IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

maybe all hospitals will charge more expensive than clinic?
my clinic is TMC in JB, whole IUI cycle costs arnd SGD700

Hi Pixie, your doc is dr fabian from tmc ? good and experience ?

I guess yours is natural iui? No jab required. So-iui required jab & trigger (hcg) shot. I am now with kkivf doing my so-iui. Mon will be doing my trigger shot then wed will be doing iui. Cross finger! ***baby dusts***

Hi Melody, i went kkhivf last week and the nurse didn't mention about the trigger shot :S
- day 2 - take jab
- day 7- check follicles sizes and uterus lining
If not continue take the jab

hi

wondering if anyone taking coq10 ? what's the recommended brand and dosage ?

happy mid autumn to everyone ....

Hi all, I just went to NUH dr Steven chew today and he asked us to do IUI. But i m confused cos what I read on Internet about the procedure for IuI seems to be different from what he say.
I just need to take pill from Mensts Day 2 to 6 then come back on day 12 to Scanning and injection and if my follicles big enough, they will do IUI on same day.

Is it that simple? I thought need to do FSH shots everyday and things like that? So confused he didn't mention anything.

Hi @Babyashley86,
Yes, it is that simple. The thing about NUH is, they do not practice SO-IUI like KKH. They prefer to keep it as natural as possible. Should your TOO scan on day 12 show that you are not performing well with clomid, like me, only then they will introduce injections on top of the clomid you are taking. Dr Chew is actually a nice man. He hums when he is happy. Lol! If you have any questions or doubts, do ask him. And lets say if you have left the consult room and find that you have something more to ask or in doubt, do approach the staff nurses. They are nice too. :)

Oh ya, I have the honour of meeting nearly all the dr in CHR team as I am a subsidised patient. So I have met, Dr Shekina, Dr Chew, Dr Anu and Dr Lim. :)

Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Just had a bit of spotting so officially I'm out of the race and will not be continuing with IUI. We will just try naturally again and hope for the best. But most likely it will be a one-child policy for us. Good luck to all of you. Take care and jiayou!

Triple layer lining is awesome. When is your iui going to be?

Hi! I read somewhere that 7-8mm is good, 9-10mm is very good & 11-12mm is fantastic. Doc told me ideally is 7mm & above. I'm hoping to increase my lining to 9-10mm. I'm going for my hcg (trigger shot) tmr night at kkh o&g then will be doing iui on wed 10.30am.

Hi Sueno & Clarice,

I bought from iherb but if you need it urgently, u can buy from the big Guardian at Ngee Ann City basement. If i'm not wrong, e Guardian is near to Giordano. Been there last year and i saw them selling.
ImageUploadedByForum1443322979.287653.jpg
I am drinking organic raspberry tea as attached.

Hi I have been a silent reader here for sometime. My iui is scheduled for next month. Pardon me if I ask silly questions. I'm going to be doing natural iui. So once the scans are done and it shows that I'm ready to ovulate, does that mean my hb will be asked to go down to provide sperm? How does the procedure go?

Hi Melody, i went kkhivf last week and the nurse didn't mention about the trigger shot :S
- day 2 - take jab
- day 7- check follicles sizes and uterus lining
If not continue take the jab

Hi Pimpim, i didn't know about the trigger shot too. I took 50u puregon from day 2-4 then u/s on day6 as day7 fall on hari raya haji. Increased dosage to 75u. Went back u/s on fri & yesterday.

Fri (Day 8) - biggest size is 15mm, lining 5.7mm (Took ovulation kit at kkivf, negative. Given 75u puregon & a shot to prevent ovulation)
Sat (Day 9) - biggest size is 17mm, lining 7mm triple layer (Continue 75u puregon as doc wants my egg to be bigger & a shot to prevent ovulation)

They will advise u when to come back for hcg shot when u r ready for iui. Hoping my follicle will increase to 20-21mm & lining to 9-10mm. Been eating 2-3 egg whites per day, drinking 3-4 glasses of raspberry tea & red bean soup these 2 days. Hoping it helps! I read from other forum that red bean soup & raspberry tea help to thicken lining. Egg white increase follicle size so i just try whatever it helps.

ya.. only 1 doc there... my expectation is quite low as compared to most people. as long as IUI is successful, to me is good enough. i dun need doc to make small talk with me, neither i have much questions to him too. just prepare long queue especially weekday evenings and weekends. the best good point is cheap la... haha...

Last edited:
Hi I have been a silent reader here for sometime. My iui is scheduled for next month. Pardon me if I ask silly questions. I'm going to be doing natural iui. So once the scans are done and it shows that I'm ready to ovulate, does that mean my hb will be asked to go down to provide sperm? How does the procedure go?
ur hubby has to provide the sperm during the day you having your IUI. clinic will take the sperm from your husband then processed and use the healthy sperm collected and inject into you

Hi @Babyashley86,
Yes, it is that simple. The thing about NUH is, they do not practice SO-IUI like KKH. They prefer to keep it as natural as possible. Should your TOO scan on day 12 show that you are not performing well with clomid, like me, only then they will introduce injections on top of the clomid you are taking. Dr Chew is actually a nice man. He hums when he is happy. Lol! If you have any questions or doubts, do ask him. And lets say if you have left the consult room and find that you have something more to ask or in doubt, do approach the staff nurses. They are nice too. :)

Oh ya, I have the honour of meeting nearly all the dr in CHR team as I am a subsidised patient. So I have met, Dr Shekina, Dr Chew, Dr Anu and Dr Lim. :)
Thank u for reassuring ! I was so confused with lots of info. But if I don't ovulate on day 12, they will do infection right away to induce it or I need to forgo this round? My IUI is probably on 16th October. He said he normally advise to do at least 2 rounds of IUI before moving on. I feel that he seems to be against IVF .

Thank u for reassuring ! I was so confused with lots of info. But if I don't ovulate on day 12, they will do infection right away to induce it or I need to forgo this round? My IUI is probably on 16th October. He said he normally advise to do at least 2 rounds of IUI before moving on. I feel that he seems to be against IVF .
I mean injection. Not infection. Haha

Hi hi! I m gonna do IUI next month too! Jiayo to us. Is it ur first time?

actually your doc is ok liao.. my doc told me average IUI needs 4 rounds to success... for me, is the third round then got BFP
but IVF really very xin ku... so must be mentally prepared too...

No problem! I am glad to be of help. On CD12, the dr will scan to see whether your follicle have grown to a good size. Usually they aim for anything around 18mm above. So if on CD12 your follicle size is still smaller, they will ask you for a return scan either the next day or 2 days after based on your folicle size. Once your follicle is big enough, then they will give you the ovidrel injection.

With regards to IVF, it is not because Dr Chew have anything against it. All the group of doctors have the same mindset. Doing IUI first if you fit the criteria. Like one of the sisters here tell you, IVF is very invasive to your body. :)

Hello ladies! How have you all been? I'm just back from holiday. Thought we will BD naturally during holiday but nooooo. So tired everyday from walking and shopping!

Oh well, guess we will do our second round of IUI in either Oct or Nov.

Feeing kinda sian suddenly. Going to a cousin's wedding soon and will be seeing other cousins who got married after us and have like 1-2 kids now. Haiz

Hi Pimpim, i didn't know about the trigger shot too. I took 50u puregon from day 2-4 then u/s on day6 as day7 fall on hari raya haji. Increased dosage to 75u. Went back u/s on fri & yesterday.

Fri (Day 8) - biggest size is 15mm, lining 5.7mm (Took ovulation kit at kkivf, negative. Given 75u puregon & a shot to prevent ovulation)
Sat (Day 9) - biggest size is 17mm, lining 7mm triple layer (Continue 75u puregon as doc wants my egg to be bigger & a shot to prevent ovulation)

They will advise u when to come back for hcg shot when u r ready for iui. Hoping my follicle will increase to 20-21mm & lining to 9-10mm. Been eating 2-3 egg whites per day, drinking 3-4 glasses of raspberry tea & red bean soup these 2 days. Hoping it helps! I read from other forum that red bean soup & raspberry tea help to thicken lining. Egg white increase follicle size so i just try whatever it helps.

Thanks alot melody for the detailed information. .. understand clearer.. all the best :))

Hello ladies! How have you all been? I'm just back from holiday. Thought we will BD naturally during holiday but nooooo. So tired everyday from walking and shopping!

Feeing kinda sian suddenly. Going to a cousin's wedding soon and will be seeing other cousins who got married after us and have like 1-2 kids now. Haiz

Hello @catinthesky ! Hope you enjoy your holiday and have a wonderful trip! Lol, who is not hoping to get pregnant right back after holiday trip.....but mother nature decides. :)

Anyway, just had my iui today. It was nearly aborted but I carried on with it after hearing the doctor advice. I took the risk. Now I am leaving everything to fate. If this round the IUI is not successful, I will have to jump into the IVF bandwagon then.....:(

welcome back! @catinthesky !
Hello @catinthesky ! Hope you enjoy your holiday and have a wonderful trip! Lol, who is not hoping to get pregnant right back after holiday trip.....but mother nature decides. :)

Anyway, just had my iui today. It was nearly aborted but I carried on with it after hearing the doctor advice. I took the risk. Now I am leaving everything to fate. If this round the IUI is not successful, I will have to jump into the IVF bandwagon then.....:(
All the best @AnnBby ! Tomorrow will be your 1dpiui! Hope u have a good TWW, just relax and stay positive! All the best and LOTSA babydusts to u!

Thanks alot melody for the detailed information. .. understand clearer.. all the best :))

hope u get ur BFP in 14 days!!

Welcome back!

Hi ladies! Hope all of us get BFP soon! Will be doing my iui tmr morning. Had my hcg shot last night, kinda hurt a little. When touch now, feel like a bruise. Haha!

I am with kkivf, kinda upset when i went for hcg shot. My last scan was on last sat then when i went for shot last night, no more scan. I do not know my follicle size & lining :( does anyone knows if kkivf will provide us with hub's post washed sperm b4 doing iui?

I am with kkivf, kinda upset when i went for hcg shot. My last scan was on last sat then when i went for shot last night, no more scan. I do not know my follicle size & lining :( does anyone knows if kkivf will provide us with hub's post washed sperm b4 doing iui?
normally the doc will tell you..for me, my doc did tell me how much sperm left after washing. my friend's doc even more professional, he even told her what chromosomes is more in the sperm, so agar agar she knows will be baby boy or girl

normally the doc will tell you..for me, my doc did tell me how much sperm left after washing. my friend's doc even more professional, he even told her what chromosomes is more in the sperm, so agar agar she knows will be baby boy or girl

Where did u do ur iui?

Hi Sueno & Clarice,

I bought from iherb but if you need it urgently, u can buy from the big Guardian at Ngee Ann City basement. If i'm not wrong, e Guardian is near to Giordano. Been there last year and i saw them selling. View attachment 577519I am drinking organic raspberry tea as attached.
Hi all,
Just bought this similar Raspberry pack from Guardian at Vivo City, 16 tea bags for SGD 9.70.
For reference for those who are interested :)

@babyloveyou @Babyashley86 nice!! We 3 doing iui in Oct. Likely mine will be 16 October too cos going for scan on 12 October which will be cd10 for me. I'm doing mine at SGH Care centre. What about you gals?
Wow! we have again 3 ladies going to do IUI in the same month! Jiayou you 3! @graceakaclouds , @babyloveyou & @Babyashley86 !!
But I have one qn. for @graceakaclouds, you mentioned you are going for scan on 12th Oct by then will be cd10, which means your cd 1 will be on 2 Oct? How you know your AF will come exactly on 2 Oct? Cuz if can agak agak the dates, I can plan mine (cuz husband may be out-station next mth).

Wow! we have again 3 ladies going to do IUI in the same month! Jiayou you 3! @graceakaclouds , @babyloveyou & @Babyashley86 !!
But I have one qn. for @graceakaclouds, you mentioned you are going for scan on 12th Oct by then will be cd10, which means your cd 1 will be on 2 Oct? How you know your AF will come exactly on 2 Oct? Cuz if can agak agak the dates, I can plan mine (cuz husband may be out-station next mth).
Best of luck ladies! I'm in my TWW now, trying natural this month. If no good news, will go for iui end Oct.

For me, cycles mostly 26 to 27 days. So the nurse told me come for scan on cd9 but since I calculated estimate 12 oct will be cd10 and Mon so ok lah. Cos sgh care don't see patients on sat or sun.

heh *grabs them* *baby dust to all!* Looks like we are just a day apart for our iui procedures.. hehe.

Yeah!! I did my iui, resting at home now. A little discomfort, dr mentioned i have never given birth so hole a bit small. Haha! Hopefully we can get BFP tgt! All e jabbing, discomfort are worth it! Jia you!! ^^

Back