(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Any mummies have backache already? Can't do prenatal massage yet... plus dare not use medicated plaster... any way to relief to the pain? I tried heat pack, but doesn't help....

Any mummies have backache already? Can't do prenatal massage yet... plus dare not use medicated plaster... any way to relief to the pain? I tried heat pack, but doesn't help....

I got backache too.. on and off... when it comes, it can be very achy.
That day I listened to a talk, a yoga instructor shared some tips but I think she is more like targeting at tri 2/3 ladies.
Think you can do child poses. Sometimes I do some light side twist too...
She also taught that you can use a chair, hold to the back of the chair, then legs about hips width apart (position is abit like all fours on the floor, can be done when all fours on floor too, knees and hands), then straighten and round your back.
Or you can stand or sit (front leaning against the chair, hands on top of chair and chin resting on hands) then your husband can put both his hands on your back, using the heel of his back, both hands walk outwards from centre across your back and walk back in. use the heels of the hand to massage.
There is also another one.. you hold on to the table and bend forward, give your body room to go down and just like let your stomach weight go down, not pressing against thigh or chair or anything. It can also help to shift baby to the correct position.

Sorry, I am not so good at describing. I hope you get it. Can try to google first before you attempt, ok? Most important, don't strain yourself no matter what you do and to go slow and within comfort zone.

Thanks @Piggling ! I'll give it a try... the next visit will ask the Gynae if can use medicated plaster... cos especially in office, it's difficult to do those exercise...

Hi fairy tale, y u leave yr job after u discover u pregnant? I m also feeling very stress up recently.. Been having the tots of quitting n making me depress. My current job required me to fly to 3rd world countries at least twice a month. Ever since I pregnant, I stop flying. Told my boss I will fly after 1st tri, but now with my spotting I don feel like flying anymore till birth. This will definitely affect my job n make me feel depress every time I feel I m not performing to my boss expectation. Keeping thinking of my job even though I m on hospital leave now. My hubby ask me to quit so that I will not be so stress up n affect the baby..but when think about the extra income, I pull back again. Haiz..fear of not having enough scare me.

Can understand how you feel, about not performing up to standards. Sometimes, I also feel very tired and I feel like quitting my job because certain mornings, I find it hard to get up and I feel that sometimes work stress does make me tensed up and like makes me feel crampy in the tummy. And every cramps makes me scared.

If you are not comfortable with flying, then don't. Just close one eye on your performance. If you intend to stay on, you can catch up on your career after you have given birth. Even if you finally choose to leave your job, you can still find a job after you have given birth. But baby is dependent on us for health now so we really have to put ourselves on top priority now. Since you are on hospital leave now, just rest well and don't think too much. Take care. :)

Thanks @Piggling ! I'll give it a try... the next visit will ask the Gynae if can use medicated plaster... cos especially in office, it's difficult to do those exercise...

Yah, I also find it difficult at times, except maybe the table one if you have space behind you. Try to keep your posture right to prevent further aches. :)

Is it.. I got google.. Most sites say got breakout + spots = gal, clear skin = boy ..

Anyway just now went mil plc for dinner.. One of the sister of my hub suddenly 'grabbed' my butt..

She say 'quite firm ah, shd be a boy' ...

Btw, I haven disclose to them the gender yet...

But inside me i was like 'wah, one old wives myth proven true' for me..

My butt sagged :confused: and with spots on the face, ermmm see whether the wives' tales is correct whether I am expecting a girl :D

Hi fairy tale, y u leave yr job after u discover u pregnant? I m also feeling very stress up recently.. Been having the tots of quitting n making me depress. My current job required me to fly to 3rd world countries at least twice a month. Ever since I pregnant, I stop flying. Told my boss I will fly after 1st tri, but now with my spotting I don feel like flying anymore till birth. This will definitely affect my job n make me feel depress every time I feel I m not performing to my boss expectation. Keeping thinking of my job even though I m on hospital leave now. My hubby ask me to quit so that I will not be so stress up n affect the baby..but when think about the extra income, I pull back again. Haiz..fear of not having enough scare me.

Same here but actual work scope require me to drive to Tuas, construction sites and factories which I m reluctant to do so in the pregnant state.

Glad that they find me unsuitable and I am happy that I m a sahm now, no doubt there's no income now but can always find again after birth.

Job we can always find again but baby, there's only 1.

Is there any whats app grp chat exist? If have, add me in :)

U can pm @xuan_mom your no. :) to be added in the watsapps group.

Just got my Harmony test results. It's a Boy, 1:10,000

I'm soooooo sooooo relief. Goodness me.

All the very best to all your scan test results!! Jiayou everyone

Congrats!!

Just wanna say, currently in hospital with my wife. She had bleeding profusely this morning. Blood simply just gush out with large clots. Call an ambulance and send her to hospital. First scan, baby still OK. But now admitted and waiting for more scans and see doctor. Pray and hope everything is ok

For back stretches in the office, I'm thinking can try to twist at the waist whilst seated on the chair. maybe can hold the back rest n hold the position a bit. Key is to twist the spine.

Just wanna say, currently in hospital with my wife. She had bleeding profusely this morning. Blood simply just gush out with large clots. Call an ambulance and send her to hospital. First scan, baby still OK. But now admitted and waiting for more scans and see doctor. Pray and hope everything is ok

All the very best. Hope it's a false alarm.

Maybe can consider tcm herbs going forward.

tc.. my prayers are with u both... hope all will be well... talk to baby

Hope the best for U, wifey & baby.

Oh dear. yes. Cross fingers n hope it is gg to be stable.

actually I tendered my resignation in nov.. that was before I knew i was preggy.. I wanna take a break & because quite sianz of my job.. :confused:

then in mid dec I realised I was preggy.. so I decided to use my balance leave so I can leave earlier.. hehe..

financially wise, hubby alone still okay... he no nag at me staying at home.. so far so good..

He just keep reminding me not to nag at him..

I think most guys like very turned off woman stay at home will start to 'find trouble' with the hub & then nag..

so nowadays if i free & if MS no strike me, i just go visit friends who are sahm, go willinghearts in the morning to help in the kitchen.. watch drama..

I just finished abt 90 episodes of WU MEI NIANG CHUAN QI.. :p

Last edited:
Mine long here..but I oli tried 4 out of the many..am thinking no point return
Quite prompt lei..3weeks delivery time.
U check out the delivery date they indicate?? Can track status de..

They indicated 29 Jan. . Then I drop them an email.. They say try to wait till 13 feb...

Dunno is it becoz i keyed an extra zero to the blk no... that why delay.

I selected normal mail.. no tracking number given :(

actually I tendered my resignation in nov.. that was before I knew i was preggy.. I wanna take a break & because quite sianz of my job.. :confused:

then in mid dec I realised I was preggy.. so I decided to use my balance leave so I can leave earlier.. hehe..

financially wise, hubby alone still okay... he no nag at me staying at home.. so far so good..

I think most guys like very turned off woman stay at home will start to 'find trouble' with the hub & then nag..

so nowadays if i free & if MS no strike me, i just go visit friends who are sahm, go willinghearts in the morning to help in the kitchen.. watch drama..

So nice.. i just started wu mei niang 2 weeks ago.. I'm only at 25 episode.. The show is so dragging...

I'm the type that seldom watch dramas.. haha.. so quite a torture.. but can't help wanting to watch..

Hope everything is okie with your wife. Ask her not to worry and rest well, baby will be okie. Jia you!

Can understand how you feel, about not performing up to standards. Sometimes, I also feel very tired and I feel like quitting my job because certain mornings, I find it hard to get up and I feel that sometimes work stress does make me tensed up and like makes me feel crampy in the tummy. And every cramps makes me scared.

If you are not comfortable with flying, then don't. Just close one eye on your performance. If you intend to stay on, you can catch up on your career after you have given birth. Even if you finally choose to leave your job, you can still find a job after you have given birth. But baby is dependent on us for health now so we really have to put ourselves on top priority now. Since you are on hospital leave now, just rest well and don't think too much. Take care. :)
Must look out for such cramps. I had bad cramps while expecting my boy due to work stress working till mid9 almost everyday n constantly in tensed up mood. Ended up with early term contraction at 5 mths plus...n was on medication to relax the muscles.
Really must relax @Piggling & take care

Must look out for such cramps. I had bad cramps while expecting my boy due to work stress working till mid9 almost everyday n constantly in tensed up mood. Ended up with early term contraction at 5 mths plus...n was on medication to relax the muscles.
Really must relax @Piggling & take care

Oh.. that is alarming! Okie, thanks for your advice. :)
Yah, sometimes when I start to get uptight about work, I just tell myself relax relax, close one eye and just do my own part then boh chup. At the end of the day, baby is still the most important.

Thanks all for kind wishes. Just finish ultrasound not long ago. Baby is 55mm in size and having heartbeat. Seems like after all this ordeal he can still jump ard. Ward doctor says bleeding likely cause by fibroid. Now monitoring

Glad to know that baby is active.
I have a friend who delivered a healthy baby despite fibroid so it is okie as long as it is not hindering baby's growth.
Take care and ask your wife to remain positive and relax.

Hi hi, my EDD is 27 August
Now at week 11+2d but suddenly lost the pregnancy symptoms like bloatedness, nauseous, backache
Just feeling super normal
But is it normal??
Going for NT scan this Friday. Hope things are fine.

Yah, sometimes when I start to get uptight about work, I just tell myself relax relax, close one eye and just do my own part then boh chup. At the end of the day, baby is still the most important.
I find myself getting more irritated in the office. Must be the hormones lol. But I tell myself that its just a job. No point getting upset and feeling down about things. Just focus on doing what you can and be happy at the end of the day. hoping the next few months will be easy but unlikely as it will be very busy at work. Just keeping positive for the baby. Happy mom = happy baby :))

Anyone in their 15 weeks & alrdy has a bump?

I dun have it.. Still can wear my denim shorts.. Thou those skinny jeans maybe abit hard to button & zip liao..

Nobody can tel i am preggy & probably think i am an average size woman with a thick waist.. :D

Just no actual bump..

I guess for now i should just enjoy wearing my non-maternity clothings.. :p

Like @jayjtan, whenever I felt tense and stress at my job. I felt cramps at my tummy too. That was the worst period of my life, stress at work, ms and all sort of troubles come at the same time. I felt like fighting one battle after another. Leave workplace and voila, life has never been better ♡♡♡♡♡

So morale of the story, rest and relax .. juz be happy. Thinking of joining my friend to pre natal massage in Mar, just make myself happy.

Hi hi, my EDD is 27 August
Now at week 11+2d but suddenly lost the pregnancy symptoms like bloatedness, nauseous, backache
Just feeling super normal
But is it normal??
Going for NT scan this Friday. Hope things are fine.

The peak will be 8-10 weeks then u will start to get better.
Don't worry too much.

I find myself getting more irritated in the office. Must be the hormones lol. But I tell myself that its just a job. No point getting upset and feeling down about things. Just focus on doing what you can and be happy at the end of the day. hoping the next few months will be easy but unlikely as it will be very busy at work. Just keeping positive for the baby. Happy mom = happy baby :))

Me too, raging hormones. My temper is x10 of my pre pregnancy :confused:
Quite hard to control, must ask myself to control and relax daily. :p

I dun have it.. Still can wear my denim shorts.. Thou those skinny jeans maybe abit hard to button & zip liao..

Nobody can tel i am preggy & probably think i am an average size woman with a thick waist.. :D

Just no actual bump..

Like that is quite good too, tummy won't stretch so much and less prone to stretch marks ;)

Me sahm...I won't be looking for infant care. But I know some sahm runs home business and or have more than 1 kiddo, so they usually will have different baby care arrangements. Really depends on circumstances.

Like though I'm sahm, I started my girl in childcare at 18 months cos we plan to start trying for no.2 after that. We feel if I get preggy, by then no.1 should have been settled into cc already so transition will be smoother. Plus we don't get help from our parents. But seriously different sahm has different plans, like working mums/ MTBs :)

1 of my sahm Fren sends her no.1 to cc, no.2 to nanny cos she has home business plus they prefer no maids :) So it's like quasi-sahm heee...

What are your plans?
We just started my girl in half day daycare programme today. Mainly cos we wanted her to get some exposure to Chinese language (i can't speak Chinese well and my husband doesn't speak the language at all.). When we found out that #2 is on the way, we thought it'll definitely a good idea for daycare.

Haha. Your story is exactly like mine! Except I extended my notice period to train my replacement. Only conceived a week or so after my official last day! Plan was to quit to travel, surf and do yoga course. Halfway during my holiday, I found out I was pregnant so cut short and came home.

Just no actual bump..

First pregnancy, i only started showing around 18weeks. Now at 13, already showing but weigh less than before. Still can wear my normal clothes though.

Ya.. Sometimes things are just so 'unpredictable' ..

My hub was initially :confused: like y for nuthing i wanna quit.

I say i wanna rest, & he say huh.. U 30+ & u sick & tired of working..

I say not tired of working, just sick of this current job cos 10yrs + & no advancement..

I know if i seek his 'approval', i forever no need to quit liao.. So i just went ahead & tender w/o informing him.

Then few weeks later when realise i was preggy.... His tone of voice changed 'then u beta faster leave & rest at home' ..

So 'hypocrite' ...

If i not preggy, he will like forever 'disagree' for me to quit.. Now preggy liao, then i got 'valid' reason to stay home like tat..

Haha. Your story is exactly like mine! Except I extended my notice period to train my replacement. Only conceived a week or so after my official last day! Plan was to quit to travel, surf and do yoga course. Halfway during my holiday, I found out I was pregnant so cut short and came home.

Like @jayjtan, whenever I felt tense and stress at my job. I felt cramps at my tummy too. That was the worst period of my life, stress at work, ms and all sort of troubles come at the same time. I felt like fighting one battle after another. Leave workplace and voila, life has never been better ♡♡♡♡♡

So morale of the story, rest and relax .. juz be happy. Thinking of joining my friend to pre natal massage in Mar, just make myself happy.

The peak will be 8-10 weeks then u will start to get better.
Don't worry too much.

Me too, raging hormones. My temper is x10 of my pre pregnancy :confused:
Quite hard to control, must ask myself to control and relax daily. :p

Like that is quite good too, tummy won't stretch so much and less prone to stretch marks ;)

Talking abt stretch mark, I keep forgetting to start applying the cream :(

First pregnancy, i only started showing around 18weeks. Now at 13, already showing but weigh less than before. Still can wear my normal clothes though.

I can wear my usual shorts and pants since quite a few weeks back, partly oso due to discomfort fr the bloatedness, partly the tummy getting bigger. Second pregnancy the bump will grow faster too. I think I won't be abt to fit into 1 of my cny clothes :(

I've started wearing maternity shorts and pants and bras, more comfy.

Ya.. Sometimes things are just so 'unpredictable' ..

My hub was initially :confused: like y for nuthing i wanna quit.

I say i wanna rest, & he say huh.. U 30+ & u sick & tired of working..

I say not tired of working, just sick of this current job cos 10yrs + & no advancement..

I know if i seek his 'approval', i forever no need to quit liao.. So i just went ahead & tender w/o informing him.

Then few weeks later when realise i was preggy.... His tone of voice changed 'then u beta faster leave & rest at home' ..

So 'hypocrite' ...

If i not preggy, he will like forever 'disagree' for me to quit.. Now preggy liao, then i got 'valid' reason to stay home like tat..

Don't think like that la... you know how it's like, if we keep thinking it's Black, we see Black. So all the more impt we think it's White now...heee

I feel that in Asian society, quitting one's job without a backup is perceived as bad bad bad, unlike in the western society. So I feel it's just a perception your hubby has, not that he is really personal against it. Unfortunately we are really more or less shaped by the culture we live in, so for quitting job without a backup, many people can't see open. So now that it's all water under the bridge...just focus on thinking forward, think gd things about your hubby, ie wow he is so caring now that you both are expecting a new addition to the family :) The road ahead is gonna be very different and it's time to write new chapters in life :)

wow I love your pre pregnancy plan :)

I have a very simple wish ever since I got preggy with no.1, that is to ski. Been putting on hold since no.1 and almost flew to Hokkaido last Jan to ski. Ended up hubby isn't that keen, so we went to Hokkaido in July instead for the lavender season, without the kiddo..!! gosh, what a liberation lol... evil parents.

So now I'm hoping when my girl turns 5, we'll be able to go for a family ski trip, let her start on the lessons then. Waiting until neck super long. Used to ski every winter when I was living overseas, lifestyle is really quite different here :)

But I must say overseas trip without the kiddo is divine, perhaps because we look after her 24-7, no help from our parents. so such trip is a very welcoming real break for us. I wonder if this will be possible with no.2 :(

We brought our girl to Melb when she was abt 9 months old...ended up being a slave to her routines lol... but luckily she napped longger hours there (maybe it's the nice cooling weather) so we had some gd cafe breaks and shopping during those times. Car rides was bad, too much driving for her, the moment she saw the car seat, she started acting out lol... Arghhhh....

So ever since melb, we told ourselves, no more long haul trips with her lol. So far the short trips are proving to be very good, the 3d2n and 4d3n sort. Short enough to feel refreshed and rejuvenated, but not long enough to be tired out by her cos kids can get more cranky/tired as the trip gets longer.

This weekends we are gg for a staycation across the border, buy cny goodies, wash and clean up the car, take a little break. Seriously wondering how life gonna be like with another new addition.

Glad to know that baby is active.
I have a friend who delivered a healthy baby despite fibroid so it is okie as long as it is not hindering baby's growth.
Take care and ask your wife to remain positive and relax.

My sil has fibroids for both her pregnancies and gave birth to healthy kids :)

Thanks for yr advice.. Really hard for woman to choose between family n career. the doc also say is the stress that is making me unhappy n depress n baby can feel it. Don want this baby to come out feeling negative.. Think I have to give up my work and enjoy my pregnancy to have a postive baby..

My hubby keep assuring me his income alone will do.. As right now he is paying for all bills n household uses. For my income is for saving n my parent allowance. The only things we have to give up if I resign are those restaurants n holidays.. I like go travel at least twice a year but now with no 2 coming out.. I don think we can travel for the next 2 years.

He already download tons of Hk drama series in hard disk for me.. Think can last me for the next 8 mths..

wow I love your pre pregnancy plan :)

I have a very simple wish ever since I got preggy with no.1, that is to ski. Been putting on hold since no.1 and almost flew to Hokkaido last Jan to ski. Ended up hubby isn't that keen, so we went to Hokkaido in July instead for the lavender season, without the kiddo..!! gosh, what a liberation lol... evil parents.

So now I'm hoping when my girl turns 5, we'll be able to go for a family ski trip, let her start on the lessons then. Waiting until neck super long. Used to ski every winter when I was living overseas, lifestyle is really quite different here :)

But I must say overseas trip without the kiddo is divine, perhaps because we look after her 24-7, no help from our parents. so such trip is a very welcoming real break for us. I wonder if this will be possible with no.2 :(

We brought our girl to Melb when she was abt 9 months old...ended up being a slave to her routines lol... but luckily she napped longger hours there (maybe it's the nice cooling weather) so we had some gd cafe breaks and shopping during those times. Car rides was bad, too much driving for her, the moment she saw the car seat, she started acting out lol... Arghhhh....

So ever since melb, we told ourselves, no more long haul trips with her lol. So far the short trips are proving to be very good, the 3d2n and 4d3n sort. Short enough to feel refreshed and rejuvenated, but not long enough to be tired out by her cos kids can get more cranky/tired as the trip gets longer.

This weekends we are gg for a staycation across the border, buy cny goodies, wash and clean up the car, take a little break. Seriously wondering how life gonna be like with another new addition.

Starting may be hard to bring two kids along but I am sure you will manage fine after awhile. :) Think from another point of view, faster get the kids out, they are close in age, they grow up together and very soon you will have responsible kids all grown up to go travelling together and by then, you will still have enough energy! :)

Thanks for yr advice.. Really hard for woman to choose between family n career. the doc also say is the stress that is making me unhappy n depress n baby can feel it. Don want this baby to come out feeling negative.. Think I have to give up my work and enjoy my pregnancy to have a postive baby..

My hubby keep assuring me his income alone will do.. As right now he is paying for all bills n household uses. For my income is for saving n my parent allowance. The only things we have to give up if I resign are those restaurants n holidays.. I like go travel at least twice a year but now with no 2 coming out.. I don think we can travel for the next 2 years.

He already download tons of Hk drama series in hard disk for me.. Think can last me for the next 8 mths..

If even your doctor said that, then you really need to relax so that baby won't feel stress too. :) baby is a gift and many people yearns for it. So now that we are given this gift, we must cherish and do our best to protect the baby and make the baby happy. :)

It is nice that your hubby is so assuring then just relax your mind and go with the flow. When I was trying for a baby, I was also thinking, would probably have to give up holidays and restaurants when the baby comes along. But I think it is worth it.. If we save up and keep ourselves healthy, next time can still go for holidays when the kids are older but once we passed the age and the 'timing' then it may be hard for babies to come along.

Nowadays I listen to how people talk about their children, be it small or already grown up, I feel kind of touched. You can see how their eyes sparkle when they talk about their kids and you feel that kids are really a continuation of our dreams and hopes. :)

So sweet of your hubby to download dramas for you. :) Enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to a healthy baby, okie? Last night I was telling my husband, I better enjoy this golden period now, nx time when baby is out, maybe I become slave liao and baby will be the king/queen in his eyes. lol. :D

Thanks all for kind wishes. Just finish ultrasound not long ago. Baby is 55mm in size and having heartbeat. Seems like after all this ordeal he can still jump ard. Ward doctor says bleeding likely cause by fibroid. Now monitoring

Your wifey feeling better?

Same here but I feel is all worth it in the end of the day.
Anything for bb is all worth it.

Back