IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi,

I just started my first fresh ivf and had the first stim last friday (cd2). Wondering if anyone around the same time as me? I was given Elonva, a jab that last for 7days so won't have to do a daily jab. Going back for my 2nd scan tomorrow.. thinking how many follicle will there be. Have anyone try Elonva and what was the result?

Hi,

I just started my first fresh ivf and had the first stim last friday (cd2). Wondering if anyone around the same time as me? I was given Elonva, a jab that last for 7days so won't have to do a daily jab. Going back for my 2nd scan tomorrow.. thinking how many follicle will there be. Have anyone try Elonva and what was the result?

I tried b4. It works for me. Had 13 eggs retrieve. Lesser injections.

thks ron! i called kkivf.. they said just observe for now.. if worsen den start to vomit den head down to c doc..
ohss sucks but its not as bad as people think. Try drinking ensure milk also cos its high in protein. I have high risk of ohss so when I did stim my doc made me eat egg white everyday and drink packets of ensure milk. Disgusting but better than being warded again.

Hi i need some advice pls. I've been having mild menses cramp for past few days and had bad backache tdy. My menses is 2days late and i feel like its coming anytime. I've a fibroid and just had a failed IVF cycle last mth. Did u all have similar experience before? Did u have delayed menses after a failed cycle? And does fibroid causes backache and menses like cramps?

Hi i need some advice pls. I've been having mild menses cramp for past few days and had bad backache tdy. My menses is 2days late and i feel like its coming anytime. I've a fibroid and just had a failed IVF cycle last mth. Did u all have similar experience before? Did u have delayed menses after a failed cycle? And does fibroid causes backache and menses like cramps?
From my own experience & what I'm hearing in here, yes the menses after failed IVF will commonly be delayed.
Fibroids can do anything, depends on individual I guess.

Can it be u r preggy? I heard that the chances of natural bfp increases after a failed cycle.

Dear sisters,

I need some advice. I have started my lucrin jabs (3rd IVF, on long cycle) and predicted to start my stims next tue.

However, I have been having on and off cough and sore throat since the beginning of feb, before I started lucrin. ( tot I will recover since it was 3-4 weeks away from stim, but I was wrong) my DH is also having cough and sore throat (worse than me)

Any idea of this will affect egg and sperm quality? To continue or not? Feeling lost....

Tsf, i have flu, nose block and started coughing yesterday.
I went to see my family doctor, she told me that the medicine will not affect the egg quality,
to be safe, she have given me the cough syrup that even pregnant lady can consume.
The best is still advise your gynae if you still have concerned.

Take care and get well soon :)

We tried many things to prevent our cough from getting worse.... I ate 2 rounds of antibiotics, saw doc 3 times, took tcm meds, take honey lemon, lozenges, vit C ... Nothing seem to work...
i am going to try steam orange with salt. Cut a bit of the orange, use chopstick to poke a few times,
and put some salt and steam it, finished the whole orange.
i will try it tomorrow, and let you know the outcome :)

Lazybee85, I have over 30 eggs , potential OHSS and was worried my ET will be cancelled, lucky blood test show I am fine thus Dr proceed ET for me. I have 4 transfer 2 and and 3 under observation. Until now cannot feel any positive sign.
All the best and jia you :)

I tried b4. It works for me. Had 13 eggs retrieve. Lesser injections.

Ya at least dont have to jab so many times. After that jab, what other jab did ur dr give you? As this is my first time, would like to know more then at least not so nervous. only 1 jab already very gan cheong.

Ya at least dont have to jab so many times. After that jab, what other jab did ur dr give you? As this is my first time, would like to know more then at least not so nervous. only 1 jab already very gan cheong.

Sorry.... i can't remember exactly as its 1 year ago. I know there was oso the puregon pen too. Dun haf to worry... the injections are not painful... just focus on the end results. Good luck!!!!

i am going to try steam orange with salt. Cut a bit of the orange, use chopstick to poke a few times,
and put some salt and steam it, finished the whole orange.
i will try it tomorrow, and let you know the outcome :)

My colls tried n swear by it... they tried different cough syrups but none works. Only this steamed orange worked well.

Good morning, my AF should come anytime soon and I will be starting my lucrin injections (touchwood. Hope the scan goes well). I would like to know when do we have the jab? I hope it's at night. Happy Lunar New Year one and all!!

e suspense of e tww is killing me!! kudos to those who survived!!

hmm.. curious to know when is the earliest to poas for D2 transfer? Mr Google says at least 6days past transfer is e earliest, n i'm sorely tempted to do a hpt but afraid of false results..

Would like to check with ladies who have used crinone. Any way to ensure/enhance the absorption?

*tmi - I'm worried the buildup of the crinone residual inside will block the vaginal wall and affect absorption. I read from some forums that their Drs advised manual clearing with finger, but my Dr said no need, will discharge on its own. But I'm worried bcos it seems the gels comes out soon after it goes in.

And do you walk around like what the clinic says, or staying lying on bed after application?

Advice appreciated.

Would like to check with ladies who have used crinone. Any way to ensure/enhance the absorption?

*tmi - I'm worried the buildup of the crinone residual inside will block the vaginal wall and affect absorption. I read from some forums that their Drs advised manual clearing with finger, but my Dr said no need, will discharge on its own. But I'm worried bcos it seems the gels comes out soon after it goes in.

And do you walk around like what the clinic says, or staying lying on bed after application?

Advice appreciated.

I'm using crinone too and I do walk slowly for 15 mins before lying down. So far the gel did not flow out immediately.

Hi ladies,
Its been a long time since i log on here. How's everyone?
I am starting my short cycle. Its been a long wait since nov for kkh :) Now at kkh for 2nd scan. I must say kkh protocol is a bit wierd,i am given 5 days of orgulaton,after this then start simulation jabs. According to doc,its to mimic long cycle so tt can respond to simulation jabs better

Still getting use to this funny protocol but guess i will choose to trust my doctor. ;) Funny n good thg is i get to see him for all my scan instead of duty doc. Tot e normal is to see duty doc. anyway am happy tt e sonographer manage to find more than 5 eggs in my scan :)

Wish everyone good luck in this journey. :)

Hi ladies,
I am starting my short cycle. Its been a long wait since nov for kkh :) Now at kkh for 2nd scan. I must say kkh protocol is a bit wierd,i am given 5 days of orgulaton,after this then start simulation jabs. According to doc,its to mimic long cycle so tt can respond to simulation jabs better

Still getting use to this funny protocol but guess i will choose to trust my doctor. ;) Funny n good thg is i get to see him for all my scan instead of duty doc. Tot e normal is to see duty doc. anyway am happy tt e sonographer manage to find more than 5 eggs in my scan :)

Nice..finally can start after the long wait.. Jia you :)

Advice appreciated.
Nurse told me lie down a while then can walk about. Walking can promote absorption. For this reason, the gel is applied in morning & not at night.

Hi ladies,

Good luck to you Connie_hopeful. Take good care ya.

Good luck to you Connie_hopeful. Take good care ya.
Hi chubby, how r u? Actually i same as u, they scan a big follicle on my day 2 n give me ogulaton. Today scan again turn out its a normal cyst tt i am born with. So i can start e cycle.but need 2 more days of ogulaton.
How abt u? Can start this cycle ma?

Hi chubby, how r u? Actually i same as u, they scan a big follicle on my day 2 n give me ogulaton. Today scan again turn out its a normal cyst tt i am born with. So i can start e cycle.but need 2 more days of ogulaton.
How abt u? Can start this cycle ma?
Can start le .... Finally :)... Haha feeling really happy after a sense of disappointment on sat when there is a possibility that this cycle can be aborted. When informed that I can proceed, so excited and happy.

What about your status and how is your scan? Feel happy and excited for you too....

Can start le .... Finally :)... Haha feeling really happy after a sense of disappointment on sat when there is a possibility that this cycle can be aborted. When informed that I can proceed, so excited and happy.

What about your status and how is your scan? Feel happy and excited for you too....
I same as u. Scan day 2 on sat. Today scan 2nd time. Did dr lau give u a few more days of ogulaton still or u can start simulation straight today?

Did BT today. And as expected it was a BFN. Sigh. A little sad but I learnt a lot and next round I'll ask for a long protocol because of my adeno.
Good luck to everyone!

Advice appreciated.

I always chose to rest (lie down) for abt 10-15min after inserts.

Personally, i prefer to using crinone straight from fridge as it's less leaky as the gel is more solid form. At room temp it feels like squirting liquid.

Don't worry abt the crinone residue. It WILL come out in colourful (not always pure white!!) chunks of residue after 3-5 days. Dont need to clear manually. Wear panty liners!

Good morning, my AF should come anytime soon and I will be starting my lucrin injections (touchwood. Hope the scan goes well). I would like to know when do we have the jab? I hope it's at night. Happy Lunar New Year one and all!!
Oceandeep,starting soon hor. Jiayou! I think e injections is in daytime except tmc dr loh,who prefers night injections

Did BT today. And as expected it was a BFN. Sigh. A little sad but I learnt a lot and next round I'll ask for a long protocol because of my adeno.
Good luck to everyone!
Sueism, hugs. Do you have any frozen and have AF arrive?
I also got Bfn from test kit today, also feel so sad, BT next week.

I had my menses delayed for 18 days after a failed cycle in December. I took hpt and it was a consistent BFN, thus, I knew that I wasn't pregnant. To be cautious, I went to see my Dr, who did an ultrasound scan to confirm that I wasn't preggy. He advised that it could be due to hormonal imbalance from the medicine given for IVF. He didn't give me any medicine to trigger menses and said that it would take longer if he had given me medicine. Thus, I tried some home remedies to get menses to come, like hot green tea and pineapple. My menses came 2 days shortly after I took 2 slices of pineapple.

Hi ladies,

Happy for you that you get to start on your next cycle. I am having a long wait here too, since Dec. My sister shared that it will be good to rest for at least 3 months in between cycles.

Happy for you that you get to start on your next cycle. I am having a long wait here too, since Dec. My sister shared that it will be good to rest for at least 3 months in between cycles.

Hi there, thanks :) i am resting since may 2014 already. I just started with kkh starting with polyclinic letter on july 2014 :)

Hope this wait is worthwhile

Anyone has difficulties with using Utrogestan - the pearlies that have to be inserted from below? Even as I lied down for 45 minutes after insertion, the pearlies till fall off whenever I go to the loo. I asked the Dr if this can be consumed orally instead and he said that this will cause vomiting and nausea. My DH even felt that my last failure was partly due to my failure to insert this properly.

Anyone has difficulties with using Utrogestan - the pearlies that have to be inserted from below? Even as I lied down for 45 minutes after insertion, the pearlies till fall off whenever I go to the loo. I asked the Dr if this can be consumed orally instead and he said that this will cause vomiting and nausea. My DH even felt that my last failure was partly due to my failure to insert this properly.

I took it orally and only mild giddiness for a start after that ok. If you are worried not insert properly take orally or ask your dr for other support like crinone or jabs.

Hi ladies,

Hi Connie! Jiayou on your cycle hope u succeed this round. How come so gd u get to see your own Dr during scan?

bff, did ur whole pearlies come out or in bits n pieces.. if its in white pasty stuff den it shld b normal cuz i asked e nurse n was advised tt what comes out is the non-absorbable casing of utrogestan n the med within the casing shld b absorbed by the body within 30-45min..

@Best Fertility Friend, you try to insert the pill deeper in. What I do is before inserting, i pee and the urine in there sort of gives some "lubricant" to help your finger slide in. The pee must be quite a lot kind not those trickle a few drop kind. So I usually drink a bit of water then hold the urine until I am abt to insert. Cos I notice that too little pee, vagina wall is too dry and difficult to insert. I sort of bend my body forward a little while standing and insert. After that for next 1-2 hrs I don't go to the toilet at all. If you are at home, try to lie down for as long as you can. So far my leakage is minor and manageable. Also I use my index finger to insert and I push until 3/4 of my index finger is inside. It feel gross but at least u don't have the pill dropping out kind of feeling.

Sorry if too much info!

Sueism, hugs. Do you have any frozen and have AF arrive?
I also got Bfn from test kit today, also feel so sad, BT next week.
Hey Autumn, yep froze 1. Didn't have many eggs retrieved. Dont worry till the BT hon. I've heard lots of stories of ladies who did hpt and got negative but Bfp at BT. Chin up :)

Hi Connie! Jiayou on your cycle hope u succeed this round. How come so gd u get to see your own Dr during scan?
@hopeful13,thks! Hope u have felt better le.

I dunno lei. Maybi cos they saw a big follicle (my inborn cyst) at day 2 scan, Dunno wat to do n call e doctor. Then doc came to e room 4 . Then i grab hold of him n ask him questions when he came out of e room. For my 2 visits i didnt go into room4 to see attending doc at all.Its catching my doc n then wait for counter 6 and 7 reception to brief on e injection etc. I also find it strange

@hopeful13,thks! Hope u have felt better le.

I dunno lei. Maybi cos they saw a big follicle (my inborn cyst) at day 2 scan, Dunno wat to do n call e doctor. Then doc came to e room 4 . Then i grab hold of him n ask him questions when he came out of e room. For my 2 visits i didnt go into room4 to see attending doc at all.Its catching my doc n then wait for counter 6 and 7 reception to brief on e injection etc. I also find it strange
Wow that is good leh.. it's a good sign that things will go smoothly for you. I think it's very impt to keep positive attitude and be happy during the procedure, so enjoy all these moment k? :)

I am ok.. Sometimes still sad when I think abt my loss. Did not even take mc and went back to work today. Last night me and hubby kiss goodbye to our embryos on the scan and store them in our ivf folder.

I still have 1 frozen embryo. Wonder if it will survive the thaw or should I do 1 more fresh again. Also dunno when can try again after a miscarriage.

Wow that is good leh.. it's a good sign that things will go smoothly for you. I think it's very impt to keep positive attitude and be happy during the procedure, so enjoy all these moment k? :)

I am ok.. Sometimes still sad when I think abt my loss. Did not even take mc and went back to work today. Last night me and hubby kiss goodbye to our embryos on the scan and store them in our ivf folder.

I still have 1 frozen embryo. Wonder if it will survive the thaw or should I do 1 more fresh again. Also dunno when can try again after a miscarriage.
I hope its good..even start cycle they also delay my this cycle by giving me orgulaton for 5 days. According to nurse,she says its to mimic long cycle so tt e eggs will respond better to simulation. Its like a waiting game.

Hugss to you...i think i read need to rest for 3 cycle to flush out e injections of previous ivf.

I rem u got a soak panty liner with red?does tt mean after tt e blood test will still show a positive beta?
Sometimes i find this ivf very strange thgy. N we yet have to ride on this roller coaster and sit tight till e end of the ride

Back