any 35 and above trying for their first?

His SA test is fine as well...so basically we both have no issues..so dunno wat went wrong

My Gynae did explain about the IUI procedure to me before and my hubby is aso aware..just he can't really accept this 'advanced' method

Sometimes some couples who have no issues do take sometime to conceive too so if your hb is not receptive towards IUI, then just jiayou and bd more. Who knows, you might just strike? :)

CSK, share about your first date with TSB?

And I'm quite surprised your gynae didn't ask your man to do SA.

Hihi, juz a quick qns. Lately, the last 2-3 days to be specific, i had light spotting and tires easily on off....tried googling it, seems majority of it shows it might be implantation bleeding, advise should test whether is positive or neg, my sis in law more excited than me about the result, but I'm not that keen to take the test...am I too paranoid?

I guess you could be scared to see the result after seeing negatives previously. It's normal de. I guess for now, just don't get too hyped in case it really turns out to be otherwise then you'll be even more sad. Perhaps test when you are past your 2ww like around 3-5 days past your expected AF due date.

Hi graceakaclouds
I was on 50 mg. I felt cm reduced significantly so was wondering how it can help me. Became harder to track o because cm very little and quite dry.

I see. I read about the side effects of clomid too. It seems that you can use preseed to aid for cervical mucus and also, just bd on the 7th day onwards instead of waiting to see your cm to increase your chances.

Hello darkrain, like what grace shares, good to wait till you missed your af.. I mean we all been through that and sometimes better to "wait till due time". I did get spotting like 8/9 dpo before but was just a bfn cycle. I mean any thing can happen from here...just try not to read too much into Internet.

Ya, juz test & turns out is neg...didnt reali expect much though still hope mayb this time will be a surprise...oh wells...am thinking if shd visit gynae juz to have a check to be sure, but starting to get sick & tired of it....

Ya, juz test & turns out is neg...didnt reali expect much though still hope mayb this time will be a surprise...oh wells...am thinking if shd visit gynae juz to have a check to be sure, but starting to get sick & tired of it....
Dark rain: good to go to gyane for tests cos u really dunno if something is wrong without testing if u have been trying for a while. I regret not going earlier so I would advice U to to go asap..

Ya, but a little worried what the results will tell u. Is a little strange the spotting is so consistent...haiz...gd things never come, bad things juz keep coming

Hi ladies,

I just had my 1st appt with TSB yesterday. She didn't mention anything about my condition. Just said to take her medicine and must follow her through.

And she said if pregnant, no need to see gynea, go see her directly.... anyone has such experience? I always thought must go see gynea first.

Hi ladies,

I just had my 1st appt with TSB yesterday. She didn't mention anything about my condition. Just said to take her medicine and must follow her through.

And she said if pregnant, no need to see gynea, go see her directly.... anyone has such experience? I always thought must go see gynea first.

yupz..she also say the same thing...
she wun explain much about your condition.. she will asks you a list of question, u answer them. then she check your pulse and tongue. give you a chart to plot for bbt, prescribe herbs for you and ask you to see her again next month...

if pregnant, must call and book appt immediately so that she can review.

yupz..she also say the same thing...
she wun explain much about your condition.. she will asks you a list of question, u answer them. then she check your pulse and tongue. give you a chart to plot for bbt, prescribe herbs for you and ask you to see her again next month...

if pregnant, must call and book appt immediately so that she can review.

Thanks! I guess I just follow her instruction. :)

Hi laies, need advice. As I will be doing my first ivf in 20 March, do you think I should cancel my Bangkok trip fixed on 11-18 June. Will the after procedure suitable for travel.

Hi ladies,

@Chew Sok Koon Yes it's usual procedure for TSB to say that. Previously when I had my mc, she asked me why I didn't go back to her immediately but instead go to gynae. Problem is, if the pregnancy is not stable, it would be faster for the gynae to scan and check since tcm can't do that except take pulse. So I would say it's all on your own discretion. It's really up to you de. No hard and fast rule for sure.

@Chew Sok Koon Yes it's usual procedure for TSB to say that. Previously when I had my mc, she asked me why I didn't go back to her immediately but instead go to gynae. Problem is, if the pregnancy is not stable, it would be faster for the gynae to scan and check since tcm can't do that except take pulse. So I would say it's all on your own discretion. It's really up to you de. No hard and fast rule for sure.

Yah, that will be my reaction too. To go to the gynea. She said by the time I go to gynea, it will be too late. I also not sure. Maybe I just follow her and see what happens. The rest just leave it to fate.

Yah, that will be my reaction too. To go to the gynea. She said by the time I go to gynea, it will be too late. I also not sure. Maybe I just follow her and see what happens. The rest just leave it to fate.
My personal opinion is I won't take tcm after I get preg cuz there is no proven that it doesn't harm foetus... I rather be safe

maybe can go both? but then again is more unsafe to eat chinese and western medicine at the same time

maybe can go both? but then again is more unsafe to eat chinese and western medicine at the same time

Yah, I remember my last m/c... I went to gynea first... he gave me the standard duphaston... I went to Mr Chan that time and he said if i take western, he can't give me any medicine.

Only this year, I decided to changed to TSB, I guess the same principle applies. Either I go with Chinese all the way or western all the way.

Last edited:
Hey babe, IUI is actually quite natural I feel. Sperm still has to swim to find the egg- only diff is the distance is halved for them to swim. I did iui before and failed but u should try if your gyane adviced U to.

I am thinking to try for this 1st qtr first and then bring up this matter to him again... hope he change his mind

Juz saw my gynae, he ask me directly if wanna go for ivf....am wondering if I go for ivf counselling, but change my mind about doing it...is that ok?

Juz saw my gynae, he ask me directly if wanna go for ivf....am wondering if I go for ivf counselling, but change my mind about doing it...is that ok?
I think u can. Just tt ivf counselling in centres such as kkh need to pay. Cost a few hundred dollar so if not going,this money is non refundable

Did he say why he suggest ivf? Usually they don't do that unless u have infertility issues like blocked tubes, mfi, or unable to ovulate on ur own. Personally I feel u shud give iui a shot (if u haven't ) before considering ivf. Most pple who do the counselling do it just out of formality but they already made up their minds to do ivf.

I did iui previously, but failed that's y he suggest ivf. But frenz said iui rarely will succeed 1st time, that's y am wo dering shd try iui again or not

Ic, forgot to ask if pte de need to pay or not, but did ask the price about 12k to 16k for whole procedure
Private clinic n not govt hospital is free for councelling so far for those that i enquired.

I will also suggest u give iui another try. Ivf is more emotional roller coaster n got injection to e body n need a minor procedure to remove e eggs. Best to avoid if u can dun do it

Actually iui needs to do injection too, a family fren did 4 times iui b4 succeed, so thought give another try
That's why i ask what are ur fertility issues if u don't mind sharing. If is unexplained fertility, can try iui abt 3-4 times. If is any of those reasons I listed, then ivf have better chances. Also depends on ur age as ivf chances decrease above age 35.

I would go for ivf and freeze all my embryo at a younger age so next time can have second child if possible. IUI success not as good as ivf.

I feel iui kinda like waste of time and money especially if age is not on your side.
Though I did iui once only, I doubt I can succeed with multiple tries also.

Ivf is 40 percent if u are less than 35. After 35 sucess will drop. Reach late 30s become 20percent. 40 yrs old become 10 percent. So if u drag longer your egg quality will deteriote as U age

Yes ivf also no guarantee so must be mentally prepared too but u never try U never know.

I think most of us always "fear" medical intervention. To be honest, after going through it (and failed), there's really nothing scary about it. If fails, look at me, I am still happy and alive. Of course emotion wreakage at its work but I'm pretty sure we can get out of it. Life goes on. And as the saying goes : never try, never know. But of course, if ivf is not against one's belief/faith/religion.

Surely do what's most comfortable for you. I feel most important is your other half's support, in whichever route you both decide to take.

That being said, time is essence in ivf.

Hello, i am newbie to this group.
This year turning to 40 years old.
I am trying my first time IVF, started Norethisterone.
My gynae told me not to waste time on IUI, since my age is reaching 40 years old soon,
which both my hubby and i totally agreed with him, hence we have decided to go for IVF.

I read a lot about TCM, not sure should i go for TCM if i am already started the IVF process?

Hello, i am newbie to this group.
This year turning to 40 years old.
I am trying my first time IVF, started Norethisterone.
My gynae told me not to waste time on IUI, since my age is reaching 40 years old soon,
which both my hubby and i totally agreed with him, hence we have decided to go for IVF.

I read a lot about TCM, not sure should i go for TCM if i am already started the IVF process?
Tcm meaning meds or acupuncture? I wouldn't recommend starting tcm herbs at this stage but acupuncture would be ok to try.

Hi makie,
Where is your ivf? Many people complement ivf with acupuncture. But my Sgh dr doesn't recommend. So I just did my 1st ivf but no additional Tcm. Now waiting for bt in 8 days time.

Hi makie,
Where is your ivf? Many people complement ivf with acupuncture. But my Sgh dr doesn't recommend. So I just did my 1st ivf but no additional Tcm. Now waiting for bt in 8 days time.
Hello kitty16,
i am with Prof Wong at NUH. Its my first time trying IVF.
All the best to your BT, stay healthy and positive :)

I m a newbie, just hit 35 this year & ttc for recent 1+yr. I've done iui 5x wo any success (well now waiting for the results of 5th iui which i din feel hopeful). Also did a hsg test n my fallopian tube is fine....now am really tired n wondering to move to next step of ivf. Btw i just starting tcm this jan 2015 N had a iui after starting brewing tcm. am abit fearful whats next?? Anyone has experience to share on ivf?? My iui were on clomid wo injection but i know for ivf..need to self inject..am trying anything possible to conceive n hopefully i dont hv to move to ivf

I m a newbie, just hit 35 this year & ttc for recent 1+yr. I've done iui 5x wo any success (well now waiting for the results of 5th iui which i din feel hopeful). Also did a hsg test n my fallopian tube is fine....now am really tired n wondering to move to next step of ivf. Btw i just starting tcm this jan 2015 N had a iui after starting brewing tcm. am abit fearful whats next?? Anyone has experience to share on ivf?? My iui were on clomid wo injection but i know for ivf..need to self inject..am trying anything possible to conceive n hopefully i dont hv to move to ivf

Hi look4hope, you may wish to have a look at the ivf/icis support group in Matters of the Heart to find out more about ivf. many sisters sharing experiences there.

Back