IVF/ICSI Support Group

Connie, I started my cycle already. Last week started lucrin jab. Hopefully this time round will make it through to ET. But my boss going on 2 weeks leave which I suspect will coincide with ER and ET date and so it means I will need to go back to work. Hope everything goes well!!

Was actually quite dishearten few weeks back with hubby sis. Hubby told his sis we are doing ivf and the family being very staunch Catholics started telling us that we Shld try naturally and gave me a book published for church that ivf is "illicit"!! I was so mad.. If we can conceive naturally would have conceive 6 years ago loh.. Told my hubby to stop keeping them updated about our ivf journey. But I have calm down now but seeing them in different light now. Just don't understand y people want to impose their idea and religion on what we do. It's so easy for them to say try naturally when they can pop just like that. Arrghh

Ok shall stop ranting. The new year bring new hope!! :):)
Yo friend,so nice u started already! I wanted to start last week at kkh for my dec book mth but kkh rejected me. As they insist my day 1 is not 27 dec cannot do.( I was on short cycle).
Dun bother with other pp sayings or nonsense. Just relax n walk e journey. Only we know y we are in this ivf. Who doesnt want to conceive naturally?if its no choice,i would not even want to consider ivf with injecting myself n going through e op at all . Pp who have no problems will not understand

Yo friend,so nice u started already! I wanted to start last week at kkh for my dec book mth but kkh rejected me. As they insist my day 1 is not 27 dec cannot do.( I was on short cycle).
Dun bother with other pp sayings or nonsense. Just relax n walk e journey. Only we know y we are in this ivf. Who doesnt want to conceive naturally?if its no choice,i would not even want to consider ivf with injecting myself n going through e op at all . Pp who have no problems will not understand
Yah loh shall not be bothered with them. At least hubby say if they ever say nonsense again he will tell them off.

Then when can you start your cycle? Take this time to rest and relax and build your body for pregnancy. :)

Yah loh shall not be bothered with them. At least hubby say if they ever say nonsense again he will tell them off.

Then when can you start your cycle? Take this time to rest and relax and build your body for pregnancy. :)
I oso dunno. Kkh book me for feb as they say jan is full. Feb maybi will tio cny period. Pleading with them jan but they insist go by e book. Now is waiting game. Feel like my polyp/scarring op in oct is like a bit wasted with all this waiting.
Anyway,enough abt me. All e very best to you! Happy 2015 n may yr mummy wish come true! :)

Last edited:
ya, and alot of people thought ivf very easy, success rate very high..they only hear the successful cases around them. they didnt know what we have to go thro. wanto explain takes long time and they wont understand. their usual remark wil be- so and so did ivf too ,one time kena, go la go do, easily get twins .
btw connie, i stil dun understand y kk rejected u based on the day one thingy. so important meh? if u r doing fresh, they jus need to make sure there is a flow to confirm it is really menstration thats all. they dun wan people to come say af here but it is actually not menses. day one scan may not see alot of things clearly, so they ask us go day two . for natural fet, they also wana make sure it is af and that they wont miss any surge or any follicles change .

ya, and alot of people thought ivf very easy, success rate very high..they only hear the successful cases around them. they didnt know what we have to go thro. wanto explain takes long time and they wont understand. their usual remark wil be- so and so did ivf too ,one time kena, go la go do, easily get twins .
btw connie, i stil dun understand y kk rejected u based on the day one thingy. so important meh? if u r doing fresh, they jus need to make sure there is a flow to confirm it is really menstration thats all. they dun wan people to come say af here but it is actually not menses. day one scan may not see alot of things clearly, so they ask us go day two . for natural fet, they also wana make sure it is af and that they wont miss any surge or any follicles change .

Hi old aunty,its becos kkivf only open for octyte retrival on 5 jan. They calculated and worried i may be able to do retrieval at day 10 of my menses,which is 3 jan sat n their kkivf not open yet,so they rejected me.
Guess govt hospital is just being safe. Becos i dun think retrieval can be so early as in day 10 with 7 days of injection..anyway maybi a blessing in disguise as my husband is sick today n having sore throat. Maybi its fated to be this way

Last edited:
Hi old aunty,its becos kkivf only open for octyte retrival on 5 jan. They calculated and worried i may be able to do retrieval at day 10 of my menses,which is 3 jan sat n their kkivf not open yet,so they rejected me.
Guess govt hospital is just being safe. Becos i dun think retrieval can be so early as day 10 with 7 days of injection..
oic..yalo, considering day 10 as er day is bit too kiasu hor.
well, guess there is a time and place for everything. btw i know u r a strong lady, all these little hiccups wont defeat u. look fwd to feb then. may this year be an exciting year in this forum where we get lots of gd news lots of golden baby dusts

JennaW, congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

For sisters who are interested, you can get belly warmers from daiso, those used for travelling. Actually not very thick, just like cardigan material wrapped around tummy.

Hi HappyPeanuts.. The belly warmer..R u referring to this ?

Attachments

• 1420103998327.jpg
    1420103998327.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223
there is a belly warmer shorts from daiso whc i find is bettr.similar as wat rac bow showed us but its a pair of shorts.the normal tummy warmer tt looks lik a tube wil curl and move upwards end up cldnt really keep the lower abdominal warm .and becareful when choosing belly warmer from daiso. some r made of some wool lookalike material that keep shedding. i had to keep vacuumg the floor hee...

Happy new yr to everyone. I going for my 2nd fresh ivf at kkivf centre in march. I will told by Dr go do endo scratch 1 week b4 menses come. So i think not all Dr will recommend endo scratch.

In sgh, Dr yu su ling is famous for ivf baby....

Dr ysl is the center director for sgh care, as with dr Sadhana for kkh. though ultimately, understand that at sgh, the protocol for each patient is determined at team level by the ivf doctors jointly.

Happy new yr to everyone. I going for my 2nd fresh ivf at kkivf centre in march. I will told by Dr go do endo scratch 1 week b4 menses come. So i think not all Dr will recommend endo scratch.

In sgh, Dr yu su ling is famous for ivf baby....

Hi, may I ask who ur ivf Dr is? I m seeing Dr Tan of kkivf & I wld like to request for endo scratch to b done too. I hope to do my fresh #2 in mar as well.. Let's jiayou together!

hi to drop a little encouragement to spur you ladies on..

I've also a long way since married in 2007 (well not really tried ttcing right away but 1.5-2 years later) HB had testicular cancer before and undergone chemo so swimmers very much effected. Thus docs gave us straightaway icsi. Did the followings:
#1 fresh long cycle overseas - bfn with no frozen
#2 fresh long cycle overseas- bfp but miscarried at 11.5 weeks, some frosties
#some FETs (medical + natural) overseas- Unsuccessful - some thaw fail some lining bad, or no ovulation etc
#3 fresh long cycle overseas - bfn with 2 frozen still
#4 fresh short cycle NUH - bfp twins with 1 frozen still
in between the waitings we tried natural which many times gave me chemical pregnancies and I miscarried soon after.
Took some years of eating well and exercising on wii games and also drinking lots of water, some supplements (hb some supplements like tribestan/vigor ace/CoQ+ nuts like peanuts/walnuts,cut down coffee) (me folic acid/CoQ10/royal jelly in ampore form+other supplements sometimes) Also drinking raspberry tea with honey/chicken essence on some days, LRD tea, self brew ginger drink with brown sugar and Bazhen soup every month after my AF finished.
This successful cycle I had:
1) hysteroscopy
2) unintended/unplanned endo scratch cos doc did without telling me
3) hubby had pure dried cordecyps pounded to powder to take with water a few weeks before treatment-he didn't take the antibotics the hospital prescribed cos not enough time
4) short fresh cycle and a non hcg inj as flare trigger as doc said try short as I always hv long b4 see how this turns out+pill to lower prolactin level cos my level quite high 700+
5) much more progesterone support during 2ww and after +jabs since bfp
6) Brazil nuts 1st thing in the morning during 2ww on empty stomach washed down with water (I had previously too but not in the morning)
7) Rest rest and rest
8) Prayed and just let God..in a way made peace with ourselves and God..not angry not happy just neutral emotions and feelings, cos we had already signed up for adoption course.
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
2) take lrd tea everyday just 2x the 2ww
3) healing
These above are me and my hb's journey in ttcing..we are still counting a day at a time though now bfp...cos we will nvr be relieved until we hv a live birth. Ttcing is like a road full of ups and downs, there will be tears, there will be fears, there will be uncertainties, there will be times when we will ask ourselves is this the way we want to live our lives? Are we sure we can do without children? Must talk it over and over...come to terms even if you are too tired to try then take your next step. Just have to have this mindset that TTCing is not all of your life...even if don't succeed in 1st try, not end of the world, cry over and treat yourself/hubby good, maintain the good relationship. Treat yourselves to ice cream/alcohol/coffee/tea/movie dates sometimes then pick yourselves up and try again when ready. Try another hospital/doctor. Just keep the positive-ness.

My hubby and myself took these:
https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?CatID=216&ProdSKU=882800310E

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?CatID=210&ProdSKU=993490216

http://oceanhealth-singapore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_1&products_id=126

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?ProdSKU=993050060&CatID=216

I have some extras to let go (inclusive of some foc unuse hpt sprinkled with twin bbdusts with purchase-1st come 1st served as limited numbers) + puregon pen in box foc

1) ocean health b-complex with vit c and CoQ10 60 tablets - Usual on webpage $40.90 (i'm letting go at $30) -expiry 06/2015
2) Kordel CoQ10 60mg- Usual on webpage $69.90 for 4 bottles (I'm letting go at $55 for 3 bottles unopened + 1 bottle opened but taken only a few)- expiry end 2015
3) Crinone progesterone gel x 7sticks (i'm letting go at $12 per stick) - expiry 2016
4) Estrofem tablets 14 tablets ($7 for all) - expiry 2016

all the best in the new year! For new year brings new hope!

Last edited:

I've also a long way since married in 2007 (well not really tried ttcing right away but 1.5-2 years later) HB had testicular cancer before and undergone chemo so swimmers very much effected. Thus docs gave us straightaway icsi. Did the followings:
#some FETs (medical + natural) overseas- Unsuccessful - some thaw fail some lining bad, or no ovulation etc
in between the waitings we tried natural which many times gave me chemical pregnancies and I miscarried soon after.
Took some years of eating well and exercising on wii games and also drinking lots of water, some supplements (hb some supplements like tribestan/vigor ace/CoQ+ nuts like peanuts/walnuts,cut down coffee) (me folic acid/CoQ10/royal jelly in ampore form+other supplements sometimes) Also drinking raspberry tea with honey/chicken essence on some days, LRD tea, self brew ginger drink with brown sugar and Bazhen soup every month after my AF finished.
1) hysteroscopy
3) hubby had pure dried cordecyps pounded to powder to take with water a few weeks before treatment-he didn't take the antibotics the hospital prescribed cos not enough time
4) short fresh cycle and a non hcg inj as flare trigger as doc said try short as I always hv long b4 see how this turns out
6) Brazil nuts 1st thing in the morning during 2ww on empty stomach washed down with water (I had previously too but not in the morning)
7) Rest rest and rest
8) Prayed and just let God..in a way made peace with ourselves and God..not angry not happy just neutral emotions and feelings, cos we had already signed up for adoption course.
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
3) healing
These above are me and my hb's journey in ttcing..we are still counting a day at a time though now bfp...cos we will nvr be relieved until we hv a live birth. Ttcing is like a road full of ups and downs, there will be tears, there will be fears, there will be uncertainties, there will be times when we will ask ourselves is this the way we want to live our lives? Are we sure we can do without children? Must talk it over and over...come to terms even if you are too tired to try then take your next step. Just have to have this mindset that TTCing is not all of your life...even if don't succeed in 1st try, not end of the world, cry over and treat yourself/hubby good, maintain the good relationship. Treat yourselves to ice cream/alcohol/coffee/tea/movie dates sometimes then pick yourselves up and try again when ready. Try another hospital/doctor. Just keep the positive-ness.

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?CatID=216&ProdSKU=882800310E

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?CatID=210&ProdSKU=993490216

http://oceanhealth-singapore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_1&products_id=126

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?ProdSKU=993050060&CatID=216

I have some extras to let go (inclusive of some foc unuse hpt sprinkled with twin bbdusts with purchase-1st come 1st served as limited numbers) + puregon pen in box foc

1) ocean health b-complex with vit c and CoQ10 60 tablets - Usual on webpage $40.90 (i'm letting go at $30) -expiry 06/2015
2) Kordel CoQ10 60mg- Usual on webpage $69.90 for 4 bottles (I'm letting go at $55 for 3 bottles unopened + 1 bottle opened but taken only a few)- expiry end 2015
3) Crinone progesterone gel x 7sticks (i'm letting go at $12 per stick) - expiry 2016

Your story is very inspiring and all the best to u in your pregnancy. When is your delivery?

1) hysteroscopy
4) short fresh cycle and a non hcg inj as flare trigger as doc said try short as I always hv long b4 see how this turns out
7) Rest rest and rest
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
3) healing

Chrisl, you are one strong gal! Very inspiring story. Thank you for sharing with us your story to spur us on. I wish you a smooth pregnancy & delivery!

1) hysteroscopy
7) Rest rest and rest
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
3) healing

Chrisl, you are one strong gal! Very inspiring story. Thank you for sharing with us your story to spur us on. I wish you a smooth pregnancy & delivery!

1) hysteroscopy
7) Rest rest and rest
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
3) healing

Your inspiring story came at the right time for me. IVF is such a stressful journey! Just did my scan, I only have 2 measurable follicles and tdy is my day 8 of stimms and will be doing my ER on Mon. Really worried that my cycle will be cancelled this round. Trying hard to stay positive. I shall have faith in God and let him do the wonders for me.

All the best to u and all here who's TTC!

Hi ladies,

I will be having my 1st consultation with Dr Tan Heng Hao KKIVF next week. I am prepared to do ivf with him. I am so gan jiong as I have lots of uncertainties in IVF.

Anyone here can share the experience and advise on ivf? How long does the whole ivf process take? Is there any pain on injections, ER and ET? I am sooooo lost! :(

Your inspiring story came at the right time for me. IVF is such a stressful journey! Just did my scan, I only have 2 measurable follicles and tdy is my day 8 of stimms and will be doing my ER on Mon. Really worried that my cycle will be cancelled this round. Trying hard to stay positive. I shall have faith in God and let him do the wonders for me.

All the best to u and all here who's TTC!

Are u taking organic egg whites?

1) hysteroscopy
4) short fresh cycle and a non hcg inj as flare trigger as doc said try short as I always hv long b4 see how this turns out+pill to lower prolactin level cos my level quite high 700+
7) Rest rest and rest
This cycle I didn't
1) have any TCM at all
3) healing

Babe!! Congrats once again.. We have "known" each other since 2011 and I m really v v happy for u!!

Yes I've been taking 3 daily since start of injections and up to 5 2 days ago..

U believe in acupuncture? If so quickly call dr Zhao at raffles to do last min accu. She has a few points to help wif egg growth. But I warn u.. They r painful. But it works lah

U believe in acupuncture? If so quickly call dr Zhao at raffles to do last min accu. She has a few points to help wif egg growth. But I warn u.. They r painful. But it works lah
Actually I tried Dr Zou for accu for my FET earlier this year but didn't work..didn't go for a single session this round..duno if its too late for accu now? I'm going for ER on Mon already..

Actually I tried Dr Zou for accu for my FET earlier this year but didn't work..didn't go for a single session this round..duno if its too late for accu now? I'm going for ER on Mon already..

Dr Zhao n dr zou accu is totally different. 1 session of accu at raffles ard $120 ( I think). If u dun mind just trying 1 last attempt I think can give it a shot. Dr Zhao only does the finger accu aft my 2nd n 3rd scan during the cycle

Dr Zhao n dr zou accu is totally different. 1 session of accu at raffles ard $120 ( I think). If u dun mind just trying 1 last attempt I think can give it a shot. Dr Zhao only does the finger accu aft my 2nd n 3rd scan during the cycle
Oh thanks for the clarification, can I have Dr Zhao contact pls?

Oh thanks for the clarification, can I have Dr Zhao contact pls?

63112388. They are opened till 630 today. If apptment is full tell the receptionist that u r IVF patient n u MUST see her today. They will ask dr Zhao n squeeze u in.. When u see her say u got egg growth issues and ask if u can do the finger accu..

Hi ladies,

I will be having my 1st consultation with Dr Tan Heng Hao KKIVF next week. I am prepared to do ivf with him. I am so gan jiong as I have lots of uncertainties in IVF.

Anyone here can share the experience and advise on ivf? How long does the whole ivf process take? Is there any pain on injections, ER and ET? I am sooooo lost! :(
on how long the whole ivf is it depends on whether if doc put u on long or short protocol. As the name suggests, short is faster as it dun hv suppression stage and long slower as it has a suppression stage.
I dun know abt kkh cos im with nuh-for my case short protocol from 1st appointment in late aug14 to er/et in early oct then by end oct I was preggy already. Didn't hv to wait long for myself at nuh.

General advise is to eat well balanced meals but cut down carbo, more proteins like eggs and fish during stimulation(inj) stage, some ppl go tcm/accupuncture concurrently, take folic acid, multivits, fishoils, chicken essence, brazil nuts and in 2ww (2 weeks wait) post et, take it easy, no strengthenous exercises, no squats, no lifting of heavy objects, no sex.

As for injections, rest assured! my previous 3 cycles all done by my hb cos I was so afraid of putting a needle in my skin. But that made it worse, as my hb is very afraid of needles himself ..so was a tad bruising+bled a bit that time. But this 4th fresh I did all by myself ..just numb the area well, disinfect and then pinch some fats and poke. No pain de really! Just the initial leap is fearful but just take deep breath and you will be fine. The needles are really really fine! Just the trigger needle a tad bigger that is ant bite too..so not kan jiong ok gal, u can do it! Else also can pay gp to jab for u..but that is a bit troublesome ..

on how long the whole ivf is it depends on whether if doc put u on long or short protocol. As the name suggests, short is faster as it dun hv suppression stage and long slower as it has a suppression stage.
I dun know abt kkh cos im with nuh-for my case short protocol from 1st appointment in late aug14 to er/et in early oct then by end oct I was preggy already. Didn't hv to wait long for myself at nuh.

General advise is to eat well balanced meals but cut down carbo, more proteins like eggs and fish during stimulation(inj) stage, some ppl go tcm/accupuncture concurrently, take folic acid, multivits, fishoils, chicken essence, brazil nuts and in 2ww (2 weeks wait) post et, take it easy, no strengthenous exercises, no squats, no lifting of heavy objects, no sex.

As for injections, rest assured! my previous 3 cycles all done by my hb cos I was so afraid of putting a needle in my skin. But that made it worse, as my hb is very afraid of needles himself ..so was a tad bruising+bled a bit that time. But this 4th fresh I did all by myself ..just numb the area well, disinfect and then pinch some fats and poke. No pain de really! Just the initial leap is fearful but just take deep breath and you will be fine. The needles are really really fine! Just the trigger needle a tad bigger that is ant bite too..so not kan jiong ok gal, u can do it! Else also can pay gp to jab for u..but that is a bit troublesome ..
Wow a very detailed post. Really appreciate u for typing all these. Thanks gal n congrats. Really hope to get BFP on my first ivf.

Hi Chrisl,
Reading your post gives me courage. You are really very strong and willing to undergo so much for your bb. I am going to start my IVF journey this month and very nervous about it as its my first time. Hope to find strength among so many strong women here.

Yup done. Going tomorrow again to accu my back..she did say it's difficult to change anything much now but no harm giving it a try. And I guess I will feel better too as I tried my best no matter what results I get on Mon. :)

all the best with ER on Monday babe :)

Hi ladies,

Hi there!
Just like u, I had a lot of fears before my first ivf. I ended up delaying a year cos I didn't have the courage to face my fears.
I used to have very bad headache when on clomid for my IUIs, but to my surprise, I didn't have any side effects for my jabs.
I did all the jabs myself. They were rather painless, I didn't even have a single bruise.
ER & ET were also painless for me, only discomfort was bloating.
My 1st attempt failed, but I'm thankful that I had quite an easy journey with some frosties left.
Seriously, if I had known ivf was going to be such a breeze for me, I wouldn't have delayed a year & lost precious time procrastinating.
I can't guarantee that your journey will be easy... But be brave... Believe u can do it!

Back