IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi dramaqueenie
You're under Gd hand. I gone thru 3fresh cycle under Dr Tan HH. Only my 3rd fresh I was BFP. During my pregnancy, I has spotting twice. I remember once, I went to O&G, the dr refused to call dr tan. Only admit me after I insisted. At the ward, I requested to inform dr tan again. It was the ward staff nurse kind enough to I from dr tan. When he came back to visit me in a ward is in Sunday night 9pm in his home clothes. Felt so heart warming after seeing him. He still can tell me I should have call him earlier. Hmmm.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would like to seek some advices.

My hub and myself are 34 this year, I had a mc in year 2013 and been TTC since then with TCM as well.
Done twice of HSG within the same day earlier this year at KKH and suspected blocked, and I performed another round of HSG last Sat at TMC and it was unblocked :S
Been under clomid-50mg for 3 cycles since Jun - Aug 2015 and I stopped for this cycle.

Am thinking to go for IUI but didn't sure which doc to go :-
- TMC or KKH after my HSG experience, is KKH still reliable ?
- If TMC, is Dr LS Loh the best choice ? Read that the cost at his O&G clinic in TCM will be cheaper but longer queue
- Since both of us are working, I wonder how the IUI procedure works :-
- day 2 -> see doc for ultrasound
- day 14, 16 -> see doc to check for the follicles size, if it mature, then can we proceed with the IUI process
I'm not sure for SO-IUI, when should I take the jap, some said for 5 days, some said 1 day, is it depend on my condition ?
- if KKH under subsidy, it will be either Dr Sadhana or Dr THH rotating ?

Anyone try at JB as well ? I'm came across Dr Tan Jui Seng and Elizabeth Women clinic but there are not much information that I can find :(

Sorry if I asked questions that already been asked, just that there are too many posts in this thread.

Thanks alot and enjoy your weekends. Baby dust to all :) Fighting fighting ...

Yes, you are right. Based on what the nurses told me, earliest day for extraction is day 10 of injections and the latest is probably day 14 of injections.

After extraction, you will already be placed on hospitalisation leave. The nurses counted for me from extraction date, so it was 17 days. If you count based on egg transfer, then it's 14 days of HL. Depending on your doctor, the embryos may be transferred to your womb either on the 3rd day after extraction, or 5th day after extraction. I heard KKH's Dr. Sadhana prefers Day 5 transfer if the embryo is strong.

When are you going for IVF?
Hi littlemonkies, going IVF in Nov. Are you at KKH too?

Yaya! I'm with Dr. Sadhana. Do you know which Dr you're with?

Best of luck Wynn... start drinking red dates/black dates/wolfberries/dried longan tea =) My friends just told me I should have done that month ago to prepare my womb!

Best of luck Wynn... start drinking red dates/black dates/wolfberries/dried longan tea =) My friends just told me I should have done that month ago to prepare my womb!
Hey I am new here and am with dR SADHANA too. Whats with the red date drink?
Think I am go for my IVF procedure in NOV. after the counselling in oct

Hello, May I know how does the drink help our womb? Warming? Thank you :)

hi sisters, I think I'm already out for this cycle. Had sudden cramping last evening, with increased fresh blood flow, and went to kkh 24hr clinic. The doctor noted that there is piece of tissue that's "already on its way out" - dark red, smooth surface, looks like liver . Very unexpected horrible news!!! It was taken out and will be sent for histology confirmation whether is it fetal material.

Since my 1st beta was inconclusive, they gave me additonal progesterone jab to play safe. Then still have to go for the 2nd beta this Mon.

Well, now I'm so overwhelmed with all the side effects of the progesterone jab (headache, back, leg, neck pain, and the injection site pain), I dunno what to feel anymore.

The histology results can only be out 1 week later, so if the Mon beta is still inconclusive/negative, I can only know a week later whether I was indeed really pregnant before.

Sorry to sound so defeated, I think by writing out my feelings, I can go through this agonizing wait better.

To all sisters in 2ww, hang on there!

Oh din know got such service. I enjoy massage. How much per visit? How is the massage? Gd ah?

The Longan red dates drink, did u boil it yourself from scratch or did you take those instant packets that are sold in supermarkets?

hi sisters, I think I'm already out for this cycle. Had sudden cramping last evening, with increased fresh blood flow, and went to kkh 24hr clinic. The doctor noted that there is piece of tissue that's "already on its way out" - dark red, smooth surface, looks like liver . Very unexpected horrible news!!! It was taken out and will be sent for histology confirmation whether is it fetal material.

Since my 1st beta was inconclusive, they gave me additonal progesterone jab to play safe. Then still have to go for the 2nd beta this Mon.

Well, now I'm so overwhelmed with all the side effects of the progesterone jab (headache, back, leg, neck pain, and the injection site pain), I dunno what to feel anymore.

The histology results can only be out 1 week later, so if the Mon beta is still inconclusive/negative, I can only know a week later whether I was indeed really pregnant before.

Sorry to sound so defeated, I think by writing out my feelings, I can go through this agonizing wait better.

Take care! Keep us updated on the results! The main thing is never give up despite failure! :)

Hello, pls focus on nursing your health and feeding yourself with nutritional food. Don't think of anything else for now. Take care!

Dearie, i know how difficult it is for u now.. take care and replenish all the good nutrients and don give up !

I'm sorry to hear what you were going thru. Hope for the best. I'm trying to be as positive as I could too though it's tough. I felt pretty defeated too. Still bleeding since Tues night spotting. This morning, flow got heavier than past 2 days then go back to the reduced state again. Depressing each time I go to the toilet. If u have a religion, pray alot. Keeping my fingers crossed for u. PUPO - Pregnant until proven otherwise!

do take care!

Hi sister ,

Pls advise if can drink fresh milk during 2ww?

Some plp mentioned that no diary two weeks before FET as we need alkaline environment in uterus & milk will create mucus.

Any sisters heard this before ?

Hi sister ,

Pls advise if can drink fresh milk during 2ww?

Some plp mentioned that no diary two weeks before FET as we need alkaline environment in uterus & milk will create mucus.

Any sisters heard this before ?

I heard this too. That dairy will make the womb slippery for implantation. I avoided dairy totally.

Hey I am new here and am with dR SADHANA too. Whats with the red date drink?
Think I am go for my IVF procedure in NOV. after the counselling in oct

Haha... no magic in it. It's to 'warm' up your body so that it is conducive for baby making. Some of the more serious ones told me to drink that drink and nothing else... to keep the 'warm' momentum going ;)

Good luck with your IVF... apparently Dr Sadhana is good, though she is a woman of few words.

The Longan red dates drink, did u boil it yourself from scratch or did you take those instant packets that are sold in supermarkets?

i boil by myself from the scratch... just take all these ingredients and throw into a big rice cooker. Let it boil overnight and then keep warm so you can scoop it up to drink whenever you need it :) Alternatively, you can boil using pot or slow cooker. Slow cooker prob better because it can keep it warm over the day.

Don't be negative! Hang in there we will all pray for you. Hoping for as many success stories here as possible!

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. Hang in there. Pour out here if you need to. Just don't give up. Hugs.

Hello ladies, may I check how long did you stay in bed or refrain from walking too much after OR? I did my OR on Wed. Didn't walk much on Wed and Thu. Hubby had to go back to work on Friday so I did some house work by myself. Today we went out for breakfast (first day out of the house since OR) and I feel the pain in my tummy, like a pull near the belly button area when I walk, and more spotting when I go to the bathroom. Any idea how long it normally takes for us to heal from OR? Pls share your experience. Thanks! :)

Dear sisters who had experienced bleeding / AF prior to ur beta test, do you get them just before or close to ur AF due day?
Is the flow same like ur usual menstrual flow or is it heavier or lighter than usual? Did they last the usual amount of days too? Or also longer or shorter?
Just to gather some feedbacks from sisters here.
Am having some blood flow now. Started with minimal brown spotting that turned into red full flow the next day. Tdy is day 3 of red flow. Yesterday and tdy, red flow has reduced to half a pad or palm size volume but with dark blood clots that doc says it's old blood.
Tdy is 9dp2dt. Spotting started on the night of 6dp2dt. My beta is on 25/9.
TIA

Hi dramaqueenie,

I underwent my IVF procedure last Saturday. Everything was normal with Crinone cream to apply, antibiotics & effervescent drink to take. Light spotting was observed on alternate days until today the spotting was dark red colour and slightly heavier. Called up the nurse and she told me perhaps is the embryo implantion going on which sometimes might cause some bleeding. Told mi to observe the spotting and head down to see my gynea if it worsen. My blood test is this coming monday..

Hello ladies, may I check how long did you stay in bed or refrain from walking too much after OR? I did my OR on Wed. Didn't walk much on Wed and Thu. Hubby had to go back to work on Friday so I did some house work by myself. Today we went out for breakfast (first day out of the house since OR) and I feel the pain in my tummy, like a pull near the belly button area when I walk, and more spotting when I go to the bathroom. Any idea how long it normally takes for us to heal from OR? Pls share your experience. Thanks! :)

I rested on the day OR was done, and did not go out of the house, resting cos' had discomfort (was at risk for ohss). Understood what u meant by the pull in the tummy area, I had some bloating and ovary pain as well. But no bleeding.

Did not do a full bed rest, but I refrained from walking or standing too much.

Please try to rest more, listen to your body. basically avoid any activities that cause discomfort or pain. Drink a lot of water and eat egg whites.

Hi dramaqueenie,

I underwent my IVF procedure last Saturday. Everything was normal with Crinone cream to apply, antibiotics & effervescent drink to take. Light spotting was observed on alternate days until today the spotting was dark red colour and slightly heavier. Called up the nurse and she told me perhaps is the embryo implantion going on which sometimes might cause some bleeding. Told mi to observe the spotting and head down to see my gynea if it worsen. My blood test is this coming monday..

Hi there, it sounds scary, but not sure to what extent is the bleeding. since there is some worsening, I might head to the 24hr clinic/A&E, just to be safe.

Back