(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Seeing all your comments about your baby's weight makes me feel better - sounds like my gynae may be overly cautious when she advised that baby is growing too big :/ Thanks you all!

When I went for my Gynae check at Week 24, baby is about 700g (Gynae mentioned baby should be in the range of 600g onwards)

But as I'm on the plump side (90kg at start of pregnancy and now 93kg... lost some weight at first trimester) all along, with family history of diabetes, I did the glucose test at TMC for my #1 and also going for the test for #2 come week 28.

:oops: haha ive gained over 9kg by now and im only 22weeks : P
Doc did ask me to slow down weight gain, but did not send me for glucose test. I'm so curious now. When i last did my detailed scan, i was 19weeks and baby was only 300g! 800g is WOW.

on maternity clothes, i'm always scouting around on topshop and asos for sales : P

I signed up with Mount A for October classes. Amazing how fast the classes get filled up.

I attending mine at Mt A now. If u want to reschedule, they will suggest October. And the class is very pack coz the weekdays classes are after 6pm. And there is food provided.

Hmm I did my scan at w20-21 and my baby was only 330g? Sounds small compared to all of you all. Though gyane says it's healthy weight for baby but maybe I should eat more.

Hi mummies.. my 1st time here.. wanna ask if you think it's recommended to attend antenatal classes? Also which one wouof you suggest? Thanks!

Anyone experiencing great pain and discomfort around the pelvic area? Googled it, it's called pelvic girdle pain.. Mine is so painful that I have difficulty in walking and even sitting.:(:(:(

Anyone weight still lighter than before pregnancy? My weight before pregnancy is 50kg, drop all the way to 45kg (week 17). Now in week 24 but my weight only 48kg. Is it normal? My gynae never comment anything abt my weight.

What foos do they provide? Is it juz snacks?

Sandwiches for sat classes, milo, ice water. Simple refreshment. If u attend evening class on weekdays, then it will be fruits, fried noodles, can't remember the evening menu. But the class is comprehensive and useful.

Today I experienced the worst water retention so far, haha... I no longer have ankles and I could barely fit in my flip flops. My face is so bloated that my own family, whom I just saw last week, couldn't recognise me from a distance. Apart from propping up my legs, drinking more water and massaging my feet, I'm most tickled by the advice to place cabbage leaves on the swollen areas. Might try that once I manage to go out and buy some cabbage, lol. Has anyone tried that before?

Anyone experiencing great pain and discomfort around the pelvic area? Googled it, it's called pelvic girdle pain.. Mine is so painful that I have difficulty in walking and even sitting.:(:(:(

I'm experiencing a little of that I think. It's like very strong pressure on the pelvic area that leads to pain right? For me I have no problem sitting, but it takes a bit of effort to stand from a sitting position. I'm usually hunched over for a couple of seconds before the pain eases and I can stand upright. Whenever I walk too quickly the pressure is quite intense as well, sometimes rather painful. :(

Hi ladies

Sadly I din get to know my baby's weight at my detailed scan at Kkh. And coz baby was facing down (looking at my spine) we couldn't even get a good scan of her face to check things like cleft lip etc. however the Gynae also din ask me to come back for another scan again so I guess it is ok? Anyone had the same problem.

I put on about 2kg since pre pregnancy and most of the weight gain occurred in the week 20-22! But my appetite is still not as good these days, take small meals on a more frequent basis but I always crave for sweet things like milo, biscuits and cakes. Need to control for the diabetes check next visit.

Hi ladies

Sadly I din get to know my baby's weight at my detailed scan at Kkh. And coz baby was facing down (looking at my spine) we couldn't even get a good scan of her face to check things like cleft lip etc. however the Gynae also din ask me to come back for another scan again so I guess it is ok? Anyone had the same problem.

I put on about 2kg since pre pregnancy and most of the weight gain occurred in the week 20-22! But my appetite is still not as good these days, take small meals on a more frequent basis but I always crave for sweet things like milo, biscuits and cakes. Need to control for the diabetes check next visit.

if certain features or limbs are not being checked they should arrange for another date or a later timing to go back . I have a colleague who's baby was not in a good position for certain scan the sonographer also asked her to go back 1 hour later cause baby's position will keep changing.

and u're not the only one.. recently i've been craving for sweet stuff too :oops: but keep telling myself to watch out for my sugar intake

Hi mummies, same here. I have craving for sweet things and worried about sugar level. It is so hard to resist.
As for bloatedness, I have it for my feet and ankles. Hard to walk and looks like elephant feet. :(:(:(
Plus I have nose bleed at night when I sleep in aircon.
Recently right side pelvis pain as well.:(:(
When I work too fast in office, I feel cramps and that scared me. I keep telling myself to slow down.
I have dizzy spells if I stand or walk too long.... :(

Hi ladies

Should go back to check, unless they managed to get a glimpse during scan but just didn't manage to get a photo.

Yeah my weight gain pattern same as yours. One night I actually had a dream about Krispy Kreme donuts and woke up with a massive craving! Lol.

Hmm I did my scan at w20-21 and my baby was only 330g? Sounds small compared to all of you all. Though gyane says it's healthy weight for baby but maybe I should eat more.

Eat more doesn't mean it goes to baby... Lol. 330g at 20/21 weeks ok what. They put on weight very fast de! By 23/24 weeks will be like 500-600g easily. Smaller baby easier to deliver...

Same! Mine comes and goes but morning it was very painful... Even when lying down I turn just to the other side I can feel the bone hurt

Eat more doesn't mean it goes to baby... Lol. 330g at 20/21 weeks ok what. They put on weight very fast de! By 23/24 weeks will be like 500-600g easily. Smaller baby easier to deliver...

true... routine check on 25 Jul showed my girl is 230g. last sat went for check she s already 600g :eek::eek: . as long as the baby's weight is within the healthy range then no issue. And i agree with tethysea, smaller babies easier to deliver

Hi mummies,

Anyone has experience on engaging confinement lady? My friend recommended PEM Confinement. How do I know if the confinement lady is experience enough?

I am quite upset with my hubby when I tried to discuss about confinement issues. He just simply said I overthink and he said he take care bb on his own and just order confinement food from outside. I don't things are that simple for us especially we are first time parents and I am sure we need a lot of guidance. :( Sorry to vent out here, just a little upset that hubby dun understand how I feel.

really wonder whats wrong with ppl nowadays. Boarded the train after work yesterday at novena (towards Bukit gombak,where i live). Not crowded crowded so i managed to move inner towards the seat. Was standing in front of a lady and she wasn't asleep...playing game on her phone. she did look up a few times but somehow did not see the bump in front of her . So when she was getting down at Bishan , somehow she 'managed' to see my bump and was like surprised and hurry up give up her seat, and that's because she 's getting off the train already :mad::mad:

this morning took train from Toa payoh to novena . Boarded and an indian guy was sitting at the priority seat and he saw my bump (im standing near the door as train was crowded) and he act like he didnt see anything :eek::eek::eek: i don't need a seat as it's just a stop for me . But the acting blur of that guy really disgust me . If never see i've got nothing to say. But he saw yet still act blur !!!! Horrible !!!! :mad::mad:

Hi mummies,

Anyone has experience on engaging confinement lady? My friend recommended PEM Confinement. How do I know if the confinement lady is experience enough?

I am quite upset with my hubby when I tried to discuss about confinement issues. He just simply said I overthink and he said he take care bb on his own and just order confinement food from outside. I don't things are that simple for us especially we are first time parents and I am sure we need a lot of guidance. :( Sorry to vent out here, just a little upset that hubby dun understand how I feel.

Mine was intro by a fren but that lady is not under any agency. Heard that she's really good. Normally from words of mouth should be able to know if the lady is experienced enough. But of course the mouth must be someone u can trust in the first place.

As informed by my mum since im able to reproduce (sorry for using this word :oops::oops:) she has been saying it's important to have a good confinement as the result can affect you for the rest of your life. So did my mil said so . So to me , be it first or 2nd kid, i will definitely go for a confinement lady. They will be the one to help you with the baby so that you can get plenty of rest for that 1 month (as after that it'll be entirely on your own). They will also teach you on bathing, nursing and taking care of a baby. I have frens who said it's a waste of money but for me, spending that money to make sure of my future well-being, i am willing to .

Mine was intro by a fren but that lady is not under any agency. Heard that she's really good. Normally from words of mouth should be able to know if the lady is experienced enough. But of course the mouth must be someone u can trust in the first place.

As informed by my mum since im able to reproduce (sorry for using this word :oops::oops:) she has been saying it's important to have a good confinement as the result can affect you for the rest of your life. So did my mil said so . So to me , be it first or 2nd kid, i will definitely go for a confinement lady. They will be the one to help you with the baby so that you can get plenty of rest for that 1 month (as after that it'll be entirely on your own). They will also teach you on bathing, nursing and taking care of a baby. I have frens who said it's a waste of money but for me, spending that money to make sure of my future well-being, i am willing to .

Thanks. I am last minute. So panicking now cause cannot find a good one... Good ones are all taken up..... :(:(:(

really wonder whats wrong with ppl nowadays. Boarded the train after work yesterday at novena (towards Bukit gombak,where i live). Not crowded crowded so i managed to move inner towards the seat. Was standing in front of a lady and she wasn't asleep...playing game on her phone. she did look up a few times but somehow did not see the bump in front of her . So when she was getting down at Bishan , somehow she 'managed' to see my bump and was like surprised and hurry up give up her seat, and that's because she 's getting off the train already :mad::mad:

this morning took train from Toa payoh to novena . Boarded and an indian guy was sitting at the priority seat and he saw my bump (im standing near the door as train was crowded) and he act like he didnt see anything :eek::eek::eek: i don't need a seat as it's just a stop for me . But the acting blur of that guy really disgust me . If never see i've got nothing to say. But he saw yet still act blur !!!! Horrible !!!! :mad::mad:

Experienced something similar few weeks back! Was on train from City Hall to Tiong Bahru after having lunch with hubby... (Tiong Bahru now under reno... so is really nothing to eat except the market... but still a good excuse for me to lunch with hubby and drag him out of office) It was a little crowded with no seats... At the priority seat, sit a mother and son (both occupying one seat each)... I can understand if the mum needs to take care of the kid (though the kid is like 6/7 years old)... suddenly at one stop, the seat next to the boy was emptied... the father happily grab that seat despite seeing me rub my tummy a few times during that 1/2 stop journey... the most maddening thing is... the family alighted at the next stop! I was like @@ huh? sit one stop u also happy ar? WTH... ESP when someone pregnant is standing just right in front leh...

I am definitely not expecting others to give up their seats... 'cos I will always give them benefits of doubts that maybe they are not feeling well also etc... but I think the case I met was just too over liao... I really cannot take it...

Also many young guys like to sit on the priority seats.

Hi mummies,

I have reserve my cl already. Friend recommended, hope she is good as others said.

Thanks. I am last minute. So panicking now cause cannot find a good one... Good ones are all taken up..... :(:(:(

Hi there! Have you contacted PEM yet? I heard that the standards of their CN varies, but i guess it is a safer bet since it is an agency and should be able to find someone for you. Might be quite late to find a good freelance CN now. I was considering PEM initially, but ended up with a non-agency CN (recommended by friend) instead. You can just give them a call and they will email you a brochure.
By the way, i think you should make it known to your husband as well that CN not only cares for the baby, they also care for the mummy to ensure that she recovers well during this trying period (esp if you end up w C sec, the recovery process is slower and you def need help) IF it is a fee you can afford, i def think you should try to get one.

I've a friend who had her MIL stay w her during confinement, but it ended up being stressful for everyone. Her MIL was v focused on the baby and kinda neglected her wellbeing. Also, there was tension in the interaction as well. Unlike your own mum, it is difficult to argue w your MIL or tell her what to do (esp if she is headstrong).
I've also decided on a CN even though it is ex because i'm not confident that my mum can help and i defo can't rely on my MIL. Also, being first time parents, i know we will be kancheong.
Of course there are some super mamas who can handle on their , but i'm quite sure im not one of them haha ;)

Just a thought. Not to offend anyone.

If we pregnant mummies needs to sit down in crowded bus / trains but no one is giving up voluntarily, we can actually ask them if they mind giving up their seat for us.

Cos, at times the others may have had a long/hard day at work and need some rest just as much as we love to have too..

We should not be expecting pple to give up their seats to us just cos we are preg.. Furthermore, it's "priority seat" not "compulsory seat"

Sorry if my post offend anyone here.

Lastly, when I wasn't preg, I do give up my seat even though I'm not seated at priority seats..

Cheers! (Peace)✌️

Hi there! Have you contacted PEM yet? I heard that the standards of their CN varies, but i guess it is a safer bet since it is an agency and should be able to find someone for you. Might be quite late to find a good freelance CN now. I was considering PEM initially, but ended up with a non-agency CN (recommended by friend) instead. You can just give them a call and they will email you a brochure.
By the way, i think you should make it known to your husband as well that CN not only cares for the baby, they also care for the mummy to ensure that she recovers well during this trying period (esp if you end up w C sec, the recovery process is slower and you def need help) IF it is a fee you can afford, i def think you should try to get one.

I've a friend who had her MIL stay w her during confinement, but it ended up being stressful for everyone. Her MIL was v focused on the baby and kinda neglected her wellbeing. Also, there was tension in the interaction as well. Unlike your own mum, it is difficult to argue w your MIL or tell her what to do (esp if she is headstrong).
I've also decided on a CN even though it is ex because i'm not confident that my mum can help and i defo can't rely on my MIL. Also, being first time parents, i know we will be kancheong.
Of course there are some super mamas who can handle on their , but i'm quite sure im not one of them haha ;)

Thanks for your pointers. I am also worried about what you have mentioned above. So I will still continue to find a good CL now. But I am quite last minute. So I guess I can't be too choosy. Hope I can find one soon.

Hi mummies,

Hi Faith&Hope0902, I have actually booked my CL from PEM. Actually it depends on luck whether u get a good or bad CL! But the good thing is you can change up to 2 times if u don't like the CL! And from the consultant, it seems that the CL are all well-trained! Keeping my fingers crossed too!

Hi Mummies,

Have been feeling a little down and little anxious.... Start to worry a lot of small things, like how to take care of bb well, what if there is not enough milk for bb, what if bb not feeling well.....This is not good.... If I keep thinking too much and worry too much, it will become depression. But I just can't help it. Anyway to get ride of this worry and anxiety?

Back