IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Haven't login to forum for a while.

My last scan on 6 Mar.
16, 14, 16, 12.5, 11.5, 14.5, 11
16.5, 15.5, 14, 12.5, 10.5, 16, 12, 11, 13.5, 8.5, 9

Was a sudden peak from 7 follicles.
Manage retrieve 13 today. Not as pain as i thought.
Baby dust to all & Good Luck Ladies.

Was busy with new house reno so didn't went TCM.
But i think my 2 failed iui (Sep, Nov) helps the doctor to know my condition better & prepare my body for ivf.
Doctor & tcm say do continuously and higher success rate.

Btw i using this from taobao, pretty comfy and keep womb warm.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42990406355&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

I done iui on the same months as you too. Iui buddy and I too failed the cycles.

All the best

Hi I am new here , thinking of doing ivf with dr loh , I have tried so-iui twice and failed and he's getting super impatient with me.. and has asked me to go for ivf.. can any kind soul here tell me what's the challenge & would I be able to go to work during the tww? As I can't be away for 2 weeks....

Just did BT for progesterone.. they couldnt find my vein, kena poke 3 times :(
Oh dear hope you are ok
Hi I am new here , thinking of doing ivf with dr loh , I have tried so-iui twice and failed and he's getting super impatient with me.. and has asked me to go for ivf.. can any kind soul here tell me what's the challenge & would I be able to go to work during the tww? As I can't be away for 2 weeks....
Please don't be pressured into ivf just cos Dr Loh is getting impatient. .. I didn't do iui so I am not sure how bad ivf is compared to it. But if you are worried about 2ww., you can opt not to take full 2 weeks I only took a few days of my annual leave and headed back to to work. But the catch is it has to depend on your work nature if yours is mainly desk bound it should fine. There might be 2 or 3 scans depending on your progress. . Hope this helps.

Oh dear hope you are ok

Please don't be pressured into ivf just cos Dr Loh is getting impatient. .. I didn't do iui so I am not sure how bad ivf is compared to it. But if you are worried about 2ww., you can opt not to take full 2 weeks I only took a few days of my annual leave and headed back to to work. But the catch is it has to depend on your work nature if yours is mainly desk bound it should fine. There might be 2 or 3 scans depending on your progress. . Hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice, appreciate.
Yes , my work nature is desk bound. Im glad to know that I can still go back to work during the TWW..

Dr Loh probably loosing his patience and that didn't really help cos I'm already quite down... cos I have been trying to conceive since 6-7 years ago.. I'm into my 3rd cycle of SO-IUI and after this if failed , will go for IVF..

Hi anyone tested bfp for this cycle. I am 9dp3dt. Not much symptoms except for on and off sharp twinge pains and cramp. But the cramp only happens like once a day. Feeling very worried but dont dare test yet.

Hi anyone tested bfp for this cycle. I am 9dp3dt. Not much symptoms except for on and off sharp twinge pains and cramp. But the cramp only happens like once a day. Feeling very worried but dont dare test yet.

me 9dp5dt. not intend to test. going bt instead, when ur bt?

Mine is on this friday 8:30am. I think i may test before fri as i find it scary to hear it from the nurse. Rather be prepared before that. So far any symptoms for you?

going toilet often at nighttime, sometimes got twinges, dunno what going on inside, that the only symptoms .

Today is my 11dp5dt.. I dare not test as afraid of BFN. I do face sharp twinge at times and been having back pain once a while. Just hope it is not menses symptoms.

Hi Cheerup0

Yes, can go back to work but best to take things slow and easy or at least rest the first few days. Don't be pressured into it if you are not ready. You are the one going through all the treatment and the tww to me was the most emotionally difficult period. I'm also with Dr Loh. He's not very good with tact I feel but I trust his medical judgement and hv learnt to trust him. Don't read too much into his mannerisms though.

Thank you for your advice, appreciate.
Yes , my work nature is desk bound. Im glad to know that I can still go back to work during the TWW..

Dr Loh probably loosing his patience and that didn't really help cos I'm already quite down... cos I have been trying to conceive since 6-7 years ago.. I'm into my 3rd cycle of SO-IUI and after this if failed , will go for IVF..

Hi, i had 2 failed so-iui so went to do ivf too. Doc gave me 20 days hospitalization leave. We spent so much money no point stress yrself and go back work during tww. Find a time slot more suitable for you to be away and go for ivf. Good luck.

I hate the drip insert thing. so so painful. how many retrieved?
today I went for my 3rd scan and my follies have slowed so given 4 jabs now. :(

When is your ER due?

I had my final scan and trigger tonight.
Down to 4 follicles so really hope it's a case of quality VS quantity

I was but somehow i think not enough. I was awoken in pain and screaming. When they push me to rest area i was crying in pain.
Sharkles, I was at kkivf the main area waiting for scan around 8 to 11am... and I heard someone screaming from the operating theatre, so you are the one? You must be feeling super shocked to be awake in the middle of ER!

When is your ER due?

I had my final scan and trigger tonight.
Down to 4 follicles so really hope it's a case of quality VS quantity

All the best for your ER! They will be quality mature eggs:) Jiayou!
I also had issues during stimulation and only had 7 follicles by last scan and during ER, but managed to get 7 eggs during ER which was all mature. Now in 2ww.

Last edited:
Mine is on this friday 8:30am. I think i may test before fri as i find it scary to hear it from the nurse. Rather be prepared before that. So far any symptoms for you?
My blood test also this Friday .. I'm 7pd5dt today .. no symptoms .. I think I will also test earlier to be prepared ..

All the best for your ER! They will be quality mature eggs:) Jiayou!
I also had issues during stimulation and only had 7 follicles by last scan and during ER, but managed to get 7 eggs during ER which was all mature. Now in 2ww.

Dearie Lapin
I am rooting for you!! Breathe and stay zen through the TWW.
I am feeling more chill this round, hopefully my diet change and accupuncture helps with the quality. Also, I am quitting my current job (the mega stressful one) and found another which is supposedly less demanding (hopefully!)

All the best!

Dearie Lapin
I am rooting for you!! Breathe and stay zen through the TWW.
I am feeling more chill this round, hopefully my diet change and accupuncture helps with the quality. Also, I am quitting my current job (the mega stressful one) and found another which is supposedly less demanding (hopefully!)

All the best!

Thank you! I'm enjoying my 2ww crocheting, eating and resting well. Finally no more stress from fears and pain of daily jabs & bt, scares from scan results, scares from embryo updates, and fears of procedures. Such a relief. Guess we have all done our very best to fulfil our dream, there will be no regrets whatever the outcome maybe.

I have not reach
I have not reached 9dp3dt I am only 7dp3dt. .. I have the same symptoms as you too sharp twinge and mild cramps here and there... just brave it if you want to know early

Sharkles, I was at kkivf the main area waiting for scan around 8 to 11am... and I heard someone screaming from the operating theatre, so you are the one? You must be feeling super shocked to be awake in the middle of ER!

Omg that loud? Hahahah i cant remember what i was screaming but mainly ouch and ouch and crying. Strangely the other ladies seem to not be in pain. The lady next to me in the resting area was humming loh.

Not sure how true that we can request for higher dosage of sedative.
My first time and definitely wasnt prepared to be woken to such a rude shock. It was a blur. All i remember was i was in pain, screaming but the nurses dont really care. Felt mishandled tbh

My first time and definitely wasnt prepared to be woken to such a rude shock. It was a blur. All i remember was i was in pain, screaming but the nurses dont really care. Felt mishandled tbh

Quite horrid. U could inform thh when u next see him for ET. Even if seldom this occur, nurse should b prepared and provide care. I thought they will usually ask how u feel when they give milo and biscuits. They cannot give medication then.

Omg that loud? Hahahah i cant remember what i was screaming but mainly ouch and ouch and crying. Strangely the other ladies seem to not be in pain. The lady next to me in the resting area was humming loh.
Actually it's not painful to me either... I find the drip more painful... Anyway you survived the ER! Take care and rest well for your coming ET

Back