IVF/ICSI Support Group

Anyone received such a list of Do's & Don't-s after their ET?...
The ivf ctr that I've been doing my ivf at gave me this.

But during my second cycle, my doctor said no malt drinks also! Like milo or Horlicks.... Gahhh
Hi Idazahs, cd u pls share the dos and donts list? Tia!

Aunty and Chrisl, thanks for sharing on the ginger tea. I reckon fresh ones are better, but i like the taste of the taiwanese ones. Think i may stick to the fresh ones when my cycle starts.

Hi queenie122009,

Thanks for the info. It does help me a lot. :)
Is this ur 1st fresh? Mind me asking. Any reason why u r on long protocol (3 weeks)?
Yes, all my blood tests with Dr Loh. Really appreciate u all in giving me all these info. At least i know what to ask Dr Loh when I see him in Mar of my FET. You know la, he doesn't explain or talk much when we see him.

Anyway, I'm planning to go down to KK this week and find out more. If everything seems ok, I'll jus make a consultation appt. Better to get most things in place then to keep thinking about it.Er... is it that I go clinic d and straight away can get consultation? With who huh?

No, my fresh #1 was 3 years ago under Dr Loh (bef he left kkh). I dunno y he got me on long protocol.. I juz go w the flow..

Err.. I dunno if they accept walk-ins @ clinic D wor.. Call tis number to make appt 6294 4050

Curious also, why no malt drink? I still thought milo and Horlick safest. even after ER in kk, they gave milo to drink if I remember correctly.

I was shocked too! Curz during my first cycle of 2ww I drank Horlicks & milk diligently everyday! Milo I avoided because I thought it's got Cocoa in it so I didn't consume. But this time after my ET, my usually very not-so-friendly doc was a bit relaxed Curz I was last patient for ET so I shared with him tht I felt it's stifling not to eat chocolate & avoid my coffee & tea. So we started discussing my diet & he suggested I drink only veggie juice & avoid dairy & wheat products. So milo & Horlicks are malt drinks made out of wheat so to avoid. He said recent research shows it isn't good for body. Plus he said if I wanted to drink Smthg warm, he would recommend hot chocolate (pure chocolate type)... I was like eerrr? So im completely avoiding any warm drinks except water. Later I'll post up the do's & don't Curz my iPhone photo size too large & I can't post

Did they say why no malt drinks? I had milo almost everyday during my tww for my last FET maybe that's why failed haha. Don't know why I didn't think of drinking this round, lucky.

SGH did told me things like avoid cold stuff, cooling fruits, chinese med and herbal soups, all melons, don't stay in bed all day, no exercise etc

During my first cycle I drank Horlicks everyday lor! :-(

Can share the list
hmm I've just told not to have sex, no squatting, no heavy exercises, no raw or half cooked food like sashimi, sushi, half boiled eggs etc. I've taken some milos sometimes too

But I added some things to the list myself lah..like avoid extra spicy foods, not too much tofu etc..

I've actually keep a food diary thruout the years, if you girls like I can share with you girls what I ate during 2ww :)

Can share the list? Aikz...tht day I had to accidentally kneeled Curz a new child was crying in my ctr & refused to follow his teacher & kept on grabbing me. No choice kneel & pacify him. But...if things fall down also I've no one to help me pick it up. Will it affect?

I was shocked too! Curz during my first cycle of 2ww I drank Horlicks & milk diligently everyday! Milo I avoided because I thought it's got Cocoa in it so I didn't consume. But this time after my ET, my usually very not-so-friendly doc was a bit relaxed Curz I was last patient for ET so I shared with him tht I felt it's stifling not to eat chocolate & avoid my coffee & tea. So we started discussing my diet & he suggested I drink only veggie juice & avoid dairy & wheat products. So milo & Horlicks are malt drinks made out of wheat so to avoid. He said recent research shows it isn't good for body. Plus he said if I wanted to drink Smthg warm, he would recommend hot chocolate (pure chocolate type)... I was like eerrr? So im completely avoiding any warm drinks except water. Later I'll post up the do's & don't Curz my iPhone photo size too large & I can't post
I think I will stick to plain water, safest! Thank u for sharing the do & don't!

I see Dr Sadahna as a pte pt. Actually once ivf starts, it's all pte rates. Actually my 1st cycle totally covered by medisave and govt funding, no need to pay cash at all. It was ard 9k. 11 days of injections excluding the trigger. I guess that sd be considered cheap as compared to Dr Loh right?

But i think the coming endo scratch will be charged as pte.

I think you sd be able to get a consultation with Dr Tan HH pretty fast after you call if you are seeing he as pte. Will not be much of a difference as compared to subsidised (pre-ivf) if you do not have to go thru the tests. He stand in Dr Sadahna for my last ER and ET, I find him very friendly and reassuring.

But one thing I'm concerned abt KKH is that the support during 2ww is not strong. Only BT at the end of 2ww.

I'm starting my 2nd fresh end Jan, sticking with KK for the govt funding.
HappyPeanuts,
Are u under Mr Tan HH? If I choose to him as my Dr, is it only consultations will be charged at private fees? Any idea roughly how much is the cost difference for the whole ivf between seeing him specifically and jus see any doc KK put us under?

sorry doesn't mean go private will bfp on 1st try. at kkh some sisters here also bfp at first try but some no.
actually it depends on yr body.. like for me I have high amh and pcos, I cannot be on long protocol at all. I will be over stimulated. I hv to be on short, thats why all the 3 cycles I did is short cycle just jab 8 to 9 days only. then er and et. then 2ww see got bfp anot. v v fast will kbow of u are preggy a not. however if u r new then u need to have some waiting time for an apptm like to do some blood tests or hsg test..

and in the meantime some doc will need u or yr hubby to take some vits.. some may not.. u may take this waiting time to see tcm. I also strongly encourage u to use yr grant before u turn 40.
Yes, Mrs tann. I didn't think I would fail on my 1st fresh so went ahead with private. I was thinking I was ovulating regularly and my cycles of iuis didn't give me no clue that my eggs might be no good, jus no luck with iui.

Can share the list

Can share the list? Aikz...tht day I had to accidentally kneeled Curz a new child was crying in my ctr & refused to follow his teacher & kept on grabbing me. No choice kneel & pacify him. But...if things fall down also I've no one to help me pick it up. Will it affect?

U also in presch field? Lol only we use 'chn in our centre' hehe..understand that we need to go down to chn level just dun squat, u can kneel but slowly lah and dun carry chn! Cos they are heavy! If things fall down, no one pick up then no choice, do it very slowly and not use too much stomach muscles

sorry doesn't mean go private will bfp on 1st try. at kkh some sisters here also bfp at first try but some no.
actually it depends on yr body.. like for me I have high amh and pcos, I cannot be on long protocol at all. I will be over stimulated. I hv to be on short, thats why all the 3 cycles I did is short cycle just jab 8 to 9 days only. then er and et. then 2ww see got bfp anot. v v fast will kbow of u are preggy a not. however if u r new then u need to have some waiting time for an apptm like to do some blood tests or hsg test..

and in the meantime some doc will need u or yr hubby to take some vits.. some may not.. u may take this waiting time to see tcm. I also strongly encourage u to use yr grant before u turn 40.
Yes, Mrs tann. I didn't think I would fail on my 1st fresh so went ahead with private. I was thinking I was ovulating regularly and my cycles of iuis didn't give a clue that my eggs were no good, jus no luck with iui.
Hi littlejo and all silent readers who are looking in govt hospitals for ivf,
To book ,u can just call e general hotline,say u are going for ivf and state e doc u will like to consult with. Then they will give u an appt.

Note that for timeline, There maybe hiccups along e way. Hence i will advise sisters who want to go govt hospital to book an apptment with e hospital fast. Cos after 1st consultation,for kkh i was ask to do bloodtest,a dye scan,hubby sa test,counselling. My appt to see private doc took me 3 weeks although its private patient of kkh.
So as a result,the whole process took 6 mths to ivf date (of cos this is due to jan mth full and along the way i have some family matters to attend to that came unexpected such tt some test along e way was delayed). Also note that some test req yr menses to come then can do (eg e dye scan )

But if there r no hiccups n yr scans and bloodtest all smooth, i guess maybi by 3 mths later from yr wait to see doc u can get to start ivf le.
Connie_hopeful
Thanks for advice. And thanks to all who have also given me advice too. I jus made an appt with Dr Tan HH on 7 Feb (sat). The cost of consultations compared with other Drs really a lot difference ($160 vs $30). My appt on sat. I hope to do my 2nd fresh in May about 2 months aft my FET in Mar. Hope there is no delays.

Ye
No, my fresh #1 was 3 years ago under Dr Loh (bef he left kkh). I dunno y he got me on long protocol.. I juz go w the flow..

Err.. I dunno if they accept walk-ins @ clinic D wor.. Call tis number to make appt 6294 4050
Yeap, i jus called them this afternoon and seeing Mr Tan HH in 07 Feb. Earliest slot for sat. Thanks!

Littlejo, e cost of choose a doc is only apparant before ivf starts. After that,once doc startz u on ivf,all will be private rates.

Sat appt will cost $30 more at kkh.

Bring all yr reports from yr previous doc. Some bloodtest will be valid and u can save e time n money on those tests tt u have already done if they are still within validity date.

Hello. May I see the dos n donts list too? Probably will start my first fresh cycle in Feb and start scrambling for info now. Somehow I just can't afford to fail

Littlejo, e cost of choose a doc is only apparant before ivf starts. After that,once doc startz u on ivf,all will be private rates.

Bring all yr reports from yr previous doc. Some bloodtest will be valid and u can save e time n money on those tests tt u have already done if they are still within validity date.
Connie_hopeful,
I'm still waiting to do my FET in Mar and i jus made an appt with Mr Tan HH in Feb. Are u referring to those reports with the clinic?Not sure if Mr Loh allows me to bring over when I haven done the FET. I'll also bring those of my own.

Connie_hopeful,
I'm still waiting to do my FET in Mar and i jus made an appt with Mr Tan HH in Feb. Are u referring to those reports with the clinic?Not sure if Mr Loh allows me to bring over when I haven done the FET. I'll also bring those of my own.
Hi, i mean e bloodtest reports. You can save some money if u have already done some bloodtest :) bring e 1st fresh report for kkh doc to review.

U also in presch field? Lol only we use 'chn in our centre' hehe..understand that we need to go down to chn level just dun squat, u can kneel but slowly lah and dun carry chn! Cos they are heavy! If things fall down, no one pick up then no choice, do it very slowly and not use too much stomach muscles

Haha! Yeap!...I'm managing a centre. Luckily don't need to run after chn tht much. But Im still moving around. I don't carry them, not even the infants! :-( which is sad...but none of my teachers allow me to carry. Haha! They are suspecting I'm undergoing treatment because of my disappearances from centre so most are quite understanding.

Are u a teacher or centre leader?

Here's the list! Finally managed to upload it! *phew*
Hope it helps u all :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 280
Haha! Yeap!...I'm managing a centre. Luckily don't need to run after chn tht much. But Im still moving around. I don't carry them, not even the infants! :-( which is sad...but none of my teachers allow me to carry. Haha! They are suspecting I'm undergoing treatment because of my disappearances from centre so most are quite understanding.

Are u a teacher or centre leader?

I see ;) i am not working now, actually almost took leadership over a ctr b4 but gave it up as i had to get married in 2007 and relocated overseas. Over there just part time relief as and when the local kindy and after sch care needed help. But recently came back for treatments as i had many unsuccessful tries there..

i cannot upload the menu cos very huge file from my personal blog...maybe those interested can pm me your email? I will send from there ok?

Connie_hopeful,
Hi littlejo there is no reason why the clinic wun provide copies of your records.i askes my clinic for my ivf procedure dosages and they gave me. But I think the blood tests results can req from the hospital medical records if ur private clinic dun keep them. Did they give u a copy before?

I don't know why both fresh for me the scan is so long. This thurs is my first scan since I started stim, which is day 8 so dunno how my ovaries are doing. My first fresh they also got me in for first scan after 6-7 days of stim.

This 2nd fresh I am on long protocol so not sure if it's the norm to have the scan done only on day 8 of stim. I am on lucrin, menopur and puregon.

Maybe tonight go and buy eggs.. Heheh

Syrian, maybe will see u on thurs. I try to be there at abt 730am to beat the crowd. Hehe
Hi hopeful13, mayb bcoz u on long protocol..tats y scan is longer? Did dr say why under long protocol this time?

Im on puregon & menopur only. Is this ur 1st cycle wif kkh? Its my 1st wif kkh this round. Wonder how's the waiting time will be..frm scan til dr review til injection for next dose? I guess the best is ti follow ur suggestion..come early! Haha!

Hi ladies,
I juz want to hear your opinions.. Anyone took tcm herb while doing ivf? is it better wif or without?

I tried to slowly bend knee and kneel down instead to avoid using stomach muscles..coz squatting more or less uses stomach muscles..that is for small things. But for heavy stuffs more than say 1kg i asked others to help me while they are at home..if u working cannot avoid carrying heavy stuffs, can try asking for help say u sprain ur back. I supposed some ppl will help? Actually for embryo to not stick there are many factors..no one can pin point where goes wrong. Dun blame urself k...just take a mental note on avoiding such during next round..
Thanks chrisl, will bear in mind the next time.

I see ;) i am not working now, actually almost took leadership over a ctr b4 but gave it up as i had to get married in 2007 and relocated overseas. Over there just part time relief as and when the local kindy and after sch care needed help. But recently came back for treatments as i had many unsuccessful tries there..
Just curious, where are you located overseas? Are you back alone?

Hi! How's everybody? I had finally done my FET and failed with no embryos left . Anyway this cycle was bad till the very day! Got infection few days prior to my ET!!! dunno what to do now except was asked to rest, exercise n to take DHEA. Anybody taking here? Where to buy and any particular brand?

Hi! How's everybody? I had finally done my FET and failed with no embryos left . Anyway this cycle was bad till the very day! Got infection few days prior to my ET!!! dunno what to do now except was asked to rest, exercise n to take DHEA. Anybody taking here? Where to buy and any particular brand?
Hi janices,welcome back. Still rem me? I did polyp removal on e same day as you. Hugs..hope u are back stronger. I am still waiting for ivf slot in kkh. Think my polyp op a bit wasted since its been 3 months plus already.

Hi janices,welcome back. Still rem me? I did polyp removal on e same day as you. Hugs..hope u are back stronger. I am still waiting for ivf slot in kkh. Think my polyp op a bit wasted since its been 3 months plus already.
Connie, of course!!!! I didn't come in for a while cos very Bz at work n difficult to trace back the long post. And also want to avoid this for a while. Yeah after d&c better to do it asap leh while lining is good. I didn't do the next Mth too because my polyp came back!!! Took med to flush it out n lucky it did disappear but after that got infection. Zzzz

I took TSB's herbs, including during the 2ww. When I BFP-ed, she wanted to take the credit.
Surely all Tcm likes to take credit.
I was under her for a year, and I bfned few times, I don't think she was anywhere near to taking the blame.
U bfp because of your egg quality, not her Tcm.

Jiayou nonetheless!

Hi ladies,
I juz want to hear your opinions.. Anyone took tcm herb while doing ivf? is it better wif or without?

If you are hoping that a few months of Tcm will give you a miracle, I'm not hopeful.
Tcm takes years to have an effect, I feel.
If you want to do for peace of mind, go ahead.

Connie, of course!!!! I didn't come in for a while cos very Bz at work n difficult to trace back the long post. And also want to avoid this for a while. Yeah after d&c better to do it asap leh while lining is good. I didn't do the next Mth too because my polyp came back!!! Took med to flush it out n lucky it did disappear but after that got infection. Zzzz
Wat medicine can flush off e polyp?

My dream: to work in an overseas ctr! Haha. I even contemplated moving to Brunei to teach there but den got married.
Did u go through iui before undergoing ivf?

Hi hopeful13, mayb bcoz u on long protocol..tats y scan is longer? Did dr say why under long protocol this time?

Im on puregon & menopur only. Is this ur 1st cycle wif kkh? Its my 1st wif kkh this round. Wonder how's the waiting time will be..frm scan til dr review til injection for next dose? I guess the best is ti follow ur suggestion..come early! Haha!
Not sure leh, cos my short protocol at kkivf also 2 scans only. First scan on D2 of menses and then the next scan already tell me to prepare to go o&g at night for the trigger jab.

Dr Tan ask me to try long protocol as my first fresh yielded only 5 follicles and all were immature so he wanted me to try long protocol so that's better control of the development of the follicles. He ask me if I am ok to jab myself, if I am ok just bite the bullet and do a long cycle. My first fresh also with kkivf but under Dr Sadhana.

For waiting time, if u are early shld be quite ok. The later u come, the longer u need to wait.

For my first fresh, if I remember correctly, I reach at 8 plus end up I leave at 1 plus leh.. Cos in case medicine not enough, need to go pharmacy again. And depending if u have those remainder medicine that u need the nurse to combine the medicine for the daily jab. Let's see if I will run into u tomorrow. Heheh

Back