IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Hello Ladies!

I am back!
Just completed FET 2hrs ago and in my 2ww now.
The FET procedure was surprisingly FAST and PAINLESS! Total different experience than my OHSS ER in Late Dec!

I read another forum and there's this Zita West CD (which I purchased via iTunes). Very useful in keeping me in the meditation mode. It's meant specifically for IVF processes. It's really awesome (Positive Visualization for IVF)

Am so excited with 2ww although I may need to work to tie loose ends for the next few days (hopefully no stress)...

Anyway, any issues with sitting too Long? nurse @ NUH CHR says I no need to bed rest, so I presume desk work should be okay?

Hello Ladies!

I am back!
The FET procedure was surprisingly FAST and PAINLESS! Total different experience than my OHSS ER in Late Dec!

I read another forum and there's this Zita West CD (which I purchased via iTunes). Very useful in keeping me in the meditation mode. It's meant specifically for IVF processes. It's really awesome (Positive Visualization for IVF)

Am so excited with 2ww although I may need to work to tie loose ends for the next few days (hopefully no stress)...

Anyway, any issues with sitting too Long? nurse @ NUH CHR says I no need to bed rest, so I presume desk work should be okay?
Hi Nicolemama,
I also did my FET yesterday at KKH and it's like a breeze too... it only takes about 5 to 10mins to place the embryo into our womb..
Dr said no need bed rest too, can continue with normal routine... maybe not carry heavy stuff and avoid cold/raw food!
Finger cross for 2ww... let's jiayou together!

Hi Nicolemama,
I also did my FET yesterday at KKH and it's like a breeze too... it only takes about 5 to 10mins to place the embryo into our womb..
Dr said no need bed rest too, can continue with normal routine... maybe not carry heavy stuff and avoid cold/raw food!
Hi Havinghope, did you do natural or medicated FET? Still need to take any jabs for FET or just oral medication?

All the best for your 2WW!!!

Hi Havinghope, did you do natural or medicated FET? Still need to take any jabs for FET or just oral medication?

All the best for your 2WW!!!
Hi miloqueen
I did medicated FET... no jabs at all... but have to take oral medication to increase the lining... I went back to KKH for 4 scans altogether before I had my FET yesterday...
Once I hit the lining minimum of 8mm, I was given crinone gel to insert vaginally twice a day...
You starting your fresh cycle or fet soon?

Hi Nicolemama,
Wow, lets jiayou together. Are u intending to test UPT before the Beta?

Hi miloqueen
I did medicated FET... no jabs at all... but have to take oral medication to increase the lining... I went back to KKH for 4 scans altogether before I had my FET yesterday...
Once I hit the lining minimum of 8mm, I was given crinone gel to insert vaginally twice a day...
You starting your fresh cycle or fet soon?
Thanks for sharing! Yes, just started my fresh cycle. Didn't have the luck to have any frozen embbies the last round so just wondering if I got a chance to decide between transferring 1 or 2 should I just choose 1 and if fail (fingers crossed), try the other one thru' FET.

Thanks for sharing! Yes, just started my fresh cycle. Didn't have the luck to have any frozen embbies the last round so just wondering if I got a chance to decide between transferring 1 or 2 should I just choose 1 and if fail (fingers crossed), try the other one thru' FET.
I didn't manage to trf any for the fresh cycle in Jan due to suspected ohss case... hence this is considered my first transfer! Everything happen for a reason... don't worry and hoping that you have quality eggs this time round =)

I didn't manage to trf any for the fresh cycle in Jan due to suspected ohss case... hence this is considered my first transfer! Everything happen for a reason... don't worry and hoping that you have quality eggs this time round =)
I experienced very bad OHSS for 1-2days after ER last cycle. It felt horrible and I almost rushed down to A&E. Luckily, woke up feeling much better the next day and went on to ET. Hopefully no such reactions this round.

Let's jiayou together! You requested for HL to rest at home? Remember go slow and relax these 2 weeks. Follow nutritious diet and take Brazilian nuts, logan red date tea etc.

I experienced very bad OHSS for 1-2days after ER last cycle. It felt horrible and I almost rushed down to A&E. Luckily, woke up feeling much better the next day and went on to ET. Hopefully no such reactions this round.

Let's jiayou together! You requested for HL to rest at home? Remember go slow and relax these 2 weeks. Follow nutritious diet and take Brazilian nuts, logan red date tea etc.
My HL from 17 march until 19 march.. returning to work on Monday... KKH only gave 3 days of HL for frozen cycle.. u too take care and all the best for the fresh

Hi! Can you share with me where is the best place to get Brazilian nuts?TIA!

Did my blood test yesterday at 10pd5dt ... was positive but with a hcg of 50plus . Say doc today and he said it's Low. He say there is 3 possiblilty lies 1 )ectopic pregnancy 2) abnormal pregnancy with no heart rate or 3) normal pregnancy but slower hcg levels .. anyone can advise ?? Haha doc is doing an earlier scan to check

Did my blood test yesterday at 10pd5dt ... was positive but with a hcg of 50plus . Say doc today and he said it's Low. He say there is 3 possiblilty lies 1 )ectopic pregnancy 2) abnormal pregnancy with no heart rate or 3) normal pregnancy but slower hcg levels .. anyone can advise ?? Haha doc is doing an earlier scan to check

Hugs. Don't give up yet. You should hv another blood test scheduled in 2 days? Your hcg should double then if it's viable (option 3). Scan is to see if it's ectopic (option 1) cause if it's in the Fallopian tubes that's dangerous.

You can try this online store called Garden Picks. They sometimes have a pop up store at Raffles Place Interchange. $10 for 3 packets.

Thanks MichNg! Starting my cycle this April so hoping i could get my diet in order. Do you have any other recommendation? Thank you for sharing as its my 1st IVF cycle after 2 failed IUI attempts.Kinda nervous!

Thanks MichNg! Starting my cycle this April so hoping i could get my diet in order. Do you have any other recommendation? Thank you for sharing as its my 1st IVF cycle after 2 failed IUI attempts.Kinda nervous!
I usually get mine from Taka basement. There is this stall selling nuts and dried fruits near bee cheng heng. Maybe a bit pricey ($3plus per 100g) but they are quite popular so products are fresh.

I will test in the morning on the blood test day itself, before going to KKH... to prepare myself if I need to hang around kkh to wait for medicine to support the pregnancy or can just go home
Well, that sounds cool! I felt very sleepy after FET this morning. Kept dozing off. How do I survive till Apr where HL is till. Jiayou everybody in the 2ww!

Well, that sounds cool! I felt very sleepy after FET this morning. Kept dozing off. How do I survive till Apr where HL is till. Jiayou everybody in the 2ww!
Yup... me too! I felt so sleepy after the ET yesterday... kept dozing off too... and slept at 9plus yesterday... abdomen pain, bloated and cramp... it's only the start of our 2ww!!! When is your Bt? Mine on 3 April

Hugs. Don't give up yet. You should hv another blood test scheduled in 2 days? Your hcg should double then if it's viable (option 3). Scan is to see if it's ectopic (option 1) cause if it's in the Fallopian tubes that's dangerous.

No le no blood test scheduled . Should I Go and test at a GP ? Only a scan next Monday .. scary though

Yup... me too! I felt so sleepy after the ET yesterday... kept dozing off too... and slept at 9plus yesterday... abdomen pain, bloated and cramp... it's only the start of our 2ww!!! When is your Bt? Mine on 3 April
My BT on 29Mar. Urs is a blastocyst? Could it be because mine is a day5 blast?
No bloatedness. Abdomen pain and cramp, hahaha I cannot differentiate between tummy aches needing to go to the toilet or a real cramp. But my tummy felt full... Can't really walk fast (maybe just subconsciously)...

Btw, you are at SGH is it? HL for FET until your BT? KKH only gave 3 days HL...
Nope I am at NUH. Ya. Given till 05 Apr, 1 week after BT. But think I cannot wait till then. Will self declare and work from home or return to office once or twice a week to tie loose ends, 3 days? That's really short!

My BT on 29Mar. Urs is a blastocyst? Could it be because mine is a day5 blast?
No bloatedness. Abdomen pain and cramp, hahaha I cannot differentiate between tummy aches needing to go to the toilet or a real cramp. But my tummy felt full... Can't really walk fast (maybe just subconsciously)...
Mine is a 3 days trf only... not a blast! Stomach felt full should be bloatedness...

Mine is a 3 days trf only... not a blast! Stomach felt full should be bloatedness...
I see. I think that's prob why mine is 29 Mar and yours is 3Apr despite you doing the FET a day before. Think they count from day 0 or smth. Let's hope for a good result. Try the Zita West tracks. it has worked awesome for me!

Best to go back for another blood test 2 days later. For Kkh, the BT is usually 14dp5dt so 10 days could be on the Low side.
A second blood test will Rule out ectopic if it double nicely.

I know of sisters who have requested for the same 2-3 weeks HL for FET. It is possible to ask KKH to extend.
Thanks miloqueen,
It's alright... my job doesn't require me to do heavy work... staying at home might make me worry this and that more

Best to go back for another blood test 2 days later. For Kkh, the BT is usually 14dp5dt so 10 days could be on the Low side.
A second blood test will Rule out ectopic if it double nicely.
Hmmm then I will go Polyclinic and ask for
One hahaha

Hello Ladies!

I am back!

Hi can i check how long is the FET process at NUH? I read that it is 6weeks how come so long?

Thanks miloqueen,
It's alright... my job doesn't require me to do heavy work... staying at home might make me worry this and that more

I was just reading. Best not to work so stress free from work. Watch drama or do something you enjoy. =) dont tired yrself.

I see. I think that's prob why mine is 29 Mar and yours is 3Apr despite you doing the FET a day before. Think they count from day 0 or smth. Let's hope for a good result. Try the Zita West tracks. it has worked awesome for me!
Bt & mc they count from ER for me. 20 days mc starting from ER

I had 2 failed iui too and now in tww for ivf. Stop drinking cold or liang stuff to prepare yr body. Try keep womb warm.

Hi can i check how long is the FET process at NUH? I read that it is 6weeks how come so long?
Depending whether you are going natural FET or medicated FET, the doctor will decide. Mainly based on your menses regularity history. Mine was medicated because I had a Super haywired menses and I had post OHSS even without any fresh transfer. Thus, I rested for like one whole month before starting the 6weeks process. Total pause for 10weeks. Good in a sense I picked myself up in terms of emotional and also had some time to clear work due to the rest taken from ER.

I see. It's only day 2! Haha! I am already like BORED. Tried walking the Neighbourhood after breakfast... Don't know why but think the bloatedness has made me walked slow, SUPER SLOW.. Lol!

First few days after et impt for implant. Try rest more. Good luck and baby dust to you. I'm super bored too. 6 days like 2 weeks wait. Lol

Back