IVF/ICSI Support Group

From what I know if u req specifically for dr thh u r treated as private for all pre consultations and tests. But the actual Ivf will be subsidized. Take it from me, kkh will.be much cheaper overall.
Ya. That why I'm thinking gg to KK for my
2nd fresh if I need to. It's real costly if we are to go through more cycles (touch wood). :p

I m fr kkh.. Some tips which I hope ll help:
1st, u need to hv a consultation @ clinic D 1st.. When I try to book an appt w Dr HH Tan @ clinic D in Dec 14, the earliest slot was a month away. Wat I did was I called a few days later to check if anyone withdraw their appt & lucky me, I got a slot the following week..

Earliest slot for ivf now is mar 2015. But u try ur utmost to push for an earlier slot (via Dr loh/ whoever doctor u ll b seeing in kkh/ tell nurse u wan to use the grant etc)

My fresh #1 was long protocol - i reacted ok to the injections & injected approximately 3 weeks. Short protocol in kkh cld b ard 1 week +

Do u hv all ur blood tests results fr Dr loh? Perhaps tt may speed up the process since don't need to repeat tests? No too sure on this though..

Good luck!!
BTW, do u think kk will not take me if they knew I haven gone through my FET? I'm thinking of doing the booking for May slot as early as possible

Wow u have so many frosties...envy! I have none to freeze this round. Yes its a good distraction to work. I'm going crazy at home everyday thinking what to do. But I'm kind of blessed to have a very supportive boss who knows how much effort I've put in just to have a baby so he forced me to stay home and wouldn't even let me work from home.

I had all sorts of cramp and sharp pains last cycle too and end up BFN so trying hard not to think so much this time. Just went for hormone level blood test today and just happy that it's ok. :)
SGH asked u to go back for hormone blood test during tww?

I prefer to go for Mr Tan HH. But then I have to ask how much is the cost. Think still cheaper than going to Dr Loh lor. How about u? U gg to KK soon for ur fresh one too?

I see Dr Sadahna as a pte pt. Actually once ivf starts, it's all pte rates. Actually my 1st cycle totally covered by medisave and govt funding, no need to pay cash at all. It was ard 9k. 11 days of injections excluding the trigger. I guess that sd be considered cheap as compared to Dr Loh right?

But i think the coming endo scratch will be charged as pte.

I think you sd be able to get a consultation with Dr Tan HH pretty fast after you call if you are seeing he as pte. Will not be much of a difference as compared to subsidised (pre-ivf) if you do not have to go thru the tests. He stand in Dr Sadahna for my last ER and ET, I find him very friendly and reassuring.

But one thing I'm concerned abt KKH is that the support during 2ww is not strong. Only BT at the end of 2ww.

I'm starting my 2nd fresh end Jan, sticking with KK for the govt funding.

I see Dr Sadahna as a pte pt. Actually once ivf starts, it's all pte rates. Actually my 1st cycle totally covered by medisave and govt funding, no need to pay cash at all. It was ard 9k. 11 days of injections excluding the trigger. I guess that sd be considered cheap as compared to Dr Loh right?

But i think the coming endo scratch will be charged as pte.

I think you sd be able to get a consultation with Dr Tan HH pretty fast after you call if you are seeing he as pte. Will not be much of a difference as compared to subsidised (pre-ivf) if you do not have to go thru the tests. He stand in Dr Sadahna for my last ER and ET, I find him very friendly and reassuring.

But one thing I'm concerned abt KKH is that the support during 2ww is not strong. Only BT at the end of 2ww.

I'm starting my 2nd fresh end Jan, sticking with KK for the govt funding.
Hi ,which month did you go to book the jan slot? So nice that u managed to get a slot in jan. I book and was told jan is full. :( maybi i book too late. I had book in 1st week of dec for jan slot by e time all e tests and counselling were completed

Hi littlejo and all silent readers who are looking in govt hospitals for ivf,
To book ,u can just call e general hotline,say u are going for ivf and state e doc u will like to consult with. Then they will give u an appt.

Note that for timeline, There maybe hiccups along e way. Hence i will advise sisters who want to go govt hospital to book an apptment with e hospital fast. Cos after 1st consultation,for kkh i was ask to do bloodtest,a dye scan,hubby sa test,counselling. My appt to see private doc took me 3 weeks although its private patient of kkh.
So as a result,the whole process took 6 mths to ivf date (of cos this is due to jan mth full and along the way i have some family matters to attend to that came unexpected such tt some test along e way was delayed). Also note that some test req yr menses to come then can do (eg e dye scan )

But if there r no hiccups n yr scans and bloodtest all smooth, i guess maybi by 3 mths later from yr wait to see doc u can get to start ivf le.

Last edited:
That was your 1st fresh? I'm guessing they only test for repeated failed cases? Coz this is my 2nd fresh.

Oh! Both my previous & this cycle I didn't have to do blood test in between. My first cycle the doctor administered for beta only because I was worried why I had all those cramps & strange pain.

My frosties managed to last despite the sad fact tht they could only retrieve 6 eggs! It was a sad case...my gynae like had no hope. But somehow by grace of God, 5 out of 6 were successfully fertilized. But all used up now.... The fifth one was thawed till day 5 after my secondy FET. It didn't survive Day 5...so none in storage now. I'm too scared to undergo another simulation. I really hope this is a BFP. I am traumatized by needles!! Haha... #life

Hi ,which month did you go to book the jan slot? So nice that u managed to get a slot in jan. I book and was told jan is full. :( maybi i book too late. I had book in 1st week of dec for jan slot by e time all e tests and counselling were completed

Hi Connie, i saw Dr at beginning of Dec 14 for post cycle (failed) consultation, and she booked me for Feb cycle. My period usually start towards end of the mth, but as time goes, my "Feb" period is estimated to start in last week of Jan. I called KK and was advised it's ok to start in last week of Jan.

Which was the date you will start in Jan if they give you a slot?

I have always wonder how KKH keeps their quota- based on start date or ER/ET dates.

What is yr plan now? Starting early Feb? Sorry, with so many sisters in the thread now, i lost track liao.

Hi Ladies, does anyone knows if the taiwanese ready mixed ginger tea(jiang mu cha) is ok to drink during the cycle and 2ww? There's a 4 in 1 version, with ginger, black sugar, red dates and longan.

Hi Ladies, does anyone knows if the taiwanese ready mixed ginger tea(jiang mu cha) is ok to drink during the cycle and 2ww? There's a 4 in 1 version, with ginger, black sugar, red dates and longan.
shd b ok, i drinking that too. but i drink more fresh red date and longan wolfberry drink. that taiwanese jiangmucha is bit too sweet for me .add more water, all taste gone.

Can drink but think not everyday, ask ur tcm doc if u are 'cold' in nature cos if ur body is the warm type, it might hv reverse effect..cos ginger black sugar red dates and longan are all heaty..btw, For me actually i prefer to boil my own fresh as i dun really trust china/taiwan food after all those food chemical saga..but if u are working not much time can try to put in slow cooker cook night before and pour over in thermos next morning and bring to work..

Oh then maybe it's really case by case basis. So if they didn't call me back for support injection means all is ok or not ok? My mind is all over the place now coz duno why some need some no need..thinking maybe they tested nil hcg so no need for support at all etc..my mind is super imaginative in this tww

jmec all the best in ur 2ww :) try to relax and catch up ur sleep, watch shows or do some hobbies..take ur mind off..know it is so difficult but try to ;) keep tummy warm too..

Oh then maybe it's really case by case basis. So if they didn't call me back for support injection means all is ok or not ok? My mind is all over the place now coz duno why some need some no need..thinking maybe they tested nil hcg so no need for support at all etc..my mind is super imaginative in this tww

Hi Jmec, nurse did not call back means everything is ok, dun need additional support..
Try to do something else to distract your mind..I watched HK drama & 爸爸去那儿 all the way during tww...

Hmm..i was asked to go back ard 3 days post et for post et consultation only and my doc ordered a little hcg support jab and nothing else..

Hi Jmec, nurse did not call back means everything is ok, dun need additional support..
Try to do something else to distract your mind..I watched HK drama & 爸爸去那儿 all the way during tww...
Thanks BB, did they call u to go bk for jab that time?

I can't watch any shows relating to kids now I get very emotional haha I watch 康熙来了 and korean drama..

No lei.. They also ask me to go back for progesterone BT check for my 1st cycle. But that was in 2011 lah!!

Jiayou jmec! N oh.. Try to eat some durians too
Thanks! Did u need to go bk for jab that time?

Yes I ate durians haha but Dr Zhao ask me not to eat durians and drink LRD everyday coz too heaty for me.

Hi littlejo and all silent readers who are looking in govt hospitals for ivf,
To book ,u can just call e general hotline,say u are going for ivf and state e doc u will like to consult with. Then they will give u an appt.

Note that for timeline, There maybe hiccups along e way. Hence i will advise sisters who want to go govt hospital to book an apptment with e hospital fast. Cos after 1st consultation,for kkh i was ask to do bloodtest,a dye scan,hubby sa test,counselling. My appt to see private doc took me 3 weeks although its private patient of kkh.
So as a result,the whole process took 6 mths to ivf date (of cos this is due to jan mth full and along the way i have some family matters to attend to that came unexpected such tt some test along e way was delayed). Also note that some test req yr menses to come then can do (eg e dye scan )

But if there r no hiccups n yr scans and bloodtest all smooth, i guess maybi by 3 mths later from yr wait to see doc u can get to start ivf le.

Agree with Connie. Good to make appointment early as u never know what hiccups will occur. For me I did first fresh in apr last year and was suppose to do 2nd fresh in July but with hiccups and other test, my 2nd fresh only commence in Dec.

For those who don't mind paying a bit more for consultation, can see the doc at The Private Suite (TPS). I see Dr Tan HH at TPS, waiting time is abt 30 mins. Any blood test required is done at TPS immediately after consultation. For my first fresh, instead of waiting for kkivf to call me, I walk over to kkivf and made my appt for the counselling. Just show them the documents that doc approve me to start ivf.

However for those seeing Dr Sadhana, she no longer see patient at TPS, only at clinic D. Which was why I switch to Dr Tan.

If this the case, I suspect I will also be on short protocol. Aiya, last time someone told me public hospital is jab 1 whole month so I went straight to private. She also said alot of her friends successful on 1st try. So i also tot I would most likely be successful on 1st try. Very ignorant. Didn't find put more from the Internet, like here. But actually I was also afraid to know so much... I have the tendency to over think

sorry doesn't mean go private will bfp on 1st try. at kkh some sisters here also bfp at first try but some no.
actually it depends on yr body.. like for me I have high amh and pcos, I cannot be on long protocol at all. I will be over stimulated. I hv to be on short, thats why all the 3 cycles I did is short cycle just jab 8 to 9 days only. then er and et. then 2ww see got bfp anot. v v fast will kbow of u are preggy a not. however if u r new then u need to have some waiting time for an apptm like to do some blood tests or hsg test..

and in the meantime some doc will need u or yr hubby to take some vits.. some may not.. u may take this waiting time to see tcm. I also strongly encourage u to use yr grant before u turn 40.

Hi hopeful13, yay hello buddy!
Im wif KKH wif Dr Tan HH. U wif who & where?
Hello buddy!! Same as u.. Under Dr Tan HH. Going for my scan this thurs which will likely tell me when I will do ER Liao.. R u taking any egg whites now? I have not taken any for this round. Wonder if it's too late for me to start now.

Thanks! Did u need to go bk for jab that time?

Yes I ate durians haha but Dr Zhao ask me not to eat durians and drink LRD everyday coz too heaty for me.

SGH protocol is no call means no action required.. So if they nvr call you aft BT means no additional support required.. Not easy, but try to. Relax. If still find time difficult to get by go for short shopping trip.

Hello buddy!! Same as u.. Under Dr Tan HH. Going for my scan this thurs which will likely tell me when I will do ER Liao.. R u taking any egg whites now? I have not taken any for this round. Wonder if it's too late for me to start now.
Hi hopeful13, me too gg for day 5 scan this thur. Perhaps we might run into each other there. So far hows ur follies? Gd numbers?

Btw did they tell u how many is ur afc? they juz said "some"follies for me..

I have not taken any egg whites this cycle too..mayb wait til scan results. Dun like the taste but i ate lotsa egg whites last cycle! Dun think its late for u to start now. As long b4 ER, still go chance rite?

Anyone received such a list of Do's & Don't-s after their ET?...
The ivf ctr that I've been doing my ivf at gave me this.

But during my second cycle, my doctor said no malt drinks also! Like milo or Horlicks.... Gahhh

But during my second cycle, my doctor said no malt drinks also! Like milo or Horlicks.... Gahhh
Did they say why no malt drinks? I had milo almost everyday during my tww for my last FET maybe that's why failed haha. Don't know why I didn't think of drinking this round, lucky.

SGH did told me things like avoid cold stuff, cooling fruits, chinese med and herbal soups, all melons, don't stay in bed all day, no exercise etc

Did they say why no malt drinks? I had milo almost everyday during my tww for my last FET maybe that's why failed haha. Don't know why I didn't think of drinking this round, lucky.

SGH did told me things like avoid cold stuff, cooling fruits, chinese med and herbal soups, all melons, don't stay in bed all day, no exercise etc
what type of hot drink is more recommended for daily intake?

Hi hopeful13, me too gg for day 5 scan this thur. Perhaps we might run into each other there. So far hows ur follies? Gd numbers?

Btw did they tell u how many is ur afc? they juz said "some"follies for me..

I have not taken any egg whites this cycle too..mayb wait til scan results. Dun like the taste but i ate lotsa egg whites last cycle! Dun think its late for u to start now. As long b4 ER, still go chance rite?
I don't know why both fresh for me the scan is so long. This thurs is my first scan since I started stim, which is day 8 so dunno how my ovaries are doing. My first fresh they also got me in for first scan after 6-7 days of stim.

This 2nd fresh I am on long protocol so not sure if it's the norm to have the scan done only on day 8 of stim. I am on lucrin, menopur and puregon.

Maybe tonight go and buy eggs.. Heheh

Syrian, maybe will see u on thurs. I try to be there at abt 730am to beat the crowd. Hehe

Curious also, why no malt drink? I still thought milo and Horlick safest. even after ER in kk, they gave milo to drink if I remember correctly.

Hi Nakano, I'm also new here, but starting slightly later, in March.
May I know if you are both Singaporean couple? I'm a PR, my husband is Singaporean. Not sure if the cost are the same or not.

Lititia remembered you were asking the above q... im Singaporean while hubby is foreigner so my grant only very little. My whole ivf-icsi short fresh cycle in NUH as pte patient costs around $12k (inclusive of blood tests, scans, freezing x3 sperm samples, freezing 1 embryo-vitrification-new method, hysteroscopy+endo scratch, consultations, vitamins, medications, procedure costs, OT/ER costs etc. So minus ard $2400+(gov grant) and $6k(medisave 1st time), I needed to come up with cash on hand around $3k+ cash..Just to share:)

Last edited:

hmm I've just told not to have sex, no squatting, no heavy exercises, no raw or half cooked food like sashimi, sushi, half boiled eggs etc. I've taken some milos sometimes too

But I added some things to the list myself lah..like avoid extra spicy foods, not too much tofu etc..

I've actually keep a food diary thruout the years, if you girls like I can share with you girls what I ate during 2ww :)

hmm I've just told not to have sex, no squatting, no heavy exercises, no raw or half cooked food like sashimi, sushi, half boiled eggs etc. I've taken some milos sometimes too

But I added some things to the list myself lah..like avoid extra spicy foods, not too much tofu etc..

I've actually keep a food diary thruout the years, if you girls like I can share with you girls what I ate during 2ww :)
Hi chrisl, how do you avoid squatting during 2ww? Can't even pick up stuff on the floor? Wondering if it's one of the reason why I bfn.

Hi chrisl, how do you avoid squatting during 2ww? Can't even pick up stuff on the floor? Wondering if it's one of the reason why I bfn.
I tried to slowly bend knee and kneel down instead to avoid using stomach muscles..coz squatting more or less uses stomach muscles..that is for small things. But for heavy stuffs more than say 1kg i asked others to help me while they are at home..if u working cannot avoid carrying heavy stuffs, can try asking for help say u sprain ur back. I supposed some ppl will help? Actually for embryo to not stick there are many factors..no one can pin point where goes wrong. Dun blame urself k...just take a mental note on avoiding such during next round..

Back