Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi
May I know if you all are taking hot/ warm baths? We were told to avoid them during the 2ww but I'm now in 2nd trimester already , can't wait to take my warm long bath..

The rationale behind no warm baths is to avoid overheating your baby. I think we're not supposed to take throughout pregnancy... but not sure. Check with Dr. Google?

Oh dear! This is unacceptable. I totally understand and went through the same journey. It hadn't been easy in our journey to have the bb via ivf. I was also not very uncomfortable with Sgh OnG clinic. Ive transferred to mount A dr GOH Shen Li. Also singleton.
Hi Kitty,
What did u encounter at SGH O&G that was unpleasant? My 3 visits there were pleasant and swift.

How is Dr Goh Sheng Li's charges per visit like?

Hi mommies to be, i did my BT today and gotten bfp. Scheduled for scan & dr's review on mid of Feb, after that scan how do i change to pte gynae? After that scan, i just called up pte gynae clinic & request for appt? Do i need to inform kkh that i will be going to pte clinic? And when i called up to clinic, do i need to inform them that mine is an ivf pregnancy? Thanks!

Hi mommies to be, i did my BT today and gotten bfp. Scheduled for scan & dr's review on mid of Feb, after that scan how do i change to pte gynae? After that scan, i just called up pte gynae clinic & request for appt? Do i need to inform kkh that i will be going to pte clinic? And when i called up to clinic, do i need to inform them that mine is an ivf pregnancy? Thanks!
U just call the appointment hotline say which dr which wan to c.. if not wait for the Dr review told the dr or nurse say u wan to change to pvt.. u under which dr

Me currently on 16wks. This week butt pain sit too long at office. Tummy very big also. Always so fatigue. Any solution

U just call the appointment hotline say which dr which wan to c.. if not wait for the Dr review told the dr or nurse say u wan to change to pvt.. u under which dr

I'm under pte patient in kkh under Dr Tan HH but i mean pte gynae at outside. I live in west, traveling to kkh a bit out of way so i wanna go to pte gynae in Jurong East.

Hi Kitty,
What did u encounter at SGH O&G that was unpleasant? My 3 visits there were pleasant and swift.

How is Dr Goh Sheng Li's charges per visit like?

Hi! I wouldn't call the my Sgh visits unpleasant. The wait was about an hour plus each time. (I guess many popular private gynae also need to wait , some even longer) The main reason is that the doctor I prefer at Sgh will no longer deliver babies. She could monitor me till 5 months but she will transfer me to another Sgh doctor. I wasn't very comfortable with that so I decided to move to another doctor who can follow me through the whole pregnancy.

Dr GOH
First consultation 130$ and subsequent follow ups is 90$.

For scan will be 60$ and for the usual test like bp, urine test will be 5$

The package is 1100 for 10 visits, from week 14.

Hi! I wouldn't call the my Sgh visits unpleasant. The wait was about an hour plus each time. (I guess many popular private gynae also need to wait , some even longer) The main reason is that the doctor I prefer at Sgh will no longer deliver babies. She could monitor me till 5 months but she will transfer me to another Sgh doctor. I wasn't very comfortable with that so I decided to move to another doctor who can follow me through the whole pregnancy.

Dr GOH
First consultation 130$ and subsequent follow ups is 90$.

For scan will be 60$ and for the usual test like bp, urine test will be 5$

The package is 1100 for 10 visits, from week 14.
Arrr! U r with Dr Yu too? Transfer to another SGH doc? The thought of delivering in SGH daunts me. Heard horror stories from friends who delivered there.
I'm looking at Dr Wendy Teo a few weeks back. & I also read about Dr Goh. Think I may want to switch soon too.

Where does Dr Goh deliver?

I want to complain that's discrimination. I do not agree ivf mummies are more complicated in pregnancy.
Some gynaes are more kia see mah....but again, if the gynaes themselves have no confidence in their own skillsets when handling IVF patients, as a patient, do you still want to be under their wing?

Some gynaes are more kia see mah....but again, if the gynaes themselves have no confidence in their own skillsets when handling IVF patients, as a patient, do you still want to be under their wing?

I just feel that as a dr U should not reject patient even if the case is difficult. It's integrity n professionalism lor.

I just feel that as a dr U should not reject patient even if the case is difficult. It's integrity n professionalism lor.
Maybe they just don't have this so-called expertise on hand. Let's just not blame these "I-want-to-charge-you-high-fees-provided-you-are-not-an-ivf-patient".

Actually, even for KKH, when I go for the detailed scans, I do feel abit pissed off when I am assigned to sonographers who are "more experienced in scanning IVF patients". There was an instance when my number was called and I walked into the assigned room. Then the sonographer saw my papers and exclaimed "Oh, you are under IVF". She walked out and then came back and said "My colleague who is more versed in IVF patients will scan you later" I had to walk out of the room and then wait for that particular colleague to be available before scanning me.

At that moment, I had this thought, what's the difference between babies who had gone through natural sex and those who had gone through the lab dish?

Maybe they just don't have this so-called expertise on hand. Let's just not blame these "I-want-to-charge-you-high-fees-provided-you-are-not-an-ivf-patient".

Actually, even for KKH, when I go for the detailed scans, I do feel abit pissed off when I am assigned to sonographers who are "more experienced in scanning IVF patients". There was an instance when my number was called and I walked into the assigned room. Then the sonographer saw my papers and exclaimed "Oh, you are under IVF". She walked out and then came back and said "My colleague who is more versed in IVF patients will scan you later" I had to walk out of the room and then wait for that particular colleague to be available before scanning me.

At that moment, I had this thought, what's the difference between babies who had gone through natural sex and those who had gone through the lab dish?

Ya is still scanning for baby. What's the diff right. Sigh.

Ya is still scanning for baby. What's the diff right. Sigh.

Maybe it's still the idea that IVF mummies with IVF babies are more fragile, hence need more attention.

Talking about it, I remember my doc, THH did mention that the difference is that IVF pregnancies are indeed more unstable for the initial period and that spotting is more common. It could be that it's still considered as "artificial insemination", hence our bodies have less time or less prepared in churning the necessary hormones to support the pregnancy. Hence, the need to consume the hormone support meds.

Maybe it's still the idea that IVF mummies with IVF babies are more fragile, hence need more attention.

Talking about it, I remember my doc, THH did mention that the difference is that IVF pregnancies are indeed more unstable for the initial period and that spotting is more common. It could be that it's still considered as "artificial insemination", hence our bodies have less time or less prepared in churning the necessary hormones to support the pregnancy. Hence, the need to consume the hormone support meds.

They should embrace us and not reject us haha.

So long as the intention is for the best interest of us ivf mummies & our bbs, it's still fine and better than those ignorant and insensitive people who go outrightly go ragging about Ivf bbs are less healthy and will fall sick easily, or those who simply go on preaching that ART conception is against the law of nature and act of playing god.

Hi,
I am new to this forum :)
I can related to this as well.......
After BFP, I got yeast infection which I thought I could go to polyclinic to get some medication (since it's likely be the same medication as per KKH's)
Unfortunately, the Dr-in charge referred me to KKH O&G instead.
She explained that IVF patients has been through quite a path to conceive therefore they want to handle us with caution. After-all, BB is now our precious and they are doing it in a certain way to protect it as well.
In my case, it is to get the experience ones to attend to me instead (just in case of unforeseen events)... even though the medication turns out to be the same.
With her words, I am thankful that people around us do care and want us to have a smooth pregnancy.
Everyday, I pray for a healthy BB and smooth pregnancy... the same goes to every mum-to be.

So long as the intention is for the best interest of us ivf mummies & our bbs, it's still fine and better than those ignorant and insensitive people who go outrightly go ragging about Ivf bbs are less healthy and will fall sick easily, or those who simply go on preaching that ART conception is against the law of nature and act of playing god.

Yes! I have colleague telling me do ivf is a sin Blah blah. Sai lah

That's why I decided not to let my family and friends (except for one) that I underwent IVF. Mainly because I don't want them to look at my kid with jaundiced eyes.

Hi,
I am going for my first scan soon, with KKH. Can anyone advise if
1. Will the sonographer allows Mr to be in the room?
2. Will the sonographer explains what's happening on the screen? Or will she leave the "explaination" to the Dr?
3. Are the subsequent visits the same - where ultrasound and Dr visits are separate.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,
I am going for my first scan soon, with KKH. Can anyone advise if
1. Will the sonographer allows Mr to be in the room?
2. Will the sonographer explains what's happening on the screen? Or will she leave the "explaination" to the Dr?
3. Are the subsequent visits the same - where ultrasound and Dr visits are separate.

Thanks in advance :)
Hi Fu Tai

1. Yes, they will allow Mister to be in the room
2. Yes, the basic ones, like "this is the head", "this is the arm / leg / tummy"
3. Only detailed scans like AMC will be separate from the doc visits. Other than that, your doc will scan you using the not so advanced ultrasound machine.

Diff ppl look at it differently lor. Zzzz
For ppl who can conceive easily and naturally they won't understand how much we have to go through to bring a life to this world. If they dun have nice words to say, they can just shut up instead of saying such negative things.

For me, ppl tends to ask if natural or ivf cos of twins. I just openly admit i did ivf. I do not see anything wrong with doing ivf and am not ashamed of it. What they want to think is their problem so long as end of day i have my healthy babies.

For ppl who can conceive easily and naturally they won't understand how much we have to go through to bring a life to this world. If they dun have nice words to say, they can just shut up instead of saying such negative things.

For me, ppl tends to ask if natural or ivf cos of twins. I just openly admit i did ivf. I do not see anything wrong with doing ivf and am not ashamed of it. What they want to think is their problem so long as end of day i have my healthy babies.

I agree :)

I agree, but if it's your relatives, then it can be a big headache. I have a maternal aunt who underwent IVF decades back and she has 2 kids aged maybe 22 and 16 years old respectively. For the initial years, her own family members were talking behind their back, saying all the rubbish stuff, like "why the ivf baby has blue eyes, is it because the sperm comes from an ang moh?" (which is totally untrue), "the kid is so naughty, because he's not "natural" (again, it's rubbish)" blah blah blah, so I am not sure if the relatives ever told the children that they were via IVF and all the rubbish things and if yes, how the children felt. Kids tend to view other opinions very seriously and if it's negative, it may have an impact on their overall well-being.

It's just sad that some older folks see IVF children as different, lack of knowledge.

Hello,

Not trying to argue with you ya. Just that i view it differently. I honestly prefer Doctor to turn me away if they are not confiident to help me then use me as an experiment. Some more i need to pay and let him/her use me as his or her gunin pig. ha ha.

Please tell your work mate that if IVF is a sin, then let the one who have never ever sin before cast the first stone. i am sure he/she is not Jesus, therefore will not qualified to throw rock. (This one also Jesus say de, dun play play "P)

Some ppl really too eng liao, if nothing good to say then it is wiser to just shutup so that other ppl will not know he/she is so small minded & hearted de.

Hi Fu Tai

1. Yes, they will allow Mister to be in the room
2. Yes, the basic ones, like "this is the head", "this is the arm / leg / tummy"
3. Only detailed scans like AMC will be separate from the doc visits. Other than that, your doc will scan you using the not so advanced ultrasound machine.

OIC .. Thank you !!!

Yes. I was initially upset and angry too when my boss refused my 3 days MC for the 2ww and asked me to take advanced annual leave since it's not a sickness. I see a pte doctor hence not under company list of panel hence, i din argue.

Then she further commented that her son said that it is against god will to do ivf and she feels likewise. Repeated twice in the conversation. I already told her it's bcos we tried for 5yrs. Hence, I also dun want to talk much to other colleagues except a few close ones.

As im having twins, it's also hard to not tell others that i conceived from ivf. I just said that my sister has twins (naturally) to dismiss their tots without telling them about me. One stupid aunty colleague (who learnt from my boss) still commented that can choose gender right, why not choose 2 girls. Really irritated to answer these when ppl dun even care if the process is painful a not.

Yes. I was initially upset and angry too when my boss refused my 3 days MC for the 2ww and asked me to take advanced annual leave since it's not a sickness. I see a pte doctor hence not under company list of panel hence, i din argue.

Then she further commented that her son said that it is against god will to do ivf and she feels likewise. Repeated twice in the conversation. I already told her it's bcos we tried for 5yrs. Hence, I also dun want to talk much to other colleagues except a few close ones.

As im having twins, it's also hard to not tell others that i conceived from ivf. I just said that my sister has twins (naturally) to dismiss their tots without telling them about me. One stupid aunty colleague (who learnt from my boss) still commented that can choose gender right, why not choose 2 girls. Really irritated to answer these when ppl dun even care if the process is painful a not.
Don't let them upset you. If they cannot celebrate your success & life happiness after having overcome the challenges you went through, you just know how much these people are really going to be worth in your life. Be happy, enjoy your well deserved pregnancy journey and save your heartfelt emotions for you little bundle of joy!

Just ignore these people.

It's sad to see how these people take judgment into their own hands, and in doing so, give Christians a bad name.

Those who have nothing edifying to say, should just keep their unlearned and unwanted comments to themselves.

Even a priest I spoke to told me 'who am I to judge', when I told him that my baby was conceived via IVF. That, to me, is evidence of a heart that loves and seeks to understand, rather than condemn.

Yup, these are typical assholes.

On a separate note, your boss denial of your MC might be against MoM law. You might want to dial MoM to double check with them before speaking to your HR dept. If you are represented by union, you might want to consult them to understand your entitlement. Dun let your boss any how any how (Whether it is unintentional or intentional honestly speaking is irrelevant), if it is your entitlement & right then you should get to enjoy it.

Jia you.

I agree, but if it's your relatives, then it can be a big headache. I have a maternal aunt who underwent IVF decades back and she has 2 kids aged maybe 22 and 16 years old respectively. For the initial years, her own family members were talking behind their back, saying all the rubbish stuff, like "why the ivf baby has blue eyes, is it because the sperm comes from an ang moh?" (which is totally untrue), "the kid is so naughty, because he's not "natural" (again, it's rubbish)" blah blah blah, so I am not sure if the relatives ever told the children that they were via IVF and all the rubbish things and if yes, how the children felt. Kids tend to view other opinions very seriously and if it's negative, it may have an impact on their overall well-being.

It's just sad that some older folks see IVF children as different, lack of knowledge.
Wah.. own relatives also so not supportive. Really bad. IVF kids also our own kids what. Why the difference man? These ppl really shallow. If there is anyone to look down upon, it's not our IVF kids, it should be they themselves who made such unfair judgement and low class comments. :mad:

Your boss really KNS! To mention about god at workplace is somewhat inappropriate and unprofessional. Such comment is so uncalled for and insensitive. If she's so godly, try go tell govt to banned IVF lor. Seriously.... these ppl really one kind.

Hi mummies who are under Dr Tan HH, does dr tan accept normal pregnancies? I've been asked by some friends when they r pregnant and looking for a gynae. I only know he will follow up our pregnancy after he treated our infertility issue.

Back