IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies thanks for the response. The bloatedness miraculously subsided after day 5/6. Just out of curiosity, anyone here above 40 of age n trying to get pregnant for the first time. What's your experience? Any success? Been quite disheartening to hear docs saying how low the chance of getting pregnant is above 40. But we are trying anyway n hoping for the best. We had 4 frozen embryos now n testing for PGD (chromosome testing). Fingers crossed we'd hv some good ones for egg transfer.

Hi, I'm expecting my second baby in August - just before my 42nd birthday. First was conceived when I was 39, also via ivf. I hv a friend who had her first at 44 and expecting her second at 46. So don't be too discouraged!

Hi, I'm expecting my second baby in August - just before my 42nd birthday. First was conceived when I was 39, also via ivf. I hv a friend who had her first at 44 and expecting her second at 46. So don't be too discouraged!

congrats! you give us all so much hope! :D

hi Crayoncin,
It's ok, I can share here about PGD in case there are others who are keen to know more. I'm doing my IVF in KL, Malaysia. And being over 40 yrs old, it wasn't really an option not to do PGD. Basically PGD test the chromosomes of the embryos to eliminate down syndromes and other type of test. If you google for PGD there are alot of material online. This is a test done after day 5 or 6 of egg retrieval for the fertilized eggs. From here, you can even test for gender of the baby and other things. But due to low good eggs associated with age, choosing gender might not be an option for us. We are still waiting for the results which will be due next week. Anyone here who's doing your IVF in KL or in similar situation? Love to hear your experience. I'm not sure if this is available in Singapore but heard from a friend who did IVF here 8 yrs ago that you need to put up an appeal to do this test as they are very strict about this in Singapore due to gender selection of the baby etc. although I feel that this is almost crucial for woman above 40. Check with your doc where the quality of eggs is a factor of your MCs. If it is, maybe this could be an option as they will eliminate the bad embryos from the start. Hope this helps.
Hi u mind sharing which hospital and dr ur under? And the costs?

ladies, need urgent advice. just did endo scratch on Tues n today like my first day AF. means my period cycle is now only 24 days. is it normal?

hi Chloe,
I'm with Dr Colin Lee of Alpha Fertility Centre in KL, Petaling Jaya. The PGD itself is RM15000 on top of the IVF cost. It cost slightly more if it's more than 5 embryos.

Hi Chloe, I think all in all it is about RM40k+. But it varies in different cases depending on what is necessary. Also do factor in transport n hotel cost. Hv attached here their price list for easy reference. Good thing RM exchange rates are good now.

Attachments

• 1435295744495.jpg
    1435295744495.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 641
ladies, need urgent advice. just did endo scratch on Tues n today like my first day AF. means my period cycle is now only 24 days. is it normal?
My menses cycle was also 24 days after endo scratch. I used to have menses cycle at 24 days so I just treat it as normal.

Good luck to you Eggscatcher! Keep us updated. Why do u say if normal ivf will hv nothing compared to icsi? What's the diff? Anyway rest well!

Hi jus had my ET, 4embroyos avail, transferred 2, Grade 4&5 and most prob freeze another 2,
It says if normal IVF will have nothing to fertilize, only thru Icsi hv 7fertilitze, pray hard and Gd luck to all of us! Stay positive!
Good grades babe... have a enjoyable 2ww!! Jiayou ♡♡

Good luck to you Eggscatcher! Keep us updated. Why do u say if normal ivf will hv nothing compared to icsi? What's the diff? Anyway rest well!

That means the normal process, no sperm swim to my eggs, they don't meet,
after they added one more step icsi then the eggs was fertilized. Science is amazing!

Twinkletot,
For me, I was the one who wanna to do endo scratch.. I Juz wan to try to up my chances, if possible

For me, my embryos won't implant despite excellent grades (except for the one, who is my 3yo daughter now)..

Endo scratch is meant to aid with implantation..

Went for scan today and out of the 6 follicles I have, only 5 are growing. Haii so few eggs.. Hope these eggs are quality eggs and continue to grow well. And my lining didn't thicken as well.. Still at 5.7mm. :( Guess it's still up to God to decide for me. Just hope for the best.

Don't worry too much. Thou easier said then done stay positive.

Anyone starting on IVF soon and want to start on DHEA pills? I used it to improve my embryo quality and still left slightly more than a bottle. Expire 2017 only. Anyone keen?

Don't worry too much. Thou easier said then done stay positive.
Thanks yyw82. I think the worse case will be I can't do ET. I am now on another 3 days stimulation as my eggs are growing very slowly. That will be day 11 of stim then scan again to decide when to do ER.

Hubby has been very encouraging telling me I have been very brave to go through IVF and whatever happens it's all God's will. Just stay positive and keep the faith. Now I just enjoy the food I want to eat before I can't eat for next 9 mths! :)

Thanks yyw82. I think the worse case will be I can't do ET. I am now on another 3 days stimulation as my eggs are growing very slowly. That will be day 11 of stim then scan again to decide when to do ER.

Hubby has been very encouraging telling me I have been very brave to go through IVF and whatever happens it's all God's will. Just stay positive and keep the faith. Now I just enjoy the food I want to eat before I
can't eat for next 9 mths! :)
Hi hopeful13, u r not alone...im oso ask to jab 3 more days n scan on mon...but was told if the growth is ok, ER might b on wed...

I juz went to kkh for my menopur jab..i cut myself this morn while trying to break the glass water bottle for the mixture..my first time doing it myself coz the previous jab were already pre-mix by the nurse at kkh..n i juz dun hv the strength to break a new bottle again after the cut...guess is probia liao so decided to go back kkh to ask them to jab n at the same time to request for one more water for tmr jab...then realised actuali i shld b given a plastic cover to break the bottle...but i was not given yest..:(

But l felt more relieved now that i already done the jab at kkh n gotten the extra water n the plastic cover for tmr jab...this journey is reali not easy...let's jia you tog!!!

Hope to receive gd news fm u on monday..:)

Last edited:
Hi twinkletot, for me, i was oso thinking to do endo scratch but b4 i open my mouth, dr tan suggested let's try to do endo scratch...he said not sure if it helps but no harm trying since i failed my first fresh..

But anyway, i failed my FET too even after the endo scratch..

Hi hopeful13, u r not alone...im oso ask to jab 3 more days n scan on mon...but was told if the growth is ok, ER might b on wed...

I juz went to kkh for my menopur jab..i cut myself this morn while trying to break the glass water bottle for the mixture..my first time doing it myself coz the previous jab were already pre-mix by the nurse at kkh..n i juz dun hv the strength to break a new bottle again after the cut...guess is probia liao so decided to go back kkh to ask them to jab n at the same time to request for one more water for tmr jab...then realised actuali i shld b given a plastic cover to break the bottle...but i was not given yest..:(

But l felt more relieved now that i already done the jab at kkh n gotten the extra water n the plastic cover for tmr jab...this journey is reali not easy...let's jia you tog!!!

Means we will see each other on Mon. :) Oh yah that bottle I remember I have to break the glass.. This time round mine is the full vial for 4 days. I guess I am likely going for ER on wed too. Hope I get to do ET this time. :)

Let's both Jia you!! ;)

O. I hate that breaking of the bottle thing... This round, I didn't have to do the breaking of the water thing. It was a new packaging. And I just need to put on the needle head on the vial of water and inject into the other bottle to mix it. I tot they changed the packaging. That's what the nurse told me. She said new packaging. Maybe it's different dosage? Mine was 150.

Lovestohavekids, i think yrs is progervis.. with 2 little bottles ( 1 solution, 1 powder)
Im sooo bored staying at home.. getting emo bcos is like totally no symptoms at all except jus mild cramps on off.. sore boobs gone.. keep googling if this is normal..bought m&m choco and drank a pkt of chilled milo for comfort.. feel guilty now.. :( :(

Lovestohavekids, i think yrs is progervis.. with 2 little bottles ( 1 solution, 1 powder)
Im sooo bored staying at home.. getting emo bcos is like totally no symptoms at all except jus mild cramps on off.. sore boobs gone.. keep googling if this is normal..bought m&m choco and drank a pkt of chilled milo for comfort.. feel guilty now.. :( :(
Nope. Mine was really Menopur in 600IU. That's what's written on the box.

I'm so bored at home too... Just like you, not much symptoms. No cramps yesterday. Didn't feel anything yday. But I had a teeny-weeny brown stain on my panty liner in morning and in evening. Not sure if that is good news.

Today I felt like nothing too. So tot maybe it's bad news. And I went out... After a while, I felt hip pain and got cramps. Dunno if I have caused my own "bad news".

I drank cold drinks too. And I don't think it's that bad...

Means we will see each other on Mon. :) Oh yah that bottle I remember I have to break the glass.. This time round mine is the full vial for 4 days. I guess I am likely going for ER on wed too. Hope I get to do ET this time. :)

Let's both Jia you!! ;)
Yeah!!! Let's jia you tog n do ER n ET tog!!! :)

I'm so bored at home too... Just like you, not much symptoms. No cramps yesterday. Didn't feel anything yday. But I had a teeny-weeny brown stain on my panty liner in morning and in evening. Not sure if that is good news.

Today I felt like nothing too. So tot maybe it's bad news. And I went out... After a while, I felt hip pain and got cramps. Dunno if I have caused my own "bad news".

Pls do not stress yourself. Some times it may be implantation bleeding. As long tired bleed not lasting and much of a bleeding should be fine. 75% IVF patients shows bleeding symptoms.
Think about it, even if stick, cannot be strong enough to hold through pregnancy also no good. Take care. Not our fault. When inside, we will not know the development or or good the embryos be. Some times, can be very good Grade at first but can grow in certain stages. We never know. Just follow. The flow and leave to God. Take care.

Hi ladies,

I'll b going for ER on Tuesday. Is there anything that I must take note off? Any supplement to take after the ER to increase implantation success rate? TIA..

Might be implantation... ♡jiayou jiayou♡
U think u walk too much??
Ytd night had a bad dream.. dreamt i was bathing n a big blood clot drop out... :(

Hi ladies, I keep vomit after ER, cannt eat and keep feeling dizzy, stomach v bloated, anyone hv same encounter ? Do I need to admit to a&e?

Hubby has been very encouraging telling me I have been very brave to go through IVF and whatever happens it's all God's will. Just stay positive and keep the faith. Now I just enjoy the food I want to eat before I can't eat for next 9 mths! :)
Is there a minimum lining before et can be done? In e worst case, is it possible to do OR n fet in the next month together with e last frozen embryo?

Some doctor advocate fet is better as there are less injections on e body

All e best gal n praying for you!

Might be implantation... ♡jiayou jiayou♡
U think u walk too much??
Ytd night had a bad dream.. dreamt i was bathing n a big blood clot drop out... :(
O my gosh. I had weird dreams too. I think cos I brought my daughter out and I had to handle her alone. Too gung ho... Today wake up, no feeling again. So well...

Hi ladies, I keep vomit after ER, cannt eat and keep feeling dizzy, stomach v bloated, anyone hv same encounter ? Do I need to admit to a&e?
Have you done your ET? It might be OHSS. I vomited 5 times after my first cycle's ER. Very bloated and in pain. I went to A&E. Doc said not OHSS for me. But I feel you should just go to A&E and check it if it's so bad. Tell the doc you had ER and having pain, vomiting and bloatedness.

Pls do not stress yourself. Some times it may be implantation bleeding. As long tired bleed not lasting and much of a bleeding should be fine. 75% IVF patients shows bleeding symptoms.
Think about it, even if stick, cannot be strong enough to hold through pregnancy also no good. Take care. Not our fault. When inside, we will not know the development or or good the embryos be. Some times, can be very good Grade at first but can grow in certain stages. We never know. Just follow. The flow and leave to God. Take care.
No worries. I'm not stressing myself over this actually. Just a cheap thrill to think abt the implantation bleeding. My previous successful IVF didn't have it too. This is already my third fresh cycle so kinda know what's going on.

Yes. I agree that if stick but not strong enough to carry thru pregnancy, it's also not good. God knows best.

Happy Sunday, everyone! Just had my very first shot of Cetrotide (which I heard is very painful). Well, I wouldn't know if it's really very painful cos I barely felt anything as the needle went in thanks to this nifty little device my friend sent over to me from the States! Am so amazed and happy with this product that I have to share it.

You ladies really have to check this device out if you are scared of injections like me. http://www.amazon.com/Buzzy®-Mini-Relief-System-Black/dp/B004UMOWBM

It's really small and cute and they use it on little children at hospitals in the States. It uses a small ice pack and intense vibrations to numb and distract from the pain. Just use it on the injection site for 1-3 mins (press down hard), then move it slightly away (while pressing the rounded bottom part of the buzzy firmly down on your skin so the vibrations distract from the jab) for the administration of the injection. Voila, expect to be amazed as you experience no pain! (I did feel the needle going in but it was a very strange dull feeling, not a sharp prick as you would imagine from a painful injection)

The buzzy looks like this:

71ihAdkWVvL._SY679_.jpg

Only problem is they don't ship to Singapore so you have to get your friends or family who live in the States to send one over to you. It's such a total lifesaver I swear. Because of it, my IVF journey has been largely a breeze and I no longer fear injections! (ok I still do kinda but I'm a lot more confident about not being a baby about it :p)

Am due for a blood test and a scan tomorrow. Hope many follies show up in tomorrow's scan! Am already counting down to my egg retrieval date and am getting increasingly excited. :D

Oh and I was thinking of going on a short trip after my egg retrieval, just before my egg transfer as it's my birthday week in between the estimated dates of my egg retrieval and egg transfer. Do you ladies think that's possible and if it's advisable at all? (It's my first IVF so I don't really know what to expect)

Is there a minimum lining before et can be done? In e worst case, is it possible to do OR n fet in the next month together with e last frozen embryo?

Some doctor advocate fet is better as there are less injections on e body

All e best gal n praying for you!
Thanks gal! I think the minimum is 6mm although best is 8mm. I transferred at 6+ mm the last round. Dr Tan say if below 6 he will cancel the ET. I was thinking if postpone ET maybe good for my body too.

I have been rather stress at work for the last 1 to 1.5 mths, not sure if that causes the poor lining.

How many eggs did u retrieve? Sound like ohss... please ask ur ivf dpmt nurses on advice if u need to admit for some medical attention

Take care of e cut...

How much is yr follicle size?when was e the last scan that you had? I understand kkh needs a minimal of 16mm for a few eggs to trigger e trigger jab

Have you done your ET? It might be OHSS. I vomited 5 times after my first cycle's ER. Very bloated and in pain. I went to A&E. Doc said not OHSS for me. But I feel you should just go to A&E and check it if it's so bad. Tell the doc you had ER and having pain, vomiting and bloatedness.
Hi lovetohavekids, yes ET done on Fri, jus went to acupuncture, felt better and the sinseh ask me to keep eat egg whites to help reduce bloatednese and eat sour plum to curb vomitness. Keep sleeping, oh gosh so scary experience... Nv felt so misterable...:(

Happy Sunday, everyone! Just had my very first shot of Cetrotide (which I heard is very painful). Well, I wouldn't know if it's really very painful cos I barely felt anything as the needle went in thanks to this nifty little device my friend sent over to me from the States! Am so amazed and happy with this product that I have to share it.

You ladies really have to check this device out if you are scared of injections like me. http://www.amazon.com/Buzzy®-Mini-Relief-System-Black/dp/B004UMOWBM

It's really small and cute and they use it on little children at hospitals in the States. It uses a small ice pack and intense vibrations to numb and distract from the pain. Just use it on the injection site for 1-3 mins (press down hard), then move it slightly away (while pressing the rounded bottom part of the buzzy firmly down on your skin so the vibrations distract from the jab) for the administration of the injection. Voila, expect to be amazed as you experience no pain! (I did feel the needle going in but it was a very strange dull feeling, not a sharp prick as you would imagine from a painful injection)

The buzzy looks like this:

71ihAdkWVvL._SY679_.jpg

Only problem is they don't ship to Singapore so you have to get your friends or family who live in the States to send one over to you. It's such a total lifesaver I swear. Because of it, my IVF journey has been largely a breeze and I no longer fear injections! (ok I still do kinda but I'm a lot more confident about not being a baby about it :p)

Am due for a blood test and a scan tomorrow. Hope many follies show up in tomorrow's scan! Am already counting down to my egg retrieval date and am getting increasingly excited. :D

Oh and I was thinking of going on a short trip after my egg retrieval, just before my egg transfer as it's my birthday week in between the estimated dates of my egg retrieval and egg transfer. Do you ladies think that's possible and if it's advisable at all? (It's my first IVF so I don't really know what to expect)

Usually et is 2 days after er but also depend if you are going for blasts. But I would think usually doc recommend to rest and prepare body for transfer.

Go for staycation maybe?

Hi lovetohavekids, yes ET done on Fri, jus went to acupuncture, felt better and the sinseh ask me to keep eat egg whites to help reduce bloatednese and eat sour plum to curb vomitness. Keep sleeping, oh gosh so scary experience... Nv felt so misterable...:(
I hope you feel better soon. Ya... I kept sleeping too. Take care!!

Eggcatcher, rest well and enjoy yr 2ww...
Loveatohavekids, wow.. so envy..i totally nvr take nap for all these while.. only v v short nap like 1/2hr only.. yr spotting stop liao?
Keep having itchy nose for these 2 days..

Usually et is 2 days after er but also depend if you are going for blasts. But I would think usually doc recommend to rest and prepare body for transfer.

Go for staycation maybe?

Oh cos my doctor said ET would be around 4-5 days after ER. Will see what my doctor says during tomorrow's scan I guess. Not too interested in having a staycation. Just went for 2 quite recently! :p

Eggcatcher, rest well and enjoy yr 2ww...
Loveatohavekids, wow.. so envy..i totally nvr take nap for all these while.. only v v short nap like 1/2hr only.. yr spotting stop liao?
Keep having itchy nose for these 2 days..
Aiya. That one not spotting la. I also dunno why got 2 light brown stain that day. No more after that. I sleep and sleep. At night so tired but take one hour to fall asleep. And kept having disturbed sleep. I think it's the progesterone inserts. It's like this for all my previous 2 fresh cycles and FET. But I only feel so tired for this round. Previously I was so energetic all the time. This round, I feel so lethargic all the time. Maybe older now...

I felt very bloated too after ER. Feels like I was 5 months pregnant n stomach was hard. The bloatedness was so bad tt it was also pushing hard on the top of the stomach. Even taking gasvicon didnt help. There were people who said drink gatorade so I drank 100plus. It subsided miraculously after 5 days n gets better after tt. It'd all clear when menses comes. Drink lots of water during this time n eat protein. Monitor weight gain for potential ohss although most cases are not. Rest lots. Hope u feel better soon.

Back