Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Not advisable to go so early Cux u may forget what is taught in class.
Attended Wong boh Boi class for my #1. Personally I think it's gd Cux it gives an idea of SOME stuff u need to know. And if u r going for natural birth they do teach the breathing methods etc..

Thanks for sharing. Will keep this in view when I am later in my term.

Dear ladies, although this is a little premature for me, just curious to find out on the cost of engaging confinement aunties and where to get suitable references? I often hear friends sharing that they get confinement aunties from Malaysia and they stay at their house kind of arrangement. Thomson has a service for this but I am wondering if this would be super pricey.

It's nvr too early to look for confinement ladies Cux gd ones are normally booked way in advance. Ask ur friends for referral. But don't take at face value. Cux what works for them may not work for u.. Do at lest 2-3 interviews with the CLs and choose the one u think is best for u..

Or I heard of PEM agency. More ex but Cux it's agency if u dun like can change after a few days. So in a way u may have some "protection"

My mum helped me wif confinement so what I m saying now is based on what I hear from other people. Perhaps they may have better advice for u

Dear ladies, although this is a little premature for me, just curious to find out on the cost of engaging confinement aunties and where to get suitable references? I often hear friends sharing that they get confinement aunties from Malaysia and they stay at their house kind of arrangement. Thomson has a service for this but I am wondering if this would be super pricey.

My confinement lady is my sis in law last time confinement lady frien. She's frm kluang n the style she cook is very similar to my taste so I'm quite happy with her. Don't have any unpleasant service with her

When is a good time to start to book for our prenatal classes? KKH starts at week 16 .. so should we book first then go or once reaching week 16 then book? :confused:
Also, can I join prenatal class at NUH even though i'm not from there...:D

@Best Fertility Friend: Better start booking for your CN lo... ladies at my stage had already booked one...hmmm Nov and Dec tends to be the peak periods.... If situation allows.. I would go for PEM. Sigh.. why Singapore don have a confinement centre ..like the one in Taiwan....

One more month for my favourite fruit - DURIANS!:p

@MTB-2015, can check with you.. Are you from KKH or others? As private or subsidized? How much is the delivery bill etc... Mind sharing?
KKH under subsidized patient. I was with TMC private gynae, but after 3months of pregnant, I realized I got high blood pressure and GD, plus my age 40, Its a high risk pregnancy. Therefore, I went to KKH as a subsidized patient just in case any complication or bb needs to stay in NICU.

I stayed in C ward, even though C ward is more noisy and not much privacy but the nurses r quite good, I was happy with their service. When delivery, no doctor, only midwife. KK's midwife very professional, I am appreciated.

My normal delivery with epidural, total bill is $1600+. Stayed total 5 days in Cward (2 days before delivery for induction. And 3days after delivery). All paid by medisave. $0 cash.

When is a good time to start to book for our prenatal classes? KKH starts at week 16 .. so should we book first then go or once reaching week 16 then book? :confused:

@Best Fertility Friend: Better start booking for your CN lo... ladies at my stage had already booked one...hmmm Nov and Dec tends to be the peak periods.... If situation allows.. I would go for PEM. Sigh.. why Singapore don have a confinement centre ..like the one in Taiwan....

I started my antenatal class with KKH @ 27weeks. Don't start it too early, sure forget all the details like breathing techniques. $150 for 9classes, 50% cheaper than TMC's antenatal class.

Singapore's rental is too high, so confinement centers can't survive. JB has 月子中心 but I am not sure how's the standard.

KKH under subsidized patient. I was with TMC private gynae, but after 3months of pregnant, I realized I got high blood pressure and GD, plus my age 40, Its a high risk pregnancy. Therefore, I went to KKH as a subsidized patient just in case any complication or bb needs to stay in NICU.

I stayed in C ward, even though C ward is more noisy and not much privacy but the nurses r quite good, I was happy with their service. When delivery, no doctor, only midwife. KK's midwife very professional, I am appreciated.

My normal delivery with epidural, total bill is $1600+. Stayed total 5 days in Cward (2 days before delivery for induction. And 3days after delivery). All paid by medisave. $0 cash.

Wow, the sum is pretty manageable!... I'm stuck with either going with a private gynae or staying put as subsidised patient at KKH. As I'm not working now.. hence finance consideration is one big factor... But of course, will try to strike balance between costs and comfort. Thanks once again.

Last edited:
I started my antenatal class with KKH @ 27weeks. Don't start it too early, sure forget all the details like breathing techniques. $150 for 9classes, 50% cheaper than TMC's antenatal class.

Singapore's rental is too high, so confinement centers can't survive. JB has 月子中心 but I am not sure how's the standard.

You got the point there... If Singapore has one.. it surely solved all my issues! and I can enjoy like a queen over there with all the professionals taking care of my bb and me..
haha.. Confinement period can be 28 days and 40 days, is it?

Ok noted taken on the antenatal class...and you have made me feel more assured... Thanks!

Lambi, counting down in a month's time? Feeling the excitement for friends on this platform:) (Realised that I don't know how to tag)
you can tag by adding @ in front of the name/nick..

actually 3 more weeks now!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I hope not earlier cos my hubby will only be here 1st sunday of june..

the class will be useful for 1st timers but go during 2nd trimester best I think..

confinement lady I think many no experience but want the good money ..so I dare not engage ..if u engage one who is good then u lucky , else good luck for the whole mth..I was tempted to search for part time non live-in ones though at first but for my case twins they also charge $3k+ hor! Just for simple cooking/cleaning after cooking/marketing for ingredients..i requested they DUN NEED TO take care of bbs some more flexitime--8am-5pm/8.30-5.30pm or 9am-6pm kinda timing plus an 1/2 hr lunchtime break ..wah its even better than office admin work I tell u.. in future when I older say late 40s-mid 50s I also want go work as cl

I booked a Malaysia auntie for my confinement in Nov. .. I know it's too early but my sis said it's better to chop first as it's SG50!
28 days for sgd 2500... std pricing

I ate a big box of yummy durians yesterday already ..my parents got from yishun chong pang! yes u can join nuh de anenatal classes but hv to pay a bit extra cos non-patient. But I DUN recommend the express class hor..

Last edited:
Hello! I'm 8wks pregnant, conceived successfully on my 2nd ivf try. I'm still a super kancheong mum, I think after trying for 3 years, I'm just so anxious about the pregnancy.
Going for a checkup tomorrow and scan tomorrow. Can't help but feel super nervous!!

Hoping to find first tri buddies!

I ate a big box of yummy durians yesterday already ..my parents got from yishun chong pang! yes u can join nuh de anenatal classes but hv to pay a bit extra cos non-patient. But I DUN recommend the express class hor..
Huh? Y don't go express class? I still intending to book NUH express class leh.

Hello! I'm 8wks pregnant, conceived successfully on my 2nd ivf try. I'm still a super kancheong mum, I think after trying for 3 years, I'm just so anxious about the pregnancy.
Going for a checkup tomorrow and scan tomorrow. Can't help but feel super nervous!!

Congrats!! Hahaa I read your post also I feel abit more kan cheong. All the best for scan tomorrow

Congrats babe!

I see ur post I also feel like having durian feast haha...

you can tag by adding @ in front of the name/nick..

actually 3 more weeks now!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I hope not earlier cos my hubby will only be here 1st sunday of june..

the class will be useful for 1st timers but go during 2nd trimester best I think..

confinement lady I think many no experience but want the good money ..so I dare not engage ..if u engage one who is good then u lucky , else good luck for the whole mth..I was tempted to search for part time non live-in ones though at first but for my case twins they also charge $3k+ hor! Just for simple cooking/cleaning after cooking/marketing for ingredients..i requested they DUN NEED TO take care of bbs some more flexitime--8am-5pm/8.30-5.30pm or 9am-6pm kinda timing plus an 1/2 hr lunchtime break ..wah its even better than office admin work I tell u.. in future when I older say late 40s-mid 50s I also want go work as cl

Thanks for the tip on how to tag. Yes, will consider going in the 2nd trimester. Thought that hubby might feel more involved this way by going for classes with me. He looked very left out, apart from bringing me from places to places.

Wow! 3 more weeks! Time flies! $3K+ seemed to be the market rate. Have you managed to find one yet? It is so important to "zuo yue" properly according to old sayings. It is the only chance to build up the body constitution once and for all. What else is on your checklist?
Haha, I don't know whether I can work as CL or not next time....

It's nvr too early to look for confinement ladies Cux gd ones are normally booked way in advance. Ask ur friends for referral. But don't take at face value. Cux what works for them may not work for u.. Do at lest 2-3 interviews with the CLs and choose the one u think is best for u..

Or I heard of PEM agency. More ex but Cux it's agency if u dun like can change after a few days. So in a way u may have some "protection"

My mum helped me wif confinement so what I m saying now is based on what I hear from other people. Perhaps they may have better advice for u

I see. Thank you for the advice. It is true that going through an agency has its pros, in the way of choices and feedback route. I can't ask my mom for help because she was way too exhausted with the care of my sister's kids then.

TMC has classes for 20th week and onwards. Seemed like to reach first, then booked. I stay in the west, if NUH has, I also hope to go there for classes. Can check if they hold it like for public classes. Taiwan's very progressive to have confinement centre, wish wish wish to go there too!!! Wow!! I didn't know must book so early for CL. I am still stuck in the stage of overcoming MS and crossing the 1st milestone.

When is your EDD month? You mean eating durians during later term or during confinement?

Last edited:
My confinement lady is my sis in law last time confinement lady frien. She's frm kluang n the style she cook is very similar to my taste so I'm quite happy with her. Don't have any unpleasant service with her

I see. That is really nice. So would you be using her as your CL again? Will like to find out if a contract will be needed when you don't go through agency. Or it is by words of trust?

Huh? Y don't go express class? I still intending to book NUH express class leh.

hmm..i personally find it like very not hands on type..more like sitting down lecture kind mostly for the whole of the 1st and 2nd part duration.

For the 1st part (exercises) still ok the instructor gave us ample time to practice the breathing technics/relaxing position and massages hubby can give us but then were let off 1hr too early..it was like from 10-1pm supposingly but only till 12pm..then for the 2nd part 2-6pm (taking care of bb etc) I find worse..no dummies for us 1st timers to practice hands on holding the bb etc..only one main bb dummy with the instructor who is a nurse in front of the class and she just went thru like we were experienced mothers just touch and go thru..ended early too at 5+ but some of us stayed back for questions.

I find that the 1hr shortchanged could have been used for us to learn the method of holding bb, bathing bb, care, burb etc and that everyone should be given a bb dummy to practice on..Well I feedbacked to them and they said they actually do provide us with a hands-on session after bb is born..using our own bb as a guide to guide us. We will learn too at that point she added..i told her then what's the use of spending the money to just sit thru lecture style? I might as well learn more from youtube in the comfort of my home foc..for bb dummy can afford to slip and fall from our hands not for our own real precious bbs..So hmm..if given a choice again I would go to try other more popular classes like wong bb's one at tmc cos nearer to my place..

$150 for 9 classes is a great deal! Makes $ sense to go for KKH's classes. That means starting classes in 3rd tri is fine too. Hehe... as based on recency effect.

hmm..i personally find it like very not hands on type..more like sitting down lecture kind mostly for the whole of the 1st and 2nd part duration.

For the 1st part (exercises) still ok the instructor gave us ample time to practice the breathing technics/relaxing position and massages hubby can give us but then were let off 1hr too early..it was like from 10-1pm supposingly but only till 12pm..then for the 2nd part 2-6pm (taking care of bb etc) I find worse..no dummies for us 1st timers to practice hands on holding the bb etc..only one main bb dummy with the instructor who is a nurse in front of the class and she just went thru like we were experienced mothers just touch and go thru..ended early too at 5+ but some of us stayed back for questions.

I find that the 1hr shortchanged could have been used for us to learn the method of holding bb, bathing bb, care, burb etc and that everyone should be given a bb dummy to practice on..Well I feedbacked to them and they said they actually do provide us with a hands-on session after bb is born..using our own bb as a guide to guide us. We will learn too at that point she added..i told her then what's the use of spending the money to just sit thru lecture style? I might as well learn more from youtube in the comfort of my home foc..for bb dummy can afford to slip and fall from our hands not for our own real precious bbs..So hmm..if given a choice again I would go to try other more popular classes like wong bb's one at tmc cos nearer to my place..

Thanks for sharing Lambi. Always thought that antenatal classes are fairly the same. Didn't realise that standards and approaches can be vastly different.

Thanks for the tip on how to tag. Yes, will consider going in the 2nd trimester. Thought that hubby might feel more involved this way by going for classes with me. He looked very left out, apart from bringing me from places to places.

Wow! 3 more weeks! Time flies! $3K+ seemed to be the market rate. Have you managed to find one yet? It is so important to "zuo yue" properly according to old sayings. It is the only chance to build up the body constitution once and for all. What else is on your checklist?
Haha, I don't know whether I can work as CL or not next time....

Good to have hubby for company and involvement cos it will be a memory :) Hmm I feel $3k too ex! I can get 2 airtickets already! Nope finally I settled with no one apart from my hubby's 4 weeks with me....else I have a part time helper once or twice every week to help clean the hse...I intend to cater for food that's all

Good to have hubby for company and involvement cos it will be a memory :) Hmm I feel $3k too ex! I can get 2 airtickets already! Nope finally I settled with no one apart from my hubby's 4 weeks with me....else I have a part time helper once or twice every week to help clean the hse...I intend to cater for food that's all

I see. Your hubby is your confinement helper :) That is really nice! Your arrangement sounds good too!

just after I posted..i read my mail..got a mail from them natal essential saying that I hv a different menu instead of the usual dinner menu..cos apparently they didn't state that alternate week they swap the lunch and dinner..so instead of pig trotters vinegar I will be getting egg with long beans!!?? I called to complain..i didn't pay 32 for egg with long beans..that one I also might as well cook myself...they say will call me back..aiyoh..not started already got hiccup with them..

Last edited:
$150 for 9 classes is a great deal! Makes $ sense to go for KKH's classes. That means starting classes in 3rd tri is fine too. Hehe... as based on recency effect.

Don't start in 3rd trimester scally before u can finish the lesson u give birth liao. That's what happen to my ivf buddy she didn attend her last lesson bcoz kana induce n give birth due to low water level

Food catering also need at least $1500 per month ba?

@ron8129 , @tired_rainbow , @forumbb , @hi_mei , thanks guys, and everyone else that has given me support! The scan went well and baby is developing well :). Am so much more relieved now. *phew*

I know its rather silly, but I've being holding off doing/ buying a lot of things cause I'm just so scared that something might happen (*touchwood) and I will be stuck with all these items which just reminds me of it.
(pretty scarred cause I had a bad experience at work, I took time off for ivf and on the date of return, basically the terms changed and the workplace was not very supportive towards my pregnancy. I was devastated and angry, but for the sake of my baby, I've decided to quit and focus on my baby)

anyway, I'm now in the process of hunting down CL and I didn't realise that everyone will already be booked up for Dec/Jan! Also, Im looking for 2 months and 1 of them which I've asked wanted to charge $1k (i.e. $3.8k) extra cause its CNY month in Feb (and this is with 4 days off for CNY). :( Am considering going to PEM now

just after I posted..i read my mail..got a mail from them natal essential saying that I hv a different menu instead of the usual dinner menu..cos apparently they didn't state that alternate week they swap the lunch and dinner..so instead of pig trotters vinegar I will be getting egg with long beans!!?? I called to complain..i didn't pay 32 for egg with long beans..that one I also might as well cook myself...they say will call me back..aiyoh..not started already got hiccup with them..

Hahahs.. Just read this on a FB group
ImageUploadedByForum1432197267.589231.jpg

Food catering also need at least $1500 per month ba?
ard there depending on if one take lunch/dinner or only one meal..but at least no need headache money for confinement lady to get groceries on top of her salary and her live in arrangements or her character wise duno if suitable or not..

Actually Natal Essential is quite nice I feel.
ImageUploadedByForum1432201919.998707.jpg

One of the meals I had

Had booked them for a week for lunch and dinner sometimes last Dec.

cannot wait for my Trial confinement dinner tonight hehe..will share pictures/feedback later for those interested :):)

Gal, is your tonight dinner with them? Be stringent with them okay... And provide your honest opinion! Still hope that you will have a wonderful dinner. :)

Any ladies can provide any further details on KKH's? Is it similar to the above?

TMC has classes for 20th week and onwards. Seemed like to reach first, then booked. I stay in the west, if NUH has, I also hope to go there for classes. Can check if they hold it like for public classes. Taiwan's very progressive to have confinement centre, wish wish wish to go there too!!! Wow!! I didn't know must book so early for CL. I am still stuck in the stage of overcoming MS and crossing the 1st milestone.

When is your EDD month? You mean eating durians during later term or during confinement?

My EDD month will be in Nov... For me, intended to have it during the term..haha..like next month which is the peak season... :p

Back