IVF/ICSI Support Group

1 more day of puregon and trigger tomorrow night. Er on Saturday and if there's successful fertilization then mon transplant day 2 embryo. Doctor say follicles reading r reasonable no risk of ohss but still .. I rather watch and minimize. Any further delay and the quality of eggs may degrade and doctor says usually they extract any thing from more than 10mm follicles cos there might be ready eggs as well. Better to have gd quality eggs instead of alot of follicles but bad quality eggs. Feeling nervous for ER

All the best dear... relax...!!

wow! so many unemployed mummies-to-be! All leave the corporate world to stay at home. It's a luxury (if you do not need to worry about bills, holidays, restaurants etc)

All super duper brave!

Hi can i ask does embryo shape mean anything? One of my embryos look oval.

So far I've not heard embryo shape is oval or shape is contributor to ivf outcome.

I happened to read before the links.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22890423
http://www.advancedfertility.com/abnorm8c.htm

Just to share some sisters (including me) have had embryos with good grade n good shape but yet we are still trying.
So no need to worry especially if the doc or embryologist willing to transfer the embryos it must be there's a chance of it implantating n surviving.

Last edited:
Did my 2nd scan today, and my lining is 10 triple, and biggest follicles only 14.5mm And 5 follicles are between 11 to 13mm and the rest are pretty small like only 5mm. I have another day of puregon 300 today and going for another scan tomorrow. What can I get myself prepare for ER now? Doctor never mention when I can do my ER but just say see how's the scan tomorrow. Sister here, what is your experience with ER?

wow! so many unemployed mummies-to-be! All leave the corporate world to stay at home. It's a luxury (if you do not need to worry about bills, holidays, restaurants etc)

All super duper brave!
Actually not that don't have to worry, will still worry but try hard to make do with simpler lifestyle choices lo.
Some of us really hard to continue working esp if work type demands too much commitment or not suitable for IVF journey. Some workplace may not be emphathetic to fertility challenged employees so will add stress too.
Working or not working while on IVF treatments, one thing for sure, women are truly super strong species!

Last edited:
Yes. Me too. I quitted my full time job beginning of this year. As I find the job is very stressful caused me to have very serious body aching as sitting long hour and meet multiple deadlines all the times. I quit bcos I find my age can't wait further and I always wanted a kid as soon as possible.

It is a tough decision but having my own kid is more important to me.
I am full of admiration for you ladies who quit your job in pursuit of baby making. I'm definitely taking this seriously now maybe have to work out finances.

My result is bfn. Next try is January I think depending on doctor's review.

I am full of admiration for you ladies who quit your job in pursuit of baby making. I'm definitely taking this seriously now maybe have to work out finances.

GraceBB, stay positive and don't give up hope.
Hope you recover well and try again when you are ready.
It's the courage to continue the fight that counts and gives hope!
*HUGS*

Did my 2nd scan today, and my lining is 10 triple, and biggest follicles only 14.5mm And 5 follicles are between 11 to 13mm and the rest are pretty small like only 5mm. I have another day of puregon 300 today and going for another scan tomorrow. What can I get myself prepare for ER now? Doctor never mention when I can do my ER but just say see how's the scan tomorrow. Sister here, what is your experience with ER?

Ya, maybe see how the scan is tomorrow then get ready the preparations for ER. Continue with lotsa egg whites and water to prevent OHSS.

I have also quitted my job for ivf this jul. Boss is not empathy towards me keep mia (took time off and the 2ww HL). The past 2 circles resulted in my poor appraisal done by her as i am always not in office although deadline was not delayed. Boss is a single lady in her mid 50s and has no idea ivf is a tough road to juggle work and time and all. When i resigned with reason for ivf, i can see the relief in her eyes that i am leaving on my own accord and not going to mia again for another new ivf cycle.

You do not have to quit your job if your boss empthaise your decision to do ivf. I admire those who work and have good boss who empthatise with their need to be away from work for ivf. I mean isnt this sg govt initiative, baby-making??

My turn for bt tomorrow. Previously failed 3x iui, 1 fresh n 1 frozen. I'm on my 2nd fresh. No matter how many times n how I try to tell myself to 看开. It is always super stressful at this point. Now I sit also cannot , stand also cannot. N planning to go work tomorrow to get my mind off.

My turn for bt tomorrow. Previously failed 3x iui, 1 fresh n 1 frozen. I'm on my 2nd fresh. No matter how many times n how I try to tell myself to 看开. It is always super stressful at this point. Now I sit also cannot , stand also cannot. N planning to go work tomorrow to get my mind off.
Stay positive! ++++jia you! All the best!

kitty16 said:
Good luck babe! All the best. This is something u can't control so don't think too much and just wait for the results ! Waiting for for u to shower me with baby dusts

I have also quitted my job for ivf this jul. Boss is not empathy towards me keep mia (took time off and the 2ww HL). The past 2 circles resulted in my poor appraisal done by her as i am always not in office although deadline was not delayed. Boss is a single lady in her mid 50s and has no idea ivf is a tough road to juggle work and time and all. When i resigned with reason for ivf, i can see the relief in her eyes that i am leaving on my own accord and not going to mia again for another new ivf cycle.

You do not have to quit your job if your boss empthaise your decision to do ivf. I admire those who work and have good boss who empthatise with their need to be away from work for ivf. I mean isnt this sg govt initiative, baby-making??
Since you left, don't let it affect you anymore, really not worth it. You feel upset or miss your paycheck, only you suffer and affect your health but your former boss won't feel your pain. Focus on TTC, forge ahead, just do your best and hope for the best!

Out of curiosity, I thought I ask the experts in this forum for enlightenment.

If on second cycle with FET, do I need to go through injections again. What does the course entails?

Would appreciate your sharing so I can better psyche myself for next round. From now until then would you suggest to do Tcm?

Hihi
I cant recall the medicine but v likely its to increase his hormone. The urologist is Dr Simon Chong. No onlY increased sperm count.. nothing on motility.
I would say if the urologist is also passionate in male infertility than good cos the doctor can help your husband. If not you are only paying his salary. Fyi DH didn't continue seeing the urologist.
Where are you doing your ivf?
I'm not cycling now. Doing next year. With dr tan HH. Not sure if seeing a urologist is a waste of time...

Totally feel you... I find tww the toughest too in the ivf journey. But there's nothing u can do now, except to take a deep breath and surrender. Good luck for your BT tomorrow and keep us updated. Jia you!!!

Kudos to all brave woman out there. I was also comtemplating on quitting. But after speaking to my boss,he suggested unpaid leave instead. So maybi try talking to boss abt unpaid leave option.

I think we are reali brave to brave through injections, this ttc journey n also to e extent to give up our job or income.

Lets jiayou n dun let negetivity get down us. Let positivity shower us till we fight till e end.

Out of curiosity, I thought I ask the experts in this forum for enlightenment.

If on second cycle with FET, do I need to go through injections again. What does the course entails?

Would appreciate your sharing so I can better psyche myself for next round. From now until then would you suggest to do Tcm?
I did a medicated FET. I was given mercilon and progynova. Only had one butt jab. One scan before ET to confirm lining is thick enough. The butt jab costs $300+ and is not covered under IVF subsidy or Medisave. I continued with weekly acupuncture throughout. The meds gave me terrible mood swings and also caused my skin to breakout. Otherwise it was ok.

I feel you...

Any sisters here drink Dom to 补生子? Is it ok to drink shots like alternate nights?
I drink almost every nite except if i m drinking milk. My tcm told me i can mix dom with her medicine powder as well. Coz she advise my womb is rather cold... so dom will help in a way. Hope it help u.

I'm not cycling now. Doing next year. With dr tan HH. Not sure if seeing a urologist is a waste of time...

If your DH doesnt have issues then no need. But i suppose dr Tan also recommend or prescribe supplements for him should he requires, no?
Unless it is a serious male issue then urologist will be required for any surgery. If not i think your DH can take supplements to help increase his sperm health.

For sisters who are concerned about spotting, just thought I would like to share my experience. I had brown spotting 2dp5dt (transferred 1 hatching and 1 early blastocyst on 4 Nov) and it lasted for 7 days. I was worried too back then. Today I did my blood test and hcg is at 925, which the nurse told me is an indication of pregnancy! So please stay positive and dun give up hope.
Showering baby dust. :)

Grabbing your baby dusts. Have a smooth 9 months ahead. Jiayou.

Is acupuncture recommended during ivf cycle?

Acupuncture is designed to complement ivf and it does help in various aspects like improving blood flow and ovulation and endometrial development.
I also read in Europe and Australia the gals are going to acupuncture and some reported acupuncture helps implantation.

Hi sisters, I am currently taking GNC prenatal programme set supplements which includes prenatal formula with Iron,DHA and women's calcium 600. Can I take the blackmoore CoQ 10 at the same time , will it be too much supplements ?
Can any sister show me the picture of CoQ 10 balckmoore? They have two types of CoQ ? Confuse , don't know which one to buy

Is this one correct ? I found this in NTUC , but doesn't indicate 75 mg or 150mg
The one u found is 50mg.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 88
Thank you Towkayneo. I'm visiting the hospital at noon for early blood test. I think it's a bfn somehow I feel it. Just wondering how to plan forward now. With heavy workload, a traveling job it is very difficult to go forward and full force with what I want. Do any of you ladies face similar issues and how do you cope with it?
My prev job also requires extensive travelling, such as 1 month only home for 2 days...I quitted my job and rested home for a couple of months....till money reserve runs low then find a job that requires no travelling....but of course lower pay.

Acupuncture is designed to complement ivf and it does help in various aspects like improving blood flow and ovulation and endometrial development.
I also read in Europe and Australia the gals are going to acupuncture and some reported acupuncture helps implantation.

Yes, like what many of the sisters here said. Many are accompanying Tcm with ivf.

For me, I just cannot bear with the stress of going for both Tcm and ivf at the same Time. (For me the time to travel to Tcm , wait in the q, etc) during my ivf cycle, I will be quite tired so I will rest in the evening after work. As I am with Sgh, they do not recommend Tcm in their instructions.
But I do take Lrd tea and red bean soup to supplement. And I go for more alternative method- healing, as least during the session I am very relaxed.

My Half-past-six advice (cos I have never succeeded before)

Dear ladies, I m new here and would like to know more abt IVF! What do you all mean by "follicles" and "lining"? Thanks in advance!

My prev job also requires extensive travelling, such as 1 month only home for 2 days...I quitted my job and rested home for a couple of months....till money reserve runs low then find a job that requires no travelling....but of course lower pay.

Kudos and respect To the ladies who made the choice of realigning their career for the sake of family. I also consulted some sisters earlier in the discussion. It is a very hard decision n I have been thinking for more than a year. Still status quo cos I do have some financial constraints.

Let's all jia you !

Kudos and respect To the ladies who made the choice of realigning their career for the sake of family. I also consulted some sisters earlier in the discussion. It is a very hard decision n I have been thinking for more than a year. Still status quo cos I do have some financial constraints.

Let's all jia you !

Don't worry.. like some sisters here said, if the environment and boss is understanding, is pretty ok to continue working.. =)

Dear ladies, I m new here and would like to know more abt IVF! What do you all mean by "follicles" and "lining"? Thanks in advance!
Darling welcome. If you need ivf treatment, don't worry as you will learn along the way. Your clinic will provide counseling and guide you before starting.
I've not found a SG site by local clinic that gives extensive library on ivf. Suggesting this one from a Chicago clinic which is pretty comprehensive -
http://www.advancedfertility.com/ivfprocedures.htm
This is a good start for reading. Just take note that ivf protocol for each patient in terms of schedule & meds may differ based on clinic practice & individual condition.
If you hv more specific qns after reading, can post in this forum. I'm sure many sisters here will help if they can share based on their experience.
All the best! :)

Last edited:
If i don't succeed with ivf in bkk, i decide to do it again in Spore to use up the govt grant b4 reaching 40. I need some advice to which hospital in the west has least waiting time for ivf, scans, consultation etc? Coz if i can make it to office by 9 will be best, then need not take leave or time off so often.

Been having stomachache and cramping after the antibiotics which are to be taken prior to ER. Likely due to antibiotics? Some sisters seem to report diarrhea

If i don't succeed with ivf in bkk, i decide to do it again in Spore to use up the govt grant b4 reaching 40. I need some advice to which hospital in the west has least waiting time for ivf, scans, consultation etc? Coz if i can make it to office by 9 will be best, then need not take leave or time off so often.
There are only 3 hospitals that offer government subsidised ivf- kkh, nuh, sgh. Sgh is closing for a while for renovation . There is a thread on nuh under Prof Wong.

Nuh the best under prof. Coz prof starts his clinic at 8am or earlier. You will be done by 8.30am.

Been having stomachache and cramping after the antibiotics which are to be taken prior to ER. Likely due to antibiotics? Some sisters seem to report diarrhea
Maybe. I had diarrohea after the antibiotics too. But that time didnt know if it was due to the meds. Perhaps you call the ivf clinic and enquire about it?

Maybe. I had diarrohea after the antibiotics too. But that time didnt know if it was due to the meds. Perhaps you call the ivf clinic and enquire about it?
Antibiotics can upset your tummy's natural flora, therefore causing bloatedness, diarrhea, etc. Can take probiotics to rebalance, but must be at least 2 hours apart from antibiotics.

Dear sisters, anyone knows what happens after getting positive result for chromosome abnormalities from blood test? My hubby's result will be out
in abt 2 wks time but I'm worried if its not gd, does it mean we are not suitable for ivf?

Hi Ladies,

I wanna know more about IVF success rate as i will be going through it in 3-4 months time.
I want to be mentally prepared.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all

I just got a BFN for my first IVF cycle today. My menses should come soon. The strange thing is I've been feeling sick in the stomach since 5am. I threw up every single thing that went into my tummy including water and I'm also having diarrhea. I've lost count how many times I did both. Does anyone experience this? I wonder if I am down with gastric flu or is this my body's way of purging the progynova and crinone I've been stuffing into myself. My hcg level was less than 2 which means the 11-cell embryo didn't grow inside me but I continued to stuff myself with the med/gel for 2 weeks since there is no way of knowing before the 2ww is over. My body is normally ultra sensitive to all kinds of med. For example I had to stop the Chinese med from my physician because it got me so energised I couldn't sleep after taking it. I'm just wondering if what I'm going through now is normal....

Hi Ladies,

I wanna know more about IVF success rate as i will be going through it in 3-4 months time.
I want to be mentally prepared.
Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Can check it out on the clinics' websites what they state about success rates -

Back