2016/07 July babies

Morning Mummies!~

Halfway through my work trip! Misses my boy so much lor, especially when I'm back at the hotel :(

Irregular pumping frequency too, have so many lumps on my right boob. Tried to pump but nothing came out :confused: decided to go take a hot shower, use a comb and massage hard. 10 minutes of pain finally hear the sound of milk splashing out! :p

2 more days to go!

Oh probably haha ..

Just now when I fetch him home, I purposely hand him over to my mum and said bye bye, pretend to close the gate and walk away.. He so panick, use his hand to push away my mum face and both legs kicking. So funny to watch him behave like that. Haha bad Mùmmy.
Aiyo! Milestone! But ya, a bit sweet but bad XD

Perhaps give bottle feeding another try to see if it can help? At the very least, it can help you if letdown is the problem.
Honestly, i find going to the movies stressful with LO, if you're needing some rest time out of the house, i really wouldnt recommend it :confused:
On Bubbles' reflux issue, would side latching with her slightly inclined help?
Yeah, hubby is constantly asking if I should switch to ebm since.she has also started to bite a bit more again..:( then I can also finally go see the dentist?!?

Ya, have been side latching with her head on a pillow for the past week, so much so now she fusses in any other position :-/ good thing is, the food elimination has definitely improved the reflux situation! Yay!

Morning Mummies!~

Halfway through my work trip! Misses my boy so much lor, especially when I'm back at the hotel :(

Irregular pumping frequency too, have so many lumps on my right boob. Tried to pump but nothing came out :confused: decided to go take a hot shower, use a comb and massage hard. 10 minutes of pain finally hear the sound of milk splashing out! :p

2 more days to go!
Jiayou Jiayou ! Such sweet relief it must have been! Still can hear sound de :O

Haha so cute little bubbles. So far mine is really showing low interest on any flip.

But she is eager to crawl for sure. Going to get the ABC puzzle crawl mat for her later.

Yesterday I kerna fist bang few times when lying next to her. Her fist slammed onto my glasses. Ouch can be painful leh my eye hah. Now don't dare to lie down next to her at that head to head level.

Someone mentioned scream? Yesterday she started to talk with scream. Just two times. See if I can catch it again :)

Morning Mummies!~

2 more days to go!

Oooh it must be quite hard being separated for days!! Two days will come in a wink. Reunion will be sweet :)

Yes yes, we will battle on together this Thursday, and possibly Friday.
Hectic weekend for me. Went to watch Lulu on Saturday, unlike our first show together when she slept through, this one she was awake almost throughout. Cinema small and volume too loud, she couldn't sleep. I gave up trying to get her to nap and just let her watch for 10 mins. The rest of time I spent standing at back of cinema so she won't disturb anyone as she was way overdue for nap and was fussing.
If you want to go to the movies with your LO, do not go to orchard cineleisure. Really lousy, there are no seats at all outside theatre or cinema or even near ticketing counters. Vivo is good, if you need to exit theatre halfway through movie, there are comfy benches just outside.
Attended a birthday party yesterday, LO was surprisingly sociable, she was passed around my friends and she was gurgling and smiling throughout. I'm happy!

Haha seats or not I don't dare to take the LO at movie challenge!

Is the movie funny? Planning to watch with hubby.

My gal finally accepts the bamboo stool/seat. First two times cried.

Any mummy intends to introduce exersaucer in time to come?

Haha so cute little bubbles. So far mine is really showing low interest on any flip.

But she is eager to crawl for sure. Going to get the ABC puzzle crawl mat for her later.

Yesterday I kerna fist bang few times when lying next to her. Her fist slammed onto my glasses. Ouch can be painful leh my eye hah. Now don't dare to lie down next to her at that head to head level.

Someone mentioned scream? Yesterday she started to talk with scream. Just two times. See if I can catch it again :)

Yea emk Jr. keep screaming nowadays ...

Haha seats or not I don't dare to take the LO at movie challenge!

Is the movie funny? Planning to watch with hubby.
Yea, it's funny, I really would have enjoyed the show tons more if I was at another cinema with better facilities. Go watch!

Hi mummies,

Few of your mentioned that your CL not bad last time, can share your CL's contact number?

My friend's edd is next yr July. I checked with my CL, she already booked by others. Good CL normally very "抢手“

Thanks ya.

Last edited:
Great, my AF is back at 5mo PP. Am I the earliest? It came back at 4mo for no1 when I ep. I thot no2 pump n latch can delay longer. Sigh!

Wow so fast omg I must bring pad to office just in case..
Today forget to bring my handfree bra.. So difficult to hold two side n pump ... Cannot massage n squeeze while pumping, can feel a lump now sigh

I have chop a place at childcare, just wondering how to prepare solid food for my baby dinner. working mummies can advice ?

Mine not yet come. I'm so enjoying the pad-free days.

Emk good question. I'll ask my IFC soon. Have to prep already.

@snowfern my baby finally willing to accept mam pacifier, rejected avent and nuk then I bought mam 6month pacifier since he is using mam bottle. When he put his hand in then my mum will replace it with pacifier. now I leave the pacifier at my mum house, he didn't ask for it.

Mine not yet come. I'm so enjoying the pad-free days.

Emk good question. I'll ask my IFC soon. Have to prep already.

I wondering got any portable cooker run by battery ? Haha so I can cook porridge during lunch time and bring home to feed my baby.

I wondering got any portable cooker run by battery ? Haha so I can cook porridge during lunch time and bring home to feed my baby.

Oh you mean dinner at home for lo? I have this ELB (electric lunch box) which I haven't used since I bought more than 1.5yrs ago :p You can consider getting one? Can plug in in office pantry or even your work station.

I checked with IFC about starting solid. They recommend starting after completing 6months. But at home we can start introducing earlier. IFC will prepare the cereal/porridge.

I'm getting excited about my baby's next exploration on food. It's getting boring just pushing her the bottle alone. Ha.

@redvel don't think I can plug in my pantry, too many visitors on my floor so the admin will spot check, wait she said I cause fire hazard. can't put on my desk too, we have clean desk policy ... Sigh

Me not yet. Think on bright side, makes plng easier if u want no. 3.

No no3 until no2 turns 2yo... planning to start studying next year so can't manage also.

My HB is alr "surrender" when we 2 vs 2... I can't imagine 1 vs 3 especially when he is working on the weekends...

Now just concerned abt the supply... a step at a time, a step at a time!

@redvel don't think I can plug in my pantry, too many visitors on my floor so the admin will spot check, wait she said I cause fire hazard. can't put on my desk too, we have clean desk policy ... Sigh

In that case maybe slow cooker at home to prep porridge in the morning and it's ready by dinner?

Anyone knows how long we should sterilize bottles and meal stuff? My sis stopped when her twinnies were one year old, when they started outside food.

Is this the guide in general ?

Same idea at @redvel slow cooker. But 6mo portion is very small so slow cooker too big also very hard.

One way is to make 2 portions (lunch + dinner) then put dinner in a thermos flask. Heat up on hot water bath b4 feeding?

Also can consider speaking to admin/hr... they must be crazy to say u will cause fire hazard? Like electric lunch box leh? Slow cooker leh? All SG certified products right? Not open fire what? Too paranoid and cause too much restrictions for the mummies at work!

No1 placed in IFC, I gave them cereal in boxes and they will make for him. Porridge is provided but they will make it watery for him.

Dinner is made by my MIL when she cooks dinner for the family, really thankful for her lor, else I will have @emk's headache...

I just told IFC (using the Comms book) not to introduce solids until Jan2017. They wrote 23 May as his birthday, but actually he was born 23 Jun, so i can't imagine if he is fed solids bcos they thot he is 6mo!

One month makes a lot of difference for infants!

My gal is exact 5mo today (mummy here a lil emo today). Should I start cereal on 1Jan (just hit 6mo) or 1Feb (just ended 6mo)?

Since yesterday, observed my gal has been having more frequent watery poop. Asked Dr G and it says could be due to teething. She has been drooling more too. But don't spot any gum swell or sprouting tooth. Those mummies whose babies are teething, do you see this pooping symptom as well?

But she has been drinking a lot since past few days. Not sure if the poop is due to that or maybe it's a sign she wanna start some solid introduction.

Same idea at @redvel slow cooker. But 6mo portion is very small so slow cooker too big also very hard.

One way is to make 2 portions (lunch + dinner) then put dinner in a thermos flask. Heat up on hot water bath b4 feeding?

Also can consider speaking to admin/hr... they must be crazy to say u will cause fire hazard? Like electric lunch box leh? Slow cooker leh? All SG certified products right? Not open fire what? Too paranoid and cause too much restrictions for the mummies at work!

Is thermos flask the same as thermal cooker (aka magic pot)? I've heard of those magic pot where you cook on stove and bring it to boil. After that transfer it to the other pot, and using the retained heat, the pot will keep the food warm / continue to cook the food without electricity :)

Personally, I have not use it so can't comment if it is good or not cos my mum will cook for my baby during weekdays.

@tuna how goes it? Bubbles cried all the way from the jab to the nursing room, admonishing me as I nursed her. She also pooped almost as soon as we got home, but that could be backlog for past 2 days of no show XD

Fever begun about 2.45pm, 37.5℃. was wondering why she kept wanting to latch. Threw up a lot of milk after initial few drops of paracetamol. Now happily playing with her new bff, a buckwheat husk chouchou.

Rainy weather. Hope your lo fairs better‼

@snowfern - today not bad, cried 5 secs only, was already smiling when we left the vaccination room. So far no fever, napping already, weather is super cooling.
Bubbles took rotavirus 2nd dose as well as 5-in-1? Has her temp gone down?
I've forgotten about the middle of night poops after last jab, lucky you reminded me, I better use mamy poko tonight!

@snowfern - today not bad, cried 5 secs only, was already smiling when we left the vaccination room. So far no fever, napping already, weather is super cooling.
Bubbles took rotavirus 2nd dose as well as 5-in-1? Has her temp gone down?
I've forgotten about the middle of night poops after last jab, lucky you reminded me, I better use mamy poko tonight!
So brave little tuna! Bubbles so humji! Even rota try to spit out! Ya the 5-in-1 and rota...

Temp still hovering 37.5. I think if not for the paracetamol and cooling mat, sure much higher sigh. My stupid immunity sux. She pooped another frothy stinky bundle just after I posted. And just as I type the previous sentence, I heard a robust toot. Wonder if it's a wet one lol.

As with each vaccination, she tries something new. Today she blew a lot of raspberries, even with fingers in her mouth. And as per last 2 jabs, dunwan to sleep, keep babbling and latching. Not looking forward to the next dose of paracetamol :(

Trying to latch her to sleep now, but it seems there's a hidden message in my cleavage that she needs to decipher. Tracing it with her fingers for the past half hr. My neck and back are killing me!!!

So brave little tuna! Bubbles so humji! Even rota try to spit out! Ya the 5-in-1 and rota...

Temp still hovering 37.5. I think if not for the paracetamol and cooling mat, sure much higher sigh. My stupid immunity sux. She pooped another frothy stinky bundle just after I posted. And just as I type the previous sentence, I heard a robust toot. Wonder if it's a wet one lol.

As with each vaccination, she tries something new. Today she blew a lot of raspberries, even with fingers in her mouth. And as per last 2 jabs, dunwan to sleep, keep babbling and latching. Not looking forward to the next dose of paracetamol :(

Trying to latch her to sleep now, but it seems there's a hidden message in my cleavage that she needs to decipher. Tracing it with her fingers for the past half hr. My neck and back are killing me!!!
Bubbles so funny!!! Hope she's found the hidden treasure and stop the groping and sleep tight tonight.

Strangely, little tuna's poop after the jab smelt like char siew! And it's not because I had any.

Little tuna is into blowing raspberries too. And she's been alternating between loud squealing, excited shouting and cranky complaining for the whole day. Must keep carrying, niam ti ti, cannot put her down without crying, sigh, gonna be a long night.
Oh, forgot to mention she liked the rota, slurped up every drop.

Bubbles so funny!!! Hope she's found the hidden treasure and stop the groping and sleep tight tonight.

Strangely, little tuna's poop after the jab smelt like char siew! And it's not because I had any.

Little tuna is into blowing raspberries too. And she's been alternating between loud squealing, excited shouting and cranky complaining for the whole day. Must keep carrying, niam ti ti, cannot put her down without crying, sigh, gonna be a long night.
Oh, forgot to mention she liked the rota, slurped up every drop.
Yea it seems rota is supposed to be quite sweet and a number of mamas reported their bubs slurping it up, bubbles does not have a sweet tooth I guess. Or she just hates being forced to do things against her will lol we know who she takes after....

Little tuna seems to be on vacation rather than vaccination hor! Same as bubbles, the whole squealing shouting raspberrying niamteeteeing...about that play date lol it better be at a kid friendly place, decibels are gonna be hiiigh!

Managed to get her to finish the 3ml with a little of the paracetamol winding up in my mouth due to spittage. It really is cloyingly sweet. But no choice, even after wipedown, air-conditioning, cooling mat, fan, sleeveless romper...still 37.4. definitely not looking forward to the 2.30am dose.

Jiayou to the both of us! Hubby gonna take over hrly temp reads till 2.30 while I catch up on some sleep. What about you, flying solo?

@snowfern - I can imagine bubbles offering my mini-me her thumb and wailing because mine greedily chomped on it.

Do you all offer water to wash mouth after feeding LO paracetemol?.Else the sticky sweetness would transfer to boob when we latch? I scared of ants coming after me.

I'm flying solo, fortifying myself with chips now, haha!!

The princess stirred as I finished typing previous sentence, 37.9 C, quickly gave medicine, put cooling mat under her and stuck ice pack in her armpit. Now KO again.

@snowfern - I can imagine bubbles offering my mini-me her thumb and wailing because mine greedily chomped on it.

Do you all offer water to wash mouth after feeding LO paracetemol?.Else the sticky sweetness would transfer to boob when we latch? I scared of ants coming after me.

I'm flying solo, fortifying myself with chips now, haha!!

The princess stirred as I finished typing previous sentence, 37.9 C, quickly gave medicine, put cooling mat under her and stuck ice pack in her armpit. Now KO again.
Haha that would be a sight to see, better get our cameras ready XD maybe bubbles will try to eat your princess tuna's fist ley? :p

How's her temp now? Was it similar the last round?

We think alike ley. The first thing I did when we got back from the clinic was to change, clean my boobs with boiled cooled water and cotton pads, change her, wash hands, then latch. I usually only clean my nipples during shower but cos rota can cause us adults to have diarrhoea too, and is sweet, it just seemed like the next logical step (had latched her immediately after the jab).

As for paracetamol, since I know bubbles is a voracious, champion, marathon latcher... chances are she would clear any remnant paracetamol during her chuk sessions anyway so I didn't bother. Don't want to overstimulate my already overstimulated nipples haha

Latching her now. She's at 36.6, finally the fever broke. But will give her the next dose before her next feed, just in case, since from past experience her fever will return in the wee hours of the morning.

Jiayou! You have chips, I have fish keropok! So heaty, maybe should avoid until 48hrs over hor.... :(

Yea, I quickly showered after reaching home, paranoid about all the germs in polyclinic. But ooh, I didn't know rota can cause us to dio diarrhea also.
The last jab passed in a blur, hb was overseas, I was going out of my mind with the howling wind almost every night plus all the middle of night pooping and sleep regression. Fever lasted longer also. This time round seems milder, fever broke already (she feels cool, so I didn't take temp again, the beep from the thermometer always wakes her). Bubbles doesn't get woken by the beep? Or is there a silent thermometer in market, if so, pls intro me, must buy it.
As for our midnight snacks, just eat ba, drink more water can liao. Nothing can stand in the way of our snack, speaking of which, I am seriously craving for Texas fried chicken now!

One think I can say about this jab is that it hasn't dampened her love for flipping. Since she figured out flipping yesterday, she's been doing it the whole of last night in her sleep. After the jab, maybe more tired, instead of flipping herself, she keeps grabbing the front of my top to hoist herself for the flip. In her sleep.

Yea, I quickly showered after reaching home, paranoid about all the germs in polyclinic. But ooh, I didn't know rota can cause us to dio diarrhea also.
The last jab passed in a blur, hb was overseas, I was going out of my mind with the howling wind almost every night plus all the middle of night pooping and sleep regression. Fever lasted longer also. This time round seems milder, fever broke already (she feels cool, so I didn't take temp again, the beep from the thermometer always wakes her). Bubbles doesn't get woken by the beep? Or is there a silent thermometer in market, if so, pls intro me, must buy it.
As for our midnight snacks, just eat ba, drink more water can liao. Nothing can stand in the way of our snack, speaking of which, I am seriously craving for Texas fried chicken now!

One think I can say about this jab is that it hasn't dampened her love for flipping. Since she figured out flipping yesterday, she's been doing it the whole of last night in her sleep. After the jab, maybe more tired, instead of flipping herself, she keeps grabbing the front of my top to hoist herself for the flip. In her sleep.
Ya the nurse told me especially after handling her diapers must wash hands thoroughly or adults also can kena, very contagious!

Princess tuna also super light sleeper or is it just the beep? Mine also have beep but she only stirs a bit, think she not as bothered by it as little tuna is. Only non-beeping one would have to be mercury thermometer lor lol dunno where to find liow!

Eep. Been craving fried chicken for a while, up until last week I had shihlin almost weekly :X then kena wakeup call by a hg watsapp mummy that I am feeding bubbles junk food :( since then I cut down on junk snacks and switching back to pregnancy diet...but siong...still hungry all the time, and the hunger is worse than any cravings I've ever had especially after feeding!

This flipping phase seems fun ley. Little tuna so cute, even in her subconscious must..persevere...in.....her.....training... LOL

Just unlatched. Panadol her even tho her temp at 36.7, cos she is usually at 36.5, and was on rising trend since her midnight read of 36. If last jab is anything to go by, I have to wait till 48 hr mark before can breathe easy. Siong to solo this, hubby help me I already v tired, jiayou jiayou tuna!

How are the feverish babies doing? Hug hug the busy moms.

Haha lil tuna is so cute. Attempting the flip in her sleep. My gal still refuses to flip. Most of the time she just wanna talk. Yes she also blabber in her sleep. Motn I hear her talk but when I check on her, her eyes closed one leh.

Yesterday she was a lil fussy and I pushed my boobs to her. So happy she took them. While before, she got pekcek didn't wanna latch. I feel so nice again holding her to sleep while latching.

Hey Mummies! I missed out so much from here! Seems like all the babies are over for their fevers! Mummies must be tired from taking care of them.

Thought I can catch up sleep while overseas, in the end, I slept even lesser. :( Can't sleep well, I guess not used to sleeping alone nowadays. o_O

My boy right bottom tooth is quite obvious, but his left one haven't pop out. Is this something to worry about? I thought usually both teeth will pop out together one. He don't suck his right hand as often now, but prefer the left hand instead. I think it's slightly uncomfortable (maybe a bit painful) if he suck on his right with his tooth there.

Ya the nurse told me especially after handling her diapers must wash hands thoroughly or adults also can kena, very contagious!

Princess tuna also super light sleeper or is it just the beep? Mine also have beep but she only stirs a bit, think she not as bothered by it as little tuna is. Only non-beeping one would have to be mercury thermometer lor lol dunno where to find liow!

Eep. Been craving fried chicken for a while, up until last week I had shihlin almost weekly :X then kena wakeup call by a hg watsapp mummy that I am feeding bubbles junk food :( since then I cut down on junk snacks and switching back to pregnancy diet...but siong...still hungry all the time, and the hunger is worse than any cravings I've ever had especially after feeding!

This flipping phase seems fun ley. Little tuna so cute, even in her subconscious must..persevere...in.....her.....training... LOL

Just unlatched. Panadol her even tho her temp at 36.7, cos she is usually at 36.5, and was on rising trend since her midnight read of 36. If last jab is anything to go by, I have to wait till 48 hr mark before can breathe easy. Siong to solo this, hubby help me I already v tired, jiayou jiayou tuna!
She's a very light sleeper. Hb and older kids always get the "SHHH!! " from me because of this. Wahaha, no more non-beeping thermometer in market liao, then I don't feel like I'm missing out on some treasure.

I do think it's still OK to indulge in junk food once in a while, but if you are often hungry, perhaps can keep granola and some cereal (I like banana nut crunch) at home for those hunger pangs. I've not returned to work yet, so every night at 10 plus I snack. Either a bowl of nutty & fruity granola with flaxseed and some non-dairy beverage, or a bun, or chips and a cup of coffee once in a while when I feel deserving of an extra treat. Don't go down guilt road because of the Shihlin chicken la, most of the time u eat healthy, so it's OK one. Do non-dairy drinks like rice milk, oat milk, quinoa milk aggravate Bubbles' reflux?

@redvel - your LO so ji za, sleep also must talk :D kawaii!!
The flip will happen anytime one. Once she starts, really ma fun. A simple diaper-change session takes triple the time because she just refuses to lie flat. The second I flip her back, she flips to front again. At times I give up just change her on my bed, use one leg to kiap her down, then fast hand fast leg change her. Despite all this flipping, she still HATEs being on her tummy, flip liao will yell to be rescued (?!?).

Awesome that your girl is back to bonding via latching! It does make soothing a fussy baby easier.

@sarah - you're back! Got do shopping?
On teething, ok leh, I remember both bottom teeth didn't pop out at same time. The other came out very shortly after the first appeared.

@tuna oh U haven't return to work ?
Ya changing diaper is challenging, the worse I ever get is after manage to grab him to lay on his back then wanna stick the diaper he suddenly pee .. Shoot up..

@tuna i went on this trip with my boss, it's like bringing an old man along. Shag!~ HAHA No time to shop, but the weather definitely make me happy.

Ok, shall monitor and see if the next teeth pop out soon HAHA~

It's so exciting to see teeth! Still waiting for my gal to pop out hers.

Somehow my gal is very ji za. Even during pooping she makes the gek sai face but still talking away at same time.

Hello everyone, so fast the yr LO are taking their 5mths jabs. Jia you is battling the fever!! Mine just took her hep B 2 days ago.

Anyone encounter when latching yr LO, halfway they move very vigorously then unlatch and latch back again. Mine started this 2 days ago. Then like lazy to open her mouth to latch. Even during night time too. How you all manage to snack at night?

Also, where did you all buy your Tula carrier from? Cause I am planning to buy one soon but not sure should go down to the baby fair to buy anot.

@tuna aiya. Bubbles fever again. She seemed OK at 7pm, 36.9, so I told hubby to take her with him to open letterbox. Come back up nia 37.8. quickly gave her panadol, of course she cried and fussed. Then wah ...she chut new pattern, refused to look at me for a good few minutes after. Know how to throw temper liow lor. Wiped her down, still 37.4. if this is anything like the last time, expecting it to hit mid to high 38.

She's now sleeping on a daiso inflatable neck pillow with cooling gel that I refrigerated earlier in case of such a situation. And of course, the trusty Avent gel pad!

Snacks wise..since delivery I have not exactly been a good girl lol. I still sparingly take sweet drinks. But definitely caught up on the fried and junk food lol. I'm now trying soy milk again, not so keen on trying too many new foods until I figure out one by one what the more common foods I have to avoid. Oat milk is a tad too sweet, I am still diabetic after all :( and I suspect oats to be problematic too, but back then I was eating all sorts of dairy, spicy and oats, difficult to pinpoint. I will try it again once she's more stable.

Another long night. How's little tuna?

Back