IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh dear.. What does d&c means? So how they find out about the fetus in the end??
Basically to clear the uterine lining after an abortion or miscarriage. When the doctor spoke to me after, I couldn't really figured out myself. Dr Lau gave me pictures of the fetus and basically I felt numb. Didn't know if I did the right thing. Hubby and I didn't speak about it. The pain just healed. After 2 years, he spoke about trying again and we both agreed.

On my 2ww now and can't help but worry if it will happen again.

Basically to clear the uterine lining after an abortion or miscarriage. When the doctor spoke to me after, I couldn't really figured out myself. Dr Lau gave me pictures of the fetus and basically I felt numb. Didn't know if I did the right thing. Hubby and I didn't speak about it. The pain just healed. After 2 years, he spoke about trying again and we both agreed.

On my 2ww now and can't help but worry if it will happen again.
So meaning after clearing up, they saw the fetus?

Hi Melody

My first fresh cycle was full of surprises.

My blood test after 2ww came back positive but hcg detected was low, below 90. Was told to come back in two days time. It went up to 200s which was a relief. Went for a scheduled scan a few weeks later but couldn't find anything. Again, took BT. It went up. Went for another scan a week later but still couldn't find it. I was with Dr Matthew Lau back then and he couldn't find it also. Went for another blood test. It went up. By this time I was having symptoms of pregnancy. Nauseous and all.

Then one night, I was rudely awaken by a sudden gush of liquid coming out from my vagina. Rush to the toilet and was bleeding non stop. Came out liver-like blood clot. I wasn't in any pain. Went to o&g at kkh. I was still bleeding alot. Again, another BT. Hcg was still up but couldn't find anything.

Went for a second opinion at Parkway East. Doctor also couldn't find anything. Hcg still up. She made an appointment for me to see Dr Jerry Chan at kkh which I did the very next day.

Sadly, he couldn't find it too. Hcg was normal but no baby found. I wasn't in any pain at all. As I had c-section for my first born, doctor said it could be ectopic, growing at the c-section scar.

I was tired, traumatized and did what I thought was best for my health. I went for a d&c that very same day as doctor said it was an emergency.

It wasn't at my scar. I was upset. It was there all along. Scan just couldn't see it. Everything was a blur. Maybe the baby was not meant to be.

I'm sorry for your loss. You are a strong woman, jia you!

Hi all,

I would like to check if anyone still go for facial during the TWW? I mean before we go for BT. Is it ok? Hope someone can advise please. Thanks!

I still go for facial, mani & pedi. But i told my beautician don't massage for me. When i go for pedi, i inform them too so no massage & when they did gel for my fingernails, they used a cloth to cover the uv machine. The manicurist doing my nails is heavily pregnant, when i asked her is it ok to do gel then she says "ultimately is up to my comfort level" so ultimately is up to you. As long as no laser or anything special sld be fine.

Hi Melody

My blood test after 2ww came back positive but hcg detected was low, below 90. Was told to come back in two days time. It went up to 200s which was a relief. Went for a scheduled scan a few weeks later but couldn't find anything. Again, took BT. It went up. Went for another scan a week later but still couldn't find it. I was with Dr Matthew Lau back then and he couldn't find it also. Went for another blood test. It went up. By this time I was having symptoms of pregnancy. Nauseous and all.

Then one night, I was rudely awaken by a sudden gush of liquid coming out from my vagina. Rush to the toilet and was bleeding non stop. Came out liver-like blood clot. I wasn't in any pain. Went to o&g at kkh. I was still bleeding alot. Again, another BT. Hcg was still up but couldn't find anything.

Went for a second opinion at Parkway East. Doctor also couldn't find anything. Hcg still up. She made an appointment for me to see Dr Jerry Chan at kkh which I did the very next day.

Sadly, he couldn't find it too. Hcg was normal but no baby found. I wasn't in any pain at all. As I had c-section for my first born, doctor said it could be ectopic, growing at the c-section scar.

I was tired, traumatized and did what I thought was best for my health. I went for a d&c that very same day as doctor said it was an emergency.

It wasn't at my scar. I was upset. It was there all along. Scan just couldn't see it. Everything was a blur. Maybe the baby was not meant to be.

Sorry to hear about your loss @Furries. You are a strong woman! Think positively during your tww. Jia you!

Hi ladies, check with you all did u all go back to work during tww?
Hi Karen_23

I am a full time housewife so it's housework and housework and more housework. I personally will try not to exert myself and at the same time I try not to think about the tww.

I left for a 2 week holiday on the 6th day after transfer. Sometimes I feel better not to stay at home and over think or be over cautious.
Most important is to take it easy and feel happy.

For me I only took a few days off but mainly because I had symptoms of over stimulation n was very bloated. I went back to work after few days. My suggestion is that even if you go back to work, try to plan aheAd for a lighter workload if possible. Staying at home doing nothing can be even more stressful.

Not sure if anyone experienced the same thing before..

Today is the day 8 of my cycle and I'm still having fresh blood menses.. Not heavy menses, can use panty liner but it's not like my usual cycle. Only after the failed IVF then I experienced almost 10 days of period. My normal cycle should clear by day 6.

The only thing which happen this cycle is, I started seeing dr zou for acupuncture and her meds plus I'm on mercilon to prepare for my medicated FET in March.

Dr Zou told me to start taking her pre ovulation meds yesterday but I did not as my period isn't even over.. And she knows abt it.

Anyone can advise something?
Is mercilon a birth control pill? I had spotting for an entire month after my menses the one before my FET. When I told my doc about it, they say it's ok. I noticed I always have this problem when on bcp and read online that this is called intermenstrual bleeding. This is caused by hormonal imbalance or medication. If you are really worried, do check with your doc.

Hi @Karen_23, for both my fresh cycles I was given 2 weeks hospitalization leave but for FET only 3 days HL. I requested to extend my HL till my blood test as my work environment is quite stressful.

Hi Melody

Oh no that is so heartbreaking. So sorry you had to went through that. *hugs*

If your work is stressful, then you can consider taking a week or so off. When I did my IUI, I didn't take leave and was so stressed at work and I regretted going to work. So when I did my FET, I took a week off and just rest, watch dramas, go shopping etc.

Hi all,

I wanna ask if anyone of you ever have polyps that can't be seen thru V scan? Coz when I removed my cysts 2 years ago, Dr found a handful of polyps which he didn't discover when he did all my scans. I'm just wondering how to ascertain I'm clear of it b4 I embark on another journey again?

Hi Melody

Hi Furries, I'm so sorry for your loss. *big hugs* Good luck for your BT this Friday. i will be praying for you.

Hi all,

I wanna ask if anyone of you ever have polyps that can't be seen thru V scan? Coz when I removed my cysts 2 years ago, Dr found a handful of polyps which he didn't discover when he did all my scans. I'm just wondering how to ascertain I'm clear of it b4 I embark on another journey again?
Hi yvejen, I do not hv polyps but hv read up a bit on this among other stuff during my journey. It takes a very experienced doc to see polyps thru normal v-scan. Usually doc considers symptoms such as spotting between periods or after intercourse, or heavy memstrual bleeding, along with v-scan to form suspicion of polyps. Actual diagnosis will require sonohysterogram or hysterosalpinogram (HSG). Doc may also use a hysteroscope to look inside the uterus.
Here's a good read with simple description of the diagnostic tests - http://www.obgyn.net/laparoscopy/endometrial-polyps

Hope you try again once you feel ready. Have faith, stay positive and persevere on k.

Hi Furries, I'm so sorry for your loss. *big hugs* Good luck for your BT this Friday. i will be praying for you.
Thanks for the prayers.
Good that u r not putting much thought to it. Share ur good news k! Good luck.
Frankly, I don't want to go thru another ivf. Hubby wanted another child badly. I don't have a left ovary, and I have a blocked right tube so the only way is ivf. We both agreed if this cycle fails, we will call it a day.

Hi Furries, your ordeal is traumatizing and I hope time is helping along in healing you both.

Can I know if your doc suggest on unblocking your right tube?

Hi Furries, your ordeal is traumatizing and I hope time is helping along in healing you both.

Can I know if your doc suggest on unblocking your right tube?
Ish... Typo error. Damaged right tube.

Time heals all wound. We are ok now. We have each other. ;)

Thanks for the prayers.

Frankly, I don't want to go thru another ivf. Hubby wanted another child badly. I don't have a left ovary, and I have a blocked right tube so the only way is ivf. We both agreed if this cycle fails, we will call it a day.

It's always not easy to go through another round of ivf again & again. But at least you already have a child. That's what I'm consoling myself after my failed FET too. I'm a poor responder by default. Only managed to retrieve 5 eggs 2 years ago with maximum dosage. Now perhaps due to age, it may be even lesser. Still thinking if I wanna go through another round of fresh cycle again.
Anyway, all the best to your BT this Friday!

It's always not easy to go through another round of ivf again & again. But at least you already have a child. That's what I'm consoling myself after my failed FET too. I'm a poor responder by default. Only managed to retrieve 5 eggs 2 years ago with maximum dosage. Now perhaps due to age, it may be even lesser. Still thinking if I wanna go through another round of fresh cycle again.
Anyway, all the best to your BT this Friday!
Thanks. Will keep you posted as soon as I get the results.

Actually, as weird as it seems, I enjoy the poking of needles every morning. Lol...

Is mercilon a birth control pill? I had spotting for an entire month after my menses the one before my FET. When I told my doc about it, they say it's ok. I noticed I always have this problem when on bcp and read online that this is called intermenstrual bleeding. This is caused by hormonal imbalance or medication. If you are really worried, do check with your doc.
I see, did u have cramps as well?

Hi yvejen, I do not hv polyps but hv read up a bit on this among other stuff during my journey. It takes a very experienced doc to see polyps thru normal v-scan. Usually doc considers symptoms such as spotting between periods or after intercourse, or heavy memstrual bleeding, along with v-scan to form suspicion of polyps. Actual diagnosis will require sonohysterogram or hysterosalpinogram (HSG). Doc may also use a hysteroscope to look inside the uterus.
Here's a good read with simple description of the diagnostic tests - http://www.obgyn.net/laparoscopy/endometrial-polyps

Hope you try again once you feel ready. Have faith, stay positive and persevere on k.
Hi DawnBB

Thanks for the reference. It does help. Yah I realise polyps can't be easily detected Coz when I went for my lap, doctor told me he saw a lot of polyps and removed it for me as well. And worse part is, polyps do affect fertility. And I do have history of that. So I do not know what to do. Hiaz...I have to discuss with my doctor and see how should we go about it.

Back