Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

hmm.. i didn't monitor my progesterone level, just make sure i take my progesterone jabs/medication until week 10 as instructed by my dr

Oh really? I never know that.. My is icsi and I wonder whether is bb girl or boy :) , but most importantly, is a healthy bb

i find that when i get pregnant again next time, i would not want to discuss too much abt mid wives tales (even for the fun of it)..

Hi, I just got my positive result from fet this Wednesday. May I know any mommies here with doubling hcg but dropping progesterone level and still manage to have healthy pregnancy? Im currently on max progesterone support. 2x insert,4x progynova, 3x ultrogestan and alt day progesterone jab. Currently hcg is at 1222 but progesterone level only 80. I was asked to redo blood test this coming monday.
Congrats!!! Our body is forcefully tune to get pregnant.. Take all the support necessary at this point of time.

I am now able to feel the baby movement. Yesterday watch fury.. My baby is as excited as me! Keep jumping .. Really love this feeling!

err..do you have the GE content to share with me please? I like to know what does GE offer.

talking about Chinese, I saw many go Thailand do..I kpo asked a few. they said they are sceptical to do in their own country because of many scams, illegal, unlicensed, high agent fees and costs could be even higher than done in overseas. if one wants to do in overseas, it is advisable to find a reputable good one because health matters and IVF is not an easy task.
Attached GE neonatal insurance.

Attachments

• GE Neonatal Insurance prtscrn.jpg
    GE Neonatal Insurance prtscrn.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 226
@mosburger, nope. coz i only have GE neonatal insurance and normal life insurance for myself.. Haven't even checked what I can claim from my pte shield plan for bb delivery.
Hmm... Pte shield plan can claim? I must check it out too. I have normal insurance too. I am waiting for detailed scan to be over before I commit to the AIA maternity plan. Can still buy at 32 weeks, so buy later hopefully can pay less months. I'm not very keen on ILP. I'm only interested in getting baby covered without underwriting upon birth.

@Tinga I read several literature on this as I was curious. For natural IVF (petri dish), chance of baby boy is higher coz the boy sperm swim faster and reach the egg faster. But for ICSI, for the same reason working in the opposite direction, the girl sperm are easier to catch by the embryologist as they're slower swimmers. But for both cases, statistically the differences in percentage between boy and girl are not that high. Like 50-something percent versus 40-something percent.
Impressive! I didn't come across such info. Where did u get all these figures?

Morning to all.. Finally is the weekend!
Feel so tired even though I have enough sleep.. And keep having the feeling like wanted to puke.. I heard that pregnant women will get heartburn, anyone know what is it and how it impact us?

Any mummies here expecting twins here? Juz went to see doc for cervix scan. Have to be bed bound till delivery as cervix is at 1.9cm.

Morning to all.. Finally is the weekend!
Feel so tired even though I have enough sleep.. And keep having the feeling like wanted to puke.. I heard that pregnant women will get heartburn, anyone know what is it and how it impact us?
For me just a lot of acid reflux.. Glad that during the mid of 2nd tri .. It's over..

Hi Olly! I m also new here. Bbs are at week 23+6 days. Edd 23 Feb. However doc tell me expect to b early as twins.
Hi xinxuan! Which hospital do u intend to deliver ? I'm expecting a boy and a girl. What about you ? Any other mummies expecting twins here?

Hi All

I'm new to this group and I'm excited to join this group. I just started my first IVF and had my embryo retrieval last Friday. Till today I felt my lower abdominal bloatness and pain. I'll be having my embryo transfer tml. May I know if the bloatness and pain is normal? Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Micztai

Hi Micztai, it is normal. Pls rest well, dont walk too much, drink more keep hydrated (I drank isotonic sports water to prevent ohss) and eat more fruits to prevent constipation. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi mummies, new week again... does ur gynae offer you package after certain weeks or is it pay per visit throughout? I am a bit disappointed that my gynae doesn't offer package for ivf conceived..feel kinda discrimination..why different treatment.

Most gynaes got package after wk16-20 onwards but I do know a few dun offer package, pay by per visit de

My Oscar scan results aren't good so I went to Dr Ananda from Camden medical ctr. His protocol includes cervix scan.
Oh!! But I believe the result is alright now.. U got to bed rest.. My colleague has the same issue and bed rest since mth 5 to delivery.

My Oscar scan results aren't good so I went to Dr Ananda from Camden medical ctr. His protocol includes cervix scan.
Hi Xinxuan mind if you tell me what the results were like? I'm getting my oscar test in a few weeks. A little nervous.

Hi mummies, new week again... does ur gynae offer you package after certain weeks or is it pay per visit throughout? I am a bit disappointed that my gynae doesn't offer package for ivf conceived..feel kinda discrimination..why different treatment.

i heard kkh doesn't have package for all pregnancies including natural. is ur gynae from pte clinic?

Hi Xinxuan mind if you tell me what the results were like? I'm getting my oscar test in a few weeks. A little nervous.
Kkh protocol is take blood test 2 weeks b4 scan. My results ended up both bbs r DS. Kkh advise to do amino but my Sil (mum of 3 ) insisted I get 2nd opinion as she have friends who also get negative results went to Dr Ananda from Camden medical ctr which turns out well. Personally I feel Dr Ananda is a great doc as he on the spot will tell you what his professional advice. He told me my case is not high risk if it's high risk he will ask me to do amino. He say juz wait for Harmony test. Also he was puzzled at why KKH did the blood test 2 weeks before & the results was not accurate. Thank God both bbs do not have DS. I have 2 friends who also do Oscar test told me they did the scan n blood test on the same day n ask me y mine done in KKH was separated.

Oh!! But I believe the result is alright now.. U got to bed rest.. My colleague has the same issue and bed rest since mth 5 to delivery.
Yea.... I m ordered to bed rest at 5.5 weeks till delivery. Then every 2 weeks needs to do cervix scan n take injection till delivery.

Kkh protocol is take blood test 2 weeks b4 scan. My results ended up both bbs r DS. Kkh advise to do amino but my Sil (mum of 3 ) insisted I get 2nd opinion as she have friends who also get negative results went to Dr Ananda from Camden medical ctr which turns out well. Personally I feel Dr Ananda is a great doc as he on the spot will tell you what his professional advice. He told me my case is not high risk if it's high risk he will ask me to do amino. He say juz wait for Harmony test. Also he was puzzled at why KKH did the blood test 2 weeks before & the results was not accurate. Thank God both bbs do not have DS. I have 2 friends who also do Oscar test told me they did the scan n blood test on the same day n ask me y mine done in KKH was separated.
If ur Oscar result aren't good pse ask for Harmony test. Dun do amino unnecessary as it carries a 5% of miscarriage.

Meoww30, some pte gynae dun offer package.
My oscar result aso borderline, end up I did harmony test to have my mind rest assured, turn out fine so dun get scared off by Oscar result ……

Yeah I did my blood test already last week at week 9. On nov 21ill have to go back to KK to do the scan. But yeah will get second opinion if test results aren't good. The problem is that at KK (I'm with TAN HH) I can't get hold of the doc immediately to ask him for harmony or whatever. I'll have to go elsewhere then.

Thanks for the advise.

Yeah I did my blood test already last week at week 9. On nov 21ill have to go back to KK to do the scan. But yeah will get second opinion if test results aren't good. The problem is that at KK (I'm with TAN HH) I can't get hold of the doc immediately to ask him for harmony or whatever. I'll have to go elsewhere then.

Thanks for the advise.
After my 1st Trimester Scan, although I have good results, I insisted that I still want to proceed with Harmony Test due to my age. I requested for the test at ADC & they sent me to AMC for counseling with Christina Choi. I did the test on the same day.

Just went for my gynae visit today, bb is at 2cm big now and can hear the strong heartbeat. So happy with that. :)
Doctor was discussing about the various test that need to go through for Down syndrome. I'm only register the NT test which is at lower cost and accuracy at 90%, the other one ( can't remember the name) which is at higher cost but accuracy is 99%, the second test can be tested on week10 onwards. Is this the oscar test that some sisters mentioned here? Any sisters can share their experience w me?

The oscar test is abt $350.. this include detailed ultrasound and blood test. if you pay about $1k plus, it is probably non invasive prenatal test (NIPT) for down syndrome. it's called harmony or panaroma.

The oscar test is abt $350.. this include detailed ultrasound and blood test. if you pay about $1k plus, it is probably non invasive prenatal test (NIPT) for down syndrome. it's called harmony or panaroma.
Is Oscar = nt scan? I think the price is the same, abt 350. What is the different for harmony and panaroma? I try to google yesterday nite but seem to have so many test available..

Is Oscar = nt scan? I think the price is the same, abt 350. What is the different for harmony and panaroma? I try to google yesterday nite but seem to have so many test available..

Hi @Tinga
My oscar test includes the Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan and blood test. The Internet has some articles on comparison of harmony/panaroma tests but both belong to the non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT).. Different clinics use different choice of NIPT

Hi @Tinga
My oscar test includes the Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan and blood test. The Internet has some articles on comparison of harmony/panaroma tests but both belong to the non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT).. Different clinics use different choice of NIPT
I see, thx for the info. Has a clearer picture now. Still thinking which test Shd I go for..

Yea.... I m ordered to bed rest at 5.5 weeks till delivery. Then every 2 weeks needs to do cervix scan n take injection till delivery.
Hi xinxuan, may i know why bedrest? Is it low placenta? So cannot go out or go to work ah...can normal ultrascan check on cervix scan?

Hi xinxuan, may i know why bedrest? Is it low placenta? So cannot go out or go to work ah...can normal ultrascan check on cervix scan?
Bedrest is not to alarm the uterus. My is not low placenta leh. Is the cervix lining open up abit, now at 1.9cm. I m unemploy at the moment cos of the ivf. Try not to go out as have to rest more so bbs can pull thru the mths to prevent premature. Kkh protocal nv do the cervix scan is the 2nd opinion doc have this protocol.

Hi ladies, I got my bfp last saturday and notice I have more and morr discharge that is watery and clear, just this morning it gush down and it feel af but it is clear and watery. Is this normal? Do I have to make any action? I am so worried.

Hi ladies, I got my bfp last saturday and notice I have more and morr discharge that is watery and clear, just this morning it gush down and it feel af but it is clear and watery. Is this normal? Do I have to make any action? I am so worried.
Congratulations straw1 !!

sesire13, me 14wks too and ivf in kkh in august. r u already in our may bb fb? If not, pm me your email add, I can add u in :)

Back