IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hmm thats true. Guess the cost scares me haha. One fet in mount e was 4 or 5k, no subsidy.
Understand where u coming from,my 1st fresh was at private. E cost was big compared to govt.
Tt time i tried to enquire to transfer my my hub frozen sperms to kkh,kkh dun wanna accept. So i think most prop they do not allow external 'items'. Reason for them to reject our item was due to e thomson mix up sega that happens yrs ago.

Happy peanut,
Ya, I'm a teacher. Weekday I wake up at 5 plus for work. So Bo bian. And it's not easy for us to take leave, really need to minimize it. Any teacher out there care to share ur ivf treatment n coping with sch work n taking mc or time off?

Does yr school management know abt you undergoing ivf?

Understand where u coming from,my 1st fresh was at private. E cost was big compared to govt.
Tt time i tried to enquire to transfer my my hub frozen sperms to kkh,kkh dun wanna accept. So i think most prop they do not allow external 'items'. Reason for them to reject our item was due to e thomson mix up sega that happens yrs ago.
Hmm will check with kkh. Cos this is a full embryo so maybe the rules are different? Haha hopefully. Otherwise I gotta run back and forth and change doctors so disruptive.

Do a fresh cycle with the grant n medisave.
Yah thats an option too. Just thought dun waste the frozen one. I trying yo avoid ivf cos of high risk of ohss. I overreacted to the lowest dose of gonal f and spent 4 days in hosp zzzzz. And in the end the yield was lousy only 3 good embies even though u got like 40 follies growing. But if dr say fresh is best choice I will do it despite the discomfort and risks!!!

Mqiu, are you scheduled for medicated FET?
Hi! Nope am booked for first consultation with dr thh at kkh end jan. frozen is at mount e. Now just weighing my options and doing research. Last time I went in blindly and end up wasting time and lots of money. Now that I got abit more patience I want to take a step back before jumping into anything.

Hi! Nope am booked for first consultation with dr thh at kkh end jan. frozen is at mount e. Now just weighing my options and doing research. Last time I went in blindly and end up wasting time and lots of money. Now that I got abit more patience I want to take a step back before jumping into anything.
Ur dr should be able to advise the grade of embryo and from there you can decide do thaw or fresh. Two embryo yields a certain percentage of success, 1 will give you lower success, and 1 thaw might give u even lower rate. So get your advice from drs first.

Ur dr should be able to advise the grade of embryo and from there you can decide do thaw or fresh. Two embryo yields a certain percentage of success, 1 will give you lower success, and 1 thaw might give u even lower rate. So get your advice from drs first.
Yah that reminds me I gotta find all my old records and sort it through. Thx for the gd advice!

Hmm will check with kkh. Cos this is a full embryo so maybe the rules are different? Haha hopefully. Otherwise I gotta run back and forth and change doctors so disruptive.
Hi all called kkh to check. They dun accept all incoming zzzz. Means if I wanna do fet gotta go back to mount e.

Hi all called kkh to check. They dun accept all incoming zzzz. Means if I wanna do fet gotta go back to mount e.
Yes. They are very strict in certain thgs. Guess its to protect patients n e hospital.like i reqest to push forward my ivf cycle 1 mth to jan,die die also cannot. Even doctor also cant help

But i think you do at mount e is safer for e embryo as it mininise e risk of transportation. Since it is just 1 left.

Yes. They are very strict in certain thgs. Guess its to protect patients n e hospital.like i reqest to push forward my ivf cycle 1 mth to jan,die die also cannot. Even doctor also cant help

But i think you do at mount e is safer for e embryo as it mininise e risk of transportation. Since it is just 1 left.
Yah I called mount e they said the embryo quality is average only. So have to weigh the chances of thawing v fresh cycle. Eh but why push forward cannot leh?

Hi gals,
I'm thinking of gg to KK hospital maybe this may or jun. Currently under Dr Loh. Jus to recap - I failed my 1st fresh last Dec and planning to go for FET this Mar. Wanted to do in Feb but due to CNY holidays, think better not.

I dun have much confidence in my FE so I'm already thinking of back up plan. As I'm 39, I'm hoping to go KK at least i can get to claim some grant before I turn 40 this Aug. Need u gals to provide some general info on the following.

1) assuming if I walk in today, how long is the waiting period before I actually start the ivf (afraid my ivf process may cross over my birthday month and hence will affect my claim)
2) normally for ivfers in KK, how many needles per day and how long are the injections? Under Dr Loh, i only injected 9 days. I heard from someone that there're cases of patients from non-privte injecting for a whole month!

Hi gals,
I'm thinking of gg to KK hospital maybe this may or jun. Currently under Dr Loh. Jus to recap - I failed my 1st fresh last Dec and planning to go for FET this Mar. Wanted to do in Feb but due to CNY holidays, think better not.

I dun have much confidence in my FE so I'm already thinking of back up plan. As I'm 39, I'm hoping to go KK at least i can get to claim some grant before I turn 40 this Aug. Need u gals to provide some general info on the following.

1) assuming if I walk in today, how long is the waiting period before I actually start the ivf (afraid my ivf process may cross over my birthday month and hence will affect my claim)
2) normally for ivfers in KK, how many needles per day and how long are the injections? Under Dr Loh, i only injected 9 days. I heard from someone that there're cases of patients from non-privte injecting for a whole month!
I am not from KKH but you might also want to call up NUH and SGh to concurrently check their queues in case KKH has a super long queue.

Hi gals,

Dear littlejo,
I think it's critical for you to do your Ivf before ur 40th birthday as subsidy is quite hefty.
I would think age is counted from the day you start injection ( better to confirm with kk) but in case any delay happens along the way, it's best to register as many months before august as possible.

If you only inject 9 days, sounds like short protocol. Yes, long prot requires as long as 1 month injection as there is a "down phase", varies with individuals. So not all kk patients will have the same length of injections.

Yah I called mount e they said the embryo quality is average only. So have to weigh the chances of thawing v fresh cycle. Eh but why push forward cannot leh?
If cost of FET at mount e and cost of fresh (after subsidy) in kk is about the same, I will go for the latter.
Average means how many cell? Do they have grading system? I'm sure if u pay big bucks in mount e, "average" can't be their only answer right.

Hi gals,

Hi! 1 month is very long for stimulation phase if thats what they were referring to. Also weird cos if stim too long the eggs will overcook, so to speak or the lady will get ohss. Hmm maybe their cases are special?

Hi gals,

Hi u can emphasize on your age when u call kkh to make appt. They may be able to slot U in. You can also let the dr know and he or she may be able to push a slot for u. I did manage to get an early slot when I tell dr my age.

Those who jab for one mth are doing long protocol. Yours is short protocol.
And yes I agree U should use your grant to do a cycle before crossing over to 40. Dr Loh can help write a letter if u ask him for it.

Yah thats an option too. Just thought dun waste the frozen one. I trying yo avoid ivf cos of high risk of ohss. I overreacted to the lowest dose of gonal f and spent 4 days in hosp zzzzz. And in the end the yield was lousy only 3 good embies even though u got like 40 follies growing. But if dr say fresh is best choice I will do it despite the discomfort and risks!!!
why not try a fresh cycle then? I also had 2 frosties from 3rd fresh but opted to do a fresh cycle with a new hospital and succeeded in this try:)

Hi gals,

Im not sure abt kk but for nuh my case last year called and booked ard june, 1st appointment in late aug then was positive about 8 weeks later in oct..i had short protocol this time so only took ard 10 days jabs. 5 days of 1 inj + 5days of 2 inj. But bear in mind each of us different as our follicals grow differently at different raes..you might or might not need so many jabs. Do call and say cos of your age wise u dun want to waste time, get the earliest slot available..good luck!

it depends on which protocl u are on? all my 3 cycles under different doc at kkh, I inject abt 8 to 9 days since im on short protocol. waiting time u better ask kkh as u need to allocate some time to do tests as well.

Hi!...I'm super new to this forum. Decided to join as I can't endure my 2ww without being able to share or discuss with anyone..curz most ppl I know aren't undergoing ivf. Anyone here on their 2ww?
This is my 2nd cycle of FET...my 1st cycle was a BFN :-( Crushed me real badly...tht I decided to go back to work during this cycle of 2ww :(

Littlejo, do you intend to go in as private or subsidised case for pre-ivf consultation?

I reckon only after the Dr consultation and probably tests then Dr can advise you on the month that you can start yr cycle.

Hi ashley 11,

Can i check with u, u went to which ivf centre in bangkok? I m thinking of going oversea for ivf n thinking of thailand but duno which centre to choose. Thank u.

Hi u can emphasize on your age when u call kkh to make appt. They may be able to slot U in. You can also let the dr know and he or she may be able to push a slot for u. I did manage to get an early slot when I tell dr my age.

Those who jab for one mth are doing long protocol. Yours is short protocol.
And yes I agree U should use your grant to do a cycle before crossing over to 40. Dr Loh can help write a letter if u ask him for it.

Hi Jumbo girl,

Thanks for replying. When u said ask Dr Loh write letter, is it to write to KK asking them to give me an earlier slot? Can be done? Er... but I gg to another hospital, will it sound funny to request?

Im not sure abt kk but for nuh my case last year called and booked ard june, 1st appointment in late aug then was positive about 8 weeks later in oct..i had short protocol this time so only took ard 10 days jabs. 5 days of 1 inj + 5days of 2 inj. But bear in mind each of us different as our follicals grow differently at different raes..you might or might not need so many jabs. Do call and say cos of your age wise u dun want to waste time, get the earliest slot available..good luck!
If this the case, I suspect I will also be on short protocol. Aiya, last time someone told me public hospital is jab 1 whole month so I went straight to private. She also said alot of her friends successful on 1st try. So i also tot I would most likely be successful on 1st try. Very ignorant. Didn't find put more from the Internet, like here. But actually I was also afraid to know so much... I have the tendency to over think

Hi!...I'm super new to this forum. Decided to join as I can't endure my 2ww without being able to share or discuss with anyone..curz most ppl I know aren't undergoing ivf. Anyone here on their 2ww?
This is my 2nd cycle of FET...my 1st cycle was a BFN :-( Crushed me real badly...tht I decided to go back to work during this cycle of 2ww :(
Hi idazahs, I'm in my 2ww too! ET last thurs so its my 4dp3dt today :) All the best to u!

Hi idazahs, I'm in my 2ww too! ET last thurs so its my 4dp3dt today :) All the best to u!

Yay to 2ww. My ET was on last Tuesday... I'm at 6dp3dt. Is this ur first cycle? Any symptoms yet?...haha.
I'm waiting to feel any symptoms. Right now all I feel are slight cramps now & then.
Good luck to u too!!

Yay to 2ww. My ET was on last Tuesday... I'm at 6dp3dt. Is this ur first cycle? Any symptoms yet?...haha.
I'm waiting to feel any symptoms. Right now all I feel are slight cramps now & then.
Good luck to u too!!
Had a failed fresh and FET, this is my 2nd fresh. Had mild cramps now and then too and sharp pains in my left and right lower abdomen thru out yesterday and abit tdy. Don't know what to think..may be the duphaston or recovering from ER or ET..should be still early for implantation. Are u on HL or u went back to work?

Hi gals,

I m fr kkh.. Some tips which I hope ll help:
1st, u need to hv a consultation @ clinic D 1st.. When I try to book an appt w Dr HH Tan @ clinic D in Dec 14, the earliest slot was a month away. Wat I did was I called a few days later to check if anyone withdraw their appt & lucky me, I got a slot the following week..

Earliest slot for ivf now is mar 2015. But u try ur utmost to push for an earlier slot (via Dr loh/ whoever doctor u ll b seeing in kkh/ tell nurse u wan to use the grant etc)

My fresh #1 was long protocol - i reacted ok to the injections & injected approximately 3 weeks. Short protocol in kkh cld b ard 1 week +

Do u hv all ur blood tests results fr Dr loh? Perhaps tt may speed up the process since don't need to repeat tests? No too sure on this though..

Good luck!!

Had a failed fresh and FET, this is my 2nd fresh. Had mild cramps now and then too and sharp pains in my left and right lower abdomen thru out yesterday and abit tdy. Don't know what to think..may be the duphaston or recovering from ER or ET..should be still early for implantation. Are u on HL or u went back to work?

Oh oh! Yea during my first cycle I had sharp pain & at my 6dp3dt I had a nagging pain on my right side & it continued for days. I went in to see my gynae who thought its a urine infection & also did a beta. For such an early beta, it was good. At the grey zone meaning implantation took place. But sadly at the 2 week beta, it was a straight out BFN. Was so crushed after tht I went into depression. :-(

First one was FET. This is also FET. Both sets of embryos are from my first retrieval last year. For my first cycle I was on 2 weeks HL but since it failed this time round I only took 3 days HL. I'm back at work since Friday. Part of me feels the distraction is good but another part of me worries why I took this decision to go back to work!!

Thts
1st, u need to hv a consultation @ clinic D 1st.. When I try to book an appt w Dr HH Tan @ clinic D in Dec 14, the earliest slot was a month away. Wat I did was I called a few days later to check if anyone withdraw their appt & lucky me, I got a slot the following week..

Earliest slot for ivf now is mar 2015. But u try ur utmost to push for an earlier slot (via Dr loh/ whoever doctor u ll b seeing in kkh/ tell nurse u wan to use the grant etc)

My fresh #1 was long protocol - i reacted ok to the injections & injected approximately 3 weeks. Short protocol in kkh cld b ard 1 week +

Do u hv all ur blood tests results fr Dr loh? Perhaps tt may speed up the process since don't need to repeat tests? No too sure on this though..

Good luck!!

Thts one reason I decided on private route: the long waiting time. But private is sooo ex. Sigh. The trials to have a child!

Oh oh! Yea during my first cycle I had sharp pain & at my 6dp3dt I had a nagging pain on my right side & it continued for days. I went in to see my gynae who thought its a urine infection & also did a beta. For such an early beta, it was good. At the grey zone meaning implantation took place. But sadly at the 2 week beta, it was a straight out BFN. Was so crushed after tht I went into depression. :-(

First one was FET. This is also FET. Both sets of embryos are from my first retrieval last year. For my first cycle I was on 2 weeks HL but since it failed this time round I only took 3 days HL. I'm back at work since Friday. Part of me feels the distraction is good but another part of me worries why I took this decision to go back to work!!
Wow u have so many frosties...envy! I have none to freeze this round. Yes its a good distraction to work. I'm going crazy at home everyday thinking what to do. But I'm kind of blessed to have a very supportive boss who knows how much effort I've put in just to have a baby so he forced me to stay home and wouldn't even let me work from home.

I had all sorts of cramp and sharp pains last cycle too and end up BFN so trying hard not to think so much this time. Just went for hormone level blood test today and just happy that it's ok. :)

Littlejo, do you intend to go in as private or subsidised case for pre-ivf consultation?

I reckon only after the Dr consultation and probably tests then Dr can advise you on the month that you can start yr cycle.
I prefer to go for Mr Tan HH. But then I have to ask how much is the cost. Think still cheaper than going to Dr Loh lor. How about u? U gg to KK soon for ur fresh one too?

Wow u have so many frosties...envy! I have none to freeze this round. Yes its a good distraction to work. I'm going crazy at home everyday thinking what to do. But I'm kind of blessed to have a very supportive boss who knows how much effort I've put in just to have a baby so he forced me to stay home and wouldn't even let me work from home.

I had all sorts of cramp and sharp pains last cycle too and end up BFN so trying hard not to think so much this time. Just went for hormone level blood test today and just happy that it's ok. :)
I prefer to go for Mr Tan HH. But then I have to ask how much is the cost. Think still cheaper than going to Dr Loh lor. How about u? U gg to KK soon for ur fresh one too?
From what I know if u req specifically for dr thh u r treated as private for all pre consultations and tests. But the actual Ivf will be subsidized. Take it from me, kkh will.be much cheaper overall.

Good luck!!
Hi queenie122009,

Thanks for the info. It does help me a lot. :)
Is this ur 1st fresh? Mind me asking. Any reason why u r on long protocol (3 weeks)?
Yes, all my blood tests with Dr Loh. Really appreciate u all in giving me all these info. At least i know what to ask Dr Loh when I see him in Mar of my FET. You know la, he doesn't explain or talk much when we see him.

Anyway, I'm planning to go down to KK this week and find out more. If everything seems ok, I'll jus make a consultation appt. Better to get most things in place then to keep thinking about it.Er... is it that I go clinic d and straight away can get consultation? With who huh?

Back