(2015/10) Oct 2015 Mummies

Wow most of u here have snake #1 here :)

I just tested for the 2nd time this morning and it's positive! So I called my gynae's office for appt and was given 7 March! So long!!! I will be 10 weeks by then. I can't rem if we have to take any tests before week 10? Can any one advise?

Ended up, I asked for a weekday slot and was given 18 Feb (CNY eve) morning.

Was thinking to go on 7 March if no need take tests before week 10.....

Hi ttcing.
There's no test to be taken before wk10 as far as I can remember..

Hi all...

Joining the thread here finally..

I'm having a rainbow oct baby for #2.. I have a dragon girl for #1...

Just did my 6 wks scan and thankfully we can see the flickering heartbeat.. And I am given 1 wk bedrest now... Praying hard everything will go well....

Btw I'm 6 weeks and beanie is 6mm. Can hear strong heartbeat today thru scanning. Didn't do v scan this time.

Hello MTBs!

We just confirmed that my wife is pregnant a week ago and by my count, the baby should be 4 weeks this coming Thursday. We have just booked a visit to the gynae on 10th April but am now wondering if this is too late for the first gynae visit.

Any experienced moms/dads with some advise?

Hello MTBs!

We just confirmed that my wife is pregnant a week ago and by my count, the baby should be 4 weeks this coming Thursday. We have just booked a visit to the gynae on 10th April but am now wondering if this is too late for the first gynae visit.

I'm not sure what is considered too late but April does seem a little far away. If u get checked early ur wife can get started on vitamins earlier.

I'm not sure what is considered too late but April does seem a little far away. If u get checked early ur wife can get started on vitamins earlier.

What we are doing now is that we have our own vitamins and prenatal supplements for the baby. And hoping to get it checked in April so that we are surely able to see something when my wife is scanned.

When did you have your first gynae visit?

Hello! First time here and first post! Tested Positive (twice) on sunday. So i guess im pregnant? But holding the gynea visit till after cny cos im only about 5wks now and my friend (with #3 on the way), told me its still early,even my GP told me so. And so, we are kinda holding the news till we visit the gynea (we got a false alarm once. So... yea)

Anyway anyone got any gynea to recommend? Im such a noob.

What we are doing now is that we have our own vitamins and prenatal supplements for the baby. And hoping to get it checked in April so that we are surely able to see something when my wife is scanned.

When did you have your first gynae visit?

For the first one was abt 6 weeks or so, can't really rem. Had a scare cos I was on pills to delay my menses for me honeymoon not knowing I was preg.

Now I haven't even called the gynae yet, should be able to have an appmt first 2 weeks og March I guess.

Since she's on vitamins I guess it fine... but again I'm not really sure. As long as u both feel comfortable :)

Everyday I'm feeling so tired. Just back from my first gynea appointment. Saw a 2cm sac. Can't see baby yet (so I guess I shld be in my 4th weeks) 2nd appointment will be 2 weeks later after CNY on the 24th. Hope by then my bb will still be fine. In the mean time, morning I'm taking my folic acid and nite time I will be taking the utrogestan. Gd luck to everyone.

I am planning to let my wife see Dr Heng Tung Lan from Parkway East Hospital. Heard she is good and saw many good reviews online with small number of bad reviews. Anyone here also have got Dr Heng as their gynae?

Hello! First time here and first post! Tested Positive (twice) on sunday. So i guess im pregnant? But holding the gynea visit till after cny cos im only about 5wks now and my friend (with #3 on the way), told me its still early,even my GP told me so. And so, we are kinda holding the news till we visit the gynea (we got a false alarm once. So... yea)

Anyway anyone got any gynea to recommend? Im such a noob.

I'm seeing Dr Irene Chua.. her fees are on the high side I feel..
You can see Dr Goh Shen Li at Mt A.. heard her fees are ok.. she's my fren gynae at kkh
Both gynae open their own clinic, both from kkh previously

Hello MTBs!

Wouldn't say it's too late.
If u wanna see baby and heartbeat for yr 1st scan, shld go when she's Abt 8 wks. That will be a good timing.

Meantime take folic acid which is more impt.

I've been havig like cramps (mild) like feeling for a couple of days. Isit normal? The kind like.. as if you got a tummy ache :S

I've been havig like cramps (mild) like feeling for a couple of days. Isit normal? The kind like.. as if you got a tummy ache :S

Hi pinnpinn. I have been experiencing this for my second also. I checked with the doc and she said its normal. As long you don't see any spotting, you should be fine. I did a bit of goggling also. They said it may be due to the fetus growing inside.. needed more room:)

Hi pinnpinn. I have been experiencing this for my second also. I checked with the doc and she said its normal. As long you don't see any spotting, you should be fine. I did a bit of goggling also. They said it may be due to the fetus growing inside.. needed more room:)

Thanks! Im worried cos this is my #1 and i dont know whats wrong. My 1st gynea visit is only gonna be after cny cos im only supposingly at my 5th week. Furthermore im travelling to beijing next tuesday so not sure if i sld schedule one before i fly (but i guess there might not be any slots left)

Thanks! Im worried cos this is my #1 and i dont know whats wrong. My 1st gynea visit is only gonna be after cny cos im only supposingly at my 5th week. Furthermore im travelling to beijing next tuesday so not sure if i sld schedule one before i fly (but i guess there might not be any slots left)

Im flying next wed also.. they said its okay.. they reason why they recommend no flight esp during the 1st tri is that there might not be anyone to attend to you if anything happens. My 1st appt is on 6th Mar:)

Hihi everyone, I'm halfway between freaking out and being delighted as I just got a BFP this morning. Have been suspecting for a while when I missed my menses but peesticks always come up negative, until today. This will be bb #2, my #1 is also a little baby snakie :) So glad to join the gang here. I actually made an appt to see my gynae this Friday coz I wanted to find out why i'm late, guess now there's a different reason to see him, but am wondering if it's too soon?

I saw my gynae v early on for my previous pregnancy coz I had a miscarriage and then had trouble conceiving for a long time, so we wanted to stablise the pregnancy as soon as we could. Not sure if I should take the same kiasu measures again this time. Any advice please?

Hi gals,

I am also experiencing these symptoms too....with mild cramps, slight change in taste buds and dizziness....

I also think as long as no bleeding or spotting, should be fine :)

Hihi everyone, I'm halfway between freaking out and being delighted as I just got a BFP this morning. Have been suspecting for a while when I missed my menses but peesticks always come up negative, until today. This will be bb #2, my #1 is also a little baby snakie :) So glad to join the gang here. I actually made an appt to see my gynae this Friday coz I wanted to find out why i'm late, guess now there's a different reason to see him, but am wondering if it's too soon?

I saw my gynae v early on for my previous pregnancy coz I had a miscarriage and then had trouble conceiving for a long time, so we wanted to stablise the pregnancy as soon as we could. Not sure if I should take the same kiasu measures again this time. Any advice please?
Hi seraphinee,

I think it is good for you to see ur gynae early as he can give you some medicine to stabilize the baby. Meanwhile, rem to take your folic acid every day, drink more water, fish, fruits and veggies :D

You will be fine, I'm sure :)

Im contemplating between Dr Woo Bit Hwa, Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Irene chua. Any recommendations? Dr Woo is the cheapest and apparently his stitching skills is very good, though he's not as famous as the other 2

I mean. I *think* Dr Woo is the cheapest base on what ive read online. He got package that starts from week 12 while the rest is aroubd week 16? Or week 20

Im contemplating between Dr Woo Bit Hwa, Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Irene chua. Any recommendations? Dr Woo is the cheapest and apparently his stitching skills is very good, though he's not as famous as the other 2
I'm with Dr Irene.. I followed her from kkh.. but her fees not cheap..

I hv all of any symptoms any pregnant w
I have all the symptoms any preg woman had. Its quite a torture for me atm. Just hope all the 'sufferings' will bring me a healthy bb, tats all im asking for..

By the way, any of you feel cold? My wife have been feeling cold more often these days. not sure if that is normal.

Hi seraphinee

It's better to see yr Gynae ASAP so that she can gives u some meds to stabilize the pregnancy.
I had MC last June and Gynae advised me to call her immediately shld I get pregnant so that she can prescribed Duphaston to me..

By the way, any of you feel cold? My wife have been feeling cold more often these days. not sure if that is normal.

i feel cold all the time too and i didnt rem feeling like that for #1. i cannot find the courage to step into the pool these days :(

Oh ya, just sharing. Ytd I went to my first Gynea check up ya~ I went to Dr John Yam at JP. Total cost $220. Is this normal price range? 5 mins 1st consultation = $110, 1 min scan = $80 and my 2 wks of utrogestan = $30. =/ Care to share how are your costs??

I do feel cold at night.
Not sure if it's the weather.

Daytime I'm okay..
I do feels cold all the time. Like I say i have all the symptoms. ='((
i feel cold all the time too and i didnt rem feeling like that for #1. i cannot find the courage to step into the pool these days :(

Ok Thanks ladies. Just wanna make sure it is normal to feel cold. Esp since my wife usually dont get cold often.

Back