(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Yeah it really comes n goes i guess. Some days energy super low, some days suddenly ok can go out n walk quite abit. Appetite also sometimes ok sometimes not. Metallic taste in e mouth also comes n goes. Lol

Any mummies have done scan at 6 wk ? can see anything ? I did my on Tue at KKh A &E but only can see a sac and yolk.... Dr said must wait 2 week then can repeat the scan. I had hx of miscarriage so I'm quite worry now. Plus my pregnancy symptom suddenly disappear this morning, made me more scare... :|
Hi I did a scan at 6 weeks only sac and yolk same like you I had ms before so worried like hell and after that I had slight spotting. Went back couple days later to see my Gynae and he did another scan and we saw flickering, doc said that's the heartbeat. Follow up after 2 weeks later and we could hear bb heartbeat beating happily away. doc prescribed duphaston for 3 weeks. Don't worry too much, enjoy the pregnancy and keep happy mind!

hi, my scan is done at 6w5d which is nearing 7 week mark then I heard a heartbeat. i read that even 1-2 days also make a diff that's why at 6 week maybe too early to hear hb. don't worry, you should see a hb when you go back in 2 weeks. :)

I'm focusing on one more day to Friday and then weekends! really cannot wait.
Yesterday was a good day for me, even though I had the usual nausea, I felt slightly more energetic and I could stomach a mcdonald fish burger for dinner.
Just when I had hopes that maybe my body is adjusting better, today the nausea is back and my appetite is worst.

I think most of us are suffering bad case of ms.....counting down the days our 1st trimester will be over soon!

I had been feeling nauseated ever since i found out abt my pregnancy but i am still able to suppress and dun puke out *keep fingers crossed* i hv been.craving for unhealthy food like chicken rice, fast food especially shaker fries.... lol

I had been feeling nauseated ever since i found out abt my pregnancy but i am still able to suppress and dun puke out *keep fingers crossed* i hv been.craving for unhealthy food like chicken rice, fast food especially shaker fries.... lol
Are you able to eat? I have craving too but I dare not eat cos my indigestion is quite bad.

For the first time in my pregnancy, I finally experienced nausea. I vomitted twice today (at approx 7 weeks). @starrymommy you were so right about it.
I hope this continues to be not so terrible for me.

By the way, I'm going to see Dr Ben Tham and I can't wait. Been hearing rather positive reviews of him.
Today I just seen dr Ben tham for the first time.. And as described by many, he's really warm and friendly..

Yeah it really comes n goes i guess. Some days energy super low, some days suddenly ok can go out n walk quite abit. Appetite also sometimes ok sometimes not. Metallic taste in e mouth also comes n goes. Lol
Same same.. Sometimes feel really tired and sometimes ok.. Sometimes eat ok and sometimes no appetite.. And the dr ask me to eat 6 small meals a day.. Hard to keep up manz..

Now I'm high just by smelling fried food.. French fries is no. One killer for me..

Today seen the gynae.. Finally hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks.. Shifted my edd again to 8 May.. He's asking me to consider harmony after Oscar.. Anyone is doing harmony test?

@momocrv: yeah i can eat anything i want without puking out. Sometimes i can eat more than my usual intake. Sometimes i just control n dun eat too much. I think i am really blessed with this ability to eat and dun puke.

@booy: i love shaker fries... my hubby is now my dietician. He restricts me to fast food once a wk maximum. I love the samurai burger from mcd too.. lol..

momocrv, i agree...need to distract myself from the ms else I easily feel depressed also.

starrymommy, thanks for encouragement. for now i can't find anything to ease the nausea coz i totally lost my appetite. i certainly hope my nausea will ease off soon. but i'm only starting week 7 now...long long way to go.
Hihi... I'm also in 7th week. ... sometimes I feel so uncomfy I just don't even wanna read my phone. ..The more I read abt MS...The more sick I feel.... but yeah... let's look forward!!! :)))

@momocrv: yeah i can eat anything i want without puking out. Sometimes i can eat more than my usual intake. Sometimes i just control n dun eat too much. I think i am really blessed with this ability to eat and dun puke.

@booy: i love shaker fries... my hubby is now my dietician. He restricts me to fast food once a wk maximum. I love the samurai burger from mcd too.. lol..
If you can eat then just eat but make sure you eat nourishing food too.

Booy? Why harmony after Oscar? How old are u?
I just did another scan at my gyne. N we spoke about the tests. Will be going for harmony instead.

Booy, I am going for a genetic test with dr anand at Camden instead of Oscar and Harmony at week 14. After which we will see if it is necessary to do the harmony test.

Today seen the gynae.. Finally hear the heartbeat at 10 weeks.. Shifted my edd again to 8 May.. He's asking me to consider harmony after Oscar.. Anyone is doing harmony test?
Dr tham is very nice and friendly but I don't like the nurses at tmc.

TMC nurse at sembawang is rude too :(
I don't think I'm gg for a confinement.
I think maybe I'm too young (will be 21 next year) and I don't quite believe in this confinement haha. My friend told me , in the olden days there's no confinement too. So I guess it should be fine right ?

Im doing e harmony test in 3 weeks time. Costly but i guess its easier n safer. And 98% accurate.

Recently tried a new method to combat my nausea...and it keeps the sick feeling away so I can behave like a normal person without gagging so much at work. Actually this advice is given by my friend who have had 3 kids.

I will eat something every 2 hours. Initially damn diff coz really no appetite. But it works so I try my best to do it. Like a small pau or half of small sandwich or munch some salty biscuits or chips or fruits like rock melon or guava. It seems to work so far and keeps the gas out of my tummy coz there is something for it to digest. Just sharing what works for me coz I've tried so hard to regain control of my body's behavior since ms started. Oh and the pink multi vit from gynae seems to help in the nausea a little too. Weird, no idea why but it works. Not sure what's the content of the pink pill also.

@happcsk, that works for me too. I eat nut bars, cookies, bread, whatever i lay my hands on. If i wait until nauseous then eat, it's too late.

Recently tried a new method to combat my nausea...and it keeps the sick feeling away so I can behave like a normal person without gagging so much at work. Actually this advice is given by my friend who have had 3 kids.

I will eat something every 2 hours. Initially damn diff coz really no appetite. But it works so I try my best to do it. Like a small pau or half of small sandwich or munch some salty biscuits or chips or fruits like rock melon or guava. It seems to work so far and keeps the gas out of my tummy coz there is something for it to digest. Just sharing what works for me coz I've tried so hard to regain control of my body's behavior since ms started. Oh and the pink multi vit from gynae seems to help in the nausea a little too. Weird, no idea why but it works. Not sure what's the content of the pink pill also.
I tried doing that but I think my digestion is really bad. Still end up with a lot of gas and very bloated by evening time. The ms is making me quite miserable.

I tried doing that but I think my digestion is really bad. Still end up with a lot of gas and very bloated by evening time. The ms is making me quite miserable.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can try with easy to digest and lighter food to see if any change? Perhaps avoid dairy or oily food?

mylilsheep, lol!! you just made me LOL at the 9 months long PMS. :p

BubsandBloms, hope you will find something that works in relieving your MS! warm honey lemon, or hot ginger tea?? it will usually fade off come 2nd tri. endure another 5-6 weeks. jia you!!

Re: temper
I will also blow my top at hubby if he pisses me off. feel guilty of that too.. sometimes it is just too hard to control the temper. will just flare up out of the blue?!

wah i'm one of those grouchy mummies too! i feel really short fused lately and i feel like i can't help it even though i dun wanna be affecting bb. really trying hard to control the temper. agree on the prolonged PMS thing... i'm also having acne outbreaks which are even worse than during my usual PMS syndromes. any other mummies got pimple problem also? how ah?? :(

but lucky for me i don't have much MS yet *touchwood*. i can still eat normally, just that sometimes eat too much will feel abit heartburn and indigestion. appetite still pretty normal, no crazy cravings too. hope this honeymoon period continues hehe.

stickytape, heard that if you have acne during your pregnancy, most probably you are having a little girl. They said because the additional female hormones will lead to pimple breakouts. hahaha... dunno if true or not...... In few weeks later you told us hor.....

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can try with easy to digest and lighter food to see if any change? Perhaps avoid dairy or oily food?
I have been eating v bland and easy to digest food but problem is easy digest also means hungry faster Arghh...so I am constantly hungry but try not to over eat. Torturous

stickytape, heard that if you have acne during your pregnancy, most probably you are having a little girl. They said because the additional female hormones will lead to pimple breakouts. hahaha... dunno if true or not...... In few weeks later you told us hor.....
Really? I find my face exceptionally oily lately but so far pimple outbreak only one or two.

I stopped taking rice during dinner. It helps, less indigestion.

@booy, did ur gynae say why he reccommends harmony? Heard it's ex.
He just ask me to consider after oscar.. Didn't really recommend to a certain extent.. The accuracy is much higher with harmony.. Oscar is only a risk analysis tool.. It cost $1200 with dr Ben Tham..

Wow.. Dietician.. I'm my own.. I hardly eat Fast food, probably once every few months.. But now craving is there.. Shaker seaweed is my fav now.. But I dare not eat much.. Usually I just take a bit when I see my colleagues eating..

Booy? Why harmony after Oscar? How old are u?
I just did another scan at my gyne. N we spoke about the tests. Will be going for harmony instead.
I'm 33 this year.. He asks me to go for oscar first as it not only look at Down syndrome.. It's up to me if I want to proceed to harmony.. So you are only going for harmony?

Dr tham is very nice and friendly but I don't like the nurses at tmc.
Yes he's very friendly.. The nurses are so so.. A bit cold indeed..

Booy, I am going for a genetic test with dr anand at Camden instead of Oscar and Harmony at week 14. After which we will see if it is necessary to do the harmony test.
Why genetic test?

Im doing e harmony test in 3 weeks time. Costly but i guess its easier n safer. And 98% accurate.
It's the accuracy that attracts me.. But really quite ex..

Then mine will be a boy.. Complexion gets better for me.. I saw my colleague who gave birth to girls and complexion is still ok..

He just ask me to consider after oscar.. Didn't really recommend to a certain extent.. The accuracy is much higher with harmony.. Oscar is only a risk analysis tool.. It cost $1200 with dr Ben Tham..

Wow.. Dietician.. I'm my own.. I hardly eat Fast food, probably once every few months.. But now craving is there.. Shaker seaweed is my fav now.. But I dare not eat much.. Usually I just take a bit when I see my colleagues eating..

I'm 33 this year.. He asks me to go for oscar first as it not only look at Down syndrome.. It's up to me if I want to proceed to harmony.. So you are only going for harmony?

harmony is invasive right?

my MIL said that too! He said for boys the complexion will be very good one. We'll find out if this is true in a few weeks down the road...

Hi Ladies. Hello.... Congrats to all of u.
This is my first post. Very happy to know tt there r so many May 2015 MTB too. My family doc say my EDD is 28 May. Jubilee babies, our babies will get a jubillee medal.
Thanks for the posts and sharing. The info is pretty useful. Today just informed my mum. She say dun eat pineapple orange and banana. Pineapple is an absolute no no....

Actually most fruits r fine just dun over exceed. But pineapple watermelon n coconuts shld avoid cos too "liang".... best fruits to consume now is kiwi, apple, banana, berries..

Actually most fruits r fine just dun over exceed. But pineapple watermelon n coconuts shld avoid cos too "liang".... best fruits to consume now is kiwi, apple, banana, berries..

Yup. I heard anything too "cooling" cannot, e.g. pineapple bittergourd etc. My mom said avoid del monte bananas too... but I dunno why.

Hubby has been preventing me from eating like everything I want to eat. Cheese.. crabs... my fav Paris baguette milk pudding... really cannot eat meh.... :{

harmony is invasive right?
Non-invasive. Only a blood test..

Hi Ladies. Hello.... Congrats to all of u.
This is my first post. Very happy to know tt there r so many May 2015 MTB too. My family doc say my EDD is 28 May. Jubilee babies, our babies will get a jubillee medal.
Thanks for the posts and sharing. The info is pretty useful. Today just informed my mum. She say dun eat pineapple orange and banana. Pineapple is an absolute no no....
Hi positive! Life must be so positive after bfp.. Gynaes usually say everything is ok if eat in moderation.. But Tcm will say no to all cooling fruits..

Yup. I heard anything too "cooling" cannot, e.g. pineapple bittergourd etc. My mom said avoid del monte bananas too... but I dunno why.

Hubby has been preventing me from eating like everything I want to eat. Cheese.. crabs... my fav Paris baguette milk pudding... really cannot eat meh.... :{
Only blue cheese cannot eat I think.. Crabs is due to its cooling effect.. Milk pudding sounds perfectly fine to me.. It has calcium which is great..

What my mum said
Dont eat pineapple (can miscarriage)
, papaya( just one slice can, not alot), salted preservative (can swollen ur leg), instant noodle(baby cant develop) , no smoking ,no drinking alcohol, no coffee, try to reduce junk food, raw meat, some kind of seafood, some kind of cheese

Actually pineapples is a very good source of vitamins... I have a fren...she eats pineapples on a daily basis. .. whether pregnant or not. Her both kids are Damn smart lo.... so.... I've come to conclude that pineapples isn't all bad.... in fact I eat when I see it in my food.. like sweet sour pork... but I won't purposely go and buy and eat.....

Just like most foods.... moderation is key.... :)

hello mummies, good morning! and happy weekend! so happy that i can sleep a solid 10 hours.

positivelife, congrats and welcome! we have a few mummies with the same edd as you! :) is this your first child?

Re: pimples
I had very good skin when having both my girls, so this one not true for me. and my tummy was pointed, so a lot of people speculated that it was a boy, but turned out a girl. lol!

Re: pineapples
my mum also allows me to eat pineapple. actually i like it too, especially those really sweet ones. like rayrachel, i will eat if they are in my food, but so far didn't purposely go and buy to eat yet although got a bit of craving going on.

hello mummies, good morning! and happy weekend! so happy that i can sleep a solid 10 hours.

positivelife, congrats and welcome! we have a few mummies with the same edd as you! :) is this your first child?

Re: pimples
I had very good skin when having both my girls, so this one not true for me. and my tummy was pointed, so a lot of people speculated that it was a boy, but turned out a girl. lol!

Re: pineapples
my mum also allows me to eat pineapple. actually i like it too, especially those really sweet ones. like rayrachel, i will eat if they are in my food, but so far didn't purposely go and buy to eat yet although got a bit of craving going on.
Starrymommy, my hubby and I were just talking about tummy being sharp or round last nite so it is not true la ...

Booy, u already done ur oscar? If not u can consider doing part of oscar and harmony. I'll be doing the scan as part of oscar (which is without the blood test) and then blood test from harmony.

momocrv, not true, apparently. both my colleagues had boys and their tummies were round and flat. it really depends on the mummy's physique too.

i heard that boys are confirmed much earlier on than girls. one of my gf was told she was having a boy during her oscar scan at 13 weeks!

@positive. We have the same edd. Yay. Where would you be delivering at?

@booy, I thought you choose either Oscar or harmony. Cos they test for the same thing with different levels of accuracy and of cos different price. The invasive and risky one is amnio centesis which used to be recommended for all mummies above 35.

Starrymummy: ya. This is my first baby. Haven't figured how to tell my boss yet.

Xtb: wow same edd. I am considering TMC or KKH. So far haven't booked any gynae app yet, hubby is too busy. Most likely will see dr wong fr TMC bukit batok first. May choose caesarean also. How bout you?

Back