TSB once. The next month, I striked. But sad to say, I had complications due to my fibroids and cysts and lost it. After my operation, I took a long rest and only saw her in June 2014. Since June 2014, I couldn't even determine my ovulation at all. Throughout the months, I went from no ovulation to ovulation and then, fixed ovulation monthly. So I would say that it's an improvement for at least 6 months.

So my review on TSB is, she is a person who is very encouraging. Each time I see her, I will ask her if she thinks I have chance to conceive. She will always tell me, yes your chance is coming soon. But I must say that she is a very direct person. By saying this, it means that if she feels that you might not have high chance, she will ask you to consider IVF and then work with her even after you have IVF so both will come hand in hand. But if she feels you can conceive naturally without IVF or IUI, she will say must work hard ok. I give you med, you eat. I tell you to BD then you BD. That day I just saw her, she even told me must jiayou work hard ok? I believe can de.

I know some ppl have bad experiences with her like her 'telling them off' or not saying a single thing. Probably this is where chemistry with her also helps bah. Mainly, I think if you have questions, just ask her, don't be afraid since you already paying $$ for her consultation.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing about your ttc journey, Grace. And I will check out the chicken noodle haha. I’m seeing her on 25Mar Wed. So far how often do you see her? My friend said once a month and she had visited twice so far.

Serious note, I’m sure you’re in good hands with TSB.

Sorry about your 2013 encounter. I myself had bfp from my first sinseh but MC at 13 weeks. That was just less than 3 years ago.

TSB will be my 3rd sinseh. So far those sinsehs say my body is fine and hubby’s soldiers are no big problem. But I still believe it’s my age that’s causing bad egg quality. Did try IVF but failed.

Yup, to me if I don’t feel good vibe after one visit or even during the consultation I don’t feel right I will stop right there. She is famous but I am a paying customer :)

I wish you the best.

@redvel Sometimes the chicken noodle beside never open :( Oohh, now her new appointments already in March? When I saw her in Dec, I heard her appointments already stretched to Feb liao. You just made the appointment right?

I know a lot of ppl see her once a month. For me, I see her twice a month. When I first started with her, she said she want to follow up cos of my miscarriage so since then, I have been seeing her twice a month. At least it's good for closer followup with med also. If you are keen on that, you can try asking her also. That way, you can have closer slots between appointments too.

I also hope TSB will really see me to a successful preg cos biological clock is ticking furiously daily heheh. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage also :( Hopefully you will succeed with TSB. In recent years, I have been seeing more and more preggie women coming back to TSB so hopefully we will be one of them soon :)

Maybe take it as seeing TCM to tiao your body cos tiao-ing our body takes longer time than angmoh med but not so harmful. It's also good for long-term. Perhaps after you tiao and try natural or IVF, you might be able to succeed.

Indeed. Usually for first visit since you are new to her, she might ask you general questions. But you can tell her your full story like ur mc, show her test results etc and even your ivf results. She knows how to read them. She will help you to diagnose you and your hb then see how it is. Yeah if no chemistry then no point also.

Oh if no chicken noodle then what else is goody to eat nearby?

I called to book about a week ago. Maybe also CNY season she might not be around so the appointments are pushed further.

Yes read that she knows how to read IVF/health reports so I shall bring them along.

And I heard not much privacy during the consultation.

Haiz, if chicken noodle not open, then got to cross the road to go hong lim or Chinatown point bah. So if the queue is not that long, I rather wait there until I'm done. But I ever had an incident where the queue stretched to almost 4 hours long cos that day, there were about 5 new couples so it took quite long eventually.

Yup you could be right about the CNY season. Hopefully your session with her will go well. Yeah her door is usually left open and what she say to you, others outside can hear too. I already immune to this so I just walk out and heck care about other customers cos I don't know them also. I think if you can look beyond this, it should be better. End of day, everyone is going to her to be treated for fertility so you have probs, they also will have so who cares? That is my mentality.

Wow 4hrs. Could have gone to watch 2 movies.

Beginning when I heard TSB has not much privacy, I was uncomfy. My first 2 sinsehs have total privacy. But after that when I thought of booking her, who cares what my story is. Not as if I am fann Wong (she went to TSB right?).

So no issue for me.

Hahah!! I went home, showered, had dinner, come back and still waited almost 2 hours. Zzzzzzzzzzz lay egg also can lay already LOL!!

Yes you are right. Everyone have their own story so who cares? I dunno if fann really did go to TSB and conceived but I tot she did IVF. Not sure if true. But I do know that Liu Ling Ling, Mark Lee's wife and Yvonne Lim all went to TSB and conceived but whether cos of TSB directly, I'm not sure.

Dear Ladies, I decided to drop a note in this group as I am hitting 35 yrs old this year. I saw one or two familiar names in this forum.

I have also made my first appointment with TSB in Feb. I made the appointment back in Nov and the earliest appointment I can get was Feb this year. I have gone to Mr Chan in Marine Parade last year but there was a long long waiting queue. We finally ran out of patience. I hope TSB I don't need to wait too long for TSB.

We have been trying for last two years and ended up with chemical pregnancy in 2013 and M/C last year, April and did polyp removal in July. I am trying to build up a strong body and we have started trying again in Sept but still no news with disappointment each month.

I heard from my friend who just got pregnant with first child recently that she has been taking blackmore conceive well - prenatal vitamins. Any ladies is also taking this pill? I ever asked my gynea before if I need to take any vitamins but they don't seem to encourage on taking these vitamins and said only if I have given birth once, then these vitamins will be useful.

Jia you all to all ladies out there.

Dear Ladies, I decided to drop a note in this group as I am hitting 35 yrs old this year. I saw one or two familiar names in this forum.

I have also made my first appointment with TSB in Feb. I made the appointment back in Nov and the earliest appointment I can get was Feb this year. I have gone to Mr Chan in Marine Parade last year but there was a long long waiting queue. We finally ran out of patience. I hope TSB I don't need to wait too long for TSB.

We have been trying for last two years and ended up with chemical pregnancy in 2013 and M/C last year, April and did polyp removal in July. I am trying to build up a strong body and we have started trying again in Sept but still no news with disappointment each month.

I heard from my friend who just got pregnant with first child recently that she has been taking blackmore conceive well - prenatal vitamins. Any ladies is also taking this pill? I ever asked my gynea before if I need to take any vitamins but they don't seem to encourage on taking these vitamins and said only if I have given birth once, then these vitamins will be useful.

Jia you all to all ladies out there.
I took blackmore for a year also no news. Supplements are not miracle meds. It's good for your body but frankly, if ur eating nutritious food, u can do without it. Folic acid is a must though.

Hi Chloe_ng,

Thanks for sharing. I am taking Folic Acid for past 1 year but dun think I am eating nutritious food. Lol! Have been eating outside food and no time to cook at home. Not sure how to eat nutritious food - only take salads once every week and eat homecook food at home twice a week.

Did you took Blackmore together with Folic acid? Yah, understand that such vitamins are not miracle. Just hope that it can provide more nutrients for my body.

Hi Chloe_ng,

Thanks for sharing. I am taking Folic Acid for past 1 year but dun think I am eating nutritious food. Lol! Have been eating outside food and no time to cook at home. Not sure how to eat nutritious food - only take salads once every week and eat homecook food at home twice a week.

Did you took Blackmore together with Folic acid? Yah, understand that such vitamins are not miracle. Just hope that it can provide more nutrients for my body.
Me also taking that. With that, it includes folic acid. Quality and quantity are there but not sure how much my body can absorb...

I'm taking typical herbal soups (no rice) for a start.. Just hope that while they helps to nourish my body, it helps me to lost some weight. Lolz.

Hi Chloe_ng,

Blackmore already have folic acid

Hi CSK. it's great being 35. I remember I enjoyed my 35 so much so that I forgot I should settle down quickly and ttc. Hee. I married at 39.

I can't stand BCC queuing system. This era how can don't have queue number. Never thought of visiting him. Ok la...maybe I'm just being anal.

I took Blackmore CW before. My first bfp I was on it (took for less than a month and bfp. But I also saw TCM for the first time then so only God knows which helped). It also helped me to extend my luteal phase, because of the presence of vit B6. My LP used to be only 11days max. Now, 13-14days. If you've never tried and keen, no harm. It's all things good inside (including folic). Whether it will help you to conceive or not, only time can tell.

actually tsb intially i also find her not very friendly.. I rem one time I also have a bad experience with her... same like doc sf loh (if u know), some say he is not tactful.

aiya dun care lah... maybe they are in bad mood that day... after that when I see tsb at chinatown she is much more cheerful and friendlier... I guess maybe she is overworked at the free clinic there black faced and give u curt reply when u ask stuff. but she can joke and chia chat a bit at chinatown clinic.

I have been w tsb since aug 2012. I do read that some sisters have bad experience w tsb but for my case she is always vy nice to me from start. She dun even pressure me to take bbt since I gg for ivf (bt I do know some ivf sisters she still request them to continue record bbt ).she said dun want me b stress over it. When I pregnant w twin n lost one at wk 7 last year, she was vy concerned over watsapp w me n ask me how m I n to only continue her medication after I stop bleeding when discharge fm hospital. Then every visit She kp asking me dun work too hard then start chatting to me abt fann pregnancy n bb progress.
I visited her in dec after my bb full mth, she was so happy n took pic w my bb.
I tik she is OK de, just follow wat she said n dun argue w her abt wat u read from forum. U see her u need to place ur trust in her. I tik not only tsb, applies to Any dr /tcm u see that they want u to trust them.

like she will ba mai and see the tongue.. so I ask like my tongue and mai.. what does it say.... (just wanna know mah) and she asked me dont ask just eat her medicine and come back again. lol... quite offended then...

Haha I think I will keep asking her. "Why can't you tell me huh?" . Sorry I can't take no for an answer sometimes. :p

My feedback on tab : she is a bit hao lian type as 1st impression or 1st visit. But as u visit her more,she will warm up to you.
But if u ask her silly questions,she will not be very willing to reply u.
So just take her medicine if u choose to believe that she can help you.

I think it's ok to be haolian (haha maybe she thinks she is now famous) but I guess being rude or not, different patients take it differently.

I've restarted to taking bbt. Thought maybe can show her for 2 cycles at my first visit.

@redvel good to hear that you are taking bbt. I have been taking bbt for quite sometime already like about 1 yr+. Now it becomes a habit to me so even eventually if I stop tcm med, I will still take bbt to tell which part of my cycle am I in. I think after a while, it is able to tell you a lot about your body than you thought it would.

Thanks grace. I started bbt in mid 2012. So addictive it lasted me a year until my 2nd sinseh stopped me. He says your charts look the same every month then why you temp still? Haha. He doesn't advocate bbt as he says it can be stressful.

Ya I can derive quite few things from my bbt. I find it especially good to knowing when to stop bd as my man is not superman.

I have been taking body temp every morning too, and the last few days it has remain the same, a little tempted to test whether it's positive, but at the same time a little reluctant too, afraid it turns out to be false alarm....

Hi graceakaclouds, erm....my bbt remains the same for the last 4 or 5 days, not too sure if i'm past ovulation. I noe if your bbt remains 36.7 or 36.8, chances of striking is high, but mine remains at 36.2 the past 4 days, that's y I've doubts

@darkrain75 from what I know about bbt all this while that I'm taking, I know you have to see the overall view of your bbt and not just seeing the temp as it is. Perhaps if you have a pic of your bbt chart, it might be easier to see from there. Cos if you have ovulated, you can see from your next 3 days temp and if each of them has increased about 0.4deg each time and constantly going higher and higher, then probably you would have ovulated.

Back