(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@MTB-2015 hope you are fine! All the best for you and the baby!

On a side note, my stretchmarks have started appearing and super itchy despite daily oils application after bath.
I think belly has recently started to expand too fast and the skin cannot cope with the speed esp during this last month of pregnancy.
Clarins oil was great but exp. I then switch to cocoa butter skin therapy oil and it's so runny, I think not moisturising enough. Going to switch back to Clarins now. :(

I use clarins since start pregnancy morning and night until now but it doesn't help!! All my tummy full of stretch mark now.

I use clarins since start pregnancy morning and night until now but it doesn't help!! All my tummy full of stretch mark now.

Oh no. Sian....But I can't stand the itch when the mark is forming. Really dry and itchy until now the marks are turning purple since a week ago it started.

So dry that I finally applied nipple cream lanolin on it today and then the itch stopped for now. Not sure what to do at this point since oils also don't work Liao.....

Happycsk,

You can try to apply baby oil..it's help for me. My stretch mark start last month but now getting worse :(

Im also using Elancyl too, so far so good. But sometimes boils down to genes, one fren used the Clarins oil all the way generously but unfortunately still ended up with lots of stretchmarks.

Im also using Elancyl too, so far so good. But sometimes boils down to genes, one fren used the Clarins oil all the way generously but unfortunately still ended up with lots of stretchmarks.

Agree with you. My cousin didn't have stretch marks for all her 3 pregnancies and she didn't apply any cream. Her mother also didn't have them.

Think stretch marks cream is more for moisturising skin that is stretched and hence dry and itchy.

I wonder how's mommymich. Hope she's doing fine.

Thanks for asking :)
I just got discharged on monday, again.. 4th admission liao.

Cervix thinning. Still 2.5cm dilated.
Water level dropped. At week 34 was 6.4
Then at week 35 day 5 was 5.5
They say i might be leaking.

Im so tired of this in and out of the hospital saga :(
They will induce me next week if water level decrease or.maybe stop moving.

Baby supposed to move 5 times in 12 hrs. But he doesnt leh
And i so tired of gg in again

take care ok? will keep u in prayers

@mommymich jiayou! Hope u have ur healthy baby in ur arms soon as we are nearing the end of the race. :)

Regarding stretch marks....think my mom and sis both had them. No chance for me to run away...I will likely have it and now it has come for me...haha. I just have to buy oil and creams to apply and make them better loh

I'm 36weeks, 4 days. BB head has turned downwards but not engaged yet.
Experiencing Braxton Hicks recently...and lotsa pelvic pains! :(

Visited my gynae on Mon and she mentioned that my placenta has started to aged, which means most likely I wouldn't be hitting my EDD 17 May...
Am I going to due soon? >_<

Visited my gynae on Mon and she mentioned that my placenta has started to aged, which means most likely I wouldn't be hitting my EDD 17 May...
How does the gynae determine the placenta has started to age? did she share?

What did ur gynae tell u

When ur gynae does u/s for u they chk for low amniotic fluid lvls and look out for spots etc on the placenta that will point towards aging placenta
oh u mean on the scan u can see if there is spots? I only know he check for the amniotic fluid if it is above 5 then is all good

oh u mean on the scan u can see if there is spots? I only know he check for the amniotic fluid if it is above 5 then is all good

I dun even know if my gynae check amniotic fluid. Hmm.. and they nv mentioned anything at all.

Speaking of clarins oil.. i m using it regularly.. wk35 now and nv see stretch mark yet. My gynae also said it depends on genes. my mom stretch mark is white color, so mine might not be that bad too. i m still religiously applying though.

side topic.. anyone doing regular pelvix exercise?

This morning my bb moving nonstop for at least 15mins. Not sure what bb is doing inside there. Is it normal? I keep seeing ny tummy ups and down, left and right..etc.. anyone encounter the same?

I dun even know if my gynae check amniotic fluid. Hmm.. and they nv mentioned anything at all.

Speaking of clarins oil.. i m using it regularly.. wk35 now and nv see stretch mark yet. My gynae also said it depends on genes. my mom stretch mark is white color, so mine might not be that bad too. i m still religiously applying though.

This morning my bb moving nonstop for at least 15mins. Not sure what bb is doing inside there. Is it normal? I keep seeing ny tummy ups and down, left and right..etc.. anyone encounter the same?

Gynae shld be checking all these things during the scan bah, even tho they nvr mention. Nvr mention usually means all is good.

Baby movements are good, dun worry. Its when not much movements then gotta take note.

Gynae shld be checking all these things during the scan bah, even tho they nvr mention. Nvr mention usually means all is good.

Baby movements are good, dun worry. Its when not much movements then gotta take note.

But honestly my tummy is really small.. ppl ask me if i am 5-6mths only.. sweat..

I visited gynae today and my sugar level suddenly so high...Dr asked me to control diet and no sweet stuffs. Back go see him again next 2 wks.
Anyone have same case with me? Near due date but blood sugar high?

I visited gynae today and my sugar level suddenly so high...Dr asked me to control diet and no sweet stuffs. Back go see him again next 2 wks.
Anyone have same case with me? Near due date but blood sugar high?

How high? U diagnosed GDM earlier? My gynae said closer to due date its normal to be higher.. still must control diet..

ImageUploadedByForum1429718442.387508.jpg

For baby weight reference

What did ur gynae tell u

She told me that it may last through slightly pass Labour Day...so anytime in 1st week of May...BB will be out bah.

The way she described is from far it looked like a broccoli, when looked closer...there are lines and spots...which means it starts to age. Gonna reach it's "expiry date".

And also...there seems like a growth spur recently...33wks 2.1kg...35wks 2.9kg...36wks 3.1kg. :eek:

Nx weekly appt is set on upcoming Mon...see how it goes bah. Anyway...she gave me the admission letter liao to bring wherever I go...

My baby was 3.1kg at 36 weeks and gynae told me to control my diet especially on sugary stuffs cause I cannot resist ice cream at all! :)
At the same time, gyne will be seeing me again next Monday to do a swap test to see got infection!

With this, not sure whether I can tahan till 15 May 2015 which is my EDD! I hope it can work! :)

Just wondering if baby is too fat, should I opt for C section cause the earlier scan baby was transverse and confirm have to do C section but baby is so cooperative that it turns the head down last scan! So happy but baby abit fat! :)

My baby was 3.1kg at 36 weeks and gynae told me to control my diet especially on sugary stuffs cause I cannot resist ice cream at all! :)
At the same time, gyne will be seeing me again next Monday to do a swap test to see got infection!

With this, not sure whether I can tahan till 15 May 2015 which is my EDD! I hope it can work! :)

Just wondering if baby is too fat, should I opt for C section cause the earlier scan baby was transverse and confirm have to do C section but baby is so cooperative that it turns the head down last scan! So happy but baby abit fat! :)

Ahh! Same as me! Our EDD is so closed! I was also told to watch my diet...coz i requested to natural birth.

Quote from my gynae "if you don't want me to cut you, you have to cut your diet." Hehehe!

Even tho small baby, as long as everything developed well is fine! My gal oso born small, but fatten up after quickly after birth. Till now her weight is always hovering ard 75 percentile lolol.

@isenggirl: I only do pelvic exercise once in a while. Getting worried cos sometimes my urine will leak a bit when I cough or sneeze. Not sure if it will get worse after birth or old age.

My baby has also been moving more these 2 weeks. Once she ,over for almost half hour n it's so painful but interesting to see the movement on my tummy.

baby chubby a bit very cute!! just control your sweets in the diet...i think 3.1kg is just estimation, actual weight still 2.8kg like that. jiayou!!

I am at 39++ weeks, baby weight estimation around 3.1 kg. Not much weight gain during the last 2 weeks. Dunno how long I have to wait, but gynae said if not come out by next week, he suggested to induce me. Now talk with baby to come out soon .....otherwise gynae will poke you liao.... lols.:)

I am at 39++ weeks, baby weight estimation around 3.1 kg. Not much weight gain during the last 2 weeks. Dunno how long I have to wait, but gynae said if not come out by next week, he suggested to induce me. Now talk with baby to come out soon .....otherwise gynae will poke you liao.... lols.:)
yeah... i think talking to baby helps. I remember I told my #1 that mummy is ready and she can come out anytime she wants. then the next morning she came out liao... lolz

I saw gynae yesterday... gynae said my blood pressure climbing.. so gotta look out and monitor. So does that appear as nearer to EDD?

I saw gynae yesterday... gynae said my blood pressure climbing.. so gotta look out and monitor. So does that appear as nearer to EDD?
i am not sure but my cousin's wife is admitted to hospital due to sudden increase of BP at 38 wks and then she give birth after that. i also started to monitor my BP every now and then. but the reading from home and clinic is always different by 10 +-. so i also don know which one is accurate

i am not sure but my cousin's wife is admitted to hospital due to sudden increase of BP at 38 wks and then she give birth after that. i also started to monitor my BP every now and then. but the reading from home and clinic is always different by 10 +-. so i also don know which one is accurate
Oh ya.. my sis also admitted to give birth due to her high bp. But I think mine still within acceptable range. Think cos stomach too heavy.. so its kinda straining to carry the ball and keep at a cool BP level. LOL

Hi mummies..

Had a haemoglobin test during my appmt with gynae last tue..got a call frm gynae clinic today n was told my haemoglobin level abit low..meaning my iron levels are abit low..

Gynae didnt ask me to go to clinic immediately means it is not too bad right?

Coz now im worried..anyone else has low haemoglobin levels?

Hi mummies..

Had a haemoglobin test during my appmt with gynae last tue..got a call frm gynae clinic today n was told my haemoglobin level abit low..meaning my iron levels are abit low..

Me! I was admitted 2 weeks back for blood transfusion.

Hi mummies..

I did. ... just have to increase iron intake. Was prescribed iron pills from gynea. Maybe u can also eat iron rich food.

I was also given injection to increase the haemoglobin level. Mine was 9, then increase to 10 gradually. Normal rate is 12, if I am not mistaken.

I did. ... just have to increase iron intake. Was prescribed iron pills from gynea. Maybe u can also eat iron rich food.

I was also given injection to increase the haemoglobin level. Mine was 9, then increase to 10 gradually. Normal rate is 12, if I am not mistaken.

Yup, normal rate is between 12 to 14 or 16. Mine was 6.6.

Yup, normal rate is between 12 to 14 or 16. Mine was 6.6.

my gynae told me to increase iron pill intake from 1 to 2. my level was 9.6 previously but she didnt asked me to monitor my iron level during the next visit so I'm not sure if im still anemic. eat more leafy veg such as spinach and beef. heard it helps. dont squat and bend down for long as u may get dizzy spells.

@Skivewalker , ytd i aso had diarrhea 3x, den night cramp n felt my pelvic area stuck for 10mins... I also worried will b labour. But i took lots of sweet stuff ytd which im not supposed to due to gestational diabetes..
So far tdy only cramp like n no more diarrhea.
How mani x u went washroom? Explosive kind ?

Hi mummies..

I having low iron since I preggie ....during the first tri blood test result was 8.8
I go buy the supplement call Iberat folic which ok for pregnancy. what is your iron level now ?
better start taking it from now , I think after post delivery need to take care too.... if u plan to breastfeed after delivery, the fenugreek is not suitable for us if we
got low iron. do take note for it.

Back