(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi.. need advise!! My girl now 4 weeks. Her face having a bad rash with yellow / white dots. Today just realise that her neck also have it. When she get angry or crying, her face's rash become brightly red. This make me more worry. Can anyone advise what should i put on her? Thks.

Hi Ivyyang,

My girl also have a red rash with white dots look like a very small pimple at her face and body. I asked Dr at Polyclinic yesterday when check her jaundice and Dr said no need to worry and no need to put anything as that's oil. Baby producing oil and sometimes too much became like pimple. It will disappear by it's self.

Mummies, how much EBM should a 12 day old be able to take in 24 hours? I'm afraid that I'm over feeding my LO. He cues for 90ml every 3 hours - that's >700ml a day. *worried*
My boy started taking 90-100ml when he was 10 days old. They will have a growth spurt from 2 - 4 weeks.

C-sec mummies, by when u do not feel any pain from the wound? Anyone done massage already? I suppose all start showering le? :D
Hi, this is my 3rd week home. I had v minimal pain from 2nd week onwards and I have to remind myself to be careful and not touch the wound. Will be starting my massage this week!

C-sec mummies, by when u do not feel any pain from the wound? Anyone done massage already? I suppose all start showering le? :D
1 week after c-sec no more pain.. My massage lady said only can massage after 3 wks. I start shower when come back from hospital and wash hair too. But use Chinese medicine for bath.

Mummies, jus to intro u all a body cream i started using after i end my post natal massage. I feel it helps to tone the tummy abit... But only used for 4 days, need 7days onwards for full result.
Bio-essence Inch loss (Celebrity's choice) - i bought the blue tube 3in1, and red tube Extra strength.

My tolerance for heat very high, ginger cream i used dun feel the 'heat/hot' but this cream really got burning sensation. Can consider to buy after ending of ur massage sessions :)

My edd this thurs, but my gynae nvr mention on inducing or other options if overdue. He still say see you next week lol. Guess based on my situation, everything is ok w baby and me so he rather i wait things out. Or he expect me to pop anytime soon. I dunno ah, maybe this one follow his sister oso plan to come out on edd.
mine jus gave me deadline. If I dun pop these few days, dr will induce next Friday. Said not gd to stay inside for too long. Guess dr worry baby will poo poo inside? baby really too comfy inside. Noes the weather too hot nowadays. Stay inside can enjoy air con. Haha

mine jus gave me deadline. If I dun pop these few days, dr will induce next Friday. Said not gd to stay inside for too long. Guess dr worry baby will poo poo inside? baby really too comfy inside. Noes the weather too hot nowadays. Stay inside can enjoy air con. Haha

Haha that's a cute thought!

How many weeks are you now?

Mummies, jus to intro u all a body cream i started using after i end my post natal massage. I feel it helps to tone the tummy abit... But only used for 4 days, need 7days onwards for full result.
Bio-essence Inch loss (Celebrity's choice) - i bought the blue tube 3in1, and red tube Extra strength.

My tolerance for heat very high, ginger cream i used dun feel the 'heat/hot' but this cream really got burning sensation. Can consider to buy after ending of ur massage sessions :)
Where can buy??? :D

Today bb checking his Thyroid and see they drew blood from the little vein out from back of his little hand..both me and hubby heart feel sooooooooo painful T_T. Now need to wait 2 hours for results. Hope everything is fine and he has no thyroid and no more blood test! The last time he had blood drew from his hand in hospital, took him abt 2weeks to recover from the blue black.
Yay!! Today's Thyroid function results are good! Both within normal index.. yay yay... this the good news... bad news is bb needs to be prick another time in another followup to confirm plus chop to make sure his thyroid really Okie. Doc said they need at least min 2 good normal results to consider everything's fine.

Mummies, how much EBM should a 12 day old be able to take in 24 hours? I'm afraid that I'm over feeding my LO. He cues for 90ml every 3 hours - that's >700ml a day. *worried*

See below picture

ImageUploadedByForum1432100099.178420.jpg

Hi.. need advise!! My girl now 4 weeks. Her face having a bad rash with yellow / white dots. Today just realise that her neck also have it. When she get angry or crying, her face's rash become brightly red. This make me more worry. Can anyone advise what should i put on her? Thks.
My bb also got it. I asked PD, she told me its 胎毒,no need to do anything or apply any cream. It will disappear itself. Don't worry.

All babies are different I guess as long as they are eating no need to worry too much ya. Just take it easy n relax. Jia you!!

Going to remove my water-proof plaster today and hopefully I can bathe with ease and peace. Don't feel the pain after 1 week and things are doing ok for me!

Consulted the massage lady and will be starting maybe next week for my massage.

Going to remove my water-proof plaster today and hopefully I can bathe with ease and peace. Don't feel the pain after 1 week and things are doing ok for me!

Consulted the massage lady and will be starting maybe next week for my massage.
Wow.. Gd for u. I keep feeling I haven't heal well. :confused:

My breasts feeling pain. But is oni 2hrs since last pump and my output is not a lot. Squeeze hard for 20mins, and I oni get 80-100ml. :(

My breasts feeling pain. But is oni 2hrs since last pump and my output is not a lot. Squeeze hard for 20mins, and I oni get 80-100ml. :(
Same here....I have been so busy pumping and pumping I haven't been spending much time with my baby! When I have free time, I rest, wake up pump again....feel like giving up bf :(

@jjmom, watson, ntuc, spring beaute, venus, beauty languge all selling. Price wise got difference, cos some store sell less den $28, some $40..
My husband aso now start to use... Haha

Same here....I have been so busy pumping and pumping I haven't been spending much time with my baby! When I have free time, I rest, wake up pump again....feel like giving up bf :(

Bf or pumping shldnt be taking up all ur time leh.. Maybe reduce the pump time, or frequency to spend more time with ur kid... Dont look at the output amount to compensate ur bb intake, can supplement fm till u really establish ur supply, if not able, den jus continue wat u have. It shouldnt be tiring!! Dont stress urself too.. Jiayou..

U got massage check for block ducts, or lumps? Try to latch more if possible. If not, den a ML to help u with ur breast.. Every 2hrs pump is duper tiring! 100ml is gd enough for bb 1feed, dont worry bout the amount u squeeze out... Jus dont over tire urself also.

U got massage check for block ducts, or lumps? Try to latch more if possible. If not, den a ML to help u with ur breast.. Every 2hrs pump is duper tiring! 100ml is gd enough for bb 1feed, dont worry bout the amount u squeeze out... Jus dont over tire urself also.
My tits r already so sore n swollen from all the pumping dat bb dun wan to latch le. Areola got blister too.
Pump oso pain, dun pump oso pain. Haiz..
Oni gd thing is the weight lost from milking, haha..

My tits r already so sore n swollen from all the pumping dat bb dun wan to latch le. Areola got blister too.
I dont know if its the TBF regime or just sheer exhaustion from taking care of my princess, i'm 48kg now (168cm) which is a 7kg drop since discharge. Bt its all worth it to see baby gaining weight well

I dont know if its the TBF regime or just sheer exhaustion from taking care of my princess, i'm 48kg now (168cm) which is a 7kg drop since discharge. Bt its all worth it to see baby gaining weight well
Same here. I drop 7kg but loose belly flab still around. 4kg more to go. Hope massage lady can help.

@highness I'm also damn shag from pumping and having blister on one side. I use a cotton ball,tear apart for a smaller size,dab abit of virgin coconut oil & leave on the blister before I start pumping. So that the cotton brush against the funnel instead of the blister. Feels better and abrasion not so bad liao. Virgin coconut oil is safe for baby.

Same here. I drop 7kg but loose belly flab still around. 4kg more to go. Hope massage lady can help.

@highness I'm also damn shag from pumping and having blister on one side. I use a cotton ball,tear apart for a smaller size,dab abit of virgin coconut oil & leave on the blister before I start pumping. So that the cotton brush against the funnel instead of the blister. Feels better and abrasion not so bad liao. Virgin coconut oil is safe for baby.
My silicon massager for spectra juz arrived. Tried it out for 1 pump le. Hopefully it helps. If not, I'm gonna stop bf le. It is too painful. I guess is might be a bacteria infection of the nipple. Poor breast..

Bf or pumping shldnt be taking up all ur time leh.. Maybe reduce the pump time, or frequency to spend more time with ur kid... Dont look at the output amount to compensate ur bb intake, can supplement fm till u really establish ur supply, if not able, den jus continue wat u have. It shouldnt be tiring!! Dont stress urself too.. Jiayou..

Can't reduce otherwise I get engorgement...so its pump or die. Haha...I also quite anal to not give him formula if possible so indirectly stressing myself out. Sigh...

Wah I not sure if I lose so much weight and I eat like a horse now. Always hungry...

My silicon massager for spectra juz arrived. Tried it out for 1 pump le. Hopefully it helps. If not, I'm gonna stop bf le. It is too painful. I guess is might be a bacteria infection of the nipple. Poor breast..
Wah I not sure if I lose so much weight and I eat like a horse now. Always hungry...

Let me know if the silicon massager works.

Me too. Gets hungry very easily. I drink milo or cereal in between meals to curb my hunger. Since fluids boost supply & I'm scared of overeating.

Hello mummies,

I'm 15 postpartum today... Was having lighter discharge since day 12 pp...but i experienced gushes of lochia yesterday including a big blood clot...not sure if this was the reason why my bm supply went low... :(

How much should bb drink? She's taking BM 80ml/2hrs. Is it too much? 12 days old now.

My LO was taking in 90ml per 2-3 hours on Day 12 too. However, I've noticed that he vomits the "excess" milk and have reduced his milk intake to 70ml per feed. So far so good. You may want to monitor. Pictures/charts only serve as a guide.

You can try compression while pumping it will help to reduce the pain. After pump remember to put nipple cream.

Hello mummies,

I'm 15 postpartum today... Was having lighter discharge since day 12 pp...but i experienced gushes of lochia yesterday including a big blood clot...not sure if this was the reason why my bm supply went low... :(

Did u do any post natal massage? Mine had 2 clots when i tot the lochia was abt to end. Now i ard day 22, the flow on n off come back esp if i put on corset or girdle..
My bm supply also went low suddenly ard day 15 till to date... But i jus maintain my diet hopefully just a phrase n hopes my supply returns. :(

Juz back from lactation consultation. Say mine was due to prolong pumping but I oni pump 15mins/3hr!
Anyway, I show the LC my pump and the silicon massager. She say dun use the silicon massager, will decrease the output. Is ok to suck in the areola, dun use too high suction wor. Tell me to break down 15mins into 3 cycles to pump.

Did u do any post natal massage? Mine had 2 clots when i tot the lochia was abt to end. Now i ard day 22, the flow on n off come back esp if i put on corset or girdle..
My bm supply also went low suddenly ard day 15 till to date... But i jus maintain my diet hopefully just a phrase n hopes my supply returns. :(

My lochia cleared only after 46days. Brown spots on the last 20days or so. Sometimes alot sometimes just dots. When I thot its cleared, the next time I go toilet and check, and it's back. So I just dont bother much abt it. Just kinda ended last week.

BM supply for me still alot. Much more if I cld say. Freezer almost full till I have to clear some of my MIL stuffs in there.

Eat more spinach and drink lots.

Last night, the lil girl tried to play punk and slept at almost 4am and dont want to be put down. I had to sleep seated. When I put her down, she'll be wide awake, so I gave up and let her sleep on my chest. Woke up with a throbbing head. Hope to it'll be better tonight!

My baby gal's Jaundice getting worse, 260 already. PD told me to stop breastfeeding for 3days. Only feed with formula milk. :(

Does breastfeeding cause jaundice?

Hi @furbee,

My 7-day post natal massage ended today. My supply seems still low...quite anal to give fm but hub told me to give at least an oz... He said he very heartpain to see me latching non-stop for the past many hrs and yet baby is not satisfied. Hope my supply will come back soon... I nv had any bf issues with my #1 at all... Sigh...

Let's jia you!!

My lochia cleared only after 46days. Brown spots on the last 20days or so. Sometimes alot sometimes just dots. When I thot its cleared, the next time I go toilet and check, and it's back. So I just dont bother much abt it. Just kinda ended last week.

BM supply for me still alot. Much more if I cld say. Freezer almost full till I have to clear some of my MIL stuffs in there.

Eat more spinach and drink lots.
Nazriah what kind of spinach u eat? That red spinach? Baby spinach or chinese spinach? My milk supply oso seems like decreasing even I have drink fenugreek and other medicine from gynae for milk booster. Think gonna stop bf soon. Sobs

Hi, this is my 3rd week home. I had v minimal pain from 2nd week onwards and I have to remind myself to be careful and not touch the wound. Will be starting my massage this week!
Wah u start post natal massage so early. My gynae just opened up my wound but he said not to do massage around that area first. Today is day 19 from delivery oredy. Doc said wait until 1 month. I havent call my massage lady yet.

Back