IVF for Feb/Mar 2017

Hey. Medicated or natural? I'm waiting for menses to start and do medicated with dr loh.

I'm doing medicated. My period just started. So will most prob do ET in mid February. When is your menses supposed to come?

Can you remember what Dr Loh said when will the ET be after the D13/14 scan?

I'm doing medicated. My period just started. So will most prob do ET in mid February. When is your menses supposed to come?

Can you remember what Dr Loh said when will the ET be after the D13/14 scan?

Mine is close to yours. My menses supposed to come today, it's late. Hope it will come soon. It's my first FET after one failed fresh.
Last month attempted natural but the clearblue ovulation kit failed to pick up ovulation till I went to scan and dr said ovulated already. So this time trying medicated. He only said day two eat medicine, day 13 scan. I would think once lining good enough, ET can take place. Is this your first FET?

Hi ladies, anyone starting IVF in February? I'll be starting my FET with Dr Loh at TFC in February.
Hi, dr Loh ask me to go for hsg test and i just done today, the result say normal, i will have 2nd appointment with him this saturday.. i not sure when he will start me on ivf.. hopping can start on Feb.

Mine is close to yours. My menses supposed to come today, it's late. Hope it will come soon. It's my first FET after one failed fresh.
Last month attempted natural but the clearblue ovulation kit failed to pick up ovulation till I went to scan and dr said ovulated already. So this time trying medicated. He only said day two eat medicine, day 13 scan. I would think once lining good enough, ET can take place. Is this your first FET?

Yep. My first FET. I had my ER in November but did not manage to do ET at all because Dr Loh was afraid that I'll get OHSS.

Hi, dr Loh ask me to go for hsg test and i just done today, the result say normal, i will have 2nd appointment with him this saturday.. i not sure when he will start me on ivf.. hopping can start on Feb.

Dr Loh didn't ask u to rest one cycle after HSG? My previous gynae which I did the HSG with asked me to rest one month before trying naturally again. But that was another gynae telling me.

Yep. My first FET. I had my ER in November but did not manage to do ET at all because Dr Loh was afraid that I'll get OHSS.

My fresh was also November but failed. December menses was messed up, had menses during mid cycle. How long did it took for your menses to regulate? I suspect mine still screwed.

My fresh was also November but failed. December menses was messed up, had menses during mid cycle. How long did it took for your menses to regulate? I suspect mine still screwed.

Oh! Pretty similar to mine as well. My menses came 6 days after my ER, which is during mid cycle. My next period in December came 6 days late. So to me it haven regulated yet and didn't go ahead with FET.

This cycle it should be regulated already that's why I decided to start my FET. Actually Dr Loh told me my December cycle can start FET already but I felt it would be better to wait for my period to regulate first then do.

How many embryos do you have left from your fresh?

Oh! Pretty similar to mine as well. My menses came 6 days after my ER, which is during mid cycle. My next period in December came 6 days late. So to me it haven regulated yet and didn't go ahead with FET.

This cycle it should be regulated already that's why I decided to start my FET. Actually Dr Loh told me my December cycle can start FET already but I felt it would be better to wait for my period to regulate first then do.

How many embryos do you have left from your fresh?

I transferred two. Left four.. must cross finger it thaws. Yours?

Me me! i am scheduled for IVF in Feb in KKH. as my menses dont come on its own, i will need to take med to induce it. Probably start taking it mid feb.

What kind of blood test is needed? I did IUI at my gynae- is it the same that tests for Thalsemmia etc?

Hey Divineparadise
Sorry for the slow reply!
Yes, pretty standard diagnostics like Thalsemmia, AMH level etc. I had to do it as it was my first fertility consult.

Hope your journey is proceeding well!

I think my case is a bit extreme. Dr Loh collected around 70 eggs. Only 38 were mature and 35 were fertilized. In the end managed to freeze 19 embryos out of the whole lot.

Wow that's a lot!! Trust that at least 1 will succeed out of 19 :) very optimistic.

Its my first time so will definitely be fresh. thereafter will see the results.
Ic, and how long is the medication take? I have done the blood work and hsg test and will have 2nd appt with Dr Loh on sat, i dont know what is next just curious.. i hope can start the ivf asap.

Ic, and how long is the medication take? I have done the blood work and hsg test and will have 2nd appt with Dr Loh on sat, i dont know what is next just curious.. i hope can start the ivf asap.
I used to be with Dr Loh. But because there is no subsidy so i went to KKH. Dr Loh shouldnt be too long. I went to KK last year in Sept and just had 1 consultation and did 1 full blood count test. once the results are back, i was referred to IVF center. I was queued to do IVF this month. I will probably take the medication mid feb.

I had started my 2nd cycle in NUH. I will be doing double stim in Feb and Mar. Will do a FET at the end

Hello everybody!

I did ER end Dec, developed OHSS and can't proceed with ET.
Had 34 eggs retrieved (some weren't able to be retrieved as it was out of range).
22 were matured and proceeded with ICSI.
15 fertilized with 2 frozen on day5 blastocysts, 6 frozen on day6 blastocysts.
Due to do FET upcoming Mar (just started Mercilon)
Following up @ NUH as well.
Lets wish lots of baby dusts on us all :)
Quite nervous and clueless with FET still.

PS: The nurse must have explained to me. But I can't recall. Why the need to start Mercilon, Triptorelin CR, and Progynova before the ET huh? -- I know I can re-ask by calling the nurse, but just kinda "don't want to be a troublesome patient" :)

All the best Nicolemama!
I have no advice as I did only a fresh cycle once with nothing to freeze.

Fel C and Sharkles
I think you will be able to brave through the injections. Pinch up your belly if you can. The needles are very small gauge and by the 2nd day you should be comfortable :)

All the best Nicolemama!
I have no advice as I did only a fresh cycle once with nothing to freeze.

Fel C and Sharkles
I think you will be able to brave through the injections. Pinch up your belly if you can. The needles are very small gauge and by the 2nd day you should be comfortable :)

Thanks dear! That is comforting to know. I have LOADS of belly to be pinched. hopefully that helps.

Hi all.... I had a failed IVF fresh cycle last Nov. Had my review ystrdy. The doc suggested that I can proceed with my frozen cycle this month when my menses come. Anyone here had frozen transfer?

I just started today! First cycle so I was a bit nervous.. Went for menses scan n the nurse taught me how to do the injection. I didn't know they would give MC so I took leave.. In the end happy I get to keep my leave day. Hehe. Wish everyone the best! Jiayou

I just started today! First cycle so I was a bit nervous.. Went for menses scan n the nurse taught me how to do the injection. I didn't know they would give MC so I took leave.. In the end happy I get to keep my leave day. Hehe. Wish everyone the best! Jiayou

So you mean on your day 1, you call them and they call you down for appt. that appt is covered by MC?

Hihi, may i know do they do the first one on the spot for you to see?

I think they do. That was what i was told when i went for the briefing.

Hi sharkles n Fel C.. Actually I thought the nurse would show me. But she asked me to do myself. Haha. She watched la and gave me instructions. Also had a demo needle where she showed how to remove the cap all. But the injection I do myself. There's a second injection starting with E that one I have to come back on Monday morning n nurse will help me to inject. She says that one is too expensive for me to risk doing it wrongly on my own. Lolol

The injection not that pain la. Just the usual localised injection pain.. I felt a bit of pinching afterward but now I'm alright

Back