Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

I agree, but if it's your relatives, then it can be a big headache. I have a maternal aunt who underwent IVF decades back and she has 2 kids aged maybe 22 and 16 years old respectively. For the initial years, her own family members were talking behind their back, saying all the rubbish stuff, like "why the ivf baby has blue eyes, is it because the sperm comes from an ang moh?" (which is totally untrue), "the kid is so naughty, because he's not "natural" (again, it's rubbish)" blah blah blah, so I am not sure if the relatives ever told the children that they were via IVF and all the rubbish things and if yes, how the children felt. Kids tend to view other opinions very seriously and if it's negative, it may have an impact on their overall well-being.

It's just sad that some older folks see IVF children as different, lack of knowledge.

In fact, fertilization still depends on the egg n sperm alone. its up to them whether they fused and it's still not out of god's will. Implantation is also another natural factor so that's why success rate is not 100%.

The lab only help to give better environment for sperm to fuse with the egg. So to say, if it's out of god's will, why will there still be unsuccess???

I told my friends and relatives I've been tru so much and even though I'm lucky with twins pregnancy in first ivf but it was not a smooth process. don't care about folks cos their knowledge is limited.

Hi mummies, anyone interested in this pair of maternity Bermudas. I accidentally bought 2 from taobao Alamak. XL size but generally taobao sizes tend to be smaller. Just pm me your address and I'll mail to you. No worries it is free. First come first serve, ladies. Let me know. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByForum1454541811.930906.jpg

Yes. I was initially upset and angry too when my boss refused my 3 days MC for the 2ww and asked me to take advanced annual leave since it's not a sickness. I see a pte doctor hence not under company list of panel hence, i din argue.

Then she further commented that her son said that it is against god will to do ivf and she feels likewise. Repeated twice in the conversation. I already told her it's bcos we tried for 5yrs. Hence, I also dun want to talk much to other colleagues except a few close ones.

As im having twins, it's also hard to not tell others that i conceived from ivf. I just said that my sister has twins (naturally) to dismiss their tots without telling them about me. One stupid aunty colleague (who learnt from my boss) still commented that can choose gender right, why not choose 2 girls. Really irritated to answer these when ppl dun even care if the process is painful a not.

Your boss is such an unkind person! People will always say these things easily because they are not in our shoes. I think best is just go in right ear come out left ear when they say things.

Hi fellow mummies

Im currently on my Week 10....kept havibg brownish discharge these few days...shldn't be implantation bleeding right?

Im thinking as long as is not fresh blood, i have no reason to worry,right?

Hi fellow mummies

Im currently on my Week 10....kept havibg brownish discharge these few days...shldn't be implantation bleeding right?

Please process to clinic to do a check. The dr will either give u a jab or up your support medication dosage.

Hi fellow mummies

Just go see ur gynae. Believe most gynae will give u the support jab... But sadly if u're under SGH, most likely they will ask u to monitor if only brown discharge and tell u could be placenta implantation (speaking from own experience).

Hi mummies who are under Dr Tan HH, does dr tan accept normal pregnancies? I've been asked by some friends when they r pregnant and looking for a gynae. I only know he will follow up our pregnancy after he treated our infertility issue.
I think he does, but seriously, why choose him for normal pregnancies? He's so bz and the waiting time is so long :p Can wait ok la..
I know quite a number of friends (normal pregnancies) go for KT Tan in KKH. She's a no-nonsense lady but very professional.

I think he does, but seriously, why choose him for normal pregnancies? He's so bz and the waiting time is so long :p Can wait ok la..
I know quite a number of friends (normal pregnancies) go for KT Tan in KKH. She's a no-nonsense lady but very professional.

totally agree. compared with Dr KT Tan, she almost everyday see obstetric cases compared to Dr Tan HH only see twice a wk?
if i have a choice, i will go for KT Tan too. My friends are all KT Tan, gd at natural n c sec too

Yes. I was initially upset and angry too when my boss refused my 3 days MC for the 2ww and asked me to take advanced annual leave since it's not a sickness. I see a pte doctor hence not under company list of panel hence, i din argue.

Then she further commented that her son said that it is against god will to do ivf and she feels likewise. Repeated twice in the conversation. I already told her it's bcos we tried for 5yrs. Hence, I also dun want to talk much to other colleagues except a few close ones.

As im having twins, it's also hard to not tell others that i conceived from ivf. I just said that my sister has twins (naturally) to dismiss their tots without telling them about me. One stupid aunty colleague (who learnt from my boss) still commented that can choose gender right, why not choose 2 girls. Really irritated to answer these when ppl dun even care if the process is painful a not.

singapore law cannot choose gender. all these are ignorant people. ignore them. dont let them affect you. And who are they to judge others. dont let them affect your mood and babies mood.

Hey hey hey, talking about pain patches, maybe play safe, don't use. I went to Salonpas website and see what I saw:

When should SALONPAS® Pain Relief Patch/SALONPAS® Arthritis Pain NOT be used?
The product should not be used on wounds or damaged skin; if allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs; right before or after heart surgery; with a heating pad; when sweating (such as from exercise or heat), on the face or over rashes, or if the pouch containing the patch has been open for more than 14 days (to ensure maximum effectiveness). The patch should not be used during the last trimester of pregnancy.

http://salonpas.us/pain-relief-faqs/

totally agree. compared with Dr KT Tan, she almost everyday see obstetric cases compared to Dr Tan HH only see twice a wk?
if i have a choice, i will go for KT Tan too. My friends are all KT Tan, gd at natural n c sec too

I heard Dr Tan hh stitches are good and his surgery skills was good. He did ER for me and I'm happy with the least cramps from his skills... So my trust in him is high... I'll definitely stick w him...

Will intro KT tan if I have friends who ask haha

I heard Dr Tan hh stitches are good and his surgery skills was good. He did ER for me and I'm happy with the least cramps from his skills... So my trust in him is high... I'll definitely stick w him...

Will intro KT tan if I have friends who ask haha
Yup, for IVF mummies like us, we feel better to stick to him from A-Z...for your other friends, I think, not necessary la...(unless they really want to wait)

Hmpf, I am very fed up with KKH. On Monday morning, I called them up for repeated prescription for Duphaston and was told that I had to wait for 2 working days. Fine. I called them up yesterday morning to check if anybody will be calling me up so that I can collect my medication. The damn nurse said that the note was taken down and THH's nurse will call me. Nobody called yesterday. This morning, I called them up again and again, somebody told me that THH's nurse will call me and this time round she will put it as "urgent". Damn, nobody calls me yet and God knows when they will be calling me.

As much as I like THH, I am not too impressed with his nurses.

Hmpf, I am very fed up with KKH. On Monday morning, I called them up for repeated prescription for Duphaston and was told that I had to wait for 2 working days. Fine. I called them up yesterday morning to check if anybody will be calling me up so that I can collect my medication. The damn nurse said that the note was taken down and THH's nurse will call me. Nobody called yesterday. This morning, I called them up again and again, somebody told me that THH's nurse will call me and this time round she will put it as "urgent". Damn, nobody calls me yet and God knows when they will be calling me.

Oh no, that's terrible. They don't allow walk-in?

Oh no, that's terrible. They don't allow walk-in?
Nope, all the protocols...think even if I do a walk-in, I walk out empty-handed.
Lesson of the day: Just get extra prescription from the doc when you see him. No need to use, nevermind. At least have that damn paper.

Nope, all the protocols...think even if I do a walk-in, I walk out empty-handed.
Lesson of the day: Just get extra prescription from the doc when you see him. No need to use, nevermind. At least have that damn paper.
felicia didnt call u back?? i had the same situation, then i keep calling hotline, to ask felicia to return my call!

felicia didnt call u back?? i had the same situation, then i keep calling hotline, to ask felicia to return my call!
@lizzietsum & @towkayneo, think next opportunity really must feedback to doc. More voices on the same issue hopefully they can look into improving the operations. You are not even pressuring to see doc without appointment, it's about getting medication. If they require doc's sign off on the prescription to dispense the medication, surely something can be more effectively or efficiently arranged. Cannot be stressing out nurses and patients like that right.

Felicia...if you don't need her help, she's very chatty. But if you need her help, she lack of empathy..and she plays doctor. I didn't like it when she said it was ok and common to have light bleeding for IVF patients and refused entry to see doc tan for a short while

@lizzietsum & @towkayneo, think next opportunity really must feedback to doc. More voices on the same issue hopefully they can look into improving the operations. You are not even pressuring to see doc without appointment, it's about getting medication. If they require doc's sign off on the prescription to dispense the medication, surely something can be more effectively or efficiently arranged. Cannot be stressing out nurses and patients like that right.
I turned ultimate nasty due to pek chek this afternoon. I told the nurse that this is no joking manner. My medication is running out and I need the prescription by tomorrow. Initially she said she would just send repeated emails to the person in charge, but after I took down her name, she seems to "wake up her idea" and had more initiative. I got the call at 545pm.

Felicia...if you don't need her help, she's very chatty. But if you need her help, she lack of empathy..and she plays doctor. I didn't like it when she said it was ok and common to have light bleeding for IVF patients and refused entry to see doc tan for a short while
ya i realised too. then u know what is reply on my prescription after numerous call and Felicia replied; Dr Tan HH said i no need to be on that medication liao!! ok lor. i will ask again when see him.

ya i realised too. then u know what is reply on my prescription after numerous call and Felicia replied; Dr Tan HH said i no need to be on that medication liao!! ok lor. i will ask again when see him.

Ya I can understand. I also had similar experience in Sgh. I called the OnG several times and went down 2 times before finally getting the prescription. I understand they are busy and honestly each time they were polite n seemed to be doing something to help me. but really it was during my early trimester and I felt I needed more attention that this. So I switched to private. No choice.

Yup, for IVF mummies like us, we feel better to stick to him from A-Z...for your other friends, I think, not necessary la...(unless they really want to wait)

Haha ya! I wait long long! Longest duration was 3.5hr n my hubby was super frustrated but when we stepped into the room, we dun feel that frustration Liao..

His nurses are really busy helping Dr Tan as I saw him running 2 rooms in clinic D just to see 70+ patients during his working hrs. So his only nurse FELICIA is super poor thing to run 2 rooms...

I told the hotline I wanted to talk to his nurse too as I had super bad cramps 2 weeks back (happened to be UTI). But she didn't call back. It's the hotline nurse who helped me. If you really wanna get something from Dr Tan, it's better to walk in.

Perhaps, dr tan should have a PA. Haha

*roarrrrr* did that and it worked. Sometimes even if I dun wan to be nasty, I had no choice. Things do not move if I am not nasty

I told Dr Tan I was crying over the phone then I can see him on the very day... Lolx... I was really in tears cos of the cramps...

How I wish he got email address or a PA

His nurses are really busy helping Dr Tan as I saw him running 2 rooms in clinic D just to see 70+ patients during his working hrs. So his only nurse FELICIA is super poor thing to run 2 rooms...

I told the hotline I wanted to talk to his nurse too as I had super bad cramps 2 weeks back (happened to be UTI). But she didn't call back. It's the hotline nurse who helped me. If you really wanna get something from Dr Tan, it's better to walk in.

Hi Emmie, that's not true about the walk-in.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/year-2016-ivf-mummy-to-be.189053/page-19#post-8256099

I got a confession: it's super hard to hide from friends that I'm a ivf mommy with twins cos when they check my gynae background, they would know it. So be honest!

I'm very open about my IVF and will tell anybody who ask abt my pregnancy that my baby is IVF baby! :p Then they're like stumped.. cos don't know how to react. Actually I blog about my IVF also. And it's wonderful cos some ppl messaged me and ask me about IVF cos they want to do it too! :)

I got a confession: it's super hard to hide from friends that I'm a ivf mommy with twins cos when they check my gynae background, they would know it. So be honest!

Hello,

Honestly there is nothing to hide, IVF is neither a crime or something shameful.

You should in fact feel proud and happy as you will soon become a happy mummy of a twin. So many mummy out there are so envious of your current situation.

Jia you.

Hi mummies, just wanted to share some happy news. I went for blood draw last Wed for harmony test. Didn't expect results to be out so soon (thought it will be after CNY). Nurse called to tell me it's all good and we've got a healthy princess! Hubby is overjoyed as he'd prefer princess woh. I'm just so relieved to know my bb is healthy & this adds to an even more joyous CNY with one key milestone checked. Hope all mummies catch on the positive vibes and may all our precious bbs grow healthily! :)

Hi mummies, just wanted to share some happy news. I went for blood draw last Wed for harmony test. Didn't expect results to be out so soon (thought it will be after CNY). Nurse called to tell me it's all good and we've got a healthy princess! Hubby is overjoyed as he'd prefer princess woh. I'm just so relieved to know my bb is healthy & this adds to an even more joyous CNY with one key milestone checked. Hope all mummies catch on the positive vibes and may all our precious bbs grow healthily! :)

Yay that's awesome! Can buy all the dresses, ribbons, headbands etc. Nowadays got so many cute things for girls.

Congrats to having a princess!!!

FeliCa is dr tan's assistant not a nurse. If Dr Tan run 2room another room will be another patient assistant to help him. When we call the call centre, is a certified clinic nurse calling back.

Have not been logging in lately as I've been really moody dealing with very bad tailbone pain till I teared, itchy rashes all over my body and piles! But glad that these few days everything is slightly better though the rashes are still all over and very itchy. Doc don't think it's due to allergy and he also sent me to take BT to check if there's any liver issues that might cause this. He's confident it's due to preg hormones and nothing serious. I've also done my detailed scan. Happy to have a boy-girl twin. However, my bb girl's heart was detected with abnormalities. Apparently, there's some vessels backflow. But all other things are ok. Dr Tan HH was unable to review my results as he was away for meeting. But the ADC doc told me it could be because it's still pretty early for her development and I'll need to go for another scan in 4 weeks time to see if it resolves by itself. I just sob uncontrollably when I heard that but he told me not to worry too much and still ask me to enjoy the CNY holidays! *faints* Like seriously!!??? How to enjoy when u hear such things??....Cried the whole day but I know I have to pick myself up and talk to my little girl constantly to hang on there and pray really hard. Anyone heard of such similar cases and went on to have a healthy bb?

Congrats dawn!!
I can't wait for mine the week aft CNY. Haha.

Have not been logging in lately as I've been really moody dealing with very bad tailbone pain till I teared, itchy rashes all over my body and piles! But glad that these few days everything is slightly better though the rashes are still all over and very itchy. Doc don't think it's due to allergy and he also sent me to take BT to check if there's any liver issues that might cause this. He's confident it's due to preg hormones and nothing serious. I've also done my detailed scan. Happy to have a boy-girl twin. However, my bb girl's heart was detected with abnormalities. Apparently, there's some vessels backflow. But all other things are ok. Dr Tan HH was unable to review my results as he was away for meeting. But the ADC doc told me it could be because it's still pretty early for her development and I'll need to go for another scan in 4 weeks time to see if it resolves by itself. I just sob uncontrollably when I heard that but he told me not to worry too much and still ask me to enjoy the CNY holidays! *faints* Like seriously!!??? How to enjoy when u hear such things??....Cried the whole day but I know I have to pick myself up and talk to my little girl constantly to hang on there and pray really hard. Anyone heard of such similar cases and went on to have a healthy bb?

aiyo, dont worry. i have a friend same situation too, but the next scan,the baby is ok liao. maybe is growing, thats why. congratulation to long fong tai!!

Congrats long feng tai. Don't worry too much. They are still developing. Just wait for your next review or scans. They will improve n get healthier.

Hello, it is hard not to cry and harder not to worry. You just need to bit your teeth and tell yourself that you are not a doctor and you are paying good $$$ for a doctor to help you. Since the expert say dun worry, then should be ok ya. This is your 1st twin (i am guessing), i bet the doctor cannot remember how many twin he delievery successfully le.

jia you.

I have seen cases where next scan bb is ok so wait for next scan. Since ADC dr also said its early in development so should be fine.

Really hard not to worry. Still do try to stay positive as this may be the one best thing you can still do with your precious bb. Talk to your gal gal and let her feel your love and encouragement. Talk to your boy boy too to support his sister. I always believe that positive energy does wonders beyond what we can understand while negative energy can cause harm around. Stay strong. We will be rooting for u!

Hi all again, I'm 35w already did my check up today. Urine test no Gd . Bp as high as 155/81 urine sugar n protein present. And the most stressful part is my BB est 2.2kg only. So Doctor suggest next week I do a detail scan again. Is either my placenta not very Gd in delivering nutrients or wat. Then wat scared me is he told me if no movement, walk in straight to kkh. I freaked out n been feeling damn lousy n emo

Back