(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

lo having flu n cough since sat. Nt drinking much milk for the past few days. Each feed at most finish 30ml, wet his diapers less than 3 tyms a day. Lips seems v dry, v v cranky and waking up every hr wanting to be carried. Doubt he slps well these few days too. Wad shld i do. Shld i go bk kkh again? Last wk went dwn kkh n they only gave paracetamol cuz lo less than 6 mths cant take nuch meds.
In this case shld i still go bk kkh or to just let it be?? Help help!!
Private pd more daring .. They will give medicine that will make Lo feel better .. Kkh is more on conservative side .. For me after my experience with kkh for me boy .. I go straight to private pd .. My gal also had flu / phlegm / cough and went to her pd .. Was given medicine other than paracetamol and she got better

But of course the choice is yours some parent believe in not introducing medicine to Lo less than 6 months but for me my primary concern is to her feel better

Private pd more daring .. They will give medicine that will make Lo feel better .. Kkh is more on conservative side .. For me after my experience with kkh for me boy .. I go straight to private pd .. My gal also had flu / phlegm / cough and went to her pd .. Was given medicine other than paracetamol and she got better

But of course the choice is yours some parent believe in not introducing medicine to Lo less than 6 months but for me my primary concern is to her feel better
agree that should go private pd too.. my gal had fever den flu.. went to normal gp also din give her medicine for her nose.. she was on milk and nursing stike for a few days.. after that went to pd and gave her medicine.. she felt better after that..

agree that should go private pd too.. my gal had fever den flu.. went to normal gp also din give her medicine for her nose.. she was on milk and nursing stike for a few days.. after that went to pd and gave her medicine.. she felt better after that..
agreed...

actually parent need to do their own judgement ... IMHO if LO has phlegm and blocked nose ...better to see PD for medicine and not try to do natural remedy ..
reason is simple... these are airway related.. LO still young their airway still narrow... the phlegm and blocked nose can affect their breathing ... so for me i not taking any chance to take own sweet time let them heal on their own

as I am now approaching the 5 mth mark , i just shifted my goal to 1 yr :)
wow.. haha, you are good...

it din help that i think my supply is going down too.. my gal slpt thru for past few week and i din wake up to pump.. my supply drop about 100ml ytd.. not sure if its gonna continue gg down..

my target is 6 mths too.. and i feel like stopping at days i feel really tired. but yet i can't bring myself to stop.
Yes.. I am having exactly the same feeling! I want to stop and give myself more rest and time to commit at work... But feeling guilty of depriving my lo the bm.

as I am now approaching the 5 mth mark , i just shifted my goal to 1 yr :)
Yes.. I always hope to bf 1yr. My target shifted from 1month to 3months to 6months and now struggling to stop or to continue.....

But I have the block ducts issue which makes me really hope to stop...

Yes.. I am having exactly the same feeling! I want to stop and give myself more rest and time to commit at work... But feeling guilty of depriving my lo the bm.

Yes.. I always hope to bf 1yr. My target shifted from 1month to 3months to 6months and now struggling to stop or to continue.....

i feel guilty too but i will still stop soon ... cos my supply has dropped until ..so pathetic lolz .. esp when LO sleep thru since 3-4 months i also din wake up to pump .. + my health problem ..

so to make my self feel better i will tell myself .. i dun need to bf just to bond with my gal.. there are many other ways i can bond with her :p and she is getting other nutritions from her solid as well lolz

ah Q spirt lolz

i feel guilty too but i will still stop soon ... cos my supply has dropped until ..so pathetic lolz .. esp when LO sleep thru since 3-4 months i also din wake up to pump .. + my health problem ..

so to make my self feel better i will tell myself .. i dun need to bf just to bond with my gal.. there are many other ways i can bond with her :p and she is getting other nutritions from her solid as well lolz

ah Q spirt lolz
haha, i wish i can convince myself soon.. what FM are you giving ur gal?

wow.. haha, you are good...

it din help that i think my supply is going down too.. my gal slpt thru for past few week and i din wake up to pump.. my supply drop about 100ml ytd.. not sure if its gonna continue gg down..
Miss a pump only and your supply go down?

actually medicine for infant given by PD may nor may not work. My bb cough for one month with the medicine and shown no improvement. Recently other parents recommend me to go for pediatric tuina... so my baby went last week. AFter three consecutive days of tuina/massage plus herbs to apply on, her cough seems to be much better...

actually medicine for infant given by PD may nor may not work. My bb cough for one month with the medicine and shown no improvement. Recently other parents recommend me to go for pediatric tuina... so my baby went last week. AFter three consecutive days of tuina/massage plus herbs to apply on, her cough seems to be much better...
yah i saw your FB on the tui na .. how much is it ??

today i saw the paper and saw Ma Kwang also have pediatric tuina so for those who are not convenient to go Kembangan can try Ma Kwang

Yes tcm definitely works for my bb too... He had v bad cough when he was ard 2mths old. Went to 2 pds and was given min cough mixture which doesn't work at all. They told me to wait out 2wks, Will recover by itself. But He was coughing so badly, he couldn't sleep. Decided to bring him to Eu Yan Seng and could see him getting better on e 2nd day.

powder medicine ..how to feed them that :eek:
i feed normal western medicine ... she already struggle like mad macam like i want to murder her lolz
Feed bit by bit w ur finger. Swipe some on her tongue Then follow by drops of water. I find it easier n more effective to get e med in rather than mixing w water n trying to feed a mixture

powder medicine ..how to feed them that :eek:
i feed normal western medicine ... she already struggle like mad macam like i want to murder her lolz
not meant for feeding... its to tie onto baby belly button... no ingesting!

my baby western cough drops is sweet one... no struggle

Yes tcm definitely works for my bb too... He had v bad cough when he was ard 2mths old. Went to 2 pds and was given min cough mixture which doesn't work at all. They told me to wait out 2wks, Will recover by itself. But He was coughing so badly, he couldn't sleep. Decided to bring him to Eu Yan Seng and could see him getting better on e 2nd day.
din know EYS see infant too ..

Feed bit by bit w ur finger. Swipe some on her tongue Then follow by drops of water. I find it easier n more effective to get e med in rather than mixing w water n trying to feed a mixture
i used to do that for my boy .. when he get old he prefer chinese medicine than western medicine ..no idea why lolz

lo having flu n cough since sat. Nt drinking much milk for the past few days. Each feed at most finish 30ml, wet his diapers less than 3 tyms a day. Lips seems v dry, v v cranky and waking up every hr wanting to be carried. Doubt he slps well these few days too. Wad shld i do. Shld i go bk kkh again? Last wk went dwn kkh n they only gave paracetamol cuz lo less than 6 mths cant take nuch meds.

Dun go kkh go pd instead.

Go kkh useless. They will tell u they believe in self recover.... sometimes bb need abit help from other med to aid their recovery....

Try clear his nose ? That might be the reason he can't drink well. .. dry lips shows that bb is dehydrated have to take note .. let him drink small amt more frequently instead .

din know EYS see infant too ..

i used to do that for my boy .. when he get old he prefer chinese medicine than western medicine ..no idea why lolz
Have. I go to tiong Bahru outlet.

My older boy n nephews n friends kids don't have much issue w Chinese med too... Not much prob getting them to drink, Jus mix in cup n they can drink on their own. Odd eh... Bitter they don't mind

I know how you feel! My supply was not a lot alr then recently had blocked ducts too. Supply went straight down. Doesn't help that in office I can only pump 1-2 times.
Want to continue but sometimes so tired. The only thing that makes me want to continue is the nursing sessions with lo in the evenings that we both enjoy..

Have. I go to tiong Bahru outlet.

My older boy n nephews n friends kids don't have much issue w Chinese med too... Not much prob getting them to drink, Jus mix in cup n they can drink on their own. Odd eh... Bitter they don't mind

Can share which sinseh?

Go pte pd instead? My pd did said if cannot drink feed more frequent as flu will last abt 3 to 4 weeks b4 fully recover.

I know how you feel! My supply was not a lot alr then recently had blocked ducts too. Supply went straight down. Doesn't help that in office I can only pump 1-2 times.
Want to continue but sometimes so tired. The only thing that makes me want to continue is the nursing sessions with lo in the evenings that we both enjoy..
I have never latch before... I have short nipples.. so I only give ebm... I hope my future kid can successfully latch..

How long ur lo takes to learn to swallow? I tried around 1 week .. so far.. 50% are direct spit out.. but he is very interested in the food juz dun know how to swallow

At the beginning mine the food went all over his mouth... it's much better now... he's been eating for approx 3 weeks....

Anyone trying baby led weaning? How is it like' Want to try with my soon to be 6m old, but worried about choking.

I am not doing full BLW, but I always give my bb finger food to play with during this meal time... Right now he isn't showing any interest yet if I just leave it on the table. But if I feed it to him, he will chomp on it... think choking is not an issue with most foods, except for banana! My boy bite off such a big piece of the banana that I had to fish it out of his mouth...

Hi mummies, may I check with you if the teats size for bottle feeding is important?

So far I have been direct latching my gal since birth but I intend to introduce the bottle +FM to replace her feeds slowly after her 6 months in July as she will be going to infantcare in August.

So far I'm looking at the bottles I've gotten free from buying of breast pump and steriliser. The teats frm the bottles I have recommended age is for NB or 3months+. If I were to use the bottle, should I buy the teats meant for 6months+? Also what size of bottles are you all using currently now ?

Hi mummies, may I check with you if the teats size for bottle feeding is important?

So far I have been direct latching my gal since birth but I intend to introduce the bottle +FM to replace her feeds slowly after her 6 months in July as she will be going to infantcare in August.

So far I'm looking at the bottles I've gotten free from buying of breast pump and steriliser. The teats frm the bottles I have recommended age is for NB or 3months+. If I were to use the bottle, should I buy the teats meant for 6months+? Also what size of bottles are you all using currently now ?

If your LO not used to bottle feed, suggest you use NB or smaller holes first. If she grows impatient then you upgrade to larger holes teat. It takes time to transit, I have just transited mine to Y variant flow.

At the beginning mine the food went all over his mouth... it's much better now... he's been eating for approx 3 weeks....
I am not doing full BLW, but I always give my bb finger food to play with during this meal time... Right now he isn't showing any interest yet if I just leave it on the table. But if I feed it to him, he will chomp on it... think choking is not an issue with most foods, except for banana! My boy bite off such a big piece of the banana that I had to fish it out of his mouth...

Phew... luckily you are there to supervise... that day i my ger tried a tiny piece of papaya... her tongue reflex is not there anymore, she can "chew" and we knew she has swallowed cuz her poo has that piece of papaya which was not digested!!!! kekeke

Phew... luckily you are there to supervise... that day i my ger tried a tiny piece of papaya... her tongue reflex is not there anymore, she can "chew" and we knew she has swallowed cuz her poo has that piece of papaya which was not digested!!!! kekeke
wah u all power so fast try banana and papaya :eek:

If your LO not used to bottle feed, suggest you use NB or smaller holes first. If she grows impatient then you upgrade to larger holes teat. It takes time to transit, I have just transited mine to Y variant flow.

Agree that start with slow flow teats first. If you still intend to DL, don't go with the fast flow teats, as bb may end up preferring that over DL... that's what I was told.... my boy is still using teats for 1+ month, even though he alr turned 6m yesterday... No complaints from him, in fact now that he can suck better, he drink much faster than previously.

Hi mummies long time no log in. Been so busy with my LO who kanna false measles last week. Damn shag with the high fever and rashes that followed. Haish.... but glad he recovered liao.

Thx for sharing. Didn't expect banana to be hazardous. What foods did you introduce as finger foods so far?

I'm planning to try sweet potato this weekend. Tried banana n avocado which he doesn't seem to like much. But he look very interested when we are eating potato chips n other junk food and try to grab them. Maybe we shld stop eating junk food in front of him...lol
When can we start porridge?
Did anyone get those blender steamer? Is it useful?

Back