2016/07 July babies

My boy also started shedding hair, and he kept rubbing his head on the side whenever he's going to sleep or when he's about to wake up. The way he rub, I scared he will rub until his hair fall off.

Whenever I see my hair on the floor I'll panicked and tell my hub I'm dropping hair badly! He just brush me off saying just a strand only, you still have a head full. o_O Guys...just don't understand....

To give you a better idea - It looks just like this!

View attachment 658034

My husband got enfamil from bugis cold storage. We also got it as standby.

I am also worried that my little one will reject frozen breast milk. I have a few plans. Two weeks before I return to work, I shall :

1. Try serving maybe 50ml of frozen breast milk to test if little one drinks Anot. If reject, at least heart not that pain. Can use the remaining to soak baby's legs.

2. If plan 1 (100% fbm) fails, I shall Serve frozen breast milk mix with fresh breast milk or fridge breast milk. And slowly increase the proportion of frozen breast milk over time. No choice but to somehow make the little one accept frozen breast milk by hook or by crook because it is liquid gold. Very precious and hard to squeeze out.

3. Formula as the last resort.

On a side note, For Full breastfeeding mums, how do u pack your breastmilk? According to the little one's feed or based on whatever you pump out.

Do U plan to exclusively breastfeed for 6mths? i worried that my stash not enough to use ;(
KWL - are you able to pump at work? I managed to sustain pumping in office for 1 yr for both elder kids, switched to fresh cow's milk when they were about 14 mths, after frozen stash all used up and I stopped pumping.
In office, what I pump will be used for bb's feed next day (hence pack in storage bottles), will use fbm only when it's near to expiry. Any excess that I pump will be stored in storage bag, I'll just put the Max in the bag so as not to waste it.
Bb has been rejecting the bottle last wk and today when I left her with my mum to run some errands, kept gagging or pushing the teat out with her tongue :eek: Prior to that, the last time she was bottle fed was 2 wks back, no problem leh. Dunno why suddenly chu pattern. If you've been latching most times like me, you may want to start to bottle feed ebm / mixed fbm + ebm early, ask hb to do it? Don't wait till 2 wks before you return to work ba, else not enough time to ease bb into it.

Any one taking tonic/supplements? Just weighed my boy today and he's Abt 6.1kg... Last weighed 2 weeks ago 6kg... Thot his growth spurt is over but slow weight gain, perhaps my milk is not nutritious enough...
Is there a growth spurt at week 10-12? I realized my LO is able to finish 110 ml in a feed when she only drinks ard 70-80ml for the past 2 weeks..

Will baby really reject fbm? After reading all the comments here, I'm really very scared. I haven let my LO tried on fbm n maybe I should try it this weekend since I'm going for a staycation n my LO will be at my mum place. But if they r super hungry guess they will have no choice right? Actually I feel that chilled bm also doesn't taste nice as fresh bm.

Gan1972: u only pump twice a day now? In this case won't your supply be lesser now, I also a bit lazy now. Have been pumping 5-5.5 hrs n feel so guilty that my supply reduced. So now I think 4 hrly is the optimal since I'm a bit lazy n yet I dun want to reduce my supply. Work so hard to build up my supply n if I dun pump frequently, think my bm will stop Liao, esp I'm going to Australia in November for 8 days. Really scare that will greatly reduced my milk supply. I tot of pumping in the toilet when I'm in Australia.

Talking abt qoo10, I juz bought $120 worth of loots yesterday and today it's giving out $20 voucher for $120 worth of shipping.. Make me so upset!!!

KWL - are you able to pump at work? I managed to sustain pumping in office for 1 yr for both elder kids, switched to fresh cow's milk when they were about 14 mths, after frozen stash all used up and I stopped pumping.
In office, what I pump will be used for bb's feed next day (hence pack in storage bottles), will use fbm only when it's near to expiry. Any excess that I pump will be stored in storage bag, I'll just put the Max in the bag so as not to waste it.
Bb has been rejecting the bottle last wk and today when I left her with my mum to run some errands, kept gagging or pushing the teat out with her tongue :eek: Prior to that, the last time she was bottle fed was 2 wks back, no problem leh. Dunno why suddenly chu pattern. If you've been latching most times like me, you may want to start to bottle feed ebm / mixed fbm + ebm early, ask hb to do it? Don't wait till 2 wks before you return to work ba, else not enough time to ease bb into it.

Latching most of the time and at most bottle feed once in a day. If I go to my mum's place, it will be primarily a bottle-fed day cos I take the chance to rest. We also facing bottle resistance. My mum says 小的要跟我打架!等一下你以为我捏他的屁股。

I have only tried bottle feeding with fresh breast milk and Ebm. I have not tried frozen bm. I heard got metallic taste and if u thaw in fridge 24 hours before, it will be worse. Some recommend defrosting it under running tap to minimize that foul taste. I have yet to experiment the various permutations to find the optimal way for my mum (principal caregiver) and baby. I don't want it to be too complicated for my mum also.

I am currently storing 1-2 packets of frozen breast milk a day (packed in 110ml to max 180ml) on top of direct latching and EBM (maintained at 2 feeds cos they can only last 48hours). Unless going out, any excess EBM will go to freezer.

I am able to pump at work, but it won't be a routine timing. Work is hectic so It will likely be based on pockets of time that I am able to squeeze out in between the heavy schedule. On top of that, I will be the one ferrying the little one to and fro my mum place. I think it will be another round of sleep deprived and weight loss mode.

I seem to have inflamed Montgomery gland on the left. Now trying to get the small one to help me suck out and using hot bath to alleviate the pain. Breastfeeding journey 真的不简单

Oh yes. Redvel shared the baby gym YouTube previously. My little one enjoyed those exercises. Always smiling hahaha

Oh yes. Redvel shared the baby gym YouTube previously. My little one enjoyed those exercises. Always smiling hahaha
Oh yes! I have been doing those exercises too but she seems rather blase about it, prefers reading time to exercise. No surprises, lol, takes after us! And I still can't get her to stay on tummy time for more than 2 mins before she gets upset, wonder if it's due to her colic?

Is there a growth spurt at week 10-12? I realized my LO is able to finish 110 ml in a feed when she only drinks ard 70-80ml for the past 2 weeks..
FB_IMG_1474153845332.jpg

Got this off someone's comment on FB, seems bubbles has had more stormy than sunny seasons in the past 9 weeks tho lol

My boy also started shedding hair, and he kept rubbing his head on the side whenever he's going to sleep or when he's about to wake up. The way he rub, I scared he will rub until his hair fall off.

Whenever I see my hair on the floor I'll panicked and tell my hub I'm dropping hair badly! He just brush me off saying just a strand only, you still have a head full. o_O Guys...just don't understand....
Ehhhh bubbles also likes to self-soothe or while sidefeeding stroke her own hair...at first I was worried cos she would sometimes grab and tug at it. But I guess she figured out it hurts cos she's stopped doing it soon after I discovered her sayang-ing herself XD

I had very thin hair due to too much medication prior to pregnancy, and my mil is the one giving me grief over it. So weird. Keeps bugging me to put Japanese hair lotion (yo-something, forgot) and insists hair is the most important aspect of human looks....blah blah. Refuses to let me shave bubbles' hair, saying it's better to leave it patchy than bald. Of course I wouldn't want to be balding, but it's not the end of the world if I am lor. So enjoying what's left of the luscious pregnancy locks, maybe I should take a few more selfies wahaha

any mummies co-sleeping with baby? And co-sleeping meaning putting baby in between?

It has been quite a breeze for us since I can easily direct latch the little one and all of us get decent sleep at night. However, My husband wanTs the little one to be more independent. He wanna try to start training the little one to sleep alone in cot at night. Thinking whether we should let the little one stay in own room or sleep in our room.

Now that little one is still considerably young, it might be easier to make the change. Can share experience and views? How long does the transition period typically take?

Gan1972: u only pump twice a day now? In this case won't your supply be lesser now, I also a bit lazy now. Have been pumping 5-5.5 hrs n feel so guilty that my supply reduced. So now I think 4 hrly is the optimal since I'm a bit lazy n yet I dun want to reduce my supply. Work so hard to build up my supply n if I dun pump frequently, think my bm will stop Liao, esp I'm going to Australia in November for 8 days. Really scare that will greatly reduced my milk supply. I tot of pumping in the toilet when I'm in Australia.
@verluv my supply has gone down quite abit , but no choice as quite impossible to pump at work due to the busy schedule . So I plan to pump twice a day morning and night so that I can still give her 3-4 feeds of ebm and the rest she will take fbm....hopefully she is ok with the fbm.

You don't latch your baby? I kinda regret not persisting to latch and ended being an exclusively pumping mummy...pumping is so much more 麻烦!

@KWL I thought bm in fridge can last more than 48 hours?

I have already given up pumping but I do hand express instead. I find setting up the Medela very ma fan. Plus the washing. Sometimes when baby cries even more ma fan to remove the hardware from me and then put back again after settling her. So hand express seems much a breeze. And I'm so used to hand express now that I don't have to carry the whole medela pump with me when going to Inlaw place. Just watch iPad YouTube while expressing.

FM I don't keep more than 48hrs in fridge too.

My gal sheds hair since 2-3wks ago (9-10wk old). Touch wood mine hasn't started. But the hairline at my forehead starting to be itchy sometimes. Paranoid... Maybe sign of dropping hair soon.

I stick to 48hr for refrigerated milk. Hey all let baby sleep I cot since day 1? Oh no! I need to correct this asap

any mummies co-sleeping with baby? And co-sleeping meaning putting baby in between?

It has been quite a breeze for us since I can easily direct latch the little one and all of us get decent sleep at night. However, My husband wanTs the little one to be more independent. He wanna try to start training the little one to sleep alone in cot at night. Thinking whether we should let the little one stay in own room or sleep in our room.

Now that little one is still considerably young, it might be easier to make the change. Can share experience and views? How long does the transition period typically take?
We co-sleep, yeap, she's between us. Find life a breeze this way. She stirs, I wake and latch her and peace reigns. Did this for all 3 kids. I don't have the guts or energy to train her to sleep in cot, so I guess we'll be co-sleeping for quite a while.
How will you do the change? Rock bb to sleep then place him in the cot, or will it be more of training him to fall asleep by himself in the cot? I think of the training already feel very tired, lol! Share your experience when you start OK?

Ehhhh bubbles also likes to self-soothe or while sidefeeding stroke her own hair...at first I was worried cos she would sometimes grab and tug at it. But I guess she figured out it hurts cos she's stopped doing it soon after I discovered her sayang-ing herself XD

I had very thin hair due to too much medication prior to pregnancy, and my mil is the one giving me grief over it. So weird. Keeps bugging me to put Japanese hair lotion (yo-something, forgot) and insists hair is the most important aspect of human looks....blah blah. Refuses to let me shave bubbles' hair, saying it's better to leave it patchy than bald. Of course I wouldn't want to be balding, but it's not the end of the world if I am lor. So enjoying what's left of the luscious pregnancy locks, maybe I should take a few more selfies wahaha
Is it the jap hair tonic Yanagiya or something like that? I bought that before delivery, i apply it at times, not sure if it helps with hair growth or prevent hair loss, but the tingling sensation it leaves on scalp quite shiok.
My bb pulls her hair and twists her ear when she's feeding. I don't know why, it looks painful :confused:

Yesterday I dressed her in a sleeveless romper, and that's also the first time I've such a clear access to her armpits :D wa, discovered some dirt between the folds, probably from when she was in the womb (yeeks!) Quickly scrubbed her clean. Felt like such a bad mommy, nvr clean her properly.

Is it the jap hair tonic Yanagiya or something like that? I bought that before delivery, i apply it at times, not sure if it helps with hair growth or prevent hair loss, but the tingling sensation it leaves on scalp quite shiok.
My bb pulls her hair and twists her ear when she's feeding. I don't know why, it looks painful :confused:

Yesterday I dressed her in a sleeveless romper, and that's also the first time I've such a clear access to her armpits :D wa, discovered some dirt between the folds, probably from when she was in the womb (yeeks!) Quickly scrubbed her clean. Felt like such a bad mommy, nvr clean her properly.
@tuna not only you, I also noticed the dirt in my baby's underarm recently! I quickly put some baby lotion on cotton pad to clean them off :(

My baby started to reject bottle (Nuk) these few days. My friend said sometimes bottles make a diff and she suggested to use Pigeon bottles, and it seems my baby prefers it to Nuk.

Hehe mine is the dirt on ears! Don't know how long it has been there. Part of the ears as well as the back. Harden already. Even can scrap it off one big pc. Only recently found out too. I know what you mean by bad mother.

Tried co sleep 3 of us and hubby said he almost fell off bed. I think King size better la. Mine queen. At night usually I latch her and she will fall sleep and I transfer to her cot. Now that she sucks hands, she can sometime suck until fall asleep in cot. But afternoon she just cannot sleep long in cot. Prefers bouncer. Or even our bed.

Anyone tried Friso milk?

Was at pd earlier. Baby seems to drop her input gradually since 2weeks ago but her weight gain is fine. So she asks me not to worry but if i wanna try to switch milk, she suggests Friso as it tastes "better".

I co-sleep with my girl too. As she tends to play with her saliva so much that at times she choke herself. So if she's sleeping beside me i can carry her upright position in split second. Feeding makes it easier as well :)

Now all four of us are sleeping in the same room...number 2 in baby cot, number one with us on the bed..we kena all the kungfu kicks n boxes as number one can go from vertical to horizontal ...
She is 5 plus and we are not successful in making her sleep in her own room. I m thinking of shifting number 2 out earlier when she can sleep through the night...can't imagine four of us on one bed...even king size also no use!

Latching most of the time and at most bottle feed once in a day. If I go to my mum's place, it will be primarily a bottle-fed day cos I take the chance to rest. We also facing bottle resistance. My mum says 小的要跟我打架!等一下你以为我捏他的屁股。

I have only tried bottle feeding with fresh breast milk and Ebm. I have not tried frozen bm. I heard got metallic taste and if u thaw in fridge 24 hours before, it will be worse. Some recommend defrosting it under running tap to minimize that foul taste. I have yet to experiment the various permutations to find the optimal way for my mum (principal caregiver) and baby. I don't want it to be too complicated for my mum also.

I am currently storing 1-2 packets of frozen breast milk a day (packed in 110ml to max 180ml) on top of direct latching and EBM (maintained at 2 feeds cos they can only last 48hours). Unless going out, any excess EBM will go to freezer.

I am able to pump at work, but it won't be a routine timing. Work is hectic so It will likely be based on pockets of time that I am able to squeeze out in between the heavy schedule. On top of that, I will be the one ferrying the little one to and fro my mum place. I think it will be another round of sleep deprived and weight loss mode.

I seem to have inflamed Montgomery gland on the left. Now trying to get the small one to help me suck out and using hot bath to alleviate the pain. Breastfeeding journey 真的不简单
Defrosting under running water? Won't it take a long time? Will you be trying out different bottles on your bb? Like what starview shared, her bb rejecting Nuk but takes pigeon. I use both Avent and Pigeon but her Royal Highness starts a mini war with my mum with both. Fortunately I'm not going back to work so soon as I'm clearing all my leave, so I hv a couple more months with her, think will hv to bring her over to mum more often to get her used to bottles again.

I had that inflammation last month, extremely painful lump near underarm area. Kept latching and also used lavender oil to massage the area. Took 2 days to clear. I understand your distress, massage hard ok?
This bb more 伤脑筋,older kids never had issues with bottles or fbm, also never experienced any breast feeding problems with them. Challenging!

For 1st 2 weeks I tried my best to let her sleep in cot, but by the end of third week was her first growth spurt and cannot tahan, so started sidefeeding. All this, colic, and a strong letdown, co-sleeping just made sense.

Am still trying my best to get her to sleep in the cot, it only works if she is in very deep sleep, and environment is cool enough. I think I should also remove some of her toys /mobiles as it might be too much stimulus for her to sleep....

We are hoping to transition her into her own bedroom by 6 mths, however facing resistance from mil again. She insists that we co-sleep till bb is 5 yrs old -peng- I guess she just doesn't want her sleep interrupted by a noisy toddler. I hope that once bb colic resolves, and able to sttn, I will start on sleep training. But I read that is difficult while breastfeeding, and on that issue, I'm still on the fence about whether I should continue beyond my original plan of 6-8mths....

@redvel - OK, now I realise I have nvr examined behind her ears too :oops: only cleaned the folds of her ears with cotton bud dipped in oil, really can get rid of the hardened crusty dirt in the folds.

@gan - if it's any consolation to you, we only moved our elder girl to her own rm recently last yr, she's 7. I've had friends who got their kids to pick out their room's decor, and it helps the kid form an attachment to the room as her/his own. Not sure if it would help your girl move to her own room? Maybe get her to pick out glow in the dark stickers that can be affixed to wall, and have a night light beside bed?

Hidden dirt! I was inhaling bubbles' scent last night and noticed her ears were smelling musky, I don't have a habit of fiddling with ears as they are self-cleaning, but I might have forgotten to dry the outer ear properly, got a piece of tissue and twisted it to clean, ack, small dirty pieces of yuk haha.

原来so many co-sleepers. I am going to change history tonight by forcing the little one to sleep at own cot and in own room. Not too sure how long this will take. Will share success and failure story soon.

I already standby tilam and some snacks beside baby cot to prepare for the long night. It will be an endurance game between little one and me. Our war will begin at about 9pm today.

On dirty armpits and ears, Did u all also check the folds between the neck? Potential area to have sticky and foul smelling whitish stuff due to sweat.

On bottles, little one is taking forever to drink from bottle and will do installments as there is a preference for direct latch. So I normally get my mum to feed instead because the moment I carry, the face and mouth will auto turn to my breast.

I just checked, it's called Yohmo Tonic, my grandma used to swear by it too....I just don't like any scented stuff on me, and it's pretty strong smelling, though not unpleasant. Only about $18+ per bottle iirc?

During first week I neglected to wash her hands properly, and when I was playing with her hands one day, smelt something funky and found lint stuck between the fold of her thumb and forefinger XD since then, been pretty vigilant about folds, especially since she's filling out quite a bit!

Yes yes the neck oh smelly neck (but i love kissing that smelly part). I clean twice a day with just water and cloth. Still got some smell. Dab a bit of baby powder.

On neck dirt, discovered the funky smell a few wks back, it took me 3 days to locate the source! Was sniffing my underarms, my boobs (thought my milk became bad for some reason!), her mouth for days! When I finally saw the whitish wet stuff in the folds of her neck which was slightly red and raw looking, I felt so so bad! From then on, been taking pains to scrub the neck folds clean with my finger during her baths, and ensuring that the area is dried after bath, and airdried by propping her head back for a while
Think other than dirt buildup, the neck became like that becos it's kinda difficult to dry that part, hence it's constantly moist and warm.

@KWL - Victory to you for today's game! Press on! If we don't hear from you tmr, I guess it means you are still recuperating from tonight's war :D

My boy co-sleep with us every night. Even though I have a king bed, we still sleep almost to the edge of the bed. My boy will sleep with both his hands open wide wide, so both of us have to siam to the side. :confused: Am thinking to start training him to sleep in his whole room, but my hub say this way we need to switch on aircon for 2 rooms waste electricity o_O

Speaking about the dirt, I can't see my boy's neck. His cheek is too heavy liao. Now he got heat rash. Put some baby powder also no use. Headache. Thinking to go find Doc and see see.

I'm also an EP mum, prefer to know how much my boy drinks. So tiring to pump and then feed him, but no choice. Since going back to work soon, for the past few nights I will DL him and he will fall asleep. The thing is after he sleep I will still go pump out. Though it's lesser, but still I can yield about 50ml, then I'll be worried whether he takes enough milk a not. He will STTN after his last feeding around 8+ 9pm and wake up next morning around 730-8am. So it's almost 12 hours without drinking. :eek:

Anyway, any mums here going for the July babies 100 days celebrations? JULbilee?

Planning to go, so might be able to meet up some of you mummies!

Anyway, any mums here going for the July babies 100 days celebrations? JULbilee?

Planning to go, so might be able to meet up some of you mummies!

I also hope to be able to go, must reserve tix by 30th Sept right? Right now no mood cos my csec wound is starting to hurt again, wondering if keloid scars are forming is why :(

As to neck folds, I tried to be vigilant but it is so difficult! So far the kodomo lotion powder seems to be working, and during bath time I make extra effort to wipe it as clean as possible....

So coincidental! Bubbles' thighs started getting heat rash too, I used j&j baby lotion (pink) after wiping them down w cotton pad and cooled boiled water, and it seems to be helping...not sure if really heat rash or eczema tho...

We are bringing the 2 kiddos for 2d1n staycation tomorrow...the thought of packing already makes me tired,

I am bringing my pigeon steriliser...does this sound crazy!?

We are bringing the 2 kiddos for 2d1n staycation tomorrow...the thought of packing already makes me tired,

Hehehe not fond of using boiling hot water to sterilize huh? I don't like to bring too many lingling longlong in case I leave anything behind, but if it gives u peace of mind, no, not crazy at all!

Not at all. Before preggie, my 1N staycation I packed like a 5D trip. Go for it man. Enjoy!

I can imagine my next staycation I'll reduce my share of the luggage.

Hehehe not fond of using boiling hot water to sterilize huh? I don't like to bring too many lingling longlong in case I leave anything behind, but if it gives u peace of mind, no, not crazy at all!
Not at all. Before preggie, my 1N staycation I packed like a 5D trip. Go for it man. Enjoy!

I can imagine my next staycation I'll reduce my share of the luggage.
I m OCD when comes to kiddos, though must say I am more relax with number 2!

@redvel definitely your share will reduce, the princess has overtaken the queen!

Not crazy at all! I brought my Avent warmer during my staycation too! :) Hahahaha! Usually just a bagpack for overnight stay, but this time I brought a cabin size luggage! :confused: All bb's stuff lol

Hi anyone going for the July babies meet up on 12 November at great eastern 11am -2pm ? I feel like going but my sec sch have carnival on this day too! Dilemma now..Don't know can make it to two events on same day or not

Hi anyone going for the July babies meet up on 12 November at great eastern 11am -2pm ? I feel like going but my sec sch have carnival on this day too! Dilemma now..Don't know can make it to two events on same day or not

Yes I'm going! Snowfern is also going! :) I got a lunch wedding reception that day too, but gonna turn down that one :(

Anyone tried Friso milk?

Was at pd earlier. Baby seems to drop her input gradually since 2weeks ago but her weight gain is fine. So she asks me not to worry but if i wanna try to switch milk, she suggests Friso as it tastes "better".
Hi redvel, my PD told me Friso don't have DHA. Maybe u wanna try mamil or nan. I heard nan taste quite good too.

Hi redvel, my PD told me Friso don't have DHA. Maybe u wanna try mamil or nan. I heard nan taste quite good too.

@redvel My boy drinks Friso Milk, cause I see my SIL fed her son this since birth so I also follow her. He didn't reject the milk when we gave him his first taste in hospital so even when we're back I also bought a can of Friso for backup.

@emk Don't have DHA? Hmmm, I thought DHA is the basic ingredient of all FM? Anyway, under the ingredients DHA is inside. ;)

Thanks thanks. I still have half tin of 900g and a fresh 400g Enfamil. If she still fusses I'll change after when done with these leftovers. Will google about the dha.

Back