Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I rested abt half a year between the cycle. Ya. All fresh cycle, no frozen embryo.

Ic.. So i am not the only one who drag long between cycle.. I c ppl all one cycle after another within 2 -3 mths..
Me all fresh too..2nd failed was in nov/dec.. Now still thinking if june is dragging too long.. Stressed even b4 starting..

Ic.. So i am not the only one who drag long between cycle.. I c ppl all one cycle after another within 2 -3 mths..
Me all fresh too..2nd failed was in nov/dec.. Now still thinking if june is dragging too long.. Stressed even b4 starting..
Hi, just take your time and be patience. I got no choice, hv to do it in march before i turn 40 next month.

Hi everyone! I was told that medicated FET cycle takes 6 weeks to go through the pills etc before insertion of the embryo. Is that true? Or insertion of embryo is included in the 6 weeks? Can anyone advise? I am waiting for my menses to come to start on Mercilon. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I was told that medicated FET cycle takes 6 weeks to go through the pills etc before insertion of the embryo. Is that true? Or insertion of embryo is included in the 6 weeks? Can anyone advise? I am waiting for my menses to come to start on Mercilon. Thanks!
Yes about 6 weeks.. U with Nuh? I thought the lab is gg to close for Reno till June? U can still start now?

Yes about 6 weeks.. U with Nuh? I thought the lab is gg to close for Reno till June? U can still start now?

Yup with NUH. The reno is only two weeks I heard in April, not going to be affected by it I'm sure. I'm currently eating my Duphaston to induce menses and then will start mercilon once menses come. No one at CHR said I can't start so I still go with the plans.

So the 6 weeks is including the transfer or just on meds?

Yup with NUH. The reno is only two weeks I heard in April, not going to be affected by it I'm sure. I'm currently eating my Duphaston to induce menses and then will start mercilon once menses come. No one at CHR said I can't start so I still go with the plans.

So the 6 weeks is including the transfer or just on meds?
6 weeks from the start till ET, exclude 2ww. But the 6 weeks is from starting mercilon I guess

I am currently taking mercilon. Yes, its a 6 weeks thingy....think likely my FET is end of Apr or early May. PC Wong going long leave in May for 3 weeks.

Hi ladies, I'm finally on Mercilon and is on day 3 today. Anyone felt bloated while talking Mercilon?? Cos I start to have this bloated feeling after eating a dose from the second day.

Looks like we may be cycle buddies! My FET should be that week too!
hi andreanie...nice to know they are frens cycling with me :). I will be having my injection tomolo.

I feel abit nausea taking the mercilon but still within management level. Hope your bloatness goes off after your body adapt to the mercilon.

hi andreanie...nice to know they are frens cycling with me :). I will be having my injection tomolo.

I feel abit nausea taking the mercilon but still within management level. Hope your bloatness goes off after your body adapt to the mercilon.

Hello! :) My injection is next week on the 7th! do you have to do any endo scratching?

I hope my bloatedness will soon go off!

Hi, i just did the ET an hour ago..hee..feeling ok..for me, the worse of the entire cycle has over cos i hate waiting for the OR to know how many eggs are retrived and also to wait for the embryologist to call. Those calls are dreadful for me.
I see. How many did you transfer? Got snowbb this round?

Hi all,
This is my 2nd ivf journey. Can anyone share what is the purpose of taking this noresthiserone.
What are the pros and cons.

nope. this is my 2nd time with prof pc wong. But is first time using this new protocol.
is there any side effect while using this med?
I don't have any side effects, not sure about others. It's a pill which ladies will take if they want to delay menses eg if go holiday or camping.. So it's not a pill just for IVFers

Just wondering since u just did your medicated FET, do you need to do endo scratching on day 14 of this cycle?
Endo scratch is something not recommended by prof. But I requested to do for this round. I did my endo scratch in Jan I think, but don't think it's done on day 14 of the cycle. my et was mid March. U just tell doc u want to do endo scratch then he will advise u when u should do it

Endo scratch is something not recommended by prof. But I requested to do for this round. I did my endo scratch in Jan I think, but don't think it's done on day 14 of the cycle. my et was mid March. U just tell doc u want to do endo scratch then he will advise u when u should do it

Oh I have to do another round of endo scratch this coming Thursday. The first time was under GA so it wasn't painful at all. But not this coming one, so wondering how was the pain for you? was it painful??

Oh I have to do another round of endo scratch this coming Thursday. The first time was under GA so it wasn't painful at all. But not this coming one, so wondering how was the pain for you? was it painful??
How come first one can do under Ga? I did in prof clinic, popped painkillers before I do.. It's very achy type of pain, Like menses cramp. The most painful menses cramp I ever had.. Lol

How come first one can do under Ga? I did in prof clinic, popped painkillers before I do.. It's very achy type of pain, Like menses cramp. The most painful menses cramp I ever had.. Lol

The first time was under GA cos when doc tried to do it with trial catheter, he found out that my womb have shifted higher than before birth. So can't do it. Same reason as why I didn't go through the ET this time cos he can't find his way up to my womb.
So now have to do FET and this Thursday will do another trial catheter with endo scratch. If cannot still, not sure what's the next step, have to wait for this Thursday first. Hopefully all goes well and I'll make sure to pop the panadols like you recommended!

Quick question babe.. What painkillers did U eat and how many hours before? Must be full bladder?

Hey sisters,
Just want to share, a long story in a short manner, to encourage all of u while not bringing up too much of tearful past.
Both hubby and i are in our early thirties, both have some issues but fixable with ivf. So went through 2 fresh cycles n a few frozen cycles in one year plus with no results. Everytime lining was good, embryos were good to very good
quality. The last cycle the dr whacked me with everything he thought was reasonable n evidence based but still no results. My 38 yo sister who failed ivf fresh n frozen a few times found herself got pregnant naturally after a few mths of tcm n accupuncture. This encouraged me to give it a go properly ie both hubby n i took tcm together and i went for accupuncture weekly then later twice a week (hubby cannot tolerate the accupuncture). At the same time i adopted a rabbit and found she helped me get rid of lots of negative thoughts and have better relationship with family n learn to be good parents. Never delay to get a pet for fear of getting pregnant anytime soon because it reallyis therapeutic in itself. More lately my sister mentioned above delivered a healthy baby boy which strengthened my faith that God has given us an innate ability to reproduce and it is his desire for us to be fruitful n multiply. all things will be beautiful in His time. Ok ok so long story short, i got my bfp "naturally" without ivf recently and i m thankful to God who provides and gives. He is the Creator of medical science and traditional chinese medicine and He sent us good drs and tcm physicians to helpus in this not so ideal world. I want to encourage some of u who have multiple unexplained failed ivfs to try to see tcm with an open mind and consider giving it a go. My hubby and i are the strongest resistance in the family for tcm because of our jobs. It was even harder for my hubby to consider. But now our lives are sweetly changed by tcm and we are grateful.

Hey sisters,
Just want to share, a long story in a short manner, to encourage all of u while not bringing up too much of tearful past.
Both hubby and i are in our early thirties, both have some issues but fixable with ivf. So went through 2 fresh cycles n a few frozen cycles in one year plus with no results. Everytime lining was good, embryos were good to very good
quality. The last cycle the dr whacked me with everything he thought was reasonable n evidence based but still no results. My 38 yo sister who failed ivf fresh n frozen a few times found herself got pregnant naturally after a few mths of tcm n accupuncture. This encouraged me to give it a go properly ie both hubby n i took tcm together and i went for accupuncture weekly then later twice a week (hubby cannot tolerate the accupuncture). At the same time i adopted a rabbit and found she helped me get rid of lots of negative thoughts and have better relationship with family n learn to be good parents. Never delay to get a pet for fear of getting pregnant anytime soon because it reallyis therapeutic in itself. More lately my sister mentioned above delivered a healthy baby boy which strengthened my faith that God has given us an innate ability to reproduce and it is his desire for us to be fruitful n multiply. all things will be beautiful in His time. Ok ok so long story short, i got my bfp "naturally" without ivf recently and i m thankful to God who provides and gives. He is the Creator of medical science and traditional chinese medicine and He sent us good drs and tcm physicians to helpus in this not so ideal world. I want to encourage some of u who have multiple unexplained failed ivfs to try to see tcm with an open mind and consider giving it a go. My hubby and i are the strongest resistance in the family for tcm because of our jobs. It was even harder for my hubby to consider. But now our lives are sweetly changed by tcm and we are grateful.
Do you mind sharing what are the issues u and hubby have? Which Tcm are u with?

Hey sisters,
Praise the Lord! Congrats to you! Thanks for sharing your beautiful story :)

Hey sisters,
can advise which tcm you are with?

i go to thomson chinese medicine in thomson medical centre (it is also much much nearer to my house as we need to go down there every week) while my sister went to thomson chinese medicine in NUH, the level 4 medical centre one.
if u gonna try, please do choose a good reputable one with good medical hygiene and physicians registered with singapore health authorities for your own safety. thank you.

Back