(2013) Anyone here has encountered a childcare centre asking you to withdraw your kid from the schoo

graphito

I have encountered this above-mentioned issue at this point of time & am very angry with the school in regards to this issue. I have asked many other parents, colleagues & friends, and many have feedbacked to me that the school has no right to "dismiss" a child or ask the parents to withdraw the child based on the above reasons. From the info I was given, if teachers in that school received well-training, they should be able to handle such kids in school.

To explain myself further, here's the "story"..

My younger son, Jonathan, has been attending LITTLE WORLD CHILD CARE (A MEMBER OF NEW ERA EDUCARE GROUP) in @ Blk 113 Rivervale Walk, Sengkang since 1 over year ago.

I've never really liked the teachers there much as I personally feel they do not take the time & effort to communicate much with parents, unlike the previous school my son attended which I really like the teachers there very much because they were very dedicated, very patient, very communicative & supportive.

Like I said, my son has been attending LITTLE WORLD childcare since 1 over year ago & everything seems fine until recently, the principal of the school contacted me & wanted to see me.

She & (the form teacher of my son's kindergarten class - who's a Chinese teacher) mentioned to me that they felt my son's different from the rest of his schoolmates.

They said that he has short attention span & while the teacher is teaching the class & making them do their classwork, my son gets bored easily & refuses to follow her instructions. He would do a little of the work, then he will leave the group to venture to other groups to "disturb" the kids in other classes.

He also has a tendency of "disturbing" other kids in other class groups so much so that their parents would complain that their kids were "bullied" by him.

These were the reasons that the principal gave me to withdraw my boy from the school.

She said that the parents mentioned that if I do not withdraw my boy from the school, they will withdraw theirs.

The above reasons were what she had given, to withdraw my boy from the school.

How true, I do not know, as I was not given any chance to speak to any of the parents she had mentioned. And she was not able to quote any of the children's names or parent's names.

After which, both the principal & form teacher advised me to bring my son to see a doc to "check up" on his behaviour.

Knowing my son as an active boy who's very normal with me & my family at home, I decided to bring him to see a child doctor at my nearby Sengkang Polyclinic to assure them.

I made an appointment & just brought him to see the doc today & according to the nurses & doc, he's perfectly normal.

I mentioned that I'm just afraid that since he's so active & has short attention span, he may have ADHD or something.

They told me if he has that, he will not be even be able to keep still or sit still all the time.

The only conclusion they came up with is that he could be just bored in school, with the school & the teachers who could be asking them to do the same things in school everyday.

And just to assure myself & the school, I have asked for a referral letter from the clinic to bring him to KKH for a follow up.

And also to prob. get the doctor to give me a written letter/report as a proof that my son is perfectly normal.

To be honest, I feel so indignant about this issue that after I have gotten all the reports from the docs to prove my son is normal, I'll want to write a complaint letter against the school for doing this to my son & me and causing us so much inconvenience!

What do you parents feel after hearing my woes?

I hv nv encounter this...but think u can send a complaint if u hv prove that ur kids is perfectly normal.

Juz a thot, could he be a genius tat why he find what the school teaching is boring?

Hi Diana, thanks for the reply. Yeah! That's what quite a number of my friends & relatives did mentioned that it is a very possible reason..

Hmm.. I'll have to wait to see what KKH Child Psychatrist doc has to say 1st..

If it is true, then it is another blessing in disguise for me too..

Hi Graphito, may i know how is your case? I intend to send my son to this school for the childcare services but came across your post. Please provide some input about the school.

Back