Anyone Staying at Bukit Panjang or nearby?

Hi
if i am not wrong, the zhenghua cc is the one near Segar

Hi 2nd Baby
how old is ur child now. zhenghua cc is very near my place! do hey have kindergarten class also?

anyone near or stay in Segar so we can also form a small playgroup ourselves ?
happy.gif

i have 2 kids, one is 2005 and the other 2007....

Hi 2nd Baby,
Is the Apple Tree a Playgroup or Kindergarden? Which month of 2009 is it opening and when ready for registration?

So is it Segar CC?

Natsu, its at segar there. The one next to Segar LRT. This is what I was told by the staff from Apple tree that they will be opening a new branch there.

jrt, my gal is 20 mths old nw, born in 2006.

Snowzzy, think both playgp and kindergarden. Yes, its @ Segar CC. The staff says will give me a call when its ready for registration.

Hi 2nd Baby,
My gal also born in 2006, 25 mths old. Do let me know when it is ready for registration, thank in advance. Maybe one day, they can be classmates :D

<font color="0000ff">Hi mommies,</font>

<font color="0000ff">I'm new to Bt. Panjang...my tot is abit restless to the new environment so any recommendations for a weekend playgroup? Hope weekend activities can take his mind off his anxiety..</font>
kao_sad.gif

Hi
my neighbour staying at Segar rd, she has experience in taking care of baby. u interested?

(FYI she got a small female shih tzu at home), but the dog is very tamed, rarely bark.. if keen then let me know
happy.gif

Hi jrt_gal, tks for the infor....but am actually looking for one that is near senja....but is nanny cheaper or infant care centre cheaper?...

Hi piglet07,
may i noe where is yr sis-in-law staying? n hw much is she charging? tks.

hi kris

to be frank, my first child also went to a quite good Infant care centre. good thing is, they learn socialize.. i wanted my son to go infant care cus i tot they get the best learning environment.. but bad thing is, ALWAYS sick! my son was sick practically every 2 weeks. got HFM, 3x bronchitis(in a period of 6mths), fever, flu ..

everyday i go, the medicine book is always full --as 90% of the children is sick and needs medication. i was so heart pain!!

FYI the turnover rate in infant care is extremely high!!!

my conclusion is, after weighing the plus and minus factor, the minus factor is a big concern.. i wouldn't want to sacrifice his health for some 'good learning environment'

so my second child onwards, no more infant care. in fact i dun see much difference when comes to learning things n socializing..

actually nanny is good as they can be more trustworthy compared to maids.. but nanny is abit expensive.. u can also consider hiring a good maid with experience and have you whole house built with camera.. (u can go sim lim --i got a quote about 6mths ago, whole 4rm with dome camera and a good recorder including installation is below $1k) ..so u can log on to view ur children anytime.. my friends all do that ... at least the maid dun misbehave...

afterall a maid can help u do housework n everythings...after work going home not so stress.. everything is in order..

just my 2 cents...
happy.gif

Hi jrt_gal,

tks for the advise...ok, think i will consider nanny till he's big enough to child care ba...
happy.gif

hi piglet07,

can email me her contact?....hv tried pm u but a message pop up says that u do not recv pm...tks.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone heard of the Children Campus at Almond Crescent? Is it gd?

Currently sending my boy to a Church Kindy at Bt Batok, seems like the bus journey abit long, hoping to find a cc near my place.

hi all.....

Happen to chance upon tis thread. May I join in?

I m at Senja Grand tare... also in the midst of sending my boy to cc. Cos my sis is popping soon, we dun think mum can handle my niece, my boy &amp; a NB.

Was considering Ichiban at Blk 631 for convenience, but was considering whether to put him on Montessori cc instead - Seedlings at Fajar I think. Or the Adelfibel. Bt since u all said all full, I think I no need to cal &amp; ask already bah....

V headache leh... I also considered Carpe Diem bt needs to travel out.

Learning Ladder nt cheap leh... $800 or $850 I think.

I was considering a maid then send my boy to Talent Plus for 2hrs bt again costs is too high. We dun cook currently, so w/ a maid, def mktg costs &amp; other exps will shoot up. If we still send our child to playgrps (PGs), is as gd as supporting a car.

*headache*

wats the diff betwn Blk 217 YMCA vs the one at Blk 510? One says Metropolitan, while the other one doesn't say tat.

Please advise.

snowzzy, U can call up apple tree at cck branch to enquire. I am sure there is kindergarden. I enquired thr cck branch and they told me abt this new branch at zhenghua cc. But weird, ytd nite i went to the cc, ask abt where is apple tree located in the cc, the staff at cc couldnt answer cos they are not aware.

Anyway, anyone has feedback on apple tree?

Hi Ah Ger,

The ccc at Blk 217 is Metropolitan YMCA and BLK 510 is YMCA. Basically they are just 2 different organisation...not related at all. But if u r located at senja, blk 517 might be oso far for u rite?

hi Christina

I dun mind to travel abit out in the morning, since hb can drop us tare. I called them yesterday, the lady frm YMCA 510 said they r diff organization also, bt sort of like sister co.

Anybody has any feedback frm Seedlings? I called Seedlings Patch Dawson, bt the lady wasn't able to give me the info. She said by right syllabus shld b the same, bt better to ask the centre directly. The lady in-charge was off by the time I called the Fajar branch.

Also, if the cc r the same, hw cme their costs r so diff? Dawson's charge $850 for FD, bt Fajar's charges $700 only. Due to cost of rental? I m quite keen on Seedlings, cos they hv combination of Montessori &amp; thematic approach, so tat the kids can hv a blend of all.

i was talking to Seedlings a moment ago, I heard they hv enrichment progs... think also hv during hols, best to visit their centre to get more info.

Fyi, coming 2009, they will up their price. Currently is $700, gng to be $800 b4 subsidy. Nt worth for 1/2day cos after subsidy is $475.

Base on wat we hv spoken on the phone, seems like the programme is pretty interesting. It's a blend of Montessori + thematic approach.

hi
i think salvation army price is quite good. the place is spacious and quite cooling.. only bad pt is they are having lift upgrading at the moment...

i been to carpe diam but i find the place abit hot &amp; stuffy and quite dark and pack with students.. also it is near the rubbish chute..

is seedlings good? anyone got children ? but i heard there quite full.. dun have much vacancy??

hi zhuzhu

is it sat or sun? my son attending PAP and he got this event on": (Duno is it the one u referring to)

Children day celebration
Date: Sat 27 Sept 2008
Venue: Senja Square (next to blk 621 rd)
Time: 6.30pm

Tickets is $3 each.

heard from my teacher the ticket is out (for schools), but we can try to get it on the day itself..

i am going ..anyone going?

Hi 2nd baby n zhuzhu

I was there but all the games queue were soooo long..haha... especially like the cartoon one.... but the performance i felt like 'getai'.. dun really have the children day celebration feel.. duno u feel the same??

jrt_gal, yes yes I agree. The songs are sung by aunty and I also feel its like 'Getai'! Wat's more she ask for more applause.

The caricature booth has a long q. Din manage to have pic drawn too.

Snacks selling there were very lousy. Only popcorns and cotton candy.

I bought $10 coupons, in the end gave 5 pop corns away.

hi 1st baby,
i saw the banner too. i went to the CC but cannot find any agency there except enopi.maths.

any idea what's the course like? details? u enroling shannyn?

Hi mummies

i saw the registration date for apple tree , if i am not wrong is 30 october

happy.gif

(PS: 2nd baby -- the performance was a real let down
sad.gif
)

Reg for Apple Tree Playgroup on 30 Oct (Thu)/730pm to 930pm.

Hui, I will be enrolling my gal cos its walkable distance from my mum's place. Its 2 hr playgroup, no meals provided.

Address: Zhenghua CC, No1. Segar Road
Playgroup: Mon-Fri: 9:00-11:00am / 11:15-1:15pm
Fees: S$160 per month (Before GST)
Material Fees: S$95 per half year

tks for the info. thinking of enroling jk, but dunno if he can take it or not. wonder whether if there's any trial? will prob call n ask. u have the number? i din take down this info.

Back