IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hihi...

The name of the product is without the leaf.. But when I read on the product description, it stated leaf..

Oh, okok better make sure to drink the raspberry leaf tea and not just raspberry tea... There is a difference between the both. Only raspberry leaf tea will help with the lining.

Agree with what mrschuaflo said.

I am not aware of the benefit of raspberry tea in fertility but the one which help to tone uterus lining is raspberry leaf tea. If unsure, just get the one stated clearly "Raspberry Leaf Tea" :)

Last edited:
Agree with what mrschuaflo said.

I am not aware of the benefit of raspberry tea in fertility but the one which help to tone uterus lining is raspberry leaf tea. If unsure, just get the one stated clearly "Raspberry Leaf Tea" :)

Should be the leaf as per below description :)

Alvita Raspberry Tea is made with premium-quality, organic raspberry leaves, and produces an amber colored tea with a mild herbal aroma and a flavor reminiscent of traditional green tea...

I also started to take ensure life since last thu...

Oh, okok better make sure to drink the raspberry leaf tea and not just raspberry tea... There is a difference between the both. Only raspberry leaf tea will help with the lining.
So this raspberry leaf tea watson guardian nsture farm selling? It comes in sachet so how many scoops in a cup sd i brew. And to take all the way till ovulation date only right..
Please enlighten me.thanks alot...

So this raspberry leaf tea watson guardian nsture farm selling? It comes in sachet so how many scoops in a cup sd i brew. And to take all the way till ovulation date only right..
Please enlighten me.thanks alot...

I am not sure whether Watsons, Guardian or Nature Farm sells it but I bought mine from iHerb. I've heard people purchasing it from Cedele as well.

Depends on what brand you buy, it might some in different forms. So best to read the instructions on the box. Mine comes in a tea bag so I just dump it in hot water and prepare it like normal tea.

And yes, drink it to ovulation day.

I am not sure whether Watsons, Guardian or Nature Farm sells it but I bought mine from iHerb. I've heard people purchasing it from Cedele as well.

Depends on what brand you buy, it might some in different forms. So best to read the instructions on the box. Mine comes in a tea bag so I just dump it in hot water and prepare it like normal tea.

And yes, drink it to ovulation day.
Geez...thanks alot...gota work hard for the baby! Heeee...

Completed day 15 scan
Uterus lining - 8.5 triple
Right - 16mm
Left - 14.5mm hazy - forgot to ask doc what's hazy means :$

Will proceed with the jab to trigger ovulation and tml will do iui

My temp dropped yesterday and I asked the doc whether the ovulation already happened. The doc said only preparing ....

Completed day 15 scan
Right - 16mm

My temp dropped yesterday and I asked the doc whether the ovulation already happened. The doc said only preparing ....

Did you ask what does "triple" means for your lining?

Completed day 15 scan
Right - 16mm

All the best to u!!!! Baby dust baby dust!!!! 2016 gona b gd year for all!!!

Completed day 15 scan
Right - 16mm

Can i know hw long the process for u to take frm taking injection from pharmacy to going thru all scans and finally iui day! In need to plot out my leave schedule properly....

Hi Hajar,

Day 1 - Called KKH to inform on the start of AF

Day 2

1. Went to ivf centre (press no 4), gotten the prescription from the nurse
2. Purchased the puregon from pharmacy (waited 30 mins), come with an ice pack that can last 2 hours
3. Went to ivf centre (press no 2), there is a nurse that will demo how to do the injection
4. Start of with 50ml puregon and will go for ultrasound next mon to check for follicle size and whether need to increase the puregon dosage

Total fees for today :-
paid at clinic d
- doc review and ultrasound = $535
- injection = $22
- registration = $105
Total $708.34

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75
- folic acid = $1.50 (for 30 tablets)
Total $221.76

Day 7 (14 Dec 2015)
Reach KKH : 08:12am
Q no : 17
Completed ultrasound : 08:52am
Completed doc review : 09:42 (2 docs)
Pharmacy : 09:49am, waiting time 7 mins
Puregon dosage : 75ml
Uterus lining : 2.8mm
Right - 5, 5, and 4mm
Left - 6.5, 4 and 4mm

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75
Total $220.15 included GST

Day 11 (18 Dec 2015)

Reach KKH : 08:07am
Q no : 21
Completed ultrasound : 09:37am
Completed doc review : 09:52am (2 docs)
Pharmacy : NA
Uterus lining : 5mm
Right - 9 and 7mm (others remain)
Left - 8mm (others remain)

Day 14 (21 Dec 2015)
Reach KKH : 07:43am
Q no : 3
Completed ultrasound : 08:12am
Completed doc review : 09:10am (2 docs and i missed my q no)
Pharmacy : 09:25am, waiting time 10 mins
Uterus lining : 8mm triple
Right - 14.5mm (others remain)
Left - 13mm (others remain)
Ovulation : Tested negative using my own clearblue kit

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75

Notes :
Doc advised to cont to test the ovulation the next day.
If positive -> proceed to KKH to scan
If negative -> proceed with the jab and scan will be on Wed

Day 15 (22 Dec 2015)

Reach KKH : 07:47am
Q no : 5
Completed ultrasound : 08:29am
Completed doc review : 09:02am (1 doc - different doc thatn previous visits)
Pharmacy : 09:38am, waiting time 16 mins
IUI process : waited 1 hour for the nurse to explain IUI procedure and for the ovulation jab
Puregon dosage : NA
Uterus lining : 8.5mm triple
Right - 16mm (others remain)
Left - 14.5mm hazzy(others remain)

paid at pharmacy
- chorionic gonadotrophin = $16.77
- azithromycin = $2.92 (for 4 tablets) -> the day before IUI
- dydrogesterone = $71.06 (for 38 tables) -> after IUI
Total $97.09 included GST

TOTAL cost : $1469.1 (excluded IUI procedure)
----------------------------

The KKIVF clinic opens : 7.30am
Ultrasound starts : 8am (sometimes they will start earlier, and on my day 7 visits, there were 2 docs for ultrasound, maybe alot of people on that day), one scan i think less than 5 mins
Doc review starts : 9am (sometimes they will start earlier, 2 docs all my visits except today, maybe today lesser people), one scan i think less around 5 mins unless the patient has alot of queries
Pharmacy : This week is holiday season, maybe lesser people

CLEARBLUE

I bought my clearblue digital ovulation kit from Watson (there was 20%), original price $65.35 - 20% = $52.28 for 7 kits.
There is a qoo10 seller selling $45.90 for 7 kits and $69.80 for 20 kits.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BEST-REVIEW-CLEARBLUE-EASY-DIGITAL/410250195

Why i didn't buy from qoo10 : because i last min decided to use clearblue instead of david ovulation and unable to meet with the seller on sun to collect, that's why i bought from watson.

I brought the kits with me on my day 14 scan instead of using theirs. i think they are charging $16.05 each.

TEA
I bought mine tea from iherb
http://sg.iherb.com/Alvita-Teas-Organic-Raspberry-Caffeine-Free-24-Tea-Bags-1-41-oz-40-g/49814
http://sg.iherb.com/Traditional-Med...ine-Free-16-Wrapped-Tea-Bags-85-oz-24-g/45314

ENSURE
I bought mine from NTUC last Thu, $35.90

Last edited:
Hi Hajar,

Day 1 - Called KKH to inform on the start of AF

Day 2

1. Went to ivf centre (press no 4), gotten the prescription from the nurse
2. Purchased the puregon from pharmacy (waited 30 mins), come with an ice pack that can last 2 hours
3. Went to ivf centre (press no 2), there is a nurse that will demo how to do the injection
4. Start of with 50ml puregon and will go for ultrasound next mon to check for follicle size and whether need to increase the puregon dosage

paid at clinic d
- doc review and ultrasound = $535
- injection = $22
- registration = $105
Total $708.34

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75
- folic acid = $1.50 (for 30 tablets)
Total $221.76

Day 7 (14 Dec 2015)
Reach KKH : 08:12am
Q no : 17
Completed ultrasound : 08:52am
Completed doc review : 09:42 (2 docs)
Pharmacy : 09:49am, waiting time 7 mins
Uterus lining : 2.8mm
Right - 5, 5, and 4mm
Left - 6.5, 4 and 4mm

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75

Day 11 (18 Dec 2015)

Reach KKH : 08:07am
Q no : 21
Completed ultrasound : 09:37am
Completed doc review : 09:52am (2 docs)
Pharmacy : NA
Uterus lining : 5mm
Right - 9 and 7mm (others remain)
Left - 8mm (others remain)

Day 14 (21 Dec 2015)
Reach KKH : 07:43am
Q no : 3
Completed ultrasound : 08:12am
Completed doc review : 09:10am (2 docs and i missed my q no)
Pharmacy : 09:25am, waiting time 10 mins
Uterus lining : 8mm triple
Right - 14.5mm (others remain)
Left - 13mm (others remain)
Ovulation : Tested negative using my own clearblue kit

paid at pharmacy
- puregon 300 = $205.75

Notes :
Doc advised to cont to test the ovulation the next day.
If positive -> proceed to KKH to scan
If negative -> proceed with the jab and scan will be on Wed

Day 15 (22 Dec 2015)

Reach KKH : 07:47am
Q no : 5
Completed ultrasound : 08:29am
Completed doc review : 09:02am (1 doc - different doc thatn previous visits)
Pharmacy : 09:38am, waiting time 16 mins
IUI process : waited 1 hour for the nurse to explain IUI procedure and for the ovulation jab
Puregon dosage : NA
Uterus lining : 8.5mm triple
Right - 16mm (others remain)
Left - 14.5mm hazzy(others remain)

paid at pharmacy
- chorionic gonadotrophin = $16.77
- azithromycin = $2.92 (for 4 tablets) -> the day before IUI
- dydrogesterone = $71.06 (for 38 tables) -> after IUI
Total $97.09 included GST

TOTAL cost : $1469.1 (excluded IUI procedure)

The KKIVF clinic opens : 7.30am
Ultrasound starts : 8am (sometimes they will start earlier, and on my day 7 visits, there were 2 docs for ultrasound, maybe alot of people on that day), one scan i think less than 5 mins
Doc review starts : 9am (sometimes they will start earlier, 2 docs all my visits except today, maybe today lesser people), one scan i think less around 5 mins unless the patient has alot of queries
Pharmacy : This week is holiday season, maybe lesser people

CLEARBLUE

I bought my clearblue digital ovulation kit from Watson (there was 20%), original price $65.35 - 20% = $52.28 for 7 kits.
There is a qoo10 seller selling $45.90 for 7 kits and $69.80 for 20 kits.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BEST-REVIEW-CLEARBLUE-EASY-DIGITAL/410250195

Why i didn't buy from qoo10 : because i last min decided to use clearblue instead of david ovulation and unable to meet with the seller on sun to collect, that's why i bought from watson.

I brought the kits with me on my day 14 scan instead of using theirs. i think they are charging $16.05 each.

TEA
I bought mine tea from iherb
http://sg.iherb.com/Alvita-Teas-Organic-Raspberry-Caffeine-Free-24-Tea-Bags-1-41-oz-40-g/49814
http://sg.iherb.com/Traditional-Med...ine-Free-16-Wrapped-Tea-Bags-85-oz-24-g/45314

ENSURE
I bought mine from NTUC last Thu, $35.90
Oh myyyyy thanks alot for the wonderful detailed info!!!! Seriously me cannot wait to start all this tho thinking abt needle injecting freaks hell outa me...but put that asides andour dream shall be fulfilled

Oh myyyyy thanks alot for the wonderful detailed info!!!! Seriously me cannot wait to start all this tho thinking abt needle injecting freaks hell outa me...but put that asides andour dream shall be fulfilled

Hi hajar,

for the injection part, if you scare to inject yourself, you can get KKH nurse to assist but need to pay.

forgot to put a note on my previous post, the times might be varies by few minutes ya .. i just based on the time i updated my DH via whatsapp.

today the nurse helped on the ovulation trigger jab, was painful .. and then stomach cramps ... especially when standing / walking :( the doc gave me MC ...

Hi pimpim
You are very detailed and brave girl. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi ladies
May I ask if I can start trying again in the next cycle after I have done hsg? I did hsg this cycle, I guess it is not advisable to try, correct me if I am wrong?

I have a blocked tube, based on monthly day 12 scan, i O on every alter month, so there is hope. Given I done hsg this month, I did not go for day 12 scan.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi pimpim
You are very detailed and brave girl. Thanks so much for sharing!

Hi ladies
May I ask if I can start trying again in the next cycle after I have done hsg? I did hsg this cycle, I guess it is not advisable to try, correct me if I am wrong?

I have a blocked tube, based on monthly day 12 scan, i O on every alter month, so there is hope. Given I done hsg this month, I did not go for day 12 scan.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi babymilo,

I did my hsg at KKH last March and suspected the left tube was blocked.
The doc suggested to go for "fallopian tube recanalization" to reconfirm whether the left tube is really really blocked.
But im worry as this is a onsurgical procedure .... so i decided to go for second round of hsg.
I went to thomson for the hsg and it was not blocked.

I actually had terrible experience for hsg.
After the hsg, i had bad acid reflux and was mc for almost 1 week.

I read from forum before that sometimes hsg will help to clear blockage.
Maybe you can consider to go for second round of hsg ?

Hi all

Completed my iui procedure today.

DH passed his semen around 8.15am and the nurse told to go back between 10.30am to 11.00am.

I reached KKH around 9.45am and took beak fast at kopitiam.

Proceed to KKH IVF, press no 2 and my q no was 2018.

Waited around 30 mins for the nurse to reconfirm that DH passed the semen and my bladder is full.

Proceeded to the waiting area at the semen bank. Am the only couple there. So just waited less than 5 minutes before proceed to the room.

Waited around 10 mins in the procedure room for the doc.

The whole procedure took less than 2 minutes.

I rested around 15 mins after the procedure.

The whole cost - $463.84.

Hi all

Completed my iui procedure today.

DH passed his semen around 8.15am and the nurse told to go back between 10.30am to 11.00am.

I reached KKH around 9.45am and took beak fast at kopitiam.

Proceed to KKH IVF, press no 2 and my q no was 2018.

Waited around 30 mins for the nurse to reconfirm that DH passed the semen and my bladder is full.

Proceeded to the waiting area at the semen bank. Am the only couple there. So just waited less than 5 minutes before proceed to the room.

Waited around 10 mins in the procedure room for the doc.

The whole procedure took less than 2 minutes.

I rested around 15 mins after the procedure.

The whole cost - $463.84.
Hi Pimpim,

So overall your whole procedure of SO-IUI cost about $1900+
Did you claim everything through your Medisave?

I'm new to this forum although I've been reading since I've been trying to get pregnant for 2 years ...my DH has some issues such as Low motility and Low morphology...he went for an op after consulting urologist, I went to lap survey to remove the small lumps in my uterus and hsg to check my tubes which are clear. We went to see the Tcm Doctor ban Choon chan for about six months, changed our diets....no cold drinks and food for both of us especially me due to my cold uterus, no spicy food for me since it affects my ovulation, more home cooked food, less stress because both of us changed our jobs, exercise more and I started wearing Long sleeve clothes and socks to sleep, did cupping therapy for more than a year to cure my cold uterus and in my 2nd iui with dr l c Foong, I'm pregnant! It's a Long journey and I hope one day very soon, all of us would be blessed with a baby!

Merry Xmas. ..

My post iui symptoms

Day of the trigger jab - stomach cramp till around 5pm

1dpiui - sore nipples and stomach bloated
2dpiui - sore nipples and bad temper :(

Anyone has any idea what superfood to eat during the 2ww ?

All the best ladies , next month plan to go iui if everthing went well, pim pim how is the book sale

All the best :)

The book fair was crowded.. there were 2 levels.. due to large crowd, you are required to q again to enter level 1 if you exit from level 2.

Managed to buy 30 books @ sgd50 from level 1.

Books from level 2 were in better condition but not consider under the buffet. Bought 2 cook books and 1 colouring book..

Dear ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well!
Had some good deals from City Sq, JB today and to share here.

Clearblue OPK 5-pc-pack @ MYR95.75 @ Watsons (MYR110 @ Guardian) [MYR95.75/3~SGD32]
Clearblue HPT 2-pc-pack @ MYR45.35 @ Watsons (MYR46 @ Guardian) [MYR45.35/3~SGD15]

If you are planning for a shopping trip to JB, do get some!
Cheers!

Last edited:
Just exited TWW after SO-IUI#1 and entered another normal cycle :(

Some sharing about my SO-IUI#1...
CD2-CD6 - Letrozole
CD4-CD9 - Puregon, 75 iu and 50 iu alternate, ended with 75 iu
Side-effect with Letrozole or/and Puregon: headache slightly
CD10 - (am) OPK -ve; (11.30pm) Pregnyl hCG shot
CD12 - IUI
1DPIUI and onwards - Utrogestan vaginal insert nightly
CD1 (14DPIUI) - KO! AF reported :(
(18DPIUI) - bHCG BT scheduled :(

Good luck to ladies out there :) KEEP FIGHTING!

Just exited TWW after SO-IUI#1 and entered another normal cycle :(

Some sharing about my SO-IUI#1...
CD2-CD6 - Letrozole
CD4-CD9 - Puregon, 75 iu and 50 iu alternate, ended with 75 iu
Side-effect with Letrozole or/and Puregon: headache slightly
CD10 - (am) OPK -ve; (11.30pm) Pregnyl hCG shot
CD12 - IUI
1DPIUI and onwards - Utrogestan vaginal insert nightly
CD1 (14DPIUI) - KO! AF reported :(
(18DPIUI) - bHCG BT scheduled :(

Good luck to ladies out there :) KEEP FIGHTING!

Hi jean saw,

Well never, try again, as new cycle new hope. Are you scheduled for the next IUI in Jan 2016, or just trying naturally?

Heard that it is unusual to strike during the 1st iui.

Don't give up, and one day you will have your so desired baby the bundle of joy in your arms.

Hi jean saw,

Well never, try again, as new cycle new hope. Are you scheduled for the next IUI in Jan 2016, or just trying naturally?

Heard that it is unusual to strike during the 1st iui.

Don't give up, and one day you will have your so desired baby the bundle of joy in your arms.
Thanks ttc2014 for your words.
Will meet my gynae after the bHCG BT and see what his say, then only decide if going naturally or SO-IUI#2 next Jan.
Yes new cycle new HOPE!

Thanks ttc2014 for your words.
Will meet my gynae after the bHCG BT and see what his say, then only decide if going naturally or SO-IUI#2 next Jan.
Yes new cycle new HOPE!

Hi jean saw,

What I mean is never give up is the most important attitude.

Oh, still need to do BT even if AF reported? Which hospital are you with? If with KKIVF, as long as AF reported, no need to do blood test, if I remembered correctly.

Hi ladies, I went for hsg last week, going for blood test next week (second day of menses). so far U/S transvaginal scan & hsg is normal, likewise my hubby's semen analysis result is normal. Dunno what is the problem, I'm giving up hope to wait. intend to just go for IUI. but dunno if doctor will allow us to go straight for iui.

Hi ladies, I went for hsg last week, going for blood test next week (second day of menses). so far U/S transvaginal scan & hsg is normal, likewise my hubby's semen analysis result is normal. Dunno what is the problem, I'm giving up hope to wait. intend to just go for IUI. but dunno if doctor will allow us to go straight for iui.

Hi..

I'm with kkivf... I did hsg at kkh and the left tube suspected blocked. DH's semen analysis was okay .. due to my long cycle doc advised to go for chomid from 3 to 6 months then iui ...

They do have SOP
1. Check pelvis
2. Check semen
3. HSG
4. Clomid
5. IUI
6. IVF

I think I asked before whether we can proceed to IVF without IUI .. But they said can't .. must try at least 1 iui ..
You may ask ur gynae or hospital

Back