IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks for the prayers.

Frankly, I don't want to go thru another ivf. Hubby wanted another child badly. I don't have a left ovary, and I have a blocked right tube so the only way is ivf. We both agreed if this cycle fails, we will call it a day.
Furries,

U r very strong! A very brave and selfless mummy. I'm still thinking if I have the courage to go thru another fresh cycle.
Is good to be this relax during the 2ww and u are doing a good job. 3 more days to go. Press on and jiayou!

Has anyone here experienced delayed period after polyps removal surgery? Im waiting to start my second IVF but my period hasnt started. I've only been spotting but no period like heavy flow.

Hi DawnBB

Thanks for the reference. It does help. Yah I realise polyps can't be easily detected Coz when I went for my lap, doctor told me he saw a lot of polyps and removed it for me as well. And worse part is, polyps do affect fertility. And I do have history of that. So I do not know what to do. Hiaz...I have to discuss with my doctor and see how should we go about it.
I'm with you on this about polyps. I went for 2 polyps removal procedure last year. The thing is that the docs who diagnosed me all only used ultrasound and only now am I hearing that poylps are not easily detectable. They keep telling me that polyps has grown back (all within 6 months!). Now I'm thinking maybe it's because they didn't check properly. M gonna try asking them if I should go for SIS to check b4 my next FET.

Has anyone here experienced delayed period after polyps removal surgery? Im waiting to start my second IVF but my period hasnt started. I've only been spotting but no period like heavy flow.
Hi, my menses was quite on time if not earlier after both my polyps procedure. Did u test on hpt? Sometimes could more easily get pregnant after such procedure.

i dont think pregnancy is possible at this point as i was spotting for almost a week. And hubby and i didnt do babydance since my polyp removal surgery. So cant be im pregnant.

Furries,

U r very strong! A very brave and selfless mummy. I'm still thinking if I have the courage to go thru another fresh cycle.
Is good to be this relax during the 2ww and u are doing a good job. 3 more days to go. Press on and jiayou!
Maybe because I am not afraid of pain so that's why I don't mind going thru ivf in the beginning. The reason I didn't want to go this round is because I didn't wanna be tied down as my first born (from my first marriage) is already 13 years old. But looking at how hubby plays with my sister's 4 month old, I gave in when he asked if I'm ready.

Find the courage and when you are ready, you are ready.

Hi @jenlam15, I'm not sure if changing doctors will help in your case but it really depends I think. Just to share my experiences as an subsidy patient in KKH. I got dr THH to do my retrieval & transfer for my first fresh cycle as an subsidy patient in 2012. But the consulting doc for the med, dosage is injections, etc is dr Veronique (a black lady). However, during my egg retrieval day dr THH last min go for course or on seminar. Dr Matthew Lau replaced him to do my retrieval & transfer. But sadly that cycle failed. Subsequently, for my 2nd fresh cycle, same doctors, Dr Veronique as fertility consultant & Dr Matthew Lau to retrieve & do my transfer & I got a bfp.

For my recent FET I need to go take referral letter from polyclinic again as I exceeded the 2 years time frame as an ivf patient. Think dr Veronique no longer with KKH while dr Matthew lau is on 2 years long leave. This time round I got dr Jerry Chan as my fertility doc as well as to do my transfer but sadly my FET failed. Will be seeing him in end feb to see what causes my cycle to fail & to plan my next fresh cycle.

I can't conclude if he's good as he's quite "si wen" & soft spoken. Hear from my friend dr Jerry chan is dr SF Loh's 徒弟 (don't know true anot) as she's seeing dr SF Loh at TMC as a private patient. But during her pregnancy, she got bleeding due placenta previa at week 30 or so & dr SF Loh referred her to dr Jerry chan at KKH due to her condition plus medical fees as private rates at TMC. Dr Jerry chan delivered for her as a subsidy patient in KKH. I got another friend who got a bfp with Jerry Chan for her first fresh ivf cycle in 2013 & gave birth to healthy baby girl with no complications last Aug.

In my opinion, this ivf thingy really have to depend on luck, 天时地利人和 to succeed as there is no 100% guarantee. So to me, I'm ok with the docs assigned to me as an subsidy patient. I believed the docs in KKH are all experience & well trained as only experienced & senior docs are allow to do the retrieval & transfer. Of coz if financially permits, to choose a reliable doc that is highly recommended with good reviews & you feel comfortable with will be a bonus in your ivf process. Everybody wishes for success in ivf. Follow your heart on the dr of your choice. Sorry for my long winded post. :D
Hi Goingcircles,

Thank you so much for all those information. Honestly I was thinking to just be under Dr Jerry Chan since the waiting time for hot favourite is also long. Just had my review with him yesterday. Honestly I'm glad that I know I am under him unless he's not around. He's humorous enough to say that he cannot decide who gets pregnant and there is no need to thank him even 'you manage to get pregnant'.

Let's hope for good news soon :)

Just wanna ask if any ladies is taking New Obimin as supplement now? As in I read this supplement is only meant for pregnant ladies.

Last edited:
I went back to work two days after my transfer...think it helps to distract me during the 2ww. Continue to work even after bfp...
As long u feel ok, I think it is ok to work

Hi Gan1972,
Wow, I admire that you went back to work after two days. But just one question, the medication for insertion, I read that it is best to lie for awhile (like half hour) for best results. So I'm wondering for my next round FET, should I follow and be at home instead?

Hi @Karen_23, for both my fresh cycles I was given 2 weeks hospitalization leave but for FET only 3 days HL. I requested to extend my HL till my blood test as my work environment is quite stressful.

So it is possible to extend HL from KKH? Was thinking of using that as backup since the number of annual leave is so limited.

Hi Gan1972,
Wow, I admire that you went back to work after two days. But just one question, the medication for insertion, I read that it is best to lie for awhile (like half hour) for best results. So I'm wondering for my next round FET, should I follow and be at home instead?

You can request for crinone, my 1st fresh and FET i use the utrogeston but my second fresh I request for crinone as I need to travel.
so much simpler, day and night (2 times a day) and need to walk at least 30mins.

I'm with you on this about polyps. I went for 2 polyps removal procedure last year. The thing is that the docs who diagnosed me all only used ultrasound and only now am I hearing that poylps are not easily detectable. They keep telling me that polyps has grown back (all within 6 months!). Now I'm thinking maybe it's because they didn't check properly. M gonna try asking them if I should go for SIS to check b4 my next FET.
Hi Celestialbaby,

How does this SIS work and what does it stand for? Is it only applicable to FET?
Btw, how complex is the polyps removal procedure and do u mind sharing the cost?

I was taking it few months before I got pregnant.. It's just multivitamins so don't see why cannot take
Ya, I thought so too and the pharmacist was double checking and asked if I were pregnant? I said no and requested doc for multivitamins. So her question makes me ponder abit.

You can request for crinone, my 1st fresh and FET i use the utrogeston but my second fresh I request for crinone as I need to travel.
so much simpler, day and night (2 times a day) and need to walk at least 30mins.
Is this oral? May I ask the need to walk for 30mins after using crinone?

Thanks. Will keep you posted as soon as I get the results.

Actually, as weird as it seems, I enjoy the poking of needles every morning. Lol...

Hi Furries,
not sure about you, but i guess the action of poking of needles means 'injecting' hope to have a baby. This is how I feel after going thro a fresh IVF cycle. It maybe tough but definitely worth it all. Jiayou!

Is this oral? May I ask the need to walk for 30mins after using crinone?

Hi crinone gel is a vaginal gel. Comes in a tampon shape applicator. Insert and squeeze the gel in. Need to walk 15 to 20mins for better effect.
I usually walk 30mins or more... as more kiasu

Hi, my menses was quite on time if not earlier after both my polyps procedure. Did u test on hpt? Sometimes could more easily get pregnant after such procedure.
I had pelvic laparoscopy not polyps procedure but have been spotting coming to day 9 since my laparoscopy last Monday .. Expected mensus tomorrow .. Not sure if my mensus will turn up punctually

Hi @Celestialbaby, I did my SIS on 20th Nov 2015 & did my medicated FET (transfer day) on 29 Dec 2015. Perhaps you can ask your doc if its necessary for your case. For my case I have history of endometriosis & fibroids and I did 2 surgeries to remove them in 2009 & 2011 respectively. And reason to do a SIS is to access the suitability to undergo ivf/FET and also to find out if there is any abnormal findings in your uterine lining.
Hi @jenlam15, I think it depends on your fertility doc as US Sonohysterography is not compulsory. The reason he ordered me to do is I have history of endometriosis & fibroids years ago (did 2 surgeries in 2009 & 2011 respectively). Plus my last ivf (2nd fresh cycle) is 2 years ago. It can determine if you can go for natural or medicated FET depending on your condition.

Hi

Pl see previous post by @ Goingcircles. I also learnt about SIS (Sonohysterography) from her that it is used to scan uterus lining condition. So I'm going to ask my doc about it.

Hi Celestialbaby,

How does this SIS work and what does it stand for? Is it only applicable to FET?
Btw, how complex is the polyps removal procedure and do u mind sharing the cost?
The previous post by me (copying @Goingcircles' posts) was in reply to your earlier question cos can't seem to insert your post there. You'd be put under GA for the Polyps procedure so you won't feel anything. It takes about 30 mins to 1hr. You might experience some spotting afterwards but it's quite painless. If painful after procedure, they'd give u some painkiller. I did mine w Dr SF Loh and cost about $5k+ if I remember correctly.

Hi lilcookiedough,
I do not have anymore snow babies. Thks for the encouragement. Hope I'm strong enuf for one more round. So draining after every attempt.

we are all strong ladies here. I can understand how you feel.. my first 2 FET were cancelled.. finally managed to transfer 2 embryos on the 3rd try. I think we are in the same forum back in 2013.. your little one must be turning 2 years old?

Sisters I was waiting for menses to start fet. Last menses dec and Jan skip. Today it arrived v light but with heavy cramps. Got jab and painkillers to reduce pain.

Shud I call kk tomorrow to report on day 2 or shud I wait for a full flow hopefully tomorrow and call on day 3. Kindly advise thanks. Also will taking painkillers and jab affect fet like lining n follicle growth. I try to tahan but really unbearable. Adeno is the culprit :(

Sisters I was waiting for menses to start fet. Last menses dec and Jan skip. Today it arrived v light but with heavy cramps. Got jab and painkillers to reduce pain.

Shud I call kk tomorrow to report on day 2 or shud I wait for a full flow hopefully tomorrow and call on day 3. Kindly advise thanks. Also will taking painkillers and jab affect fet like lining n follicle growth. I try to tahan but really unbearable. Adeno is the culprit :(
Can report tomorrow I think.. I think simple painkillers like paracetamol and ibuprofen is ok.. In fact my dr who did my fresh ivf cycle told me to take some before egg retrieval last time ..just let your dr know what u have taken then he/ she should advise accordingly

I went back to work two days after my transfer...think it helps to distract me during the 2ww. Continue to work even after bfp...
As long u feel ok, I think it is ok to work
My manager seem dun courage mi go for 2nd cycle in April as it peak period..ask mi delay.. still think wan to go to work as my work a bit stress when in quarter

Thanks for the prayers.

Frankly, I don't want to go thru another ivf. Hubby wanted another child badly. I don't have a left ovary, and I have a blocked right tube so the only way is ivf. We both agreed if this cycle fails, we will call it a day.

Hi, my 2nd fresh jus failed and no embryos to freeze due to poor quality, the embryoist tried to comfort me but jus feel sad and hopeless.
Hubby wanted baby badly too but I told him I had hit my limit and told him I can't do it again... Feel lost and donno wat next steps to do... No mood at all Liao... To me is a very painful and stressful journey...

Hi, my 2nd fresh jus failed and no embryos to freeze due to poor quality, the embryoist tried to comfort me but jus feel sad and hopeless.
Hubby wanted baby badly too but I told him I had hit my limit and told him I can't do it again... Feel lost and donno wat next steps to do... No mood at all Liao... To me is a very painful and stressful journey...
Hugs to you. I feel you. It's indeed a tough journey. My last ER, due to bad quality eggs, I have nothing for transfer too. I know that no words that I can say will make you feel better. But I just want to let you know that there are many sistas out there just like you, who are lost and dishearten. I hope that after some rest, you'd find the strength to move on. Time will heal... I also hope that after a good rest, you'd have the clarity to decide how to move forward. In the meantime, it's ok to feel the emotions that goes on. Hugs again sista.

Hi Ladies,
I have the following extra meds to give:

-2 unopen boxes of Estradiol (each box 6 patches)
- Blackmores conceive well gold 1 week supply
-Prognova 107 tablets
-Utrogeston x 12

Please PM me for details.

Thanks

Hello ladies.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, they say.

Well, I'm fat. I'm a lady. And I sang this morning.... It's over!!! AF came unexpectedly this morning. Urgh...

Ok. Jokes aside, my ivf cycle failed. As prepared as I am, I cried. I resigned to fate. Maybe it's for the best.

I can totally understand you. No matter how well prepared we are, we just can't seem to control our emotions when it fails.
Keep moving forward, I always say. When my first hubby passed away, my baby wasn't even born yet. I scream my hearts out as the pain was unbearable. My second ivf failed this morning and I thought I can contain myself but I still cry. My ivf journey is done. I can't seem to find the strength to go on. It's just so draining.

Hugs @Eggscatcher and @Furries. It's definitely not an easy journey for us here:(

Sisters I called kkivf to report cd2 for medicated fet. They told me to start progynova on Sunday which is cd 5. I am collecting meds on Saturday. I have seen sisters mentioned they start progynova on day 2 of fet. Anyone started on day 5? The first scan is going to be on cd 13.

My manager seem dun courage mi go for 2nd cycle in April as it peak period..ask mi delay.. still think wan to go to work as my work a bit stress when in quarter
Oh dear, then you better think carefully cos no support from work and boss already stated it's peak period. You can take the time to tiao and bu your body?

Ultimately it's your decision really. For me I quit my stressful job and took a simpler less stressful job during ttc.

@Eggcatcher and @Furries, I totally feel you and I also cried when I just see spotting. Please do not give up. I cried cos it is so disappointing and stressful. But I have now move on. I'm sure both of you can do it. I'm not good at words of consolation. All I can say let's not give up till the end.

@Eggcatcher and @Furries, I totally feel you and I also cried when I just see spotting. Please do not give up. I cried cos it is so disappointing and stressful. But I have now move on. I'm sure both of you can do it. I'm not good at words of consolation. All I can say let's not give up till the end.
@jenlam15
Thanks for the kind words. I'm gonna take this long weekend with lots of food and movies with family. It has been a roller coaster of emotions with the ivf journey.

Hello ladies.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, they say.

Well, I'm fat. I'm a lady. And I sang this morning.... It's over!!! AF came unexpectedly this morning. Urgh...

Ok. Jokes aside, my ivf cycle failed. As prepared as I am, I cried. I resigned to fate. Maybe it's for the best.
Oh no! I'm so sorry.. must be heartbreaking. But dont give up! keep on trying ! *big hugs*
Do take some time off and enjoy the holiday season. Treat yourself to something nice :) I am going for conselling tomorrow for my 1st IVF. Feeling nervous and excited about it at the same time.

Hi all, just to recap a bit. I had my 2 embryos transferred on the 31st Dec and scheduled blood test on the 15th Jan. Spotting on the 10 and 11th day but Hcg results wasn't very good. First hcg level at 42 then 60 followed by 200 plus. Did scan but couldn't find anything inside, suspected it to be ectopic so doctor scheduled for a detailed scan to determine before further actions to be taken. The scan supposed to be last Saturday but i had a severe pain on the left side of the womb followed by stomach and gastric on Friday and went to O&G. Apparently there was internal bleeding and quite a lot inside, still womb showed nothing. Doctor suggested taking out the ruptured embryo/s if need be to remove the affected tube. But end up it was the cyst that had ruptured inside the left side of the ovary that caused the internal bleeding. Nothing was removed. Was discharged on Sunday and went back on Monday for another blood test and my hcg level dropped but not an optimal drop. So doctor suggested i come back today for further blood test to see if it drops and if not, MX jab will be given. So.......it didn't dropped but it also didn't rise up a lot, so MX jab was administer to me.

Well, it was a roller coaster ride for me but the one that worried the most was my husband.

The next IVF i will be schedule for will be another 3 months time. So i guess i will come back here again by then.

I'm really glad to have this forum here for me as a form of channel for me to read and learn and seek encouragment from. I wish the best for those in their 2ww.

Oh yeah, anything i need to take note of during this period? (eg: food, drinks, exercise?)

hi everyone, had 2 embryos transferred on 31st Dec and first pregnancy blood test on 15th jan. Had spotting on the 10 and 11 days but on 14th Jan my "menses" or so i thought, came. First blood test was 42 hcg, 2nd blood test was 60, 3rd blood test was 200 plus. Did u/s and couldn't find anything. Doctor commented that it is not a good pregnancy and should be ectopic. Supposed to go for more detailed scan to determine the embryos whereabout last Saturday but one day before, i experienced super sharp pain on the left side of my womb, followed by stomach and gastric pain and sent to O&G at KKH. Result showed that i had internal bleeding (quite a lot) and had to be operated. Everyone thought it was the embryo that had ruptured in one of the tube but scan still couldn't find anything. Ended up, it was a cyst that had ruptured inside my left ovary that had caused the internal bleeding. Nothing was removed just drained out the blood. Was discharged on Sunday and came back on Monday for review and the hcg dropped but not an optimal drop, Doctor had suggested MX jab so scheduled another blood test (which is today) to determine whether to do the jab or not. So my hcg level rise up a bit so doctor decided to administer the mx jab. Anything i need to take care of during this period?

So i guess the next IVF i will be doing will be another 3 months time.

I just want to say thank you this forum as I didn't tell anyone so it is a channel for me to read and learn and get encouragement from. I wish the best for those in their 2ww.
Dearie, sorry that you had to go through this painful ordeal. MTX jab is for early pregnancy termination without surgery and Within a few days or weeks of receiving the jab, the pregnancy is expected to end through an experience similar to an early miscarriage. You may want to consider a mini confinement to condition back your health. Avoid seafood as you just had an operation. Hope you will recover fully well and try again when you feel ready. Don't give up k. All the best.

Dearie, sorry that you had to go through this painful ordeal. MTX jab is for early pregnancy termination without surgery and Within a few days or weeks of receiving the jab, the pregnancy is expected to end through an experience similar to an early miscarriage. You may want to consider a mini confinement to condition back your health. Avoid seafood as you just had an operation. Hope you will recover fully well and try again when you feel ready. Don't give up k. All the best.

Thanks @DawnBB i will do the confinement. Ya have not been consuming seafood, so far my wound is healing well just that the belly button is in a mess hahahhaha. They do laparoscopy so had to cut my belly button.

Back