(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

Good morning mommies..

Back to work today after taking UL yesterday.
I m getting 36 next month too.
Think heard someone mentioned earlier.
I will take the harmony test instead of the amino tests.
Just need my blood samples n more accurate..

I got an elder boy 2 yrs plus.
Thinking of going a week holiday at trimster 2.
Will you all consider to bring elder kid along?
My hb is concerned if it will be too hectic for me.. But I know I be missing my boy..

I will not tendered from work too.
Cos I feel good to get paid while staying at home for 4 months.
I prefer to work n my hb will not be too stressed up.
I feel when I work i m more sound..
I having regular timing to eat n breaks if I need to.
when I stay home I be busy with my boy.
very handful on weekends... lol.
so I can only afford 2 days on weekends with him..
If full time mom.. I be going nuts..lol.

I can totally understand how u feel. I have been taking frequent MC and Urgent leave whenever my MS is bad. Feeling guilty as my work performance has dropped significantly >.<
For my side..
My project a team of 5 n 2 left last week.
Left 3 of us at work..
More work for me to handle n I m enduring till next month to release them my news.
I think will be a blow to them. .
But heck care.. It's my family planning n company will not be bothered. .

I just do my best at work n not to get stressed up.
N during my first pregnancy I keep a cheery mood n my boy turns up to be a cheery characters..
So those pple on purpose to make me unhappy now.. I will not fall into their traps.

Of course I think my performance will be affected but I think worth it..
Cos I have planned on this preggy n fight for my promotion earlier this year.
So I think I m fine to stay low from now.

Let's us Jia you n have a healthy cheery pregnancy.
I looking forward to trimster 2!

I'm on 2 weeks HL now. I'm afraid company not v happy.
The anti nausea medication makes me vomit even worse. So I told Gynae don't give me anymore.
I see...
Hugs to u..
It's a miserable period..
But for most pple the MS will be gone.
Hang on first k..

N if u think if to stay or quit ur job..
Decide with ur hb..
Stay positive!

I haven been pretty stressed recently due to my absence of work and poor performance due to MS, I thought of resigning even forgo the maternity leave so I won't feel so stressed up, better for the baby as well. Any advices?[/QUOTE

mlys, have you told your boss about your preg?
for my case, I have been also taking MCs, and urgent leave due to MS and fatigue. even those days at work, my productivity is not there... but my boss is understanding... start to lessen my duties cos he knows I m losing efficiency due to preg ..
Well, for the management, its harsh fact, appraisal and bonus will be affected with my numerous absence plus the coming maternity leave... but to me, the priority is my bb... even saying bye bye to my promotion or bonus, in exchange for my bb , is a no brainer.. well, for me, I still need a job to help out my hubby , so at least with an income from me is financial relief.

its a matter of the mindset... as I used to think like you... during initial period of my bad MS and absence from work, I feel very guilty, lost, dilemma and feeling useless... I had advice from family and friends, to stay focus on my priority and learning to let things go easy... I am sure you will feel better..

just my 2 cents worth... Jia you :)

I wont quit my job ..
Cant stand the idea of getting allowance from hub ..
And I prefer to spend my own money .. :)

Same here @babyunicorn , but i still get allowance from hub to save it... while i still earn my own hard earn money. In SG, we can't depend on 1 person income in a family unless you are born in very well-to-do family (no offence but stating the reality in sg).

For my side..
My project a team of 5 n 2 left last week.
Left 3 of us at work..
More work for me to handle n I m enduring till next month to release them my news.
I think will be a blow to them. .
But heck care.. It's my family planning n company will not be bothered. .

I just do my best at work n not to get stressed up.
N during my first pregnancy I keep a cheery mood n my boy turns up to be a cheery characters..
So those pple on purpose to make me unhappy now.. I will not fall into their traps.

Of course I think my performance will be affected but I think worth it..
Cos I have planned on this preggy n fight for my promotion earlier this year.
So I think I m fine to stay low from now.

Let's us Jia you n have a healthy cheery pregnancy.
I looking forward to trimster 2!

Hi @juniorme ,

JIA YOU! keep the cherry spirit on.... happy mummy = happy baby :)

Same here. The MS and sleepy monster just keep coming :( my hubby told me to take unpaid leaves to stay at home and rest but I'm afraid the company wun allow :( even though my direct boss is good but the HR is not so good.. Sign~

Same here. The MS and sleepy monster just keep coming :( my hubby told me to take unpaid leaves to stay at home and rest but I'm afraid the company wun allow :( even though my direct boss is good but the HR is not so good.. Sign~

Hai sometimes really headache right. And somemore I Dunwan to give up the 4 months maternity leave. If not like wasted

Luckily I can work from home some days but really not enough. Everyday the ms come and go. I slept at 9pm now cos it kick in at night again. But wat to do, part and parcel of pregnancy. 忍 .

Luckily I can work from home some days but really not enough. Everyday the ms come and go. I slept at 9pm now cos it kick in at night again. But wat to do, part and parcel of pregnancy. 忍 .

nicokin19, with ms and fatigue, me also sleep at about 9 plus every night but waking up the next day morning is horrible...
have been Zzz non stop... weekends, I can even hit 12 hours of sleep...
Cant imagine..... preg can make us sleep so much

Hai sometimes really headache right. And somemore I Dunwan to give up the 4 months maternity leave. If not like wasted
Same here. Some more the company also not very good haha so why help them save the 4 months maternity leaves xD but it's really a torture though..

:(Feeling uncomfortable now at work.. urgh! ! Since lunch..
Like choked feeling at my chest!

It's happened anytime of the day!!

:(Feeling uncomfortable now at work.. urgh! ! Since lunch..
Like choked feeling at my chest!

It's happened anytime of the day!!

@juniorme take some warm water...if you have ginger tea...make yourself a cuppa
me no way better, just puke out my lunch 10 mins ago. and feeling the choked feeling in chest..

now sipping some warm water after the puke session..

*holding hands... lets hang on together... you are not alone....

@juniorme take some warm water...if you have ginger tea...make yourself a cuppa
me no way better, just puke out my lunch 10 mins ago. and feeling the choked feeling in chest..

now sipping some warm water after the puke session..

*holding hands... lets hang on together... you are not alone....
@pinkylove

Thanks for ur words..
I took warm water le..
Keep my fingers crossed..
Slightly better.

I had cube ginger tea with brown sugar at home.. maybe I bring a few to work tomorrow.

When I feel nausea I will cough..
My colleagues thought I m sick.

My friend feels bad on the MCs and urgent leaves so she quit but her boss asked her to take 3 months no-pay leave instead, which will not affect her bonus and there will be no break in service for her (no break in service so after certain years of service she will be promoted). Maybe you guys can try talking to your boss on the possibility of NPL instead of resignation?

My friend feels bad on the MCs and urgent leaves so she quit but her boss asked her to take 3 months no-pay leave instead, which will not affect her bonus and there will be no break in service for her (no break in service so after certain years of service she will be promoted). Maybe you guys can try talking to your boss on the possibility of NPL instead of resignation?
Your friend has got a good boss, doubt mine will be so nice. Right now I'm thinking how to get HL. Dont know if my gynae will issue if I tell him I'm having nausea and fatigue only.

Your friend has got a good boss, doubt mine will be so nice. Right now I'm thinking how to get HL. Dont know if my gynae will issue if I tell him I'm having nausea and fatigue only.

Depends on gynae & hospital because nausea and fatigue is very common for pregnant women.. and some gynae will require u to stay in hospital at least one day in order to prescribe you with HLs to rest at home due to some regulation.

Sometimes we may mistaken our bosses. Mayb after a heart to heart talk they may actually offer you some good suggestions if they feel that it is a waste to let the good staff go. They may even talk to HR and ask for some leeway or rescope your work to let u work from home.

I do have a colleague who was given HL because her nausea & vomiting was very bad to the point she was very dehydrated and needed hospitalisation to put on drip. She lost 7kg.. She was discharged after a few days in hospital but given HL to cover her through her first trimester.. as an outsider (I m not close to her) I really feel the pain for her to suffer till like that.. She really puke whatever she eats and even she never eat, she puke almost every minute. After seeing her like this and still coming to work, the boss also ask her to see gynae. When she went for check out she was already severely dehydrated and had to be hospitalised.

Depends on gynae & hospital because nausea and fatigue is very common for pregnant women.. and some gynae will require u to stay in hospital at least one day in order to prescribe you with HLs to rest at home due to some regulation.

Sometimes we may mistaken our bosses. Mayb after a heart to heart talk they may actually offer you some good suggestions if they feel that it is a waste to let the good staff go. They may even talk to HR and ask for some leeway or rescope your work to let u work from home.

I do have a colleague who was given HL because her nausea & vomiting was very bad to the point she was very dehydrated and needed hospitalisation to put on drip. She lost 7kg.. She was discharged after a few days in hospital but given HL to cover her through her first trimester.. as an outsider (I m not close to her) I really feel the pain for her to suffer till like that.. She really puke whatever she eats and even she never eat, she puke almost every minute. After seeing her like this and still coming to work, the boss also ask her to see gynae. When she went for check out she was already severely dehydrated and had to be hospitalised.
Oh dear, that's really a torture for ur friend. How long did it last? After the first trimester she able to gain back the weight?

Pregnancy Acne:

Hi mummies, i do not have acne problem prior to my pregnancy.
But lately my skin is from bad to worse. My forehead, cheeks are a warzone.
Anyone suffering like me?
What can i do that is safe to treat my acne?

Pregnancy Acne:

Hi mummies, i do not have acne problem prior to my pregnancy.
But lately my skin is from bad to worse. My forehead, cheeks are a warzone.
Anyone suffering like me?
What can i do that is safe to treat my acne?
Me too. I even started having acne on my neck, chest and tummy!! Never had any acne in these places before. Sigh. And I dunno what is safe to put so left them alone...

Hi mummies,

Wanted to ask if you ever fall sick with blocked nose and irritated throat? what methods you use to cure or just see GP?

Hi mummies,

Wanted to ask if you ever fall sick with blocked nose and irritated throat? what methods you use to cure or just see GP?

Just see the GP for the correct meds to take ..
Quite hard to self medicate unless u have taken before ..
I know the cough mixture that is allowed for preg women ..
Strepsils is fine too ..

Oh dear, that's really a torture for ur friend. How long did it last? After the first trimester she able to gain back the weight?

No leh she didn't gain back the weight but her appetite is back. She eats things like char kway teow (without cockles) those but most time she eats sandwich for lunch only.. wah she 5mths le I so envy.. not even 3mths yet..

Thanks @babyunicorn, going to see company GP now...

@ShyKaren - Rem to let doc know u r pregnant! When I was down with cough and sorethroat, the GP prescribe me with Promethazine (nt sure spelling) for cough and Desquadin lozenges for sorethroat and Augmentin (antibiotics, becoz my cough more than 3weeks). GP says is safe for pregnancy de..

@ShyKaren - Rem to let doc know u r pregnant! When I was down with cough and sorethroat, the GP prescribe me with Promethazine (nt sure spelling) for cough and Desquadin lozenges for sorethroat and Augmentin (antibiotics, becoz my cough more than 3weeks). GP says is safe for pregnancy de..[/QUOTE]

Thanks @icyjol , i will let dr know im pregnant... understand that we can't take certain med.

Thanks ladies for the reminder :)

My company GP gave me chlorpheniramine (piriton) for flu/runny nose. Felt uncertain if it can be taken, cos the company GP seems a lil up the age.... juz worried cos it's my #1.

Any mummies taken before? safe?

My company GP gave me chlorpheniramine (piriton) for flu/runny nose. Felt uncertain if it can be taken, cos the company GP seems a lil up the age.... juz worried cos it's my #1.

Any mummies taken before? safe?
I googled that it is safe and took before. Supposed to be safe.

Me too. I even started having acne on my neck, chest and tummy!! Never had any acne in these places before. Sigh. And I dunno what is safe to put so left them alone...

For me, I stop facial and stop using those exfoliating product or mask.. maybe due to hormones... skin become very dry inside, oily on the outside..
partially afraid of any ingredient not safe for pregnancy, secondly... the ms and fatigue that is killing me, leaves me no mood for all these as well... :(

Me too! My hair face become so greasy now, can fry an egg already. Kept having breakouts recently too. This pregnancy is so different from my first..

Feeling very gassy.. Forced vomit myself twice today... Nothing came out as usual. Just air... But left throat and nose raw and very uncomfortable.
Hope these will end will first trimester ends... :(

@icyjol how many months are u? Hehe slowly yah now shld just enjoy the pregnancy process, I think we will miss it after the bb is out xD miss their kicks and movements hehe

Just see the GP for the correct meds to take ..
Quite hard to self medicate unless u have taken before ..
I know the cough mixture that is allowed for preg women ..
Strepsils is fine too ..

i read somewhere stating strepsils may not be ideal for first tri... not sure how true also....

I also have some pimples popping out on my face! I though it's due to my pillow case since the time spent on bed is increasing, so i change them (even though it's changed 1 week ago). After applying OXY for 2 days, skin became extreme dry with peeling.... gosh.... i thought we are suppose to have glowing skin.....

Glowing skin and lovely locks of hair.. I usually only see it after I reach 2nd trimester. 1st trim hormones still changing and body adapting so maybe not yet??

what are your plans for confinement?
my mum and MIL are both not able to help with my confinement full-time, and hubby isn't keen on hiring stay-in confinement lady. i'm not sure what other options we have though.

my mum and MIL are both not able to help with my confinement full-time, and hubby isn't keen on hiring stay-in confinement lady. i'm not sure what other options we have though.

@lemoncandy my confinement will be by MIL. For me, I have lots of recommendation from friends that it is always good to have confinement lady no matter mom or mil helping. They say you will have enough rest and confinement food will be well taken care. But I am staying with my parents in law and there is no room for stay-in CL. So my hubby suggest just rely on his mom...

Hi I am just planning to cook some confinement food in advance and freeze. Actually most confinement food is qt easy to cook. Just add ginger, red dates, tonic, wine etc and steam...
As for night feeds, if u breastfeed anyway u need to wake up to feed so I don't see the pt of a confinement lady staying in.
Housework can just make hubby do (haha) or get part time cleaning help.

Hi I am just planning to cook some confinement food in advance and freeze. Actually most confinement food is qt easy to cook. Just add ginger, red dates, tonic, wine etc and steam...
As for night feeds, if u breastfeed anyway u need to wake up to feed so I don't see the pt of a confinement lady staying in.
Housework can just make hubby do (haha) or get part time cleaning help.
Mei u r so hardworking to cook in advance! Actually another way is to engage online confinement food :) for me, i will engage CL cuz both mil n mum not free to do confinement for me...hee...

@icyjol how many months are u? Hehe slowly yah now shld just enjoy the pregnancy process, I think we will miss it after the bb is out xD miss their kicks and movements hehe

@Ice_Tea - I am 11wks+ now only... :) How abt u? Recently I been eating alot of junk.. like potato chips, collon titbits, curry chicken, Long John breakfast toast, beef noodles & durian pancakes.. and my baby suddenly balloon!! Rem that time i was saying my baby CRL was always slower like 4 days from the Gestational age? Today I went for scan my baby actually few days ahead!! It measures abt 49mm at only 11w2d...

@lemoncandy my confinement will be by MIL. For me, I have lots of recommendation from friends that it is always good to have confinement lady no matter mom or mil helping. They say you will have enough rest and confinement food will be well taken care. But I am staying with my parents in law and there is no room for stay-in CL. So my hubby suggest just rely on his mom...

@pinkylove - My mil also says she help to cook confinement food, no need spend $$ on confinement lady.. coz she says since I planning to breastfeed I will also need to feed baby every few hours, no point for confinement lady. So I will not be getting a CL too..

Back