Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

@Best Fertility Friend don't worry it feels like tht initially. I kept to myself in first tri too mainly Curz I was in & out of hospital. But family & close friends helped to alleviate the sadness. I still felt lonely because I couldn't openly ask about a lot of pregnancy matters as my family said tht ivf is different so they dunno how to explain to me.
But once u hit second tri, ur body is almost similar to natural pregnancies & u can relax a bit more so tht helps.
For me, my organization is huge with 100 over principals. So the last few meetings a lot of them saw the bump & started asking & talking. Can't hide liao, especially if working. Even in my centre, many parents asked me if I'm preggy when i was still in first tri. I just said yes Curz I was walking slowly & bump could see slightly.

The amazing part was when the children went around announcing to everyone tht im pregnant & they tried to guess the gender! Hahaha... Such cute 6 year olds (the majority are girls so they insisted im having a girl!!)

Thank you for empathizing and instilling hope. I am looking forward so badly to cross the first milestone.

Dear ladies, does anyone know if its alright to take yoghurt in 1st Tri? I have been staying away from cold stuff but since having difficulty digesting milk, thought yoghurt might be an alternative?

Dear ladies, does anyone know if its alright to take yoghurt in 1st Tri? I have been staying away from cold stuff but since having difficulty digesting milk, thought yoghurt might be an alternative?

I am taking it ~only Greek yoghurt on an adhoc basis to prevent yeast infection. Sometime will add with fruits like dragon fruits, strawberries and kiwi etc.

I've this very sharp prolonged pain on the right for past one week. Gynae couldn't really pinpoint the exact cause till now after 3 visits. I'm surviving on Panadol now.

Any mommies here experienced fibroid degeneration or round ligament pain during pregnancy before? Cos these 2 seem to be most suspicious.

Gal, how are you feeling now? Still on panadol intake?

Anyone with kkh dr steven teo? He's moving to thomson medical centre in July. .. We r thinking if we should jump ship as well....
I'm 9 weeks only and it's my first pregnancy. ..

Just like what most ladies mentioned, if you are comfortable with Dr Teo, you may just stick with him.

i din wanted as little people 2know as possible.. 2è extend i din go out w/friens aft 4m+.. clgs till 5m then know coz 2obvious..

i din wanted as little people 2know as possible.. 2è extend i din go out w/friens aft 4m+.. clgs till 5m then know coz 2obvious..

So your friends still kept in contact? Mine seems lesser and lesser... Haha the moment I decided on my ART journey...

I've this very sharp prolonged pain on the right for past one week. Gynae couldn't really pinpoint the exact cause till now after 3 visits. I'm surviving on Panadol now.

Any mommies here experienced fibroid degeneration or round ligament pain during pregnancy before? Cos these 2 seem to be most suspicious.
I think it may be round ligament pain, esp if the pain lessens when u don't move so much.

I ate some yogurt but it really depends on ur body... Cos the MS made my body reject the yogurt haha..
Other alternatives are cheese, tofu, calcium pills..

I think it may be round ligament pain, esp if the pain lessens when u don't move so much..
I hope so too.. But the sharp pain is constant prolonged pain which gynae says is possible but very rare for round ligament pain. I'm just glad that appendicitis is ruled out.

@hi_mei, how are you so far? Can start counting down?
Ya very soon already... In abt 2 weeks I will be full term. My colleagues starting to worry tt I suddenly need to give birth @ work lolol.
Great to hear u passed first tri!! Impt milestone unlocked! Now 2nd tri can enjoy qt a bit and start to look out for baby stuff.

Btw I also feel my friends lesser. I didn't announce my pregnancy so some found out v late, like 8 months. Dunno whether they feel hurt or what but I really wasn't comfy with telling ppl until baby is born. Some still don't know. Guess we just make new friends lor.
Also with ART journey it is v hard for them to understand, so sometimes it could be we may have tried to avoid saying too much to them. Some of my friends also still trying for baby or waiting to marry... When they see me with a baby also I dunno whether they feel good or not. Haiz. Mb thinking too much.

I hope so too.. But the sharp pain is constant prolonged pain which gynae says is possible but very rare for round ligament pain. I'm just glad that appendicitis is ruled out.
One of my friends also had this problem. V v painful for a week... But suvsequently lessened and disappeared. But rem she was in pain for qt long. Gynae also didnt know why and just told her prob is round ligament pain.

One of my friends also had this problem. V v painful for a week... But suvsequently lessened and disappeared. But rem she was in pain for qt long. Gynae also didnt know why and just told her prob is round ligament pain.
Thks for sharing. Hopefully I'd be as lucky as your friend who turned out fine.

Ya very soon already... In abt 2 weeks I will be full term. My colleagues starting to worry tt I suddenly need to give birth @ work lolol.
Great to hear u passed first tri!! Impt milestone unlocked! Now 2nd tri can enjoy qt a bit and start to look out for baby stuff.

Btw I also feel my friends lesser. I didn't announce my pregnancy so some found out v late, like 8 months. Dunno whether they feel hurt or what but I really wasn't comfy with telling ppl until baby is born. Some still don't know. Guess we just make new friends lor.
Also with ART journey it is v hard for them to understand, so sometimes it could be we may have tried to avoid saying too much to them. Some of my friends also still trying for baby or waiting to marry... When they see me with a baby also I dunno whether they feel good or not. Haiz. Mb thinking too much.

Is ok hi_mei, I didn keep in touch wif my friends at all also. So some of them very surprise that I'm preg but they do know that I'm trying for the ivf. They know that after 2 abort cycles n I even got the attempt to adopt children. So they can understand why I keep quiet. After bb come out told them wait till bb is out safely than is confirm

Thks for sharing. Hopefully I'd be as lucky as your friend who turned out fine.
Yes hope so. In the meantime, panadol is supposed to be pregnancy safe, if u are worried can always check with gynae... Rest well ya? R u on medical leave?

Is ok hi_mei, I didn keep in touch wif my friends at all also. So some of them very surprise that I'm preg but they do know that I'm trying for the ivf. They know that after 2 abort cycles n I even got the attempt to adopt children. So they can understand why I keep quiet. After bb come out told them wait till bb is out safely than is confirm
Thanks for sharing! How is ur prince now? Must be exploring the whole house these days!
R u thinking of trying for no 2? I may have to decide quickly cos every cycle is the nearly have to abort kind... Think it will take a few cycles before I can conceive no 2...

wow.. just 2 weeks... congrats... take good care of yourself okay... don mind asking.. you prepare to rest for how long before trying for #2? come in and visit us here when you have the time ... :)

Yes hope so. In the meantime, panadol is supposed to be pregnancy safe, if u are worried can always check with gynae... Rest well ya? R u on medical leave?...
Yes I'm already on max dosage Panadol (8per day)..
Nuh a&e seems very miser in giving mc. Always give 2 days each time & makes me have to go back so often.

Yes hope so. In the meantime, panadol is supposed to be pregnancy safe, if u are worried can always check with gynae... Rest well ya? R u on medical leave?

Thanks for sharing! How is ur prince now? Must be exploring the whole house these days!
R u thinking of trying for no 2? I may have to decide quickly cos every cycle is the nearly have to abort kind... Think it will take a few cycles before I can conceive no 2...

Yes he's crawling n haven even stable yet want to try to learn how to walk liao. I'm trying now actually. My next appointment with doc tan is in August so by then see what he say

Yes he's crawling n haven even stable yet want to try to learn how to walk liao. I'm trying now actually. My next appointment with doc tan is in August so by then see what he say
Wah ur boy like mrt, try to learn two things at the same time lol!
Ok! Hope u can start soon then. Is it difficult to make the first appt w Dr Tan?

wow.. just 2 weeks... congrats... take good care of yourself okay... don mind asking.. you prepare to rest for how long before trying for #2? come in and visit us here when you have the time ... :)
Def will check in now and then. But i dunno how things will be like after birth!
Prob I rest for 6 mth before trying again. Unless C sect then I will rest longer. For me think cannot wait too long cos of my bad response to the stim drugs... Can only get worse with time. Unless some miracle happens that pregnancy changed by ovaries haha!! U intending to try no 2?

Wah ur boy like mrt, try to learn two things at the same time lol!
Ok! Hope u can start soon then. Is it difficult to make the first appt w Dr Tan?

After u delivered U will have appointment wif doc tan to have Pap smear then after that will be a 1 yr appointment again to have Pap smear done again
Hi_mei mine is emergency csect n doc tan say can try natural conceive first which we've been doing that lol

If right side could it be urine infection? Because I had prolonged & consistent pain from a Saturday night all the way till Monday & pain didn't go away no matter what I did. Doctor thought round ligament pain but ruled it out based on symptoms & den said might be appendicitis also!
After scanning he had me do urine test & ended up was a urine infection :eek:
Maybe suggest to do urine test?

Kids are really so cute and sweet! Do they come up to u and say they want to rub ur belly?

Haha no! Most are scared to touch my tummy! Maybe Curz im firm? But my teachers make the younger ones from Toddler & PG to come & touch my belly. These ones get scared & run away. Haha!!!

If right side could it be urine infection? Because I had prolonged & consistent pain from a Saturday night all the way till Monday & pain didn't go away no matter what I did. Doctor thought round ligament pain but ruled it out based on symptoms & den said might be appendicitis also!
After scanning he had me do urine test & ended up was a urine infection :eek:
Maybe suggest to do urine test?
Did both blood & urine tests.. Everything normal so really dunno what's wrong :(

After u delivered U will have appointment wif doc tan to have Pap smear then after that will be a 1 yr appointment again to have Pap smear done again
Hi_mei mine is emergency csect n doc tan say can try natural conceive first which we've been doing that lol

Snow19, after birth... How long does it takes for our menses to arrive or becoming regular? Immediately after birth? Just curious to know.

Jiayou in your TTC.

Snow19, after birth... How long does it takes for our menses to arrive or becoming regular? Immediately after birth? Just curious to know.

Jiayou in your TTC.

Eh if u are total breastfeeding aka tbf ur menses won't return so soon some up to a yr or so nv return because of tbf. For my case I stop bf at 6 mths so my menses return around 1-2 mths later. Have gone through 2 cycles now still waiting for my menses to come.

Def will check in now and then. But i dunno how things will be like after birth!
Prob I rest for 6 mth before trying again. Unless C sect then I will rest longer. For me think cannot wait too long cos of my bad response to the stim drugs... Can only get worse with time. Unless some miracle happens that pregnancy changed by ovaries haha!! U intending to try no 2?

Yup intending to go for no.2 as well... Hubby likes to have 3 kids but may have to rethink due to our age and body condition...I got low AMH. If got no.3, then will be a bonus.
Meanwhile for this pregnancy, he is more kan Cheong than me. Haha. His precious one.

So we should see how lah.

Eh if u are total breastfeeding aka tbf ur menses won't return so soon some up to a yr or so nv return because of tbf. For my case I stop bf at 6 mths so my menses return around 1-2 mths later. Have gone through 2 cycles now still waiting for my menses to come.

I see. Thanks for sharing your experiences :) so I can assume c-section would be the same lo. B

wah!! 2 wks time! after u n lambi, it shd be my turn o_O, either end may or early jun if full term.
all preparations are finished? which hospital r u giving birth at? natural or c-sect?
my bb not yet turn, so I worry might have to c-sect..

Yup intending to go for no.2 as well... Hubby likes to have 3 kids but may have to rethink due to our age and body condition...I got low AMH. If got no.3, then will be a bonus.
Meanwhile for this pregnancy, he is more kan Cheong than me. Haha. His precious one.

chubby, my first one haven't come out, hubby also already requesting 3 or more..
but took me 3 tries for this one. also hubby n I oredy so old... so I will be happy with just 2.

Ok! Gd luck for ur 2nd try! ;)

wow @hi_mei after u is me next in line! :eek: u try to take it easy these weeks k? Hv to try focusing on urself and bb already
Thanks! Actually my actual EDD is early Jun but I heard bb can come anytime from 37weeks so 37 weeks is considered full term. Unless I understand wrongly! How is ur prep? Ur house finished packing alr? My stuffs all in a mess oh man...

Guess such things also cannot be controlled. U will have to go 2nd try sooner than later... My hubby also wants more kids but dunno if we can be blessed w more. Plus all my govt subsidy used up so every try is v ex now... For now, just enjoy ur pregnancy and the joys of ur first born. Very soon u will be feeling the kicks :) abt 18-20 weeks like tt.

wah!! 2 wks time! after u n lambi, it shd be my turn o_O, either end may or early jun if full term.
all preparations are finished? which hospital r u giving birth at? natural or c-sect?
my bb not yet turn, so I worry might have to c-sect..
No lor my prep very terrible haha. If I suddenly go into labour sure cham liao. Everything not prepared properly. How r u feeling? Heavier right? I am with KKH. Actually the doctor nv tell me head down or what so I dunno lei. Will natural if can. Think as long as before 38 weeks bb still has chance to turn. If not u can check w ur gynae if he has the ability to manually turn the baby. Some gynaes can do that, usu the more experienced ones.

I will due on next 2 wks too! Hope all of us have a smooth delivery.
Jiayou... Enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. Will really miss it. I will miss the special bond w my baby. It's like only u and baby knows what is gg on all the time.

So your friends still kept in contact? Mine seems lesser and lesser... Haha the moment I decided on my ART journey...
So far, I only wat's app friends and kept in contact this way since ART begins. Friends like to talk about their job switch with me, so I go along with that. When they ask about my health, I will just say TTC. But when they start to want to meet up, I will be less responsive.

Back