(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

Your wifey feeling better?

Same here but I feel is all worth it in the end of the day.
Anything for bb is all worth it.
Hi all, thanks for asking. She's still admitted in hospital for monitoring. Bleeding is slower with clots but no signs of stopping yet. Doctor also can't say what's really the cause of the bleeding except to keep watch and giving hormones medication. Seems like going to stay in hospital for quite a while. Going for a scan later as instructed by the doctor. Pray that everything will be OK soon.

Starting may be hard to bring two kids along but I am sure you will manage fine after awhile. :) Think from another point of view, faster get the kids out, they are close in age, they grow up together and very soon you will have responsible kids all grown up to go travelling together and by then, you will still have enough energy! :)

Yes quite true. This morning I was thinking hopefully by then the older 1 is more guai already, then will be easier to travel with 2 young kids. Cos basically the baby just need to be fed will zzz a lot too.

Our so-called best (most relaxing) trip with my girl was when she was 3 months old. Then she really just sleep and eat mostly, but I had to pump quite often still. Despite that, both hubby and I got to finish our novels, my hubby brought 3 along lol...

But for now, on trips, even reading magazine in peace is not quite possible lol... but it's fun to see her enjoying it all and we try our best to build in little RnR for ourselves. Life really change quite a fair bit with kid/s.

Though I still feel that it's good to start travelling young, as they are less demanding still... now my girl will have more requests and mood swings, starting to get more tiring on trips if we don't manage her well. When they are still baby-ish, can just put them into a baby carrier and off u go, u are the boss. Now, the kiddo is the quasi-boss lol...

Hi all, thanks for asking. She's still admitted in hospital for monitoring. Bleeding is slower with clots but no signs of stopping yet. Doctor also can't say what's really the cause of the bleeding except to keep watch and giving hormones medication. Seems like going to stay in hospital for quite a while. Going for a scan later as instructed by the doctor. Pray that everything will be OK soon.

Some people went on to bleed for quite abit here and there, throughout their pregnancy.
You guys will be okie, rest well and take care. You too, need to rest and be strong to support and take care of your wife.
Hope everything will be fine soon and that your can go home. :)

Yes quite true. This morning I was thinking hopefully by then the older 1 is more guai already, then will be easier to travel with 2 young kids. Cos basically the baby just need to be fed will zzz a lot too.

Our so-called best (most relaxing) trip with my girl was when she was 3 months old. Then she really just sleep and eat mostly, but I had to pump quite often still. Despite that, both hubby and I got to finish our novels, my hubby brought 3 along lol...

But for now, on trips, even reading magazine in peace is not quite possible lol... but it's fun to see her enjoying it all and we try our best to build in little RnR for ourselves. Life really change quite a fair bit with kid/s.

Though I still feel that it's good to start travelling young, as they are less demanding still... now my girl will have more requests and mood swings, starting to get more tiring on trips if we don't manage her well. When they are still baby-ish, can just put them into a baby carrier and off u go, u are the boss. Now, the kiddo is the quasi-boss lol...

That's true.. when they are very young, they cant demand much! Hehe. But I can foresee that my husband will cut my holidays... LOL.

If even your doctor said that, then you really need to relax so that baby won't feel stress too. :) baby is a gift and many people yearns for it. So now that we are given this gift, we must cherish and do our best to protect the baby and make the baby happy. :)

It is nice that your hubby is so assuring then just relax your mind and go with the flow. When I was trying for a baby, I was also thinking, would probably have to give up holidays and restaurants when the baby comes along. But I think it is worth it.. If we save up and keep ourselves healthy, next time can still go for holidays when the kids are older but once we passed the age and the 'timing' then it may be hard for babies to come along.

Nowadays I listen to how people talk about their children, be it small or already grown up, I feel kind of touched. You can see how their eyes sparkle when they talk about their kids and you feel that kids are really a continuation of our dreams and hopes. :)

So sweet of your hubby to download dramas for you. :) Enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to a healthy baby, okie? Last night I was telling my husband, I better enjoy this golden period now, nx time when baby is out, maybe I become slave liao and baby will be the king/queen in his eyes. lol. :D

heee...may not get so many special treatments when preggy with no.2 too. So must treasure this 'honeymoon' period now.

Now when I talk to hubby abt no.2 he will be busy with my girl, reading or singing or playing. To be honest I feel I can't quite get enough attention from him at times but that's life, lesser and lesser quality time, really have to manage everything well and try to create more hours outta the day.

With no.1, hubby used to download movies etc on iPad for me, now with no.2 he is still ok, no downloading but will direct me to the app haaa...

That's true.. when they are very young, they cant demand much! Hehe. But I can foresee that my husband will cut my holidays... LOL.

ya I think big holidays will be harder. Aim for small ones :) Gotta keep our interests and hobby going :) If can go for the first short trip with the baby, then all will be history. First is always the hardest, can plan something very simple, staycation nature.

Now we are also trying to keep with with our pre-kid lifestyle. Not so much of going out with friends anymore, but more on sports, I guess it's nice and relaxing. Hubby used to go night cycling with his buddies and bowling with colleagues weekly. My girl and I will join in the bowling (show face only). But I realised since she turned 2, these hasn't been happening much. Maybe everyone getting more exhausted now. But it's good to keep things going and the wheels churning.

Restaurants and holidaying expenses will greatly reduced, cos no time ma...so for single income, I feel it's not a great concern when it comes to these 2 lifestyle choices. Maybe need to cut down on branded buys too but sahm really quite busy, not much time to shop la esp when the baby is still so little. There's more danger for working mummies when it comes to shopping cos can shop during lunchtime and after work keke :)

We will pray that everything goes well for u too.
Pray to ur religion. I went down to Waterloo st and prayed too when I have a difficult first tri.
Take care and keep us updated. Our thoughts are with u.

Is there any aug whatapps grp to chat so i can ask instead of fb n forums

Our admin is busy now. Already informed her. :D

Thanks all for kind wishes. Just finish ultrasound not long ago. Baby is 55mm in size and having heartbeat. Seems like after all this ordeal he can still jump ard. Ward doctor says bleeding likely cause by fibroid. Now monitoring

glad baby is ok. tc. ask ur wife to rest well

Last edited:
If even your doctor said that, then you really need to relax so that baby won't feel stress too. :) baby is a gift and many people yearns for it. So now that we are given this gift, we must cherish and do our best to protect the baby and make the baby happy. :)

It is nice that your hubby is so assuring then just relax your mind and go with the flow. When I was trying for a baby, I was also thinking, would probably have to give up holidays and restaurants when the baby comes along. But I think it is worth it.. If we save up and keep ourselves healthy, next time can still go for holidays when the kids are older but once we passed the age and the 'timing' then it may be hard for babies to come along.

Nowadays I listen to how people talk about their children, be it small or already grown up, I feel kind of touched. You can see how their eyes sparkle when they talk about their kids and you feel that kids are really a continuation of our dreams and hopes. :)

So sweet of your hubby to download dramas for you. :) Enjoy your pregnancy and look forward to a healthy baby, okie? Last night I was telling my husband, I better enjoy this golden period now, nx time when baby is out, maybe I become slave liao and baby will be the king/queen in his eyes. lol. :D
Yes. U r rite. When u r preg, ppl will show concern for u. When bb is out, ppl show concern abt bb n forget the pain tat the mother went through.

Ask u all..

For confinement after birth u all do at in laws place or own hse

For me currently staying at inlawis hse... but my mum wans me do confinement at her hse

My hubby give straight NO to my mum last week when she ask politely.....

Abit rude hor

Do ur hubby allow to confinement there?

Hope everything is ok and will stabilise soon!

i scanned last sat on 12 weeks preg and doc told me there's a fibroid in my womb...anyone experince with this kind of situation before?if its grow,will i gv birth to premature baby? I just pray nothing serious and hope dis coming preganancy will go on smoothly..

watsapp group also same group or mummies as fb? Or only for certain group? Eg mummies staying in specific region?

Some mummies in the whatsapps are also in the fb group. Mainly r the mummies in this thread :D

Ask u all..

For me currently staying at inlawis hse... but my mum wans me do confinement at her hse

Abit rude hor

Don't think any hub will say no because is our own mum ><"
What's ur hub's reason for saying no?

i scanned last sat on 12 weeks preg and doc told me there's a fibroid in my womb...anyone experince with this kind of situation before?if its grow,will i gv birth to premature baby? I just pray nothing serious and hope dis coming preganancy will go on smoothly..

A few friends of mine have smooth pregnancies with fibroids, never hinder the growth but then must see where's the location of the fibroid too.

wow I love your pre pregnancy plan :)

I have a very simple wish ever since I got preggy with no.1, that is to ski. Been putting on hold since no.1 and almost flew to Hokkaido last Jan to ski. Ended up hubby isn't that keen, so we went to Hokkaido in July instead for the lavender season, without the kiddo..!! gosh, what a liberation lol... evil parents.

So now I'm hoping when my girl turns 5, we'll be able to go for a family ski trip, let her start on the lessons then. Waiting until neck super long. Used to ski every winter when I was living overseas, lifestyle is really quite different here :)

But I must say overseas trip without the kiddo is divine, perhaps because we look after her 24-7, no help from our parents. so such trip is a very welcoming real break for us. I wonder if this will be possible with no.2 :(

We brought our girl to Melb when she was abt 9 months old...ended up being a slave to her routines lol... but luckily she napped longger hours there (maybe it's the nice cooling weather) so we had some gd cafe breaks and shopping during those times. Car rides was bad, too much driving for her, the moment she saw the car seat, she started acting out lol... Arghhhh....

So ever since melb, we told ourselves, no more long haul trips with her lol. So far the short trips are proving to be very good, the 3d2n and 4d3n sort. Short enough to feel refreshed and rejuvenated, but not long enough to be tired out by her cos kids can get more cranky/tired as the trip gets longer.

This weekends we are gg for a staycation across the border, buy cny goodies, wash and clean up the car, take a little break. Seriously wondering how life gonna be like with another new addition.
I super love my pre preggers plan too! Hahaha. Plan was Bali for a month to surf, yoga in India for a 200hr course, Germany to visit a friend, New York to visit family, Hawaii to surf again, finally Japan then home. Very lucky that I booked as I go along so only booked up to India. Halfway through Bali, I came home..

I'm envious that you've been on trips sans kiddo! My girl is still bfing so there's no way we're going anywhere without her for a while.. She flat out rejects bottles. Cry until she vomits every single time! Sigh. We took her to Maldives, Phuket and Australia though. It was challenging but we were quite lucky that she flies well. For #2, I'm hoping so much that he/she will take bottle. Ideally, #1 somehow self-wean and #2 take bottle. Woohoo!

Ask u all..

Abit rude hor

Will be moving bk to my mom place when in the last couple of weeks before delivery.. my hubby no choice.. coz he knows that his parents house is in no condition for confinement or for the baby to stay.. haha.. Heng ah..

Ask u all..

Abit rude hor

Hmm.. I was living with in laws during my last pregnancy so I tthought my in laws might feel slighted if I went to my mom's. Especially since my mil and fil are retirees... In retrospect, i should have gone back to my mom's. I was feeling exhausted and wounded and wasn't really myself or in the mood to be polite to everyone.. I guess foul mood won't sour mother-daughter relationships as much as it would for mil-dil. you should definitely discuss the arrangements with your husband.

heee...may not get so many special treatments when preggy with no.2 too. So must treasure this 'honeymoon' period now.

Now when I talk to hubby abt no.2 he will be busy with my girl, reading or singing or playing. To be honest I feel I can't quite get enough attention from him at times but that's life, lesser and lesser quality time, really have to manage everything well and try to create more hours outta the day.

With no.1, hubby used to download movies etc on iPad for me, now with no.2 he is still ok, no downloading but will direct me to the app haaa...

Yes. U r rite. When u r preg, ppl will show concern for u. When bb is out, ppl show concern abt bb n forget the pain tat the mother went through.

Agree.. I think after baby is out or when no. 2 comes along, no such good privilege. That's why I tell my husband that I must enjoy this golden period. Next time I am just slave only. haha.

babe, i hv a close gf who had fibroid for yrs before she was preggy..

She gave birth to a healthy gal in mid 2013..

Doc did a general anesthetic on her during the birth & remover firbiod at the same time.

But it grew back & become bigger recently this yr.. Her tummy there abit bloated.. so she say after cny she might go remove again.

Just last week she mention to me doc tel her if fibroid too big or complicated or to 100% clear the fibroid, maybe hv to remove her womb..

She hear liao so :( , cos she still want 1 more kid.

I didn't think of the idea that can go back to parents/in-laws house to do confinement. Can we? Because I was thinking, do we need to let baby get used to the environment and also most of the baby stuff will be in our home, right? Will it be inconvenient to move or have another set of cot, baby supplies in another house?

babe, i hv a close gf who had fibroid for yrs before she was preggy..

She gave birth to a healthy gal in mid 2013..

Doc did a general anesthetic on her during the birth & remover firbiod at the same time.

But it grew back & become bigger recently this yr.. Her tummy there abit bloated.. so she say after cny she might go remove again.

Just last week she mention to me doc tel her if fibroid too big or complicated or like 100% clear the fibroid, maybe hv to remov her womb..

She hear liao so :( , cos she still want 1 more kid.

Hope for your friend that she can be okie, don't need to remove her womb and can have another kid before any permanent removals.

Babyalisya, I agree with sane that the location of the fibroid matters. Some has also said that as long as you managed to conceive while having fibroids, it usually won't give you too much problems unless it grows and hinders baby. Hoping for you that everything will be okie.

r ur in laws working, especially mil?

If they r not working, so maybe ur hub will feel since all along u staying wif them, y need to go back own mum plc for confinement.

But if in laws are working, & ur mum is not, perhaps u can discuss wif hub tat ur mum can delicate more time & attention.

& also if go back own mum plc for confinement, i will feel more comfortable..

Ask u all..

Abit rude hor

I guess sometimes the mil or own mum may not wan to come over to ur place cos of location or other reasons..

Unless one engage confinement lady then of course can do in the comfort of own home..

Anyway is 1 month nia, i dun think bb will notice difference in the environment. I also not sure

I didn't think of the idea that can go back to parents/in-laws house to do confinement. Can we? Because I was thinking, do we need to let baby get used to the environment and also most of the baby stuff will be in our home, right? Will it be inconvenient to move or have another set of cot, baby supplies in another house?

She cant hv a 2nd baby now cos the fibroid is taking up alot of space in the womb area..

So need to remove it completely before doc give the 'go-ahead' ..

Hope for your friend that she can be okie, don't need to remove her womb and can have another kid before any permanent removals.

I guess sometimes the mil or own mum may not wan to come over to ur place cos of location or other reasons..

Unless one engage confinement lady then of course can do in the comfort of own home..

Anyway is 1 month nia, i dun think bb will notice difference in the environment. I also not sure

But how about cot and all the baby things? Move to the mil or mother's place?
Sounds abit troublesome... hmm.
I don't know, I think some babies 'learn' fast when it comes to being difficult.. LOL.

She cant hv a 2nd baby now cos the fibroid is taking up alot of space in the womb area..

oh dear... hopefully it won't be to the extent of needing to remove her womb.

Hmmm.. Actually i also not sure if hv to bring cot over.. I think hv to lah or else bb sleep where??

Me no do confinement before so duno how things shd be done. Certain things if have to bring over means have to bring over.. Troublesome also no choice..

Hubby assembly & dismantle mah.. Haha..

We staying on my own.. Mum volunteer to do confinement for me.. I say okay. Then tat day my hub told me mil abt tis.. She say okay, beta also cos her leg got '风湿' & 'gout' , sometimes if pain diff to even walk.

But my mum is working part time.. So i worry she cannot dedicate 100% to me.. Haha.. Somemore my mum can tel me 'hmmm, i might not be very good at doing confinement hor' . :confused::confused:

So recently i contemplating a confinement lady..

I have a gf who give birth to 2 & she used a CL, So i tot if asking her for more info..

But how about cot and all the baby things? Move to the mil or mother's place?
Sounds abit troublesome... hmm.
I don't know, I think some babies 'learn' fast when it comes to being difficult.. LOL.

somemore my gf is still not bery old yet. Ard 35, 36..

She tel me if remove womb, means menopause, will age damn fast..

& also sex life wif hub also affected one.. :oops:

So is not just about giving birth again..

Many issues will arise.

I had fibroid that was 8cm by 6cm and need to remove by c sec since it was very close to womb area. Experienced gynae played a big part. Suggest to have 2nd doc opinion on the womb removal.

Hmmm.. Actually i also not sure if hv to bring cot over.. I think hv to lah or else bb sleep where??

Me no do confinement before so duno how things shd be done. Certain things if have to bring over means have to bring over.. Troublesome also no choice..

Hubby assembly & dismantle mah.. Haha..

We staying on my own.. Mum volunteer to do confinement for me.. I say okay. Then tat day my hub told me mil abt tis.. She say okay, beta also cos her leg got '风湿' & 'gout' , sometimes if pain diff to even walk.

But my mum is working part time.. So i worry she cannot dedicate 100% to me.. Haha.. Somemore my mum can tel me 'hmmm, i might not be very good at doing confinement hor' . :confused::confused:

So recently i contemplating a confinement lady..

I have a gf who give birth to 2 & she used a CL, So i tot if asking her for more info..

In that case, maybe you want to consider having a CL ba. It is quite an important period of time to rest. Your mother can come in and help when she is free but can leave main bulk of things to CL.
Just a suggestion.

somemore my gf is still not bery old yet. Ard 35, 36..

She tel me if remove womb, means menopause, will age damn fast..

& also sex life wif hub also affected one.. :oops:

So is not just about giving birth again..

Many issues will arise.

As for ageing wise... hmmm, I know of people who removed their womb and they still bao yang de not bad.
And I read online before that some people shared that removal of wombs did not really affect their sex life, some reasons that they gave were that there are still nerves so can still feel things. But these are just shared by people online so also not sure.
But in any case, things may not turn out too be that bad. Agree with jayjass that maybe your friend can seek a 2nd opinion. :)

If no CL, means the grandparent has to sleep with baby at night during confinement. Depends on if they can take it or not cos can only sleep abt 2-3 hrs then need to wake up and feed again, very tiring for older folks. Good to buy Bu for them too.

Mummy will need to sleep well during confinement but usually will have to wake up to pump once at least, some will choose to breastfeed in the middle of the night too. So at best mummy sleeps abt 4hrs then have to wake up to pump, if chooses to not breastfeed in middle of night.

Once confinement finishes, usually the baby will sleep with mummy, that's when the real deal comes. Typically the last feed for baby is about 10-11pm, thereafter mummy will pump, so mummy will sleep at about 12am plus. Then mummy will wake up at about 2am to feed baby (or earlier if baby still drinks every 2 hourly), then about 4am mummy wakes up to pump, after pump, about time to feed baby again, so mummy will sleep at about 5 plus, then wake up 7am or so to feed baby again. Above is just an estimate...not an easy schedule.

That's why it's important to get ample rest during confinement period. Will take a tow on the body after confinement if hasn't rest and Bu well during confinement.

Mummies can oso aim to wean baby off night feed after 3rd month, I feel it's sooooo the thing to do. Otherwise really quite terrible to get sub quality sleep over aclong period of time.

For my no.1, at 3rd month I started stretching her 3am feed (last feed 11am) slowly to abt 6-7am by the 4th month. There are books and online resources about this. Can read on this too. Then I stretch my pump time to 6am too (last pump 11pm plus). So at least can sleep about 6 hrs straight. BUT baby wil fuss at night so still gotta wake up and check things out on and off. No more beauty sleep heee...

So let's enjoy the honeymoon period now :) :) :)

I'm starting to get more episodes of headache these days. I read that it's the preggy hormones. Anyone experiencing this too?

Thanks for your sharing Vermont. I also think rest is really important during confinement. Just worried that will get a bad CL lady. Personally, I feel maybe quite taxing on parents/in-laws to do confinement.

I do get headaches on and off. But sometimes, mine is literally the head pain.. some parts of the back of my head.

Thanks for your sharing Vermont. I also think rest is really important during confinement. Just worried that will get a bad CL lady. Personally, I feel maybe quite taxing on parents/in-laws to do confinement.

I do get headaches on and off. But sometimes, mine is literally the head pain.. some parts of the back of my head.

Last week mine was like migraine. This week is milder but so unbearable. Mine is usually the front of the head down to the nose area. As is ms isn't enough :(

Sighh...CL can only pray for the best. Word of mouth is very important, and pro breastfeeding. If u have a live in maid, maybe it will get easier for the CL too. Have you reserved one?

Last week mine was like migraine. This week is milder but so unbearable. Mine is usually the front of the head down to the nose area. As is ms isn't enough :(

Sighh...CL can only pray for the best. Word of mouth is very important, and pro breastfeeding. If u have a live in maid, maybe it will get easier for the CL too. Have you reserved one?

No, am still looking for one. And I am not intending to get a maid yet so will just have to rely on CL.

No, am still looking for one. And I am not intending to get a maid yet so will just have to rely on CL.

I see. As long as CL gets sufficient time with baby and mother chores, plus rest, should be ok. Good if hubby can help out with some housework too.

Cos I feel the marketing, food storage/ preparation, cooking chores, washings are quite a lot, besides having to feed baby every 2 hourly at the beginning. But babies usually sleep quite well first 2 weeks, so once they KO...will hv time to do chores and help clean up the house etc. Closer to 1 month, babies get more alert, starts to sleep lesser, so will need to 'entertain' them a bit, a busier time normally.

If need CL to help with general household chores, can do so in the first 2 weeks. My sis's CL cleaned up her whole house in those 2 weeks :) including the windows and curtains. She oso doesn't have a live in maid.

For my first pregnancy i know i got fibroid when i went for the first scan at week4.. throughout the pregnancy i keep bleeding and spotting from week8 onward.. gynae say is due to fibroids.. sadly to say baby heartbeat stop when i went for the week18 scan.. and i have a mid term miscarriage.. when the fibroid was first scan it was 4cm.. when i was in the 4th mth it grow to 7cm..

Well.. i do read that some will have no problem with fibroid and carry baby to full term..

Dun worry too much first dun let ur mood affect baby.. all the best..

If no CL, means the grandparent has to sleep with baby at night during confinement. Depends on if they can take it or not cos can only sleep abt 2-3 hrs then need to wake up and feed again, very tiring for older folks. Good to buy Bu for them too.

Mummy will need to sleep well during confinement but usually will have to wake up to pump once at least, some will choose to breastfeed in the middle of the night too. So at best mummy sleeps abt 4hrs then have to wake up to pump, if chooses to not breastfeed in middle of night.

Once confinement finishes, usually the baby will sleep with mummy, that's when the real deal comes. Typically the last feed for baby is about 10-11pm, thereafter mummy will pump, so mummy will sleep at about 12am plus. Then mummy will wake up at about 2am to feed baby (or earlier if baby still drinks every 2 hourly), then about 4am mummy wakes up to pump, after pump, about time to feed baby again, so mummy will sleep at about 5 plus, then wake up 7am or so to feed baby again. Above is just an estimate...not an easy schedule.

That's why it's important to get ample rest during confinement period. Will take a tow on the body after confinement if hasn't rest and Bu well during confinement.

Mummies can oso aim to wean baby off night feed after 3rd month, I feel it's sooooo the thing to do. Otherwise really quite terrible to get sub quality sleep over aclong period of time.

For my no.1, at 3rd month I started stretching her 3am feed (last feed 11am) slowly to abt 6-7am by the 4th month. There are books and online resources about this. Can read on this too. Then I stretch my pump time to 6am too (last pump 11pm plus). So at least can sleep about 6 hrs straight. BUT baby wil fuss at night so still gotta wake up and check things out on and off. No more beauty sleep heee...

So let's enjoy the honeymoon period now :) :) :)

just discussed with my hubby to request a month AL with me during my confinement. Cuz I have no CL and IL to help me. Will be hiring maid as mentioned before. So probably my hubby can take turns at night to help me or during day time to feed baby. I know we need alot of rest however, I will have to endure. Hopefully I can get full support from my hubby and "panda" eyes together wahahaha....

just discussed with my hubby to request a month AL with me during my confinement. Cuz I have no CL and IL to help me. Will be hiring maid as mentioned before. So probably my hubby can take turns at night to help me or during day time to feed baby. I know we need alot of rest however, I will have to endure. Hopefully I can get full support from my hubby and "panda" eyes together wahahaha....

Yes :) Some hubbies are great CL, there has been many examples of such :) :) I'm sure u both can do it...!!! Even when he goes back to work, he can still help to feed bb in the middle of night, say, help once, so u don't hv to wake up so many times in middle of night, that is if you choose to not latch on in the middle of the night. I've some friends whose babies latch on mostly so they pump fewer times daily but may still need to wake up in the middle of night to pump if the breasts feel too engorged. You will be able to find a recipe that works best for you :) Over time, the feeding/ pump duration will stretch out and hence will gets easier.

One thing that many of my mummy friends advice is that, best to not co-sleep with baby at night, especially the ones who like comfort sucking. Meaning the baby will suka suka wake up anytime in the middle of the night demanding to suckle on mummies nipple, like a pacifier. And when it's co sleeping arrangement, many mummies will give in to comfort sucking cos they are simply too tired to resist, very understandable. Over the longer term, not only will this become a bad habit for the baby (very hard to wean off as baby hasn't learn to self sooth him/herself back to sleep), mummy will also develop very poor quality of sleep. Can be quite detrimental to mummy's health if it prolongs.

For myself, my girl sleeps in the cot from Day 1. So when she wakes up in the middle of night to fuss, we will try a combination of 'crying it out' method and comforting her ourselves, eg carrying her outta the cot, patting her, etc. then slowly, we reduce the carrying and patting, and she gradually learnt how to sleep through the night without waking up asking for 'assistance'.

Many of us used to say babycare is a PHD in itself lol... hair pulling but lotsa satisfaction and fulfillment along the way :) I'm sure we'll get to exchange more tips when Aug comes :) Hope this little spill above has given you a bit more peekaboo look into confinement journey and beyond :) Engage your hubby in the discussion, I'm sure he'll love it :)

My hubby read the What To Expect When You Are Expecting book previously...lol, I force him to of course. it's a great platform to start good sharing and gain common grounds :)

I think we are somehow of the same plight, with my no.1, I was oso on my own after confinement, no help from my parents and in-laws at all cos they had to take care of other grandkids/ working. Though my mum helped me with night shifts for 2.5 weeks during confinement which I was very grateful. I'm sure your parents and in laws will pop by once in a while to help out and/ or offer precious advice :) I'm sure you'll ace it especially with your current positive and determined mindset :)

http://www.babycenter.com/0_headaches-during-pregnancy_2035.bc

Above, about headaches during pregnancy.

I got it during no.1 time too. I think I'll have to get my tcm to alter my herbs during next visit.

On the note about massages to relief headaches. I've been made aware that there are 2 accupoints to be avoided. The one that's commonly used, pressing the soft flesh that connects the thumb and index finger, plus the soft fresh between the ankle and heels. These 2 accupoints will cause contractions. So gotta be careful. For non preggers, these accupoints are ok and works well.

I m also looking for CL .. But prefer day time if possible only. Any recommendation of agency? I did not use CL for my 1st bb n I regret a lot. Did not hv sufficient rest n my body aches here n there. This time must 'bu' back what I hv lose..but I read a lot of terrible stories on CL.. Worries!

I m also looking for CL .. But prefer day time if possible only. Any recommendation of agency? I did not use CL for my 1st bb n I regret a lot. Did not hv sufficient rest n my body aches here n there. This time must 'bu' back what I hv lose..but I read a lot of terrible stories on CL.. Worries!

i didnt have cl for #1 and #2 .. doable... but need mil or mum to cook. hb do housework. i tc of baby myself

Back