IVF/ICSI Support Group

How many egg white did u take during stim? After et, do u still continue?

@jkoh During sTim I took 3 egg whites only. But I only have 1 big and 3 super small ones. So after HCG, which is another 2 days to ER, I up my eggs intake to 8!!! And I managed to retrI've all 4 eggs and 3 of them were very good eggs and blastocyst.

Last edited:

Thanks dear! Did your bleeding episodes start after ur BFP? Tdy my day 5 of blood flow (not spotting or staining) already
Hi @dramaqueenie .. my bloody episodes start 4 days after ET. Given jabs to support and bleeding still continued for 1 week. Then I got BFP. Then whilst waiting for my scan I started to bleed because I was watching a very sad movie which I believe triggers the bleeding. I was at KL then... hahaha... doc quickly told me to return to SG. Took the first coach out n managed to reach sgh at 5pm and my gynae then confirm the heartbeat. Very drama! Haha...

Hi ladies... Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. Just did my FET (2nd FET attempt ) 2nd cycle on 8 Sept 2015. Currently in my 2ww. My history went way back to 2006 (I think.. So long till I cannot remember .. Haha..) and managed to conceive one boy on my 2nd FET during my first cycle back then. My boy is already 7 years old and I'm hitting my big 4 real soon. So, giving myself one last shot at this. Wishing everybody here good luck and success. My my.. This 2ww seems so long.. Looking forward to my blood test next wed. Anyone in same cycle as me?
Hi sister , can you pls share with us how do you spend these 2ww?

Hi sister , can you pls share with us how do you spend these 2ww?
Hihi.. First 5 days I spent a lot of time sleeping.. Haha... Basically lots of rest . Met up with friends for lunch and did some online grocery shopping (coz cannot carry heavy stuff). Also spent some time reading abt symptoms and HPT progression etc. I'll usually do HPT to check the results after 11dpt. Just for my own monitoring and preparing myself for BT day. Work as usual after the first 5 days. Working takes my mind off this ttc thingy for a while and probably makes the 2ww pass faster..(although I still feel it's slower than usual .. Haha)

Hi @dramaqueenie .. my bloody episodes start 4 days after ET. Given jabs to support and bleeding still continued for 1 week. Then I got BFP. Then whilst waiting for my scan I started to bleed because I was watching a very sad movie which I believe triggers the bleeding. I was at KL then... hahaha... doc quickly told me to return to SG. Took the first coach out n managed to reach sgh at 5pm and my gynae then confirm the heartbeat. Very drama! Haha...

Hi dear, thanks for sharing! I presume yours is spotting or light bleeding? Mine is period like with clots. Soaking half a pad each time (sorry tmi).
Anyhow, I just called KKIVF, will head down for beta tdy. My v is hurting from all the crinone inserts so thinking to stop when results neg. I guess by now shd be able to tell ya. Avg ard 33/34 days cycle this yr though it can range from 28 - 40 days in my history. The rare occasions when my menses came on 28-29 days, the previous cycle just prior is longer like 39-40 days. Last 2 cycles were 37 & 36 days respectively. LMP is 21/8.
Good to take tdy or shd I wait out a little more? Been getting BFN on hpt

Last edited:
Btw sisters, this question has been bothering me since the start of my blood flow.
I was initially to be given utrogestan 100mg tablets for insertion but (my fault) I told them I might hv difficulties with insertion due to my high riding cervix, then the nurse says they can replace with crinone gel. Was nvr told utrogestan can be taken orally (like what I'm doing now). Crinone gel is 90mg of progesterone. Told to insert twice a day so total support is 180mg. I heard most or some of u were given utrogestan 2 tablets each time, 3 times a day? So total is 600mg a day.
I'm curious if my progesterone support has not been sufficient, resulting in the very early bleeding / menstrual period just 6dp2dt. Even though by 8dp2dt, I was on total 580mg support (crinone gel + utrogestan 200mg twice a day), maybe it was too late by then.
Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks all

Hihi.. First 5 days I spent a lot of time sleeping.. Haha... Basically lots of rest . Met up with friends for lunch and did some online grocery shopping (coz cannot carry heavy stuff). Also spent some time reading abt symptoms and HPT progression etc. I'll usually do HPT to check the results after 11dpt. Just for my own monitoring and preparing myself for BT day. Work as usual after the first 5 days. Working takes my mind off this ttc thingy for a while and probably makes the 2ww pass faster..(although I still feel it's slower than usual .. Haha)
Thank you for sharing sister. Good luck to you. I am going for my FET soon , but my lining only 5.6 at day 12, so thin :(

Hi ladies.. I had light red bleeding yesterday noon and today had very dark brown discharge with abit of red streaks.. Am at 12dpt.. Called kkivf and they asked me to go down for blood test today. My original date was this friday. Am not ready and is nervous like crazy now.. Hands shaking when typing the msg.. So worried..

Morning everyone. AF finally reported yst and will be seeing doc on day 10 for scan, was glad AF came as it was like 9 days late after first fresh failed last mth. Any advise to prepare for FET? as this is my first FET.

Hi ladies.. I had light red bleeding yesterday noon and today had very dark brown discharge with abit of red streaks.. Am at 12dpt.. Called kkivf and they asked me to go down for blood test today. My original date was this friday. Am not ready and is nervous like crazy now.. Hands shaking when typing the msg.. So worried..

Is it too early for u dear? When are u expecting ur menses?

Not sure if its too early anot but the nurses asked me to go down today for beta.. My menses shld be anytime from last fri onwards..

Oic... I don't know if I shd go down for beta tdy also or wait it out. Cos expecting my menses later part of this week but been having blood flow since last Tues night which could very well be my menstrual period too.

Btw sisters, this question has been bothering me since the start of my blood flow.
I was initially to be given utrogestan 100mg tablets for insertion but (my fault) I told them I might hv difficulties with insertion due to my high riding cervix, then the nurse says they can replace with crinone gel. Was nvr told utrogestan can be taken orally (like what I'm doing now). Crinone gel is 90mg of progesterone. Told to insert twice a day so total support is 180mg. I heard most or some of u were given utrogestan 2 tablets each time, 3 times a day? So total is 600mg a day.
I'm curious if my progesterone support has not been sufficient, resulting in the very early bleeding / menstrual period just 6dp2dt. Even though by 8dp2dt, I was on total 580mg support (crinone gel + utrogestan 200mg twice a day), maybe it was too late by then.
I'm not sure abt the exact calculations. But apparently direct insert is better absorption than taking orally as when take oral, it will go through the digestive system, sieve through liver etc. so we don't know how much is really absorb by the womb. So my guess is if take orally, might need higher dose.

hi sisters, I think I'm already out for this cycle. Had sudden cramping last evening, with increased fresh blood flow, and went to kkh 24hr clinic. The doctor noted that there is piece of tissue that's "already on its way out" - dark red, smooth surface, looks like liver . Very unexpected horrible news!!! It was taken out and will be sent for histology confirmation whether is it fetal material.

Since my 1st beta was inconclusive, they gave me additonal progesterone jab to play safe. Then still have to go for the 2nd beta this Mon.

Well, now I'm so overwhelmed with all the side effects of the progesterone jab (headache, back, leg, neck pain, and the injection site pain), I dunno what to feel anymore.

The histology results can only be out 1 week later, so if the Mon beta is still inconclusive/negative, I can only know a week later whether I was indeed really pregnant before.

Sorry to sound so defeated, I think by writing out my feelings, I can go through this agonizing wait better.

To all sisters in 2ww, hang on there!
jia you!! keep fighting

Good morning sisters! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Anyone knows if I can take bird's nest? My mum made bird's nest for me but I didn't tell her I BFP. I don't plan to tell anyone till I know this pregnancy is viable.

For utrogestan, i was inserting 200mg each time, 3 times a day. So 1 day is 600mg. was at kkh ivf just now too... :) now at home waiting for the BT result. THE WAIT........ :oops:

while waiting for BT, I wanted to check if possible, are there some TCM/accupuncture recommendations for husbands, with low sperm quality and quantity?

If this IVF round fails, since I will need another 3 months to recover, I thought meanwhile maybe can continue trying natural way. But sperms will be the issue.... o_O

I have no more embryos. All remaining 4 did not get past day 7...

Last edited:
while waiting for BT, I wanted to check if possible, are there some TCM/accupuncture recommendations for husbands, with low sperm quality and quantity?

If this IVF round fails, since I will need another 3 months to recover, I thought meanwhile maybe can continue trying natural way. But sperms will be the issue.... o_O

Waiting to do my blood test too. Did they tell u the level during ur first beta or do u have to request for it?
All the best ya... Come what may

Asking for opinions. Will be 40 next Feb but my blood test (6mths validity) will expire end Jan. Have 3 frozen embryos with kkivf. Will it be better to go for a 2nd fresh while still eligible for govt Co-funding? Any thoughts?

Raffles Chinese Medicine has general fertility treatment for both husbands and wives. You may like to check it out. Also I have heard that men should take selenium and spirunila to boost sperm quality.

jia you! hope the nurse calls to spread good news!!

BFN. confirmed and chopped. guaranteed.

still have strange tugging sensations, but nurse said it is common, now just wait for AF to make her grand arrival lo. :oops:

shall make a list of questions to ask the doc next week during my appt, keeping spirits up! already spent 1 hour talking to embryologist just now. It really helps to talk it out.

shall eat whatever I want to eat ...for now! ;)

Last edited:

still have strange tugging sensations, but nurse said it is common, now just wait for AF to make her grand arrival lo. :oops:

shall make a list of questions to ask the doc next week during my appt, keeping spirits up! already spent 1 hour talking to embryologist just now. It really helps to talk it out.

*hugs*

Yes, keep the spirits up!

And yes.. eat all the sashimi, cold drink, ice cream etc! If I were you, I'd go to a buffet and eat all the seafood!

image.jpg

Interesting read. Its stated that there is a slight possibility that a woman who has undergone IVF may have one last period two weeks after the procedure. Most of the time this period will not be regular and will probably only last a couple of days. If this happens to you after IVF then there is a good chance you have in fact become pregnant. Not sure whats the explaination but something good to know

Hugggs..... indulge in feasts and be super nice to yourself!

I read that the clementi dr tan kian sing is good at treating male factor

Sorry to hear that. Good that u r keeping ur Chin up.

For me, been having menstrual like flow for 6 days le... Certainly hope AF don't have to come for a second visit!!

Sorry to hear that :'(

Take care of your body and come back soon!

Keep the spirit up dear!!

Take care sweet:)

Can i check with the ladies here if the direct number for appointmenr of scans is 63942250? I've been calling the whole morning to schedule for a pelvis ultrasound scan but nobody picked up the phone. Either line busy or the phone just keep ringing. I'm getting irritated (hormones at work) cos time is running out for my menstrual cycle. :(

Can i check with the ladies here if the direct number for appointmenr of scans is 63942250? I've been calling the whole morning to schedule for a pelvis ultrasound scan but nobody picked up the phone. Either line busy or the phone just keep ringing. I'm getting irritated (hormones at work) cos time is running out for my menstrual cycle. :(
You try 6394 1694 - KKIVF.

Dear sista, may i know where to buy the cd?

I bought it from Amazon.

There's 3 :
IVF Belief - For ivf ie. downregulation/stimulation/post embryo transfer
The bump - For when you are pregnant
The Birth - For when you are due to give birth

I used the IVF belief for my post embryo transfer. Helps me feel calm and relax. I will definitely use it again if I do IVF. It's hypnotherapy and visualisation.

I'm currently using the bump because I'm always so stress and scared and it really helps me to relax.

Last edited:
Waiting to do my blood test too. Did they tell u the level during ur first beta or do u have to request for it?
All the best ya... Come what may

Asking for opinions. Will be 40 next Feb but my blood test (6mths validity) will expire end Jan. Have 3 frozen embryos with kkivf. Will it be better to go for a 2nd fresh while still eligible for govt Co-funding? Any thoughts?
I think it would be more worth it to go for another fresh cycle (to max out the govt co-funding), extract the eggs first then say. Cos frozen cycles are cheaper than fresh ones.

Back