(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I have my gynae appt tml.. keep my finger crossed since until today my belly is still quite high. However I started to feel bloated and heavy. Week37 now..

jia you to all May mommies! :)

Vinka...all e best!:)
My baby is 4.2kg at 38 weeks...my schedule is a day after urs!:))
Woow... 4.2kg at 38weeks!
Mine is 3.4kg at 37 weeks, I'm petite....so I'm v worried.
Anyone has advice or tips to smooth delivery? 39weeks now.
I kept walking a lot and climbing stairs, is it enough? Wat else can I do?

Wah you still can climb stairs. I waited in a q today for abt ten min, almost killed my back :( I guess just be as active as you can, go for leisure walks.

Oh, some say drink a bottle of chicken essence before gog for delivery, gives you energy for the pushing later on!

Wk 38 today. My grumpy index is soaring as I can no longer find comfortable positions to sleep. I glare at smokers who light up in front of me. My weight gain is suddenly accelerating. The weather is horrid.

Ok end of rant lol.

My sil was previously with Dr Claudine tan. She told her to do squats at home coz since 37 and 38 weeks no signs of labour at all.

Like squat down and stand up 20x per day, best if u have your husband supporting u also ensure u don't topple over ok.
She did it for a week and gave birth at 39 weeks. Can try?

I have my gynae appt tml.. keep my finger crossed since until today my belly is still quite high. However I started to feel bloated and heavy. Week37 now..

jia you to all May mommies! :)

Actually I also feel my belly still high, haven't drop yet. Coz when I eat I still get heartburn. If it drop Liao I shouldn't be getting heartburn right?

I am feeling so heavy everyday....feet still swelling when I sit too long. I cannot wait to start my leave. Going to see gynae this sat at week 38. Pretty curious abt the weight of baby. I've always tot I will have a small baby since me and hubby side are both born small when we are babies. :p

Actually I also feel my belly still high, haven't drop yet. Coz when I eat I still get heartburn. If it drop Liao I shouldn't be getting heartburn right?

I am feeling so heavy everyday....feet still swelling when I sit too long. I cannot wait to start my leave. Going to see gynae this sat at week 38. Pretty curious abt the weight of baby. I've always tot I will have a small baby since me and hubby side are both born small when we are babies. :p
Me too being getting heartburn so frequently everyday. Think I'm overdose with gaviscon. Gets really bad especially at night and when I woke up. Read somewhere that heartburn would get worse when Bb is descending to get engaged.

@cynn04, tummy is heavy...so v exhausted and breathless after all the walks.
Thanks for advice, will remember to boost energy with chicken essence.

@happycsk, squat down and stand up is kind of difficult. Once ... I squad down to pickup things from floor, and stand, I have to rest for a mins or so...before my next move. So hard with it carrying the tummy..

Me too being getting heartburn so frequently everyday. Think I'm overdose with gaviscon. Gets really bad especially at night and when I woke up. Read somewhere that heartburn would get worse when Bb is descending to get engaged.

For me, I keep complaining heartburn to my gynea starting week 32... then she asked me...."what do you do after your dinner" I told her of course watch TV on the bed mah....normal routine.
She then advice me to walk walk instead of sit/lie down immediately...to prevent heartburn. I tried to follow...it is better...but i didnt do for long...i still watch TV on bed... hahaa....

For me, I keep complaining heartburn to my gynea starting week 32... then she asked me...."what do you do after your dinner" I told her of course watch TV on the bed mah....normal routine.
She then advice me to walk walk instead of sit/lie down immediately...to prevent heartburn. I tried to follow...it is better...but i didnt do for long...i still watch TV on bed... hahaa....
LOL. Me too

Mummies who requested to join the May mummies FB group can now only do so if you PM me your email address to be added in as it is a secret group.

I will need your name, email address and edd before approving you into the group for added security and safety for mummies and babies.

Please check your email again later for the email confirmation to be added into the FB group.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
I have been a silent reader of this thread.

Felt water leaking at ~0230 this morning. Reported to the hospital and was 1cm dilated at 0500.

All this is coming too quickly. EDD 23May.

Allright.. u just came back from appt ytd.. bb weight 2.6kg at week37+5d. he hopes i will deliver naturally next week.. now no sign yet other than my tummy tightening at night. scan shows my bb head not yet engaged too. if next week no sign still, my gynae suggest me to be induced. Its all bcoz my gestational diabetes where they dun want me to wait until full term. A good thing bb weight is still at normal range.. not at high side..

Anyone facing similar issue as me?

Allright.. u just came back from appt ytd.. bb weight 2.6kg at week37+5d. he hopes i will deliver naturally next week.. now no sign yet other than my tummy tightening at night. scan shows my bb head not yet engaged too. if next week no sign still, my gynae suggest me to be induced. Its all bcoz my gestational diabetes where they dun want me to wait until full term. A good thing bb weight is still at normal range.. not at high side..

I have GD too for both my pregnancies but my Gynae still let both babies stay inside me till they came out naturally ard 39+ wks... Although for #2 he did say he will induce me ard 1-2 days before my Edd in case baby gets too big. But baby decided to come out before then. Hehe

Hi mummies, my waterbag burst at week 36 yeaterday (3am). Warm gush rushed out at intervals. Went to gleneagles and contractions became unbearable at 9-11am. Epidural came at 11 and baby was out at 230pm. Had a scare myself. Baby came out 3 days before my bday!

Mummies who requested to join please check your email inboxes for a FB confirmation in order to be confirmed into the May group, thanks

I have GD too for both my pregnancies but my Gynae still let both babies stay inside me till they came out naturally ard 39+ wks... Although for #2 he did say he will induce me ard 1-2 days before my Edd in case baby gets too big. But baby decided to come out before then. Hehe

Was ur glucose reading stable? Mine ranging and can be as high as 7.x-8.x 2hrs post dinner.. I hope my bb will want to come out naturally without induced..

My baby is 6 weeks now, she has the same issue, first week she got jaundice reading at 19 and stayed in hospital for 2 days. After that, I have to feed her half bm half formula milk and sunbath every morning&afternoon, but jaundice is fading very slow even so, now her face still a little bit yellow, as well as the eyes. Dr said if the eyes still yellow at 9 wks then will test the liver. Poor baby... :(
Hope all is well .. Stay strong . Take care .

Was ur glucose reading stable? Mine ranging and can be as high as 7.x-8.x 2hrs post dinner.. I hope my bb will want to come out naturally without induced..

Wish u a smooth and speedy delivery . Good luck . 加油.
Don't worry too much .. Do things that is within ur control ; those that are not ... Just go with the flow . Most importantly u & bb are safe and well .
Cheers

Hi mummies, my waterbag burst at week 36 yeaterday (3am). Warm gush rushed out at intervals. Went to gleneagles and contractions became unbearable at 9-11am. Epidural came at 11 and baby was out at 230pm. Had a scare myself. Baby came out 3 days before my bday!

Congrats with the smooth delivery! Baby cannot wait to arrive for mummy bday! Lol

Me too, now w37, nx Thur w38. Bb weight is OK too, at w34 was 2.3kg, I tink now shld b around 2.6. Last appt at w37 on Thur Bb head down but not yet engaged. But these few days few he is descending n pelvic aching. Terrible heartburn n fatigue. V frequent BH especially at night. I also have gdm, initially supposed to be induced at w37 but now gynae said OK can just let him wait n come out as and when he like. How's ur glucose readings? Did ur gynae mention y must induce?

3-4cm dilated and doctor suggest to admit now. Suddenly came so fast,like not prepared. Omg!

Congrats Ladies , Ur almost there ... Have a safe and speedy delivery . ! Don't focus on the pain .. Focus on see ur little darling soon . 加油

I only did a 2 days home tests. I passed with everything tests under 7 so dr ask me no need to monitor anymore and only control diet. So I don't know my subsequent blood sugar level.

My 9days old baby boy. Delivered by c sect on 1 May. Been so long since i last checked in here.. so happy to see that most had given birth or going to give birth soon! :)

Attachments

• 1431148731888.jpg
    1431148731888.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 211

@isenggirl , your gynae allow you to let bb come out naturally ? I was told that if have GD not advise to wait over 38weeks as the placenta may aging faster if got GD and will cause risk to baby life.

Me too, now w37, nx Thur w38. Bb weight is OK too, at w34 was 2.3kg, I tink now shld b around 2.6. Last appt at w37 on Thur Bb head down but not yet engaged. But these few days few he is descending n pelvic aching. Terrible heartburn n fatigue. V frequent BH especially at night. I also have gdm, initially supposed to be induced at w37 but now gynae said OK can just let him wait n come out as and when he like. How's ur glucose readings? Did ur gynae mention y must induce?

Same situation as urs.. bb weight ok so i can wait abit more.. my reading can be below 6.6, til as high as 8.1. my normal average is 7.1-7.5.. what about urs?

@isenggirl , your gynae allow you to let bb come out naturally ? I was told that if have GD not advise to wait over 38weeks as the placenta may aging faster if got GD and will cause risk to baby life.
i asked my gynae about my placenta, he doesnt seems to be worried at all, strangely. He only said that aging happens only after week40. Err..

So have u delivered yet?

I only did a 2 days home tests. I passed with everything tests under 7 so dr ask me no need to monitor anymore and only control diet. So I don't know my subsequent blood sugar level.

Icic.. i am doing like almost daily post food so i will know what food i can eat.. seems i am very prone to fail leh.. eat anyhow abit already above 7..
Used 100+ strips for the past 3 mths. Haha..

My colleague recommend her PD for my delivery, I remembered Gynae also asked before. What is the procedue? Just pass the name of the PD to Gynae will do? I also don't know if that PD is avaiale or on vacation or not during my delivery. Or do I need to make appointment seperatly with that PD? A bit confused here.

Hi mummies, just delivered my baby 1 week ago. baby too comfy inside, so gynae suggest to induce at 41 weeks. I try to deliver normal, after endure 6 hours of labour pain without epidural and 7 cm dilated, baby distress. So went to emergency c-sect. Just recovering at home, think very emotional once back from hospital. Baby also got jaundice, like to sleep all the day. But if start breastfeed, seems like never ending one. Can continuously breastfeed for more than 2 hours.

Same situation as urs.. bb weight ok so i can wait abit more.. my reading can be below 6.6, til as high as 8.1. my normal average is 7.1-7.5.. what about urs?
My readings usually between 4.7~6.4 if I prepare my own meals. Certain hawker food caused it to spike at around 6.8~7.5 on three occasions n I stopped experimenting.

Hi mummies, just delivered my baby 1 week ago. baby too comfy inside, so gynae suggest to induce at 41 weeks. I try to deliver normal, after endure 6 hours of labour pain without epidural and 7 cm dilated, baby distress. So went to emergency c-sect. Just recovering at home, think very emotional once back from hospital. Baby also got jaundice, like to sleep all the day. But if start breastfeed, seems like never ending one. Can continuously breastfeed for more than 2 hours.
Is bb REALLY feeding .. Or just hanging on ur titties and sleeping.?? If bb sleeps more than sucking /drinking. Take bb OFF UR BREAST .wake bb up .. Loosen their wraps , tickle bbs hands /arm/ or used a damp towel on bbs face . Make sure bbs really awake , offer breast again Bb should start to suck if hungry. If not put bb down , u go and have a nap until the next feeding timing . You must eat / drink and rest enough for u to provide for ur bb . Good luck !!

Back