(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

actually i didn't give much thought to it and all along I knew Nan was closer to breastmilk consistency so it's a good choice. I gave Nan since birth.
meadjohnson and abbott actually have extended range into prescription formulas for milk allergy babies as well besides the wide range available at supermarkets.
It's just a personal thought and feel, I didn't do any research on this. I based it off the fact that my LO was on the prescription formulas for a while back then. But if LO prefers Nan i would gladly stick to it loh. lol.

just a thought - why u want give Nan HA and not Nan Pro? Cos if no allergy pr digestive issues dun really need HA...

Because my boy has a bit eczema so I thought HA will be better..

C
actually i didn't give much thought to it and all along I knew Nan was closer to breastmilk consistency so it's a good choice. I gave Nan since birth.
meadjohnson and abbott actually have extended range into prescription formulas for milk allergy babies as well besides the wide range available at supermarkets.
It's just a personal thought and feel, I didn't do any research on this. I based it off the fact that my LO was on the prescription formulas for a while back then. But if LO prefers Nan i would gladly stick to it loh. lol.

just a thought - why u want give Nan HA and not Nan Pro? Cos if no allergy pr digestive issues dun really need HA...

My boy has eczema thats why I thought HA is better..

Hi mummies, celebrating my hubby n my birthday this weekend. Thinking to go hotel for buffet with baby. Any hotel to recommend? Need to think of when bb cry n we can bring him go around and come back continue to eat. Though is challenging but really hope to celebrate our birthday with the LO. Best is near mrt. Thank you :)

Hi mummies, celebrating my hubby n my birthday this weekend. Thinking to go hotel for buffet with baby. Any hotel to recommend? Need to think of when bb cry n we can bring him go around and come back continue to eat. Though is challenging but really hope to celebrate our birthday with the LO. Best is near mrt. Thank you :)

Hi gleaflim, happy birthday!!!
U may want to check out this link https://www.shopback.sg/blog/post/best-buffets-in-singapore-happening-now
Half the price for the same enjoyment!!! Yeah!
I tried Marriot before & it's not bad. Hoping to try Mosaic, Swissotel & TripleOne soon too! All's near mrt as well!
Hope u & hubby & lil one will enjoy yourselves!!! :)

I have been dreamfeeding my boy since he's about 3 months.. Now he so used to it that when I put handkerchief at his neck, he will auto open his mouth even he is not awake.. Haha... So cute... :p

My boy now getting very chubby, difficult to carry him using one hand already...

Got to know that swimming is good for baby development. My boy is 6 months old and i am planning to form a group of 6 infants to start a swimming class. Any mummy interested to join the group? The venue would be at The Peak at Balmeg Hill condo's swimming pool next to haw par villa mrt. Thanks. My contact is 976 55 211

Because my boy has a bit eczema so I thought HA will be better..

Oh Okok understand...my girl has eczema and I also put her on HA. But I actually suspect no protein allergy so normal formula also shouldn't have any diff for her case. Suspect only though....haha

Hi anyone have exprience on bb reflux?? Any recommeded formula milk? Getting frustrated...

My girl had reflux since birth...the day she was born and in hospital alrdy have it. By 2-3 mths, she would spit up so much I wonder she really got drink enough or not. Lol.

Anyways I heard and also personally experience "heavier" formulas tend to stay down better. When she was on Nan, spit up a lot. Similac soy (isomil) very dense, doesn't spit up at all. (Basically soy formulas are denser) Huge difference for her case. HA or not she spits up all the same, so definitely not the issue with hypoallergenic formulas.

But some mummies shared on the fb group I'm in, baby reflux could be due to unsuitable formula, sometimes just switch to the HA formula/total comfort/gentle ease range will resolve it Liao.

Oh Okok understand...my girl has eczema and I also put her on HA. But I actually suspect no protein allergy so normal formula also shouldn't have any diff for her case. Suspect only though....haha

Actually I also don't know what's he allegry too.. But recently seem like more under controlled liao..

U mean the xmas event? Nope.. Be joining other smaller grps xmas gathering instead. Cos too big group hard to mingle.. But its a gd price for the event!

Yup seems a big gp. I haven't attended any of the events before. Perhaps we can have a forum gp event when our littles one is about one.

Just wondering are u using fresh pear or use heinz pear puree? Fresh pear is it the yellow type?
For my lo, i haven start any heinz products. My #1 had some but i feel its quite sweet. So decided not to give for this little one.
Lo starting to sit up by himself finally, but when he let go both hands, he will hit his head. Wad you all do abt it? Let them hit and learn? Hee.

I gave banana for my LO during dinner just now then feed her milk before she sleeps... Till now she haven't wake up to ask for feed. Is banana more filling than other food I tried like avocado apple?
So now I'm pumping here... Yawn...

I gave banana for my LO during dinner just now then feed her milk before she sleeps... Till now she haven't wake up to ask for feed. Is banana more filling than other food I tried like avocado apple?
So now I'm pumping here... Yawn...
I heard that banana could be sweeter for babies hence the sugar rush which makes them more active. In your case though it seems the opposite :)

Hi mummies...

Had been a silent reader since preggy :oops: Now most of our LOs are going to/have started on semi solids... ;)

Have only gave mine pumpkin, carrots and Eu Ren Seng's brown rice so far.. Keen to start her on porridge, how do you prepare LO's porridge? TIA!

Hi mummies...

Had been a silent reader since preggy :oops: Now most of our LOs are going to/have started on semi solids... ;)

Have only gave mine pumpkin, carrots and Eu Ren Seng's brown rice so far.. Keen to start her on porridge, how do you prepare LO's porridge? TIA!
I also plan to start porridge next month :) my fren taught me to cook porridge in normal pot and add whatever u wana add, then transfer to blender and blend till mushy..

Hi mummies...

I boil abt a handful of rice, sometimes I add a couple pcs of ikan bilis as stock. I also add carrots to the rice. While the porridge is boiling at abt the last 5-10 mins of cooking time, I add a strainer to the top of the pan and steam spinach/ fish /corn /long beans etc...

Once cook, normally I blend everything separately. So I can mix and match when preparing for a meal. U can blend everything together if u want to as well. To your preference.

I boil abt a handful of rice, sometimes I add a couple pcs of ikan bilis as stock. I also add carrots to the rice. While the porridge is boiling at abt the last 5-10 mins of cooking time, I add a strainer to the top of the pan and steam spinach/ fish /corn /long beans etc...

Once cook, normally I blend everything separately. So I can mix and match when preparing for a meal. U can blend everything together if u want to as well. To your preference.
Mix and match sounds good! At least LO wont get sick of the same combi.. For corn, its baby corn?

I used those frozen corns. But a bit mah fan ah. When blend, the 'skin' of the kernels, some not blended properly. Gotta hand pick. I didnt use much corn tho. Just for the sweetness taste. I blend fish together with corn.

This is how I normally do my LO's meal. Today's menu is, fish porridge, spinach, carrots and broccoli.

Attachments

• 1447907545036.jpg
    1447907545036.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 1447907559382.jpg
    1447907559382.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 165
Icic.. was thinking if LO can swallow the corns kennels cos dont think they'll soften much even after cooking for long..

Cool idea! So just take 1 cube will do each time..

Just bought some small bananas today, gonna try later :)

Small banana is good to try...my bb loves it.
Today I steamed whole apple for her..she don't like it..basically don't wanna eat. :(
Start to be picky of food??!

Small banana is good to try...my bb loves it.
Today I steamed whole apple for her..she don't like it..basically don't wanna eat. :(
Start to be picky of food??!

Steamed apple taste more sour.. That time I steam my boy also don't like but strangely when my mum steam he likes it.. o_O

I mix apple with pears. Taste better tho. Sometimes I add a lil banana to the mixture. Even I like it. Hehhee...

normally I boil my apples and pears. Not so much water, and use the same water to blend.

I mix apple with pears. Taste better tho. Sometimes I add a lil banana to the mixture. Even I like it. Hehhee...

normally I boil my apples and pears. Not so much water, and use the same water to blend.
Hi mummy, may I know which kind of spinach do I buy? Do u have a pic of the vege? Cos ntuc sells a few kinds of spinach

My lo ate 8 days of cereal den fallen ill. My mom bought different brand den he started coughing -.-
No chance tried home made pureé either...

My lo ate 8 days of cereal den fallen ill. My mom bought different brand den he started coughing -.-
No chance tried home made pureé either...

So change to eat cereal may fall sick also??! Cos mine also.. I gave a few days of the Bellamy porridge cereal and she also started having flu & cough! Sianz... hear her phlegm & cough. .feel like she's so poor thing.. :(
Hope Davian gets well soon! And all babies remain healthy & happy!
Happy weekend ladies! :)

Hihi... my lo going to 7 month in 3 more days. I feed her the porridge since last 2 weeks on wards .. but seem like she still not very good to swallow.. end up she feel angry and throw her temper... aikz... anyone encounted this???

Hihi... my lo going to 7 month in 3 more days. I feed her the porridge since last 2 weeks on wards .. but seem like she still not very good to swallow.. end up she feel angry and throw her temper... aikz... anyone encounted this???
Mine also! Dunno why he so angry. He super dun like broccoli. I feel my lo drinking same amt of milk though he is taking some solids.

Mine also! Dunno why he so angry. He super dun like broccoli. I feel my lo drinking same amt of milk though he is taking some solids.

My bb also drinking same amount of milk even though he is taking solid. I noticed that if I give him solid when is time for feed, he will get very angry and crying while eating. Now I will give him milk first. Then 1 or 2 hour later give him solid. I think when he is hungry, eating solid is too slow to fill up his stomach. :)

I fed my bb with smashed avocado today. She only ate 1/4 of it. Is it too little? We are trying to let her taste avocado for first few days before trying out others..

Back