IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just as I was planning to buy the digital HPT today, my hopes were dashed...i saw red, feeling so disappointed. I'm at 13dpt, and it was exactly the same on my last cycle that AF came. It started with spotting and over the next tormenting 24 hours, the red grew more and more and when I went for the BT as the nurse drew blood I cried as in my heart I already knew it was going to be a BFN.

Feeling sad that is going to be the same this time, and having to go through today will be a torture to the mind. I have no one to share my feelings with except for my hubby and hopefully get can some support here.

This is my 3rd cycle FET, from the beginning I told myself not to have too high expectation because I've only 1 embie left. For all of us who has done all that we can to prepare ourselves as much as possible (Tcm, acupuncture, eating specific foods), it feels losss each time to us when we get AF comes before BT...or get BFN at BT...

My blood test is scheduled this Saturday. .However, out of anxiety, I did a pregnancy test just now. .Not first pee though. .But it's a clear definite negative. .I'm 8dpt..does that mean mine is likely a failed cycle??

My blood test is scheduled this Saturday. .However, out of anxiety, I did a pregnancy test just now. .Not first pee though. .But it's a clear definite negative. .I'm 8dpt..does that mean mine is likely a failed cycle??
8dpt might b abit too early to test...n heard first pee wl gv more accurate result as it has the highest hcg...urs is a fresh cycle or FET? Coz im now in 11dpt3dt n my bt is on nxt tue...i haven't test yet though...

Oh normal one means still hv high chance la...the normal one not so accurate, rite?
Clearblue is 99% accurate, detection limit for hcg is 50. Tdy is my 15dpo, by right can detect. Anyway, will test again few days later... Have to accept whatever outcome it is....

U when testing? I suggest u test on Sunday...

How many days past dpo? Like wat jas says, it may be too early. Have to be more than 14dpo then start to test. Also take note that urine test detection is still less sensitive compared to blood test as the hcg concentration in urine is diluted.

Hi ladies,
Gd am! my BT is tomolo but i had tested with clear blue digital using e 1st pee n is showing 2-3weeks.. (kan cheong) just wondering is it accurate..
It's accurate! Congrats Jas! Your HCG must be quite high already for it to show 2-3weeks!
My first test only showing 1-2weeks.... congrats!

Chubby, gd luck to ur bt :)

Thanks gal:) already got the results last week. BFP though... Got a shock cuz feel normal as usual prior BT hence din really take any HPT prior BT.

However, went to AnE in the middle of the last night as there are some red bleeding on my pad.. Got a support jab.. Another shock...

Really dun know many shocking days i will be going through !! Now bed rest and dun wan to think much ....zen ...

hi all,

Been a silent reader all this while trying to take in as much as i can before i myself embark on this journey. Here's a little bit of my history,
We got married in July 2009. I had ectopic pregancy in Nov 2009. Doc removed my right fallopian tube. Since then, we've been ttc but no luck so far.
Husband has low morphology & sperm count is low.
We will be going for IVF next mth. Now waiting for my menses to come. We'll be going Tokyo this Sat in the hope to relax our mind & body before the next leap of faith.
Unfortunately, my mum was just diagnose with Breast cancer stage 4; which has now spread to her bones.
I'm now not sure if i shd carry on with my IVF plan or to postpone it. I'm scared all these will be too overwhelming for my body. On another hand, i'm more pressurized to have a baby asap as she has no grandchildren yet & im the only married one. My 2 brothers are not married yet.
I'm now clueless. :(

Thanks gal:) already got the results last week. BFP though... Got a shock cuz feel normal as usual prior BT hence din really take any HPT prior BT.

However, went to AnE in the middle of the last night as there are some red bleeding on my pad.. Got a support jab.. Another shock...

Really dun know many shocking days i will be going through !! Now bed rest and dun wan to think much ....zen ...
Congrats chubby... I wish I can have a nice surprise too....

Did he improve after the supplements? Actually yes they fluctuate a lot

His count improved. So I guess when got more quantity, got slight higher chance of better quality sperm. But hub is always stress at work. Haii & stress also affect quantity & quality.

My hub also has low morpholgy and motility. Sadly over time the numbers have not improved much. I always wonder if it is that hard or impossible for it to improve to a normal level. Cos people always tell me it is easy to improve with supplements but I dun see it rising to a point good enough for normal conception.
Try TCM & acupuncture? I think my hub did improve after TCM & acupuncture. But we no longer do acupuncture, just herbs.

Congrats chubby... I wish I can have a nice surprise too....

Tsf, received your wishing in advance first. Cuz still not in a stable stage, I have to mentally prepare for the worst.. Take a day at a time... Reading from other threads, I know that you had BFP before, can understand your anxiety...I know is tough to tell you just try to stay calm and relax... Just try ok.

Congrat chubby!!! Wat is ur hcg level?

Juz bed rest...dun think too much!!! Take care!!!

Clearblue is 99% accurate, detection limit for hcg is 50. Tdy is my 15dpo, by right can detect. Anyway, will test again few days later... Have to accept whatever outcome it is....

U when testing? I suggest u test on Sunday...
I might test on sat or sun...

Hi.. I'm newbie here.. Will have my 1st IVF appointment at kkh in May. Can anyone share what's the procedure like on 1st day? Thank you.
Hi Ginny, which gynae are u visiting? For my 1st appointment with Dr THH, I showed him all my reports for him to have an understanding on my gynecological history. He advised on which other test to take and we discuss on IVF. I took a blood test on ovarian reserve on the 1st visit. Do remember to bring all your reports and good luck!

Oh dear. U take care n continue to jia you!
How long do u required to be bedrest?

I m 10dpt. Had spotting n then bleeding 2 days ago. Now on bedrest till blood test. So much uncertainties...
Good to hear that you are resting now . Indeed, too many uncertainties, just take one step at a time ya. Divert your focus on something else might help.

It's accurate! Congrats Jas! Your HCG must be quite high already for it to show 2-3weeks!
My first test only showing 1-2weeks.... congrats!
From e way my hubby calculated, ER on 9, ET on 14, till now is 18 days in total.. mayb that is why showing 2-3 weeks.. but really dun know.. will check with nurse tomolo when doing BT.

hi all,

Been a silent reader all this while trying to take in as much as i can before i myself embark on this journey. Here's a little bit of my history,
We got married in July 2009. I had ectopic pregancy in Nov 2009. Doc removed my right fallopian tube. Since then, we've been ttc but no luck so far.
We will be going for IVF next mth. Now waiting for my menses to come. We'll be going Tokyo this Sat in the hope to relax our mind & body before the next leap of faith.
Unfortunately, my mum was just diagnose with Breast cancer stage 4; which has now spread to her bones.
I'm now not sure if i shd carry on with my IVF plan or to postpone it. I'm scared all these will be too overwhelming for my body. On another hand, i'm more pressurized to have a baby asap as she has no grandchildren yet & im the only married one. My 2 brothers are not married yet.
Hugs babe. I also got married in 209 and up to no got no kids. Really tried very hard but no avail. I think u should continue to ttc despite your mum's situation. No point putting it off further. U can PM me if u wanna chat..

Hi Ginny, which gynae are u visiting? For my 1st appointment with Dr THH, I showed him all my reports for him to have an understanding on my gynecological history. He advised on which other test to take and we discuss on IVF. I took a blood test on ovarian reserve on the 1st visit. Do remember to bring all your reports and good luck!

I was seeing Dr Jerry Chan and he suggested us try IVF. So, he refer us to KKIVF centre. Our 1st appointment in May. Not too sure if we will be seeing any gynae on the 1st appointment or who will be my gynae.

Chubby1314,

Do rest well in bed & think positive. Things will be right for u ok.

Hope to get gd news fr u soon k!!

I was seeing Dr Jerry Chan and he suggested us try IVF. So, he refer us to KKIVF centre. Our 1st appointment in May. Not too sure if we will be seeing any gynae on the 1st appointment or who will be my gynae.
If u are going via poly referral, cannot choose dr because is subsidised rate. I dunno how it works if your pvte gynae referred, what rates u enjoy. If is pvte rate u can choose dr. Normally first appt just schedule u for tests. If u did tests before u just bring ur reports.

If u are going via poly referral, cannot choose dr because is subsidised rate. I dunno how it works if your pvte gynae referred, what rates u enjoy. If is pvte rate u can choose dr. Normally first appt just schedule u for tests. If u did tests before u just bring ur reports.

Hi Chloe,

Yea, under subsidized rate we can't choose gynae. And Dr Jerry is from kkh too.. Under subsidized rate as well.. I'm just lucky to have a consistent gynae seeing me for infertility issue. Kinda scare to go for IVF..

Hi Ladies,
I had failed my last attempt, and just saw Dr yesterday. He suggested I do blastocyst for my Frozen transfer. Anyone has experience or comment on blastocyst?
TIA.

Hugs babe. I also got married in 209 and up to no got no kids. Really tried very hard but no avail. I think u should continue to ttc despite your mum's situation. No point putting it off further. U can PM me if u wanna chat..
thank you lemon tart. thats nice of you.
ya i've decided to carry on ttc with a positive attitude. if my mum can fight her battle, i can too. anyways i am not getting any younger. if put it off further, the eggs will degrade eventually. :)

Did u test with hpt? Could it be implantation bleeding?
I didn't test as I thought it would be too early for HPT to detect. Is it possible implanation bleed happen this late? I thought it would be in the first week of transfer.

Feeling so loss now, I'll test HPT tomorrow morning.

hi all,

Dear aarlysa,

similar to you, had been a silent reader for several years here and got married in 2009. i have irregular menses cycle and bad migraine and cramps when it comes so a gynae at clementi (Dr Clement i think) in 2011 and without doing any tests on me, he diagnosed that I have PCOS. I was very upset upon hearing it and my hubby cheered me up saying that its ok if we do not have kids. Life became pretty bleak for me as it was just work and home, do not seem to have anything to look forward to. Everytime my menses is delayed (which is very common), I would hope to get symptoms of morning sickness. I tried taking my temperature and downloading apps on my phone to make sure we make it happen on the recommended dates but for 1 to 2 years, nothing :(

At work, at the beginning of each work year, he will include a budget of 4 man months for my maternity leave hoping that I would utilise it. But well, no luck! Every CNY, it will be the usual 'when are you having kids?' from my relatives. Sigh, i hope they understand what i'm going through. It isnt that I do not want.. but maybe timing not right.

Just when I was about to give up, a colleague of mine suggested trying out 'ba zhen'. Its something which I had not drank before in my entire life, the soup looked murky and dark but for the sake of a baby, I must eat it! During then, a short trip to Taipei followed as it was my hubby's birthday. I guess the tuning of the body and relaxed mind helped.. discovered that i was preggie in a GP as I thought I had stomach flu. My little one is 6 months old now.

Apologies for the lengthy background but its better to start asap. Go for the IVF and try to keep your mind relaxed as much as you can :) As you've shared, your brothers are not married, they could play a greater role in caring for your mom while you fulfil your mum's wish of being a grandmom.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

I didn't test as I thought it would be too early for HPT to detect. Is it possible implanation bleed happen this late? I thought it would be in the first week of transfer.

Feeling so loss now, I'll test HPT tomorrow morning.

Dear, did u check with your ivf clinic ? Alternatively can u do the blood test earlier?

My spotting n bleeding started on day 8 after tsf, which was too early for blood test. I got a support jab instead n was advised to bedrest.

Dear, did u check with your ivf clinic ? Alternatively can u do the blood test earlier?

My spotting n bleeding started on day 8 after tsf, which was too early for blood test. I got a support jab instead n was advised to bedrest.
Yes I called and they asked me to monitor another 1-2 days and give them a call back.

I supposed your spotting most probably is the implantation bleeding, hope you have good rests and don't worry too much. When is your BT?

Back