(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Hi
Hi guys, made a list so that we can easily refer to and track down together. Sorry if I missed out on anyone, for any errors, any missing info (EDD dates), or for even tagging those who are no longer active. Would appreciate if u can reply me to correct the errors or reply me so that I can include u in this list. Will constantly edit & update this post. I hope this will benefit all of us! =)

@mama_joanne EDD 15 OCT / POPPED ON 9 SEP AT 34 WEEKS

@Tiffanytei EDD 15 OCT / POPPED ON 16 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@shaine POPPED ON 17 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@TiongCL EDD 5 OCT / POPPED ON 18 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@Rhonna EDD 2 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 35-36 WEEKS

@agaga POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 38 WEEKS 4 DAYS

@angel_loi EDD 2 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 38 WEEKS 4 DAYS

@BunnyHorse EDD 8 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@lala POPPED ON 25 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@zeropanda EDD 17 OCT / POPPED ON 27 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@lervia EDD 4 OCT / POPPED ON 30 SEP AT 39 WEEKS 3 DAYS

@Vivien Kei EDD 4 OCT

@hpng88 EDD 7 OCT

@littlefish866 EDD 7 OCT

@blurblur_mtb EDD 9 OCT

@dreamz86 EDD 11 OCT

@ah_mei_08 EDD 14 OCT

@verine22 EDD 14 OCT

@twentyseven EDD 15 OCT

@silentlove EDD 17 OCT

@trinityyy EDD 18 OCT

@yaozi EDD 19 OCT

@hanachiaki EDD 21 OCT

@kitty_kitty EDD 21 OCT

@happymom2510 EDD 24 OCT

@littledevil8281 EDD 24 OCT

@beac EDD 24 OCT

@purple_luv EDD 25 OCT

@belleryn EDD 25 OCT

@popie EDD 26 OCT

@livy EDD 28 OCT

@yvonne3631 EDD 28 OCT

@leoclub EDD 28 OCT

@shabsrina EDD 28 OCT

@nanadeedadee EDD 29 OCT

@Baobei2014 EDD 29 OCT

@shaztan EDD 30 OCT

@veline EDD 30 OCT

@littlepeanut EDD 31 OCT

@gg_nyssa EDD 7 NOV
hi, my edd on 26th Oct.. I've not been active in replying but I do read all your posts daily!

Hi guys, made a list so that we can easily refer to and track down together. Sorry if I missed out on anyone, for any errors, any missing info (EDD dates), or for even tagging those who are no longer active. Would appreciate if u can reply me to correct the errors or reply me so that I can include u in this list. Will constantly edit & update this post. I hope this will benefit all of us! =)

@Vivien Kei EDD 4 OCT

@hpng88 EDD 7 OCT

@littlefish866 EDD 7 OCT

@blurblur_mtb EDD 9 OCT

@dreamz86 EDD 11 OCT

@ah_mei_08 EDD 14 OCT

@verine22 EDD 14 OCT

@twentyseven EDD 15 OCT

@silentlove EDD 17 OCT

@trinityyy EDD 18 OCT

@yaozi EDD 19 OCT

@hanachiaki EDD 21 OCT

@kitty_kitty EDD 21 OCT

@happymom2510 EDD 24 OCT

@beac EDD 24 OCT

@purple_luv EDD 25 OCT

@belleryn EDD 25 OCT

@popie EDD 26 OCT

@livy EDD 28 OCT

@yvonne3631 EDD 28 OCT

@leoclub EDD 28 OCT

@shabsrina EDD 28 OCT

@nanadeedadee EDD 29 OCT

@Baobei2014 EDD 29 OCT

@shaztan EDD 30 OCT

@veline EDD 30 OCT

@littlepeanut EDD 31 OCT

@gg_nyssa EDD 7 NOV

hey hey i popped on 27 September at 38 weeks. doing my confinement now

Last edited:
Yah..i read that one of the labor signs is sudden diarrhea after a continuous constipation throughout the pregnancy.
And i noticed the swelling in my feet too. It has been swelling since the early stages but suddenly just subsided once, then it started swelling again and today it went down. So weird.

My granny said the pattern will repeat 3 times cause that was what she experienced in all her 10 pregnancies before she gets to meet her babies. Haha. Dont know if it's true or not leh

Hahaha. Better get new undies before it gets worse. Just buy cheapo2 ones for the time being can already.

yes! i opened my bowel at 2200hrs, a super large loose stool and i got contraction at 3.30am

Hello Oct Mummies.. I'm from April15 MTB group.. I dropping by to see if you all have any CL for recommendation as my previous CL for my #1 is booked. Would like to hear some of your experience with your current CL and possible share with me the contact.

Many Thanks, jiayou to all mummies who is gonna pop anytime soon! =)

Hello Oct Mummies.. I'm from April15 MTB group.. I dropping by to see if you all have any CL for recommendation as my previous CL for my #1 is booked. Would like to hear some of your experience with your current CL and possible share with me the contact.

Many Thanks, jiayou to all mummies who is gonna pop anytime soon! =)
@leenk
U can search thru this motherhood forum key word confinement nanny...
I found mine thru reco of 1 of d CL in this forum...now I m doing my confinement n so far so gd...

I had popped on 6th Oct!
After 10hr of contraction with minimal dilation even after OB burst my water bag, he suggested for Epidural for faster dilation.

Dilation hit 10cm but bb facing up and head not engage. OB suggested vacuumed after an hours of pushing and vacuuming. My little girl was out finally! phew no csec.

Was exhausted and after epidural die off, I started to shiver and puked acidic liquid (no food for 14hrs).

Everything seems worthwhile when the little girl started suckling away.

ImageUploadedByForum1412628215.564792.jpg

thank you everyone and jiayou/gambatte for those newbie mummy-to-be don't worry whether to epidurak or not. I was reluctant at first cos I'm scare but after enduring the 2-3min interval contraction for hours and took the epidural, I felt everything just fall into pieces and I enjoy the process more. well is up to each individual decision.

@Vivien Kei EDD 4 OCT

@hpng88 EDD 7 OCT

@littlefish866 EDD 7 OCT

@blurblur_mtb EDD 9 OCT

@dreamz86 EDD 11 OCT

@ah_mei_08 EDD 14 OCT

@verine22 EDD 14 OCT

@twentyseven EDD 15 OCT

@silentlove EDD 17 OCT

@trinityyy EDD 18 OCT

@yaozi EDD 19 OCT

@hanachiaki EDD 21 OCT

@kitty_kitty EDD 21 OCT

@happymom2510 EDD 24 OCT

@beac EDD 24 OCT

@purple_luv EDD 25 OCT

@belleryn EDD 25 OCT

@popie EDD 26 OCT

@livy EDD 28 OCT

@yvonne3631 EDD 28 OCT

@leoclub EDD 28 OCT

@shabsrina EDD 28 OCT

@nanadeedadee EDD 29 OCT

@Baobei2014 EDD 29 OCT

@shaztan EDD 30 OCT

@veline EDD 30 OCT

@littlepeanut EDD 31 OCT

@gg_nyssa EDD 7 NOV

silent reader & rarely post... my edd 21 oct ;)

I had popped on 6th Oct!
After 10hr of contraction with minimal dilation even after OB burst my water bag, he suggested for Epidural for faster dilation.

Dilation hit 10cm but bb facing up and head not engage. OB suggested vacuumed after an hours of pushing and vacuuming. My little girl was out finally! phew no csec.

Was exhausted and after epidural die off, I started to shiver and puked acidic liquid (no food for 14hrs).

Everything seems worthwhile when the little girl started suckling away.

View attachment 396916

thank you everyone and jiayou/gambatte for those newbie mummy-to-be don't worry whether to epidurak or not. I was reluctant at first cos I'm scare but after enduring the 2-3min interval contraction for hours and took the epidural, I felt everything just fall into pieces and I enjoy the process more. well is up to each individual decision.

Your birth story reminded me of my first. :) baby was facing up too even though engaged. Dilation took forever. More than 12 hrs in the delivery suite. Took the epidural so I hv energy to welcome my bb's arrival.

And I m still waiting... Going for my 37 week chk up this afternoon.

@popie, i'm also waiting.. feeling so bored & lazy. Are you working?
Mine also this week checkup. CL just called me to say a lot of oct mommies early..will i be early too?

Congrats @littlefish866!! Good job and that's a beautiful girl. ;)

I'm coming 38 weeks this week! Still waiting. Can feel baby has lowered as my tummy not so high up alr and my inner pevic and down there the bone area feeling more and more pressure as I walk/pee/stand.

Hahah. I guess all of us are playing the waiting game now!!
Jia you to all!!!

hi ladies, can i ask if anyone can add me into the fb group? my email is [email protected]

Edd was suppose to be suppose to be early nov but decided to c sec in late oct so will be an oct mummy.

thanks in advance
Hi h_karine,

me too edd in early nov but going csect between 18=23 oct.
are you choosing epi or GA?
Am in a dilemma now which to choose. Haiz..

Congrats @littlefish866.. well done!!!

Today gynae appt again on my week39.. have not been here for sometimes le.. been busying with my closing.. the lady who is covering me is not doing a good job.. now she is sick, and i have to cover her instead to meet the deadline.. feeling so stress and tired.. sigh..

Mummies, I just went for my check up today and doc tell me tomorrow go give birth le. I'm at 38 weeks and 6 days tomorrow. Think he's gonna induce me coz he say water bag level low and baby is 3.4kg :( hope the labour time will be shorter than my #1.

Mummies, I just went for my check up today and doc tell me tomorrow go give birth le. I'm at 38 weeks and 6 days tomorrow. Think he's gonna induce me coz he say water bag level low and baby is 3.4kg :( hope the labour time will be shorter than my #1.
Haha!! I saw you, cause i heard your conversation btw u and nurse/husband/son/auntie.
I was sitting beside u on the sofa holding mr bean drink(u also)
Anyway wish u smooth delivery tomorrow :)

Haha!! I saw you, cause i heard your conversation btw u and nurse/husband/son/auntie.
I was sitting beside u on the sofa holding mr bean drink(u also)
Anyway wish u smooth delivery tomorrow :)
Haha I think I saw you and your hubby too. You were waiting in front of doc's room right? Both wearing specs.

Your birth story reminded me of my first. :) baby was facing up too even though engaged. Dilation took forever. More than 12 hrs in the delivery suite. Took the epidural so I hv energy to welcome my bb's arrival.

And I m still waiting... Going for my 37 week chk up this afternoon.

Hi popie,

Nurses were telling me that 2nd one will be faster, hope you have a smooth delivery, keep us updated on your 2nd delivery process.

jiayou!!

Thank you mummies' blessing. Im into my 3rd day and going to discharge in the afternoon.
Just some advices(from a 3days mummy's experience ) to newbie mummy, try to get as much rest as possible after delivery so that you will have energy for your LO. Don't keep carrying or cuddle LO, do it while you're breast feeding and talk to them for bonding.
Let LO get used to the feed/sleep routine. I think the night nurses did a great job by extending the bb night feed time from 2hourly in the day to 4hourly at night such that mummy can rest. Of cos you feed if LO cry in the middle of the night.

Just a 2 cent thot.

Today is my 39 weeks 2 days.. yday start having very little brown discharge. Heard frm my sil tt it could be these 2-3 days. Im only Seeing my gynae tis saturday.. my house no aircon yet.. e aircon guy can only fix on 17th.. hopefully bb can wait till then. N we having hotel stay tis sat for my mum's bday. Hopefully jayden will prefer to stay in hotel n enjoy e aircon before he pops.. hehe

All the best @silentlove & @verine22. More and more mommies are popping and its only early oct!

Yup I gave Sgd 28 for the start work hongbao. Not a must but its a little token to cover her transport and also for Heng Heng

Hi popie,

Nurses were telling me that 2nd one will be faster, hope you have a smooth delivery, keep us updated on your 2nd delivery process.

jiayou!!

Thank you mummies' blessing. Im into my 3rd day and going to discharge in the afternoon.
Just some advices(from a 3days mummy's experience ) to newbie mummy, try to get as much rest as possible after delivery so that you will have energy for your LO. Don't keep carrying or cuddle LO, do it while you're breast feeding and talk to them for bonding.
Let LO get used to the feed/sleep routine. I think the night nurses did a great job by extending the bb night feed time from 2hourly in the day to 4hourly at night such that mummy can rest. Of cos you feed if LO cry in the middle of the night.

Just a 2 cent thot.
True.. Try to get as much rest as possible in the hospital. I was so eager to room in with my no1 during my first time and ended up tired. This time round I only bring in bb during feeding time. My roommate in the hospital and I had the same mindset and we lights off at 10pm and slept till the sun rises lol.

Hi all mummies,

Any idea which brand of milk storage bag is good? Prefer not to ex yet solid. Heard some brand easier to spill out after keep in freezer for quite sometimes. May I know how long Breast milk can keep in normal fridge? So far I only know freezer can last for 3 months. Cz sometimes I pump out quite a lot & baby was still sleeping. Wonder if can last for 6 hours in normal fridge?

Hi all mummies,

Any idea which brand of milk storage bag is good? Prefer not to ex yet solid. Heard some brand easier to spill out after keep in freezer for quite sometimes. May I know how long Breast milk can keep in normal fridge? So far I only know freezer can last for 3 months. Cz sometimes I pump out quite a lot & baby was still sleeping. Wonder if can last for 6 hours in normal fridge?

I have been using this brand.
http://www.***********.com/

Actually the bursting of milk bags is cos you fill the milk bag too full. Last time I used to release all the air from the bag after filling up with milk to safe space in my freezer. I realize cannot. Cos when liquid freezes it expands. The best way to safe space in freezer is to lie milk bag flat when freezing

For me I bought a separate deep freezer to store milk. Cos my freezer is full of food. No space once I start pumping regularly. If you have a deep freezer can store up to 4-6mths. Deep freezer temp goes as low as -25deg. If can afford it is a good investment. After you are done can sell off.

@popie, i'm also waiting.. feeling so bored & lazy. Are you working?
Mine also this week checkup. CL just called me to say a lot of oct mommies early..will i be early too?
@leocub I am a working mum but have been on leave since start of September cos of the early contractions. Now 37 weeks already still no news. Think cos bb facing sideways. Sianz. My #1 also like that. In the end labour took v long.

I have been watching HK dramas n sleeping. Weather so hot some more. Feel so drowsy staying at home. But can't drive already. Stomach too big, hit the steering wheel. So I dun dare go out also. Before that used to ferry my #1 for classes or go tea with friend. Haha.

Can't wait for bb to arrive. Getting heavier and heavier. And painful too.

Hi popie,

jiayou!!

Just a 2 cent thot.

Littlefish, this is my #3 already! Hehe.

My #1 born on edd, #2 at 38weeks. This one duno. Already 37weeks+ still quiet.

Both my #1 & #2 were notorious in the nursery. Cry so loud that nurses had to carry bb and walk them up n down n end up they have to sleep in nurses' station else they wake the whole nursery. So no choice when nurses under staff they will bring to my room to let me look after. Haha. But agree when in the hospital just latch, press call button n ask nurses to bring back look after. Mummy sleep. Easier to look after when bb goes home also. Bb will be less dependent on needing to latch to fall asleep. When bb room in with me I will latch abt 10-15min max then unlatch , burp n put bb back into the cot to sleep until bb cry again. Helps for mummy to be disciplined with the latching time from the start.

I usually keep a log book from the time I get home. I will jot down time I feed, how long bb latch, when bb sleep and how long, even though I latch and duno how much bb drinks. Then try to see if there is a pattern. N establish feed-sleep cycle from there.

@popie

Sorry, unable to open the link. Which brand u using? Actually my milk supply is not that much yet.. Just that now I have to store my Breast milk as my LO still have jaundice. So I feed my LO 20% of BM & 80% of FM. Those extra BM thinking of keep it till her jaundice level totally drop to safe level then will feed her.

@popie, u mean baby facing sideway, the labour will take very long?? My baby is facing sideway i believe coz he always kicking of of my side.. im week39 le, still no news yet too.. planning to request doc to induce on the 2 or 3 days earlier...

Jaundice cannot take bm??

@verine22

I heard if baby have jaundice, reduced the BM & feed more on FM every 2 hours. Doc did mentioned before too. It will helps to reduce jaundice level.

started my leave since 1st October.. i'm so bored at home. not sure what to do. thinking of searching on videos or websites that has tips on taking care of babies, since i didn't sign up for any antenatal course? Any mummies here has youtube channel or good websites to recommend?

I use pigeon storage milk bags. Had no issues will spills or breaking of the bags. :) I don't like Avent storage cups, cos once you drop it, it cracks, happens to me a lot :( so then very heartpain.

ImageUploadedByForum1412772088.715545.jpg

Here's a guideline of the storage life for BM!

If normal fridge def more than 6 hours shld be fine. I will have a thermometer in the fridge to be abit kaisu and keep track of the temperature.

I will freeze it to be safe but normally I won't keep it more than 2weeks. Unless I'm travelling away from baby (experience with my #1)

My #1 had jaundice but still continued BM. You have to check what kind of jaundice is it. Is it cos of breastmilk or a more serious matter?

If BM, which was my case with #1 - I just continue to BM. PD and doc say all okay, just maybe cut down on ginger and yellow food. If you have BM I would say better to BM. Unless doc tells you otherwise.

Back