2012 Twins

Babies discharged 2saya later than me...now everything ok
happy.gif
v tiring take k of 2 babies...

Cy0919, Glad to here that u n babies r fine n go home ald. i discharged on 23rd. I got another problem which is my wound got bleeding. Everyday have to change dressing. Stress that I even can't take care them
sad.gif
. I have to stay in e bed most of e time.

Pinkie, hope u get well soon!

Any mummy full BF? Trying to but too tough...what formula milk u all given to ur babies?

Hi, i'm expecting twins in Dec 13 and i'm trying to find a confinement nanny. One of them quoted me $4000 for 28 days.. is this the norm?

Pinkberries, done!
Babylychan, I think this is norm. I ask few person also the same price.
I Hv 1 contact if not remember wrongly she quote me $3500 but I didn't take as my mum helping me. If u want I can gv u

cy0919: thks! am considering if i can do without a confinement nanny since mil might be helping out but taking care of two at the same time seems tiring. congrats on the birth of ur twins. n jiayou taking care of them too!

pinkberries: thks! will consider in the meantime...

Babyalychan, I did it all without confinement lady. Can be done. Basically, I was the main carer for their first 4 months before sending them to IFC. No one around to help me, I just did it all myself. NO helper either. Can be done but also quite tough.

Market rate is about 3.8k to 4k. I asked before also and we thought it is so expensive for what it is. ALthough, on the hind side, having that help will allow you to rest well especially if you going through c-sect.

Where will you be delivering?

Congrats pinkberries and Cy0919. Glad the arrival on the twins. How are your both coping so far?

ariadne: i'm a FTWM w a 4 yr old gal n no helper. previously i delivered at TMC but since now i'm not having a singleton was tinking of govt hospt, as my gynae advised mine is high risk as my twins share 1 waterbag too. I'm a bit worried abt NICU costs at private rate. anyone can share their hospital bill cost too? tink i might need a bit of help but i thought 4k was quite ex. i had mine first 4 yrs back n i only paid 2k for the confinement lady.

congrats pinkberries on ur twins too...
happy.gif
hope u r coping well!

Babyalychan, Hv u buy the pregnant insurance?

Ariadne, how u cope with no helper?? I'm so tired even my mum helping me... U got bf??i dun even Hv time to pump out every 3 hrs...

Hi Mummies, happy to find these thread as I am delivering my twin babies tml (c-sec).

babyalychan: Previously when I asked for the price for CL, it was usually $3,500, but there is one CL who quoted me $5K (I rejected immediately).

ariadne: How did you manage to cope without any CL or helper? I may not have any help after the CL, really need this advice from you!

ariadne: thanks! now still ok cos got CL. r u bf-ing ur twins? Do u take care of them at night as well? Muz b very tiring... I'm still considering when to send mine to IFC.. Can't bear to send them there too soon.

Babyalychan: thanks! My twins stayed in nicu for 2 nights, per night cost ard 1.2k b4 medisave claim. Sharing 1 water bag means ur twins r mono amniotic?

Cy0919 - hi, it is tough to start with if you are alone. The babies will need feeding every 2-3hours. For me, when I can alone, I stagger the time a bit and do a lot of tandem feeding. I prop them up in a nursing pillow so I can feed them together. Rockers help also to prop them both up. I am still bf-ing and use a twins nursing pillow to do that. When I am alone at home, I latch instead of pump. Only pump twice a day. Wake up at 5am to pump before hubby goes to work and pump again at 8pm after the twins are in bed.
To me, I am not too stressed about keeping my milk supply up and pump 3-hourly religiously. For me, I find having milk is good enough. So, I do supplement with FM a lot cos just by latching I will still need the FM top-up.

Azel - it is important to keep your spirits up. Can be done but still ok. A lot of time, you will find me cuddling both twins in my arms.

Pinkberries - I look after them single-handedly till I return to work Full time in Jan this year. Love them to bits and they do get easier to look after.

Feel free to chat with me if you have any difficulties or just need a listening ear. Being a mother to twins make us super women/super mum. lol

I remember going to the doctor recently and he was shock at all my answers.

Mum to twins - yes
Working full time - yes
still breast feeding - yes
Any helper - no
Any help from family - no

and he just shake his head and say I supermum. Can still be cheerful is amazing. You all can do it too. You will be amaze what we are capable of when you are so full of love for your little ones.

Hi mummies, just brought my sons for hep b injection(1month) ytd. 1 of them shit after every meal...is it normal? The other 1 is ok...

ariadne: I'm trying to stagger the feeding time but I guess they have not adjust to any routine yet. U did a lot of tandem feeding alone, how can u achieve that alone?!?! I tried doing that in hospital with the nurses' help but it is extremely difficult. V peifu!

Azel,

It takes lots of practice. Initially in hospital, their feeding are staggered and I latch one by one. Then latching consultant insist I learn tandem for my own good. Even when latching one baby, I football hold the head, latch on to nipple then put baby's head onto arm. So I was comfortable holding baby's head by itself.

For tandem nursing, either you find at least 4 pillows or use a twin nursing cushion. If you use normal pillows, you have one each on your side. This is for baby's body to lie on. Then two on front of you.

Place the babies in front of you on the bed or have someone pass you the baby. Place babies one by one on the pillow. Head in front of your breasts, bodies align next to your body. Then you latch one by one.

Take practice. Good luck.

cy0919: wat kind of pregnant insurance?

azel: thks. i tot since it's only one confinement .. it will follow the same market rate for singleton, dint know twins also diff charge.. tot i can save a bit... hhahah :p

pinkberries: yes, mine is mono amniotic. dint know much abt it until i googled abt it... but i have stopped googling cos the more i read the more scared i am.. so no point lah, its not like i have much control over the risks n complications.

ariadne: wow... u really supermom.

ariadne: currently I latch one by one but there are times that both of them want milk at the same time.
happy.gif
I have been feeding them by cradle or cross-over hold, will change to football hold so that they will b used to e position.

I tried tandem nursing earlier using pillows, have some Qn to check with u.. You mentioned one pillow at each side, they r suppose to position parallel or turned slightly towards me? it seems a bit too low n I've to bend slight forward.. Do I've to put two pillows each side (a bit unstable)? Then two pillows in front of me, what is the pillows for?

Correct me if I'm wrong.. When I'm in position, place both babies on the side pillows (one at a time), then guide them to my breasts. So when one of them is done feeding, then let baby rest at the side pillow till the other is done?

babyalychan: everything is expensive.. They mentioned tt they have to look after 2 babies, so charges r higher.. I tried neg with them but it is not negotiable. Haha. When r u delivering?

Azel,

Pardon my explanation. have you seen a twin nursing pillows before? Using normal pillows is to mimick that.

So for tandem nursing, you place 2 pillows by you side. Length of pillows along your sides. If it is not high enough then you stack one below. These pillows should also be of a height that you can rest your elbow/arms comfortably. These will be used to rest your babies. The 2 pillows in front of you is also the length of pillow against you. These pillows should be used to rest your babies' heads.

The image should be you being circled by pillows. The babies should be lying head to head facing your breasts. So their head are just in front of your breast. Their bodies lying along your sides with their feet towards your back.

Bottomline, height of pillows should support babies such that you do not have to lean forward. Key to nursing is you must be comfortable. or in long run, you will have shoulder/neck ache

ariadne: thanks for the detailed explanation. Yes I've seen a twin nursing pillows. With ur explanation, it is clearer now. Ok I'll try to give it a try again. Must practise more. Thanks!
happy.gif

Hi azel, u r right, everything is expensive. i'm due first wk of Dec, but probably shld be considered early Nov.

thanks cy0919, i'll check that.

hi, I'm only 1.48cm and weighing 37kg. am expecting twins. i am very worried that there'll be lots of risks and complications such as pre term labor etc. does height affect the growth of the babies? any advice?

xxhazel_nutxx - i am also petite, and my gynae is worried that i may have preterm labour. so she put me on bedrest from week 25 onwards. i delivered my twins at 34 weeks. how many weeks are you now? what did your gynae advise?

Ola mommies in this thread, Twins / Multiples Pregnancy 2014 thread is opened and I was hoping if any mommies here could join in as a support group. Your support and advise may means alot to our moms-to-be of Twins. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Dear mummies/mummies-to-be

I have the following pre-loved items for sale:

1. Madela free-style breast pump complete with accessories (including extra set of breast shield and related parts to reduce washing frequency). Bought at $900plus in total, now letting go at $450 (pump still in excellent working condition).

2. Pre-loved twin rompers and PJs, worn less than 5 times each. Different prices cos different number of sets.

3. Freezer for storing EMB. Bought for $320, letting go at $250 (used less than 3 months, condition as good as new).

For items in (1) and (2), you can view them at the following:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/#photos/102905874370933496768/albums/5852145266786080945

No picture yet for item (3), can provide if interested.

Those interested in these items, pl PM me ok?

Thanks!
Hi, is the freezer a upright freezer? Does it have 4 drawers? Kindly contact me via 93372320. TIA

Back