Good places to bring babies

Doling

Hi mummies i jus gave birth 2mths ago! Happy. Now i wanna ask 4 experienced mummies on where r some nice n fun places tt i can bring my baby to soon? Cos stil so young. Or any places in general that r suitable for families.
Thanks! :D

Hi Doling, I also just gave birth recently abt 1.5 months ago and wondering the exact same thing! Where are the good places that are baby friendly? Appreciate advise from all the experienced mummies out there!

Hi ladies, I'm in the same boat as you, but just to keep my sanity in check have been going out for lunch dates and to the shopping malls with hubby and friends (today we took little one up to Ku De Ta, which was rather fun!). At this stage, they are too little to be entertained and I feel like doing something that is relaxing for me,rather than staying at home). Just making sure that there is a nursing room so we can feed and change those dirty diapers when needed.

Also recommend breastfeeding cafe at Mother & Child in Tanglin Mall, every Monday's between 2-4pm (if you are breastfeeding and want to meet other mums and their babies).

Last edited:
Oooo thks dear. Din know there's such a cafe! Would go soon. Too bad im staying at the north so v far fr central areas.
Yes must keep our sanity in check lol!! I hav a list of places that states which SC is bb frenly. Wil find soft copy n share wif u guys! :)

So great to pop by this thread to know about new places to go! Cousin just gave birth and been asking me where to go with her baby and my little one.

I only go to Flower Dome and friends' places when my little one was still a newborn. hee..

Try to go for some baby classes. www.kindyroo.com.au www.facebook.com/kindyroosingapore
All the best

How's the classes like? Have you been there?
Will they be allow mix of age? Coz my girl is 31 months and my cousin's girl is a NB, i think she's only 5 months old.
Is it similar to Gymboree? I've been to the trial class there. Not bad, just find that it's a little far for my liking.. :(

My girl is currently with The Tots Classroom at Bedok & Kindermusik at Katong V.. The cousin's girl is too young for the courses there at The Tots classroom. That's why she can't join my girl for program. If not, I will strongly recommend to just follow me there..

All sounds far to me. :( are these programmes by sessions or issit like infant care? Wat r e charges like?

How's the classes like? Have you been there?
Will they be allow mix of age? Coz my girl is 31 months and my cousin's girl is a NB, i think she's only 5 months old.
Is it similar to Gymboree? I've been to the trial class there. Not bad, just find that it's a little far for my liking.. :(

My girl is currently with The Tots Classroom at Bedok & Kindermusik at Katong V.. The cousin's girl is too young for the courses there at The Tots classroom. That's why she can't join my girl for program. If not, I will strongly recommend to just follow me there..

Have u been to a kindyroo class? I also wanna find out more... how is it compared to gymboree?

@bebesha no.. i've not been to a kindyroo class... it's at alexandra man.. seems far for me to go on my own.
i only know about it after you posted.. hahaha..
how did you come across this place?

@Doling hahaha. both Gymboree and The Tots Classroom are considered enrichment, not exactly infant care. For Gymboree, they accept younger ones, like newborn. Likewise for Kindermusik.. once a week. But for The tots classroom, they need the child to be able to walk stably first, if I'm not wrong.
All got free class, go for a trial!

Oooh for nb too tts great! My bb is only 12 weeks old haha but im starting to think abt planning for activities for her. Heee.. ok i will google for them! Charges are reasonable?

@bebesha no.. i've not been to a kindyroo class... it's at alexandra man.. seems far for me to go on my own.
i only know about it after you posted.. hahaha..
how did you come across this place?

I work around that place and that's how I know they have classes for babies 6 weeks to 6 years old.

Okok! Should be ex man this kinda enrichment classes. K wil go find out abt e trial classss. Hope they allow parents to go in too.

Okok! Should be ex man this kinda enrichment classes. K wil go find out abt e trial classss. Hope they allow parents to go in too.

let us know your reviews after the trial classes!
wow, 12 weeks old?? hahaha. i actually only start activities when my little one was around 19 months. hahahahah.

Haha like too kiasu already. Actually is cos im clueless of wad gd activities i can do with my LO HAHA

Haha like too kiasu already. Actually is cos im clueless of wad gd activities i can do with my LO HAHA

hahaha. i actually just brought my LO around, mostly less crowded places and kept talking to her.. lotsa nursery rhymes too.. dont need to spend too much money for the start. hahah. save the money to pamper yourself first.. :p

hahaha. i actually just brought my LO around, mostly less crowded places and kept talking to her.. lotsa nursery rhymes too.. dont need to spend too much money for the start. hahah. save the money to pamper yourself first.. :p

Totally agree with you! Not condoning anyone's parenting techniques because different things work for different people, but let kids be kids! Let them run around, enjoy the fresh air and get a little dirty! Look at our generation and before! We turned out alright, without these enrichment classes :p They need to have a childhood, there is plenty of time before they need to be put into a schooling environment :)

Totally agree with you! Not condoning anyone's parenting techniques because different things work for different people, but let kids be kids! Let them run around, enjoy the fresh air and get a little dirty! Look at our generation and before! We turned out alright, without these enrichment classes :p They need to have a childhood, there is plenty of time before they need to be put into a schooling environment :)

hahaha. yeah, i remember those days where all kids will gather downstairs before dinner to play at the playground. but now, all the playgrounds are so quiet, only filled with kids from other countries. :(

are u into australian way of learning? hee..

hahaha. yeah, i remember those days where all kids will gather downstairs before dinner to play at the playground. but now, all the playgrounds are so quiet, only filled with kids from other countries. :(

are u into australian way of learning? hee..

I'm an Australian expat working here in Singapore :) it is a little more layed back and relaxed where I come from, education isn't as competitive as it is here in Asia (but growing). Playing outside has reduced significantly over the years, regardless of where we are in the world, as kids get busy with their noses behind technology and after school activities (such as tuition) sadly...it's a combination of pressures from our society and negligence from parents encouraging kids to play outside and enjoy being kids...I guess we forget that we were little once!?

Last edited:
I'm an Australian expat working here in Singapore :) it is a little more layed back and relaxed where I come from, education isn't as competitive as it is here in Asia (but growing). Although playing outside has reduced significantly over the years as kids get busy with technology and after school activities (such as tuition) sadly...it's a combination of pressures from our society and negligence from parents encouraging kids to play outside and enjoy being kids I suppose...I guess we forget that we were little once!?

Hi Aussiekiwi

Have u heard of KindyROO? It's an Australian program. Can u share if this program is worth going? I walked pass the centre all the time & is so tempting to bring my son there as it looks very colourful & inviting.

Hi Aussiekiwi

Have u heard of KindyROO? It's an Australian program. Can u share if this program is worth going? I walked pass the centre all the time & is so tempting to bring my son there as it looks very colourful & inviting.

Heard of it, but haven't considered it for LO. I'm sure it is worthwhile if you want to ensure child reaches milestones at the right time :)

I'm an Australian expat working here in Singapore :) it is a little more layed back and relaxed where I come from, education isn't as competitive as it is here in Asia (but growing). Playing outside has reduced significantly over the years, regardless of where we are in the world, as kids get busy with their noses behind technology and after school activities (such as tuition) sadly...it's a combination of pressures from our society and negligence from parents encouraging kids to play outside and enjoy being kids...I guess we forget that we were little once!?

Oooh! Good to know you here! I used to study in Australia too! Quite a while agoo.. haha.
I totally agree with you that kids nowadays are stuck behind the screens. And that's too scary to see actually.
I like how the australian education system works. Are you the same? Do you put your LO to local schools or international preschool? :)

Oooh! Good to know you here! I used to study in Australia too! Quite a while agoo.. haha.
I totally agree with you that kids nowadays are stuck behind the screens. And that's too scary to see actually.
I like how the australian education system works. Are you the same? Do you put your LO to local schools or international preschool? :)

I think we might most likely move back to Australia in time for LO to start pre-school and continue his education there. Have been living in Australia/NZ for over 20 years and the education system there is a little on the easier side. Although kids here must get the best education through all the competition!

I think we might most likely move back to Australia in time for LO to start pre-school and continue his education there. Have been living in Australia/NZ for over 20 years and the education system there is a little on the easier side. Although kids here must get the best education through all the competition!

Hahaha. I totally support your way of doing the pre-school and continue the education there in Australia for your boy. I would love to do the same, but family is all here. :(
I like that easier side more than the competition way over here. It seems hard to stay afloat and good moral for kids as they grow in such a system here.

Hahaha. I totally support your way of doing the pre-school and continue the education there in Australia for your boy. I would love to do the same, but family is all here. :(
I like that easier side more than the competition way over here. It seems hard to stay afloat and good moral for kids as they grow in such a system here.

Yes, growing up around family is important! Both my husband and I have all our family back in Australia, and we miss them. But the experience we have had so far in SGP has been amazing and we are so grateful for that. Going back for Christmas and the new year break, so we are all excited.

Anyway, I think it's a matter of personal preference how you want to bring up kids regarding these early development activities :) there is no right or wrong, I suppose. The least we ought to do is interact with them from the start so that they are aware of their senses and surroundings and allow for them to interact with us and others as much as possible.

Yes, growing up around family is important! Both my husband and I have all our family back in Australia, and we miss them. But the experience we have had so far in SGP has been amazing and we are so grateful for that. Going back for Christmas and the new year break, so we are all excited.

Anyway, I think it's a matter of personal preference how you want to bring up kids regarding these early development activities :) there is no right or wrong, I suppose. The least we ought to do is interact with them from the start so that they are aware of their senses and surroundings and allow for them to interact with us and others as much as possible.

Yeah, totally agree with you!

Enjoy your holidays!! :D :D

Halo mommies! I think I'm quite the laid back type. My girl is almost 33 mths old but i haven't send her to any class yet. She will play with her 7 yr old sister so I'm not that worried about not learning anything. I hate to go to parent- accompanied classes...lol...

hahaha. good that your girl has a elder one, @betc . i think those with older siblings or close cousins seems to learn faster. is yours the same? hehehe!
i enjoy those parent-accompanied classes though. can see the other side of my little one, and see how other parents do.. :p

Ya compare to her older sister, she learn things faster. I only intend to send her to nursery at 4 yrs old.

Back