IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi twinkletot, I tink we b cycle buddies, I may hv to go for 2nd fresh, jus failed FET,
usually after a failed cycle, next doc review is ard 1month time depend on doc schedule too, my review is end oct. Are u ready to go for earliest next round iVF ??i failed my 1st fresh in July. I am still in the midst curing my mental n physical health. :(
Hugs. I understand how u feel. I went to tcm yesterday. Was told my pulse was weak. Ask me to rest longer before gg to 2nd fresh. My mum was against me gg for another cycle. She is worried abt my health n told me to 有bb就有没有就算. My friend told me health is more important then anything else. Easier said than done. When I tink I need to go through the jabs again, I shiver. When I tink I need to go through jab side effects like bloating, headache n nausea again, I shiver. But who want to go through this ivf route if given a choice? Who dunno ivf is invasive mentally n physically especially when failures keep knocking at our doors. This is really the last resort. It is so hard to let ppl understand wat we went through except u ladies here in this thread. Now I am really in a confusion state. Is giving up a better choice? I dunno. No answer at this point of time.

Or any ladies here can enlighten me?

Hi twinkletot
Understand how u feel. Hugs. For me I went thru 3fresh cycle n 2fet. Only managed to deliver at my 3rd fresh with no frozen embryo. I took half a yrs to Tiao both my physical n mentally before embark my 3rd cycle. I went for Tcm accupture. Took both Tcm n supplements for half a yrs. even do reiki healing. I would suggest that u rest n Tiao your body before going for another cycle. I started my IVF in 2010 until 2013. Now goon. For my 4th fresh cycle to try for another one. We all can reach our finishing line. Jiayou

Hugs. I understand how u feel. I went to tcm yesterday. Was told my pulse was weak. Ask me to rest longer before gg to 2nd fresh. My mum was against me gg for another cycle. She is worried abt my health n told me to 有bb就有没有就算. My friend told me health is more important then anything else. Easier said than done. When I tink I need to go through the jabs again, I shiver. When I tink I need to go through jab side effects like bloating, headache n nausea again, I shiver. But who want to go through this ivf route if given a choice? Who dunno ivf is invasive mentally n physically especially when failures keep knocking at our doors. This is really the last resort. It is so hard to let ppl understand wat we went through except u ladies here in this thread. Now I am really in a confusion state. Is giving up a better choice? I dunno. No answer at this point of time.

Persevere! I had 2 ectopic via natural and moved on to ivf in Aug. Failed my first cycle and nothing left in freezer. Got to restart the 2nd fresh cycle too. Like you, my mom said the same thing too... i mean it hurt them to see us going through all the jabs and for me, 2 surgery. She feels sad. But i told her this is something i really wanna try and i dont want to regret later. I believe one day miracle will happen to us.

Last Thurs, after passing out the big chunk of fetal tissues, I continue to bleed/spot till Saturday then there's nothing till now. This was after 11 days of blood flow. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have anymore menses / bleeding. I read that some sisters have blood flow following a mc.
Hi dramaqueenie, I had a mc @ 5wks and bleed 4 weeks before it stopped. and after 20 days my menses came.
It come 22 days and 1st 16 days the flow was so light that just panty-liner will do it. I understand our cycles will go haywire for 1-2 cycles after the mc.

Sian hor. We have to go through this just to get 1 baby,not many. Envy those people who can plan and pop babies as they wish. Previously before marriage,i thought so easy too and didnt expect such difficulty will landed on us. Who does no evil. Zzz. I also dunno if e injections will cause harm to our bodies in e future, yet we are going through it just because of e tiny wish again n again which may or may not be possible.

Wishing for a maricle

Yes dear... I was trying to give them a cuter name than Blastocysts. My friend says when I say that, I sound more like a scientist than an aspiring mother.
I learnt so many things from people here and how clever they are to come up with new names like embbies too.

Please don't be despair. Many times we tend to blame ourselves but there are a lot of other factors to consider. Hope you feel better... *hugs*

Persevere! I had 2 ectopic via natural and moved on to ivf in Aug. Failed my first cycle and nothing left in freezer. Got to restart the 2nd fresh cycle too. Like you, my mom said the same thing too... i mean it hurt them to see us going through all the jabs and for me, 2 surgery. She feels sad. But i told her this is something i really wanna try and i dont want to regret later. I believe one day miracle will happen to us.
It will happen! I am a good example. Try until YOU CAN, never say try until cannot (no such thing)

Hi dramaqueenie, I had a mc @ 5wks and bleed 4 weeks before it stopped. and after 20 days my menses came.
It come 22 days and 1st 16 days the flow was so light that just panty-liner will do it. I understand our cycles will go haywire for 1-2 cycles after the mc.
hey wondersss! how's you! i remember your nick.

Sian hor. We have to go through this just to get 1 baby,not many. Envy those people who can plan and pop babies as they wish. Previously before marriage,i thought so easy too and didnt expect such difficulty will landed on us. Who does no evil. Zzz. I also dunno if e injections will cause harm to our bodies in e future, yet we are going through it just because of e tiny wish again n again which may or may not be possible.

Wishing for a maricle
I agree lor, some people like my cousin has to consider undergoing ligation cos she doesn't want any more children. Some people are so lucky; a romantic candlelight dinner followed by hot steamy sex and you get a baby. For me, it's all about ultrasound scans, numerous jabs (my tummy makes me look like a drug addict), hours and hours of waiting just to see THH for 10 minutes just to have a baby (Though all the hard work is definitely worthwhile)

Well, those hormones jabs definitely have more or less an impact on our health - we may be more prone to breast cancer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-197979/How-IVF-affects-body.html

Hi towkayneo, im fine... actually did a fresh cycle in June but miscarriage (with twins) in 5 weeks..Did a mini confinement and now tiao-ing my body again and see try the last cycle as i do not have frosties.. low AMH la.. lols
@wondersss hi. Gd to hear from you again. Are u still with TSB now? I decide to stop her after with her for 2 yrs. Tired of measure bbt n brew herbs. My friend recommend me to chen mei er. Alot easier. Powdered type.

Hahah im also stopping TSB. Seeing her for 1 yr. The brewing medicine is really tiring.
Yes. When I told her I dun wan measure bbt anymore, she said cannot. So stressful especially after failed ivf she still want me to measure bbt. N continue to draw circle on fertile days. Alamak faint! :oops:

@wondersss hi. Gd to hear from you again. Are u still with TSB now? I decide to stop her after with her for 2 yrs. Tired of measure bbt n brew herbs. My friend recommend me to chen mei er. Alot easier. Powdered type.

Hey babe, im still with her and taking bbt very diligently for this cycle..lols cos all those previous cycles i dont take at all cos i keep forgetting.

For the brewing part, my FIL does the job so im still ok... lols

Im thinking to go to the Dr Tan Kian Seng at clementi for accpunture but the journey and waiting time kills...

Yes. When I told her I dun wan measure bbt anymore, she said cannot. So stressful especially after failed ivf she still want me to measure bbt. N continue to draw circle on fertile days. Alamak faint! :oops:
Ya! i gave up after like 4-5 consultations with her cos the brewing of herbs and the having to take the BBT is siong..
I think her herbs work for some friends of mine, her hubby's sperm was not very healthy (they tried for 2-3 years but to no avail), but after taking her magic potion, they have 2 daughters now. So they strongly believed in her.

Ya! i gave up after like 4-5 consultations with her cos the brewing of herbs and the having to take the BBT is siong..
I think her herbs work for some friends of mine, her hubby's sperm was not very healthy (they tried for 2-3 years but to no avail), but after taking her magic potion, they have 2 daughters now. So they strongly believed in her.
@towkayneo so are u with any other tcm now?

BT today. Scan this coming Friday. I will be going for BT again next Wed. If you are continuing your BT, we might just bump into each other. Haha...

Is it normal protocol to take the BT weekly? My Dr did once and did not request take again. I don't know if I should insist for a BT to be done everytime. I'm quite worried.

I've seen TSB for around 6 months after my 2nd fresh failed. Was hoping that it will improve my next cycle and also our natural attempts.

However my eggs quality for my 3rd fresh turned out to be poorer than the last cycle, and I was terribly disappointed. It may not be due to the herbs, but it certainly did not improve my condition. So my husband and I decided to stop going for consultations for the coming FET. It's a hard decision for me with a lot of what ifs.

Heart pain that all the time, effort and money put in has not help to improve my condition. Very envious when I see the baby photos on her wall, it works for some but not for me.

Just some things we have to go thru...
1) eggs too small la
2) eggs not fertilised la
3) eggs not blastocyst la
4) BFN la
5) BFP but then scan no heartbeat la.. yet

Just ranting.. just ranting.. a bit down for now... perhaps it's late implantation... perhaps it's a no go .. ;(

Just some things we have to go thru...
1) eggs too small la
2) eggs not fertilised la
3) eggs not blastocyst la
4) BFN la
5) BFP but then scan no heartbeat la.. yet

Just ranting.. just ranting.. a bit down for now... perhaps it's late implantation... perhaps it's a no go .. ;(
Shortcake2, don't worry too much now. Best is wait until BT for fully confirmed results. We get more troubled if we keep thinking what ifs.

Shortcake2, don't worry too much now. Best is wait until BT for fully confirmed results. We get more troubled if we keep thinking what ifs.

I wasn't even worrying until looking at the scan.. no hearbeat (yet) they say.. haiz... may be late implantation or just a no-go .. see la ... after bfp also have something to worry .

I've seen TSB for around 6 months after my 2nd fresh failed. Was hoping that it will improve my next cycle and also our natural attempts.

However my eggs quality for my 3rd fresh turned out to be poorer than the last cycle, and I was terribly disappointed. It may not be due to the herbs, but it certainly did not improve my condition. So my husband and I decided to stop going for consultations for the coming FET. It's a hard decision for me with a lot of what ifs.

Heart pain that all the time, effort and money put in has not help to improve my condition. Very envious when I see the baby photos on her wall, it works for some but not for me.

Same here I have been seeing her for nearly a year. I think I would like to stop seeing her. I did told her regarding my lining before. Seem like her herbal don't work on me. At least when I told Dr Zou she can still explain to me say my lining too thin can't do FET. I need to strengthen my lining and etc.

Stay positive! Jia you & all the best to you
An update ladies.

I am 8dp3dt and started spotting yesterday. Went back for blood test and result came back negative. :(. Seems like it's another failed cycle for me.......weep weep.

Doc requested me to be back next Monday for blood test to reconfirm again but unless there's a miracle, i think the result is more or less already out today.......

I hope you don't give up. @connie_hopeful, @jkoh, @piglet02 too, jia you!
My mum also have same worries and wanted me to give up le. But if give up now, I feel I will live with regrets.
My bleeding hasn't stop and I going to bring forward my BT to tomorrow to get over with it so can quickly get appt with doc.
Hoping for FET next.
Ladies, wherever you are in the journey now, stay strong and persevere! All the best!

I wasn't even worrying until looking at the scan.. no hearbeat (yet) they say.. haiz... may be late implantation or just a no-go .. see la ... after bfp also have something to worry .
**Hugs** this journey has many turns and bumps but don't let them take you down.
Try to stay positive. Praying all goes well for you.

An update ladies.

I am 8dp3dt and started spotting yesterday. Went back for blood test and result came back negative. :(. Seems like it's another failed cycle for me.......weep weep.

Doc requested me to be back next Monday for blood test to reconfirm again but unless there's a miracle, i think the result is more or less already out today.......

***hugs***
when I went in yesterday (was 11dp2dt for me), nurse would not test saying it's still too early. They just gave a PIO jab. Earliest they would do BT for me is tomorrow. If spotting doesn't escalate to more bleeding, there is still better chance. Perhaps it is really still too early and it isnt over till it is over.
I know nothing I say may truly comfort you at this point. Have a good cry to vent it out if you need, talk to hubby and grief together and discuss next steps, then take a breather, do whatever help to take your mind away. Easier said than done, I really know that.
It is hard to hang on to that glimmer of hope and while we still have to try, I feel it also helps to cushion any final crush by having a plan B in mind.
Please take care. Stay strong and let's jia you together.
Lots of love and tight warm hug

Hey babe, im still with her and taking bbt very diligently for this cycle..lols cos all those previous cycles i dont take at all cos i keep forgetting.

For the brewing part, my FIL does the job so im still ok... lols

Im thinking to go to the Dr Tan Kian Seng at clementi for accpunture but the journey and waiting time kills...
Oh mine... u have such a sweet FIL.
I fully agreed with twinkle.... absolutely hate the idea of taking temperature.

hello ladies,
those who have bfp with FET, I'm looking for any advice on what you did before the FET to enhance your chances with the FET.
I know you may have post to similar question before but as this forum has overwhelming posts,
i hope you do not mind answering again.

Oh mine... u have such a sweet FIL.
I fully agreed with twinkle.... absolutely hate the idea of taking temperature.
@jkoh n the frustrating part is from my 8 long pages of bbt chart, yes I need to emphasise 8 LONG PAGES all graphs very nice. She commented I got nice graph, good ovulation, temp high in the luteal phase and said with this type of graph I can conceive naturally. But till now zero result. So it really time to stop bbt n move on. I have tried my best but cannot work. No regrets.

@jkoh n the frustrating part is from my 8 long pages of bbt chart, yes I need to emphasise 8 LONG PAGES all graphs very nice. She commented I got nice graph, good ovulation, temp high in the luteal phase and said with this type of graph I can conceive naturally. But till now zero result. So it really time to stop bbt n move on. I have tried my best but cannot work. No regrets.

I can understand the anxiety of BBT charting...it's like the stock market, the whole world crash when BBT dips (which also means that menses are coming)...I personally think that BBT charting is good for the initial 1st year of trying a baby. Anything longer better seek professional help (I am more skewed to the ang moh docs cos they have scanners to see your insides)

hello ladies,
those who have bfp with FET, I'm looking for any advice on what you did before the FET to enhance your chances with the FET.
I know you may have post to similar question before but as this forum has overwhelming posts,
Hi Dawn, what I did then was to drink red bean soup (2 bowls) everyday to enhance my lining cos it had always been on the thinner side and I went jogging on alternate days (it was believed that exercising will enhance blood circulation to the uterus. Prior to that, I went to remove my remaining bad tube and asked the doc to do some scratches on the lining. I was given the green light to do the ET though the lining was 8mm.

I can understand the anxiety of BBT charting...it's like the stock market, the whole world crash when BBT dips (which also means that menses are coming)...I personally think that BBT charting is good for the initial 1st year of trying a baby. Anything longer better seek professional help (I am more skewed to the ang moh docs cos they have scanners to see your insides)
@towkayneo wahahaha...a very gd analogy btw stock market n bbt. Worse is my stock market normally crash sharply on the day of menses. At least if gradually crash day by day can get prepared n let go right? :D

@towkayneo wahahaha...a very gd analogy btw stock market n bbt. Worse is my stock market normally crash sharply on the day of menses. At least if gradually crash day by day can get prepared n let go right? :D
BBT is like that, it gives you hope when your BBT rises and suddenly crash all the way at a single point. I have done many months of BBT charting too, was with an old TCM physician at Serangoon North (Ban Choon Wah). It didn't work out after so many months of eating his herbal capsules and his assurance of "给我一点时间“ - he didn't know that my 2 tubes are not healthy and my lining was on the thin side.

Hi Dawn, what I did then was to drink red bean soup (2 bowls) everyday to enhance my lining cos it had always been on the thinner side and I went jogging on alternate days (it was believed that exercising will enhance blood circulation to the uterus. Prior to that, I went to remove my remaining bad tube and asked the doc to do some scratches on the lining. I was given the green light to do the ET though the lining was 8mm.

Thanks towkayneo! Hope all's going well for you. Jia you!

hello ladies,
DawnBB, I think mindset is very important and you need to be relaxed and take it with a light heart. I failed all my 3 fresh cycles (1st cycle, m/c at 6 weeks, 2nd cycle BFN, 3rd cycle BFN). 2 frozen babies was left from the 3 cycles and Doctor advised me to go for FET before attempting 4th cycle.

Prior to FET, I went to tiao my body but only for a short period of 2-3 months (I never tiao my body for my 3 cycles). After FET, I listen to relaxation CD everyday. Diet was still the same for me but I took Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oil everyday. When I went thru the FET, I was relaxed and my mindset was completely different from the 3 cycles (where I was totally stressed up and even cried). In fact when I went for FET, I thought this would probably be another BFN and I already had my mind fixed on going for my 4th cycle. But it was totally a surprise when the nurse informed me that it was BFP.

So I would advise all ladies going thru the IVF to be relaxed and not stressed yourself up. Stress is no good for us.

Jia You!

Last edited:

hello twinkletot, just to share if the BBT gradually decrease it will mean the hormones is imbalanced. correct should be a sharp decrease.
also went to kkh talk earlier and dr hh tan n dr tan tse yuen did reco not to measure as it adds unnecessary stress to must bb dance during the period, maybe u can try not to chart and just try during the usual fertile days.. :)

DawnBB, I think mindset is very important and you need to be relaxed and take it with a light heart. I failed all my 3 fresh cycles (1st cycle, m/c at 6 weeks, 2nd cycle BFN, 3rd cycle BFN). 2 frozen babies was left from the 3 cycles and Doctor advised me to go for FET before attempting 4th cycle.

Prior to FET, I went to tiao my body but only for a short period of 2-3 months (I never tiao my body for my 3 cycles). After FET, I listen to relaxation CD everyday. Diet was still the same for me but I took Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oil everyday. When I went thru the FET, I was relaxed and my mindset was completely different from the 3 cycles (where I was totally stressed up and even cried). In fact when I went for FET, I thought this would probably be another BFN and I already had my mind fixed on going for my 4th cycle. But it was totally a surprise when the nurse informed me that it was BFP.

So I would advise all ladies going thru the IVF to be relaxed and not stressed yourself up. Stress is no good for us.

Jia You!
Thank you very much missyscorpio!

Back