(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi. Just pass 8 weeks. Had ultrasound and heard heartbeat in my first consultation w the gyne. Now suffering from bad sore throat and cough, which sadly trigger the constant vomitting. :/

Hi fellow mummies! Had my gynae visit today with Dr Woo @ Tiong Bahru... very first time so dunno what to expect plus my bladder was so full and the recep told me I had to hold my pee so I really couldn't think straight during the visit. Haha. Dr estimate to be 5-6 weeks, so my EDD might be in June! (Oops sorry crashed the wrong thread). My U/S only revealed a small black sac which he says is the water bag... too small to see anything. Haha

I felt that Dr Woo was very chop chop.... abit too chop for my liking. Maybe cos it's my first and I would like a lil more hand holding.. would go and see another gynae before making my final choice. Have made an appt to see Dr Ben Tham @ TMC. Hope we'll like him better.

congrats. must be nice to hear a confirmation from the gynae and do a scan to confirm the pregnancy!
Before my scan actually I sometimes wonder what if cannot see water sac and all the symptoms I was feeling are nothing to do with pregnancy and the positive test was just a fluke?
haha very silly thoughts...

My gynae (Dr Adrian Woodworth) is also very chop chop but I know he is very experienced based on many reviews I've read online. Although he talks very fast coz he has alot of patients queuing to see him, but I think sometimes is good also....coz means everything is normal, nothing to worry about. Guess they are so used to knowing what should be expected based on the number of weeks we're at. So take heart that you're in good hands no matter which gynae you're with. :)

Hi fellow mummies! Had my gynae visit today with Dr Woo @ Tiong Bahru... very first time so dunno what to expect plus my bladder was so full and the recep told me I had to hold my pee so I really couldn't think straight during the visit. Haha. Dr estimate to be 5-6 weeks, so my EDD might be in June! (Oops sorry crashed the wrong thread). My U/S only revealed a small black sac which he says is the water bag... too small to see anything. Haha

I felt that Dr Woo was very chop chop.... abit too chop for my liking. Maybe cos it's my first and I would like a lil more hand holding.. would go and see another gynae before making my final choice. Have made an appt to see Dr Ben Tham @ TMC. Hope we'll like him better.
my col told me Dr Ben Tham is good. My previous gynae is Dr WK tan who is very popular and very good too. she is the one who did the op for me when my baby did not grow in Mar. But i switch gynae to Dr Kowa as Dr Wk Tan can only see me from wk 8 onwards and i am too gan jeong to find out about the baby. so i switch gynae.

Dr Kowa is my sil 's gynae. a friendly old man and very detailed too. he will explain to you patiently and make u feel assure that things are going fine.

Congrats & welcome to all the new mummies!

Today I finally booked my CL. She is booked till Mar 2015 and she don't take assignment in Apr. Which means her next availability is May which is just right for me! Phew! Luckily I acted fast! To mummies who are looking for CL, better jump into action quickly, if not all the good ones will soon be taken!

hello everyone! i just did my 1st ultrasound this afternoon, decided to give dr chua from TLC another try...i'm 6 weeks 6 days and my EDD is 28 May! teared when i saw the sac and also heard my baby's heartbeat, it was quite loud :)
i'm also thinking of dr ben tham (recommended by my good friend) but i'm not sure if i want to do 2 ultrasounds in 2 weeks, his appt is scheduled next week, should i give it a go?

momocrv, have you found anything to ease the nausea? for previous pregnancies, I relied on Marmite/Bovril mixed with warm water. I know it sounds odd, but it helped me get over that nauseous feeling. this time round, I don't like it. prefer chilled drinks like honey lemon, 100 plus etc. or ginger/peppermint tea. a bit of those preserved plums does wonders too!
I tried quite alot of stuff but none really works for me and I don't like drinking water now. I also hated the after food/drink taste so I always have to brush my teeth like 6 times a day! Haha....but I haven't try marmite though. Let me go buy and try it. Hope it will work for me too

i tried a couple of remedies, it's not fool proof but at least it helps (for the past few days)....
a) warm lemon water, drink in the morning, and 1 before you sleep
b) khong guan lemon puffs (dry biscuits help to remove the nausea)
c) orange peel (foolproof but i feel even more thirsty after eating)
Khong guan lemon puffs sounds good! I am going to try! I have been eating cream cracker with milo every morning. It helps for a while until one hour later when I get hungry again

momocrv, i agree...need to distract myself from the ms else I easily feel depressed also.

starrymommy, thanks for encouragement. for now i can't find anything to ease the nausea coz i totally lost my appetite. i certainly hope my nausea will ease off soon. but i'm only starting week 7 now...long long way to go.
Don't count it man...just distract yourself and keep busy

whimsicalfix85, why not? just go and see whether you prefer dr tham or dr chua? sticking with a gynae you are comfortable with is really important as it makes the pregnancy journey so much more enjoyable! :) congrats on hearing baby's heartbeat, by the way!

Congrats & welcome to all the new mummies!

Today I finally booked my CL. She is booked till Mar 2015 and she don't take assignment in Apr. Which means her next availability is May which is just right for me! Phew! Luckily I acted fast! To mummies who are looking for CL, better jump into action quickly, if not all the good ones will soon be taken!

Babygaga, I also JUST booked my CL yesterday. gosh, these CLs (especially the better ones) get booked so fast. I called 4 and managed to secure this one. the rest booked till mid-May/June. and 2 of them told me they are booked by the same mummy to stay for 2 months.

mommymich, this is my first time hiring CL also, hence not very clear on the normal avg rates. mine quoted me $2.5k which I guess is reasonable for 28 days of hard work - cooking, washing, looking after baby etc. I heard some CLs are asking for $.27k onwards. and think pay when she comes?? lol! I am clueless... can some mummies enlighten us? oh yah.. need to give an angbao before and after start work also.

alternatively, if you prefer not to spend so much for a CL, can order confinement tingkat (around $1.6k for lunch and dinner for 28 days). some of my friends recommend Natal Essentials and Chilli Padi. can check these 2 out.

mommymich, so far the CL referred by my friends are around slightly more than 2k for 28 days. Whether you need a CL or not depends on your expectation. This is my first pregnancy so I want to do a proper confinement.

Babygaga, sleepawhile, I see! then mine is a tad on the high side liao.. my mum was my confinement nanny for past 2. now that she has her hands full with 2, I can no longer expect her to help me out so got to resort to hiring CL. initially wanted to just order tingkat, but then after thinking about it, this will likely be my last confinement so might as well spend a bit more and do it well and ensure my health is good.

Well, money will be well spent if CL takes good care of you :) I didn't get a CL for #1. This time round, am considering either a CL or maid. I'm leaning more towards a maid though, for long term plan.

I am also engaging a CL but she's an Indonesian based in Malaysia. Very sought after even by Chinese family as she is very experience and will help mummy with breast feeding, daily massage and wrapping, cooking and taking care of baby. It was recommended by a family friend. I hope she's good.

I do not think that I could afford to hire CL. I think i will rely on my mom or my sis during my confinement to help. Still dunno though how it will be going. Hopefully, I can coping with that. I just afraid got post-natal depression ....

I guess it depends on individual. My mom will be helping too but I know she cannot cope with the night feeding and such so bo pian have to engage a CL. My hubby also worry about post natal blues so he said never mind we spend lesser just make sure we r taken care during 1st month

mommymich, I personally feel confinement is important. my health wasn't very good before I got pregnant, very prone to coughs and colds and I would take a long time to recover. also would feel cold very often in the office.

however, I noticed that after giving birth and confinement, I am physically stronger. likely due to all the tonics taken during the confinement. plus I drank a lot of herbal wines (DOM, Wincarnis etc.) and made sure I ate well. now, I don't feel cold in the office and will not fall sick as easily.

Speaking abt post natal blues.. it's so easy to get agitated over the tiniest thing during the first month. My hub was my punching bag then.. haha

@starrymommy. My CL says this year they all increase to 2.6 already. But mine is only increasing next year. I pay her cash at the end of the 28 days. And yes, there's Ang bao when she comes and leaves. Not sure if taxi fare is common but I had to pay for her cab fare from the train station to my place. But going back, she was going to meet her daughter and my hubby gave her a lift to the MRT station so didn't pay for that can fare.

Yes I think it is important to bu after giving birth but also need to check on individual body type. I am the heaty type so I can't take too much ginger and tonic. I think my tcm will only allow me to take 2 weeks confinement food.

Hi i want to check with all. Now i am seeing mr don wong chun ping at admiralty. His package started 12 wks and only $660 only. I am wondering is he good gynae or any feedback? Pls advice me before i sign the package. Any experience with him before??

For the first time in my pregnancy, I finally experienced nausea. I vomitted twice today (at approx 7 weeks). @starrymommy you were so right about it.
I hope this continues to be not so terrible for me.

By the way, I'm going to see Dr Ben Tham and I can't wait. Been hearing rather positive reviews of him.

Speaking abt post natal blues.. it's so easy to get agitated over the tiniest thing during the first month. My hub was my punching bag then.. haha

Is it detrimental to be angry when you are pregnant? I'm afraid because sometimes I do get angry with my hubby whenever he upsets me, sometimes, I even shouted. I'm so worried that it might affect the baby.

@BubsandBloms, i meant that to be 1 mth after giving birth :)

During pregnancy, it's not advisable to be angry. But I feel it's good to let it out once a while instead of bottling it up. Hormones amok mah, sometimes we can't help it. Take it easy babe :)

@BubsandBloms, i meant that to be 1 mth after giving birth :)

During pregnancy, it's not advisable to be angry. But I feel it's good to let it out once a while instead of bottling it up. Hormones amok mah, sometimes we can't help it. Take it easy babe :)
My temper becomes worst after preggy. Little things can get me so frustrated n angry. Then I can feel my blood pressure go up n suddenly feel so dizzy

Sometimes I keesiao temper will flare too. Hubby knows it is my hormones so he just ignore me haha...take it easy. I think it is quite normal.

mylilsheep, lol!! you just made me LOL at the 9 months long PMS. :p

BubsandBloms, hope you will find something that works in relieving your MS! warm honey lemon, or hot ginger tea?? it will usually fade off come 2nd tri. endure another 5-6 weeks. jia you!!

Re: temper
I will also blow my top at hubby if he pisses me off. feel guilty of that too.. sometimes it is just too hard to control the temper. will just flare up out of the blue?!

Hi mummies,

I am tested positive last week but still to early to calculate the EDD. But I estimated is around end May or early June.
Am 6 week pregnant base on my LMP. This morning when I woke up, I felt that my breast not as sore as before... My pregnant symptom seem to reduce.... any mummies experience the same problem - 'pregnancy symptom disappear' ?

Any mummies have done scan at 6 wk ? can see anything ? I did my on Tue at KKh A &E but only can see a sac and yolk.... Dr said must wait 2 week then can repeat the scan. I had hx of miscarriage so I'm quite worry now. Plus my pregnancy symptom suddenly disappear this morning, made me more scare... :|

Hi! Just wanted to say hi. I am currently about 10wks and 2 days now. Still fighting the occasional nausea but it's definitely been an improvement so far from wk 6-8.

Any mummies have done scan at 6 wk ? can see anything ? I did my on Tue at KKh A &E but only can see a sac and yolk.... Dr said must wait 2 week then can repeat the scan. I had hx of miscarriage so I'm quite worry now. Plus my pregnancy symptom suddenly disappear this morning, made me more scare... :|
I think I did my scan at also about 6 weeks. Only saw the sac and yolk. As for pregnancy symptoms, mine has come and gone and returned again. I have good days and bad days. Treasure the good days!

come back 2 weeks is about there. I MC twice b4, so when preggy, I started my scan at 5 wk, only sac, doc say come back at 6 wk, can see yolk and sac. then by 8 wk can hear hb already. :)
did doc provide you any progesterone pill? Don't worry, just monitor and if no bleeding should be fine yah.
You will feel more secured when you reach 12wks. :)

hi, my scan is done at 6w5d which is nearing 7 week mark then I heard a heartbeat. i read that even 1-2 days also make a diff that's why at 6 week maybe too early to hear hb. don't worry, you should see a hb when you go back in 2 weeks. :)

I'm focusing on one more day to Friday and then weekends! really cannot wait.
Yesterday was a good day for me, even though I had the usual nausea, I felt slightly more energetic and I could stomach a mcdonald fish burger for dinner.
Just when I had hopes that maybe my body is adjusting better, today the nausea is back and my appetite is worst.

Ng Yen Ling, I did scan at 4w3d, doc say cannot see anything yet, then I come back at 5w4d, can see the sac only. Then by 7w3d, i can see the baby and hear the heartbeat already, but baby still small less than 1.5 cm. So I guess by week 6, you are supposed to see the sac and possibly the baby and the heartbeat.

I was done my first scan on 6 wks so i cant see clearly so my gynae asked me to come again next 2 wks then i can hear my baby heart beats that time so no worries

I had a scan at 6 weeks 6 days
Heard heartbeat and saw a sac :)
I'm still having symptoms of pregnancy like nausea
Maybe u wait and see
My next appt is 4 nov (1 month later) but I'm excited so I guess I'll just visit next week? I'm current 8 weeks today:)

Hi yen ling, don't be too worried....you can try the scan again in your 8th week, by then you might be able to see something bigger and a heartbeat... pregnancy symptoms do come and go i believe, for instance i was feeling all day morning sickness for the past 2 weeks, and then yesterday i decided to take a walk in the evening at the park and then had my noodle soup, and then the whole night i wasn't feeling nauseous.. however as i'm typing this now, my energy level is at an all time low, and i still need to focus at work...very difficult...so take it easy!

Back