IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ermm...thinking leh but dun dare!!! Btw, when is the right time to test? Tsf, u testing?
I will test .... Tdy is exactly 14dpo... Will test Tmr and sat... My official BT is actually on the 29th, but becos its a Sunday so test on mon.... Feeling all the jitters.... Dunno how to react if it's a negative.... Maybe will break down n cry...

I will test .... Tdy is exactly 14dpo... Will test Tmr and sat... My official BT is actually on the 29th, but becos its a Sunday so test on mon.... Feeling all the jitters.... Dunno how to react if it's a negative.... Maybe will break down n cry...

Think of the + way don't think - all the best

Hi ladies,

Like to hear some opinions - if AF doesn't come before our BT, does it means we got good chance in BFP? Are there ladies who didn't get AF until BT and yet get a BFN?

Don't worry too much, sometimes we just got to take things in a stride. Tell yourself if it's meant to be, it will be. If it's not meant to be, that means the time is not here yet. Stay positive!

Thanks sis. Yup I'm with Dr Lau. I'm 30yrs old ttc for abt 4yrs. Tried clomid ~7 cycle, Letrozle 2cycle, IUI 1cycle. Initially I was w pte, after all the clomid she refer me to Dr Lau for ivf, but Dr Lau wants me to try letrozole first. Since I failed he say I shld do iui 1cycle then ivf. During my soiui my follicles grow quite slow. I only did my iui on day 22 but w gd lining. During the consultations of iui Dr Lau say I can even go for 2nd cycle before heading ivf. Now that I failed 1st cycle, since I need to stop 1cycle before 2nd cycle & ivf next available mth is June I had booked my slot. Then Dr Lau called me to ask me go for 2nd cycle of iui, he said since I responded to iui I shld cont & can even do up till 3cycles before heading for ivf.

So now I also dunno shld I head for ivf or 2nd iui...

Gal, I believe the overall health conditions for both of your HB and you shouldn't be too bad...Which explained Dr had suggested to you to continue your SO-IUI for 2nd or even 3rd time. All you need is just another a year or so before proceeding with IVF. By then, you still in your early thirties.

IVF, although chances are higher than IUI. It can be emotional draining and required a lot of your time and efforts. Prepare to save up more leave for those scanning appointments and taking HL if necessary.

For me, I would continue trying SOIUI if situation allowed.. In between the cycles, I would rest for at least 3 months to detox my body and with the help of TCM to tone the bodies of my hubby and myself.

For your consideration.. :)

Tsf, o is it the day that we do ER? I may test on fri or sat bah...

Im hving clear watery discharge (sorry tmi) since 5dpt3dt till now esp in the nite...anyone has this oso??? Im now in 10dpt3dt...

In my 2nd cycle, I tested at 12dp2dt using guardian HPT, it showed negative. But when I tested again during 14dp2dt using clearblue digital, I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant. So, it is still possible.
Clearblue digital HPT can show how long was the pregnancy? As you mentioned when you tested. How much does it costs?

Gal, I believe the overall health conditions for both of your HB and you shouldn't be too bad...Which explained Dr had suggested to you to continue your SO-IUI for 2nd or even 3rd time. All you need is just another a year or so before proceeding with IVF. By then, you still in your early thirties.

IVF, although chances are higher than IUI. It can be emotional draining and required a lot of your time and efforts. Prepare to save up more leave for those scanning appointments and taking HL if necessary.

For me, I would continue trying SOIUI if situation allowed.. In between the cycles, I would rest for at least 3 months to detox my body and with the help of TCM to tone the bodies of my hubby and myself.

For your consideration.. :)

Hi Chubby1314,

Thanks ya for ur advise.. I'll use this 1 mth have good think abt it.. Thanks so much ;)

Sometimes I juz envy. I always do not have the chance to use pregnancy kit to test. Every month my period come on time n even when I went Ivf last year , I got spotting even before my bt which I did not have normally.

A lot? I have also. But not a lot. Can soak through panty liner though...mine can be day or night.
Mine oso can soak thru panty liner...so not sure if it consider alot or not...but day not so much but i hv it on every nite since 5dpt3dt...hope this is ok!!!

Sometimes I juz envy. I always do not have the chance to use pregnancy kit to test. Every month my period come on time n even when I went Ivf last year , I got spotting even before my bt which I did not have normally.
It means ur cycle regular. So is good. I also no chance to test except last mth bfn although period is late. That's even worse feeling

Feel U Sheryl. I also got no chance to test every month. Very sad.

Thanks for the info iinvincible ... did u not get additional support? Kkh dont have this procedure of giving additonal support to aid in low hcg beta .. but I read some ladies get additional horm jabs from priv clinics ... chemical pregnqncy would imply insufficient horm to support the pregnancy right
After my first BT? No additional support. Only wait for 48 hours for the next BT. My case I think is embryo quality. Somehow just stopped growing after implantation. No issue with lining since suppositories were given during TWW.

Did the doctor give supplements for ur hubby? My husband have low sperm count but he was put on clomid for 3 months and his sperm count increase from 6 millions to 9 millions.
He took vitamin E but when we proceed to ivf, his sperm is not considered an issue as we are doing icsi. But my hubby took own supplements and TCM.

Just speaking from my own experience with NUH, the drs will always encourage at least 3 times iui before ivf, esp if u are below 35. But of course if u insist not wanting iui and just move to ivf they cannot force u la. For myself, i went thru the 3 x iui because i wanted to satisfy myself that i tried my best to use less invasive methods first.
Cos of my husband age and his SA result plus my fibroid issue as I did laparoscopy to remove them. Recommendation fr kk is to do ivf also. IUI was done at pte doc but felt waste of time as hubby SA is poor morphology, poor motility and poor count. So it's almost impossible to succeed. When the doc put the sperm in, the doc said low chance. Then I went another doc, doc suggest that I remove fibroid and after recovery proceed to ivf.

Hi, can u share what's ur hub sperm analyses result like?? Coz apparently my hub result also not that gd, but dr didn prescribe to him any medicine. So I'm wondering shld I ask dr for it? Coz initially I tot dr will not prescribe med to hub coz I'm the one seeing him.
Seems a few ladies here got hb sperm issues... care to share what ur numbers are? My hb also bad sperm so Im doing ivf. Count is 9-13 mil, morphology is 1-2%, motility is borderline fail type
My hub sperm count not as high. Hub SA fluctuates quite a bit. My last ivf, when I collect the embryo report, the embryologist told me hub sperm half of it are not moving (so are they dead?) so they can only use half of what hub produce.

Precious beanie, doc only give vit E. When I did iui with the pte doc, she prescribe a hormone pill to hub to improve quantity. But I read online the pill can cause liver damage & I ask kk doc the doc said no proof the hormone pills help men.

So I get hub to eat the supplements I buy & TCM herbs.

My hub sperm count not as high. Hub SA fluctuates quite a bit. My last ivf, when I collect the embryo report, the embryologist told me hub sperm half of it are not moving (so are they dead?) so they can only use half of what hub produce.

Precious beanie, doc only give vit E. When I did iui with the pte doc, she prescribe a hormone pill to hub to improve quantity. But I read online the pill can cause liver damage & I ask kk doc the doc said no proof the hormone pills help men.

So I get hub to eat the supplements I buy & TCM herbs.
Did he improve after the supplements? Actually yes they fluctuate a lot

My hub also has low morpholgy and motility. Sadly over time the numbers have not improved much. I always wonder if it is that hard or impossible for it to improve to a normal level. Cos people always tell me it is easy to improve with supplements but I dun see it rising to a point good enough for normal conception.

Back